Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media (16390 Views)

A Warning To Igbo University Students, Don’t Join any Protest / 5 Reasons Secondary School Girls Are Having Boyfriends / 5 Secondary School Students Promise Not To Get Pregnant Till They Graduate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Alexislucius(m): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
Tell Them
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by adeife16(m): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
legibow:
Rilly, why then do their teachers give them assignment that requires google usage....
google is not social media
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Bloooody(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
This is rubbish. Social media is helpful in both the good way and bad way, There's no way to go about it.
I have learnt alot from social media that school hasn't taught me. Not everything you do in life is from school.
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Bloooody(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
adeife16:

whatsapp is not a social media
Stop displaying your stupidity.
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by myettiallah: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
46O1CE:

. Have you seen this guy’s signature? What happened to Rule 10?
so what have you achieved douche bag
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by 46O1CE: 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
myettiallah:

so what have you achieved douche bag
Fuck_ off!
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Edoziesmart(m): 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nlolodo:
Stupid write up shocked
one of the teenager we have in nairaland spotted.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Respect55(m): 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2018
vizkiz:
You should edit the title to "5 reasons why I THINK NIGERIAN SOME secondary school students BELOW 18 don't need social media"

You'd be shocked to know how much kids (even at elementary school) learn from social media.
What is this one typing?

You wanted to correct someone and ended up typing gibberish
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 07, 2018
myettiallah:
90% of nlanders are teenagers,especially those in romanceland
Not true
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 07, 2018
ObservantFellow:
Secondary school per se has no age restrictions. I think this should be binding on age and not the institution.
If we aspire to be like individuals of developed countries, we have to emulate some of their ideologies. What we call the 'evil' social media are actually projects undertaken by kids of which age are easily found in Nigerian secondary school.

With how insecure Nigeria is, social media helps out in maintaining contact with persons without exposing the child to the toxic elements in the environs.

It is only natural that as a child grows older, he /she tends to learn more from peers. Being on social media is subject to a lot of things. The absence of these conditions mean they'll always have time for other things. Moreover, social media is just social media. The parents remain the parents and their basic law in the house holds supreme.

With divorce and daily hustle tearing families apart, social media helps provide a means to make sense of all of that, giving a cheaper alternative to communicate amongst themselves than whatever phone bills can offer.

Not to say social media has no evils. But we can't be too particular about such things.
I agree with you on this
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Reinah(f): 5:58am On Nov 07, 2018
I totally agree with the post, the disadvantages of getting them a phone at that stage outweighs the advantages.

I started using a mobile at 8-9, registered on FB at 12, I used to sneak my aunt's phone to browse and I can't tell how much all that affected me. I'm making sure same doesn't happen to my siblings.

If you are blessed enough, a general PC in the house or your personal system can help them do researches on assignments. I think the best thing is to let them have a phone they use after school for a limited time and also on weekends..that should help them from the temptation of getting a phone without your knowledge.

Las las, there is no manual to parenting. Phone or no phone, pray that nature smiles on you with your children.
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by frozen70(f): 6:52am On Nov 07, 2018
Let's be Frank, they don't need it at all.

It's a complete distraction for them

At their teenage age, if care is not taken, they will derail and loose focus
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Thesia(f): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2018
Just plain glibberish...I was 13 when I started fb and am 18 now, so what the heck is wrong with people, this is 21th century get on with it idiots. undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by ajaymina(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Rubbish post undecided

My younger brother in JSS3 is learning Physics thru WhatsApp together with the rest of his classmates.

After explaining in class, their teacher still uses WhatsApp group platform to explain further and the students also express themselves in ways they couldn't in class.

This is 21st century, OP don't get left behind.

Sometimes I wonder if I am in the right location of the planet...

Why would someone in his/her right sense say such

This is 21st century (IT age, not Stone age) for goodness sake.

Anyone who isn't compatible with the program of the AGE should immediately discard him/herself from the system let the citizens of the GENERATION inherit their benefits.

Mad idiots adamant to evolve with trend everywhere.

5 reasons Secondary school students don't need Social media in STONE AGE GENERATION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by ShannyJ: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2018
Things has seriously changed
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by legibow: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
adeife16:

google is not social media
is what assignment site ..... Abi no b there you go search everything
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by 24hoursreporter: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
Edoziesmart:
one of the teenager we have in nairaland spotted.
By their comments we shall know them. Lol
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Philinho(m): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=72744001]

And I'm sure you wish for a Mark Zuckerberg to emanate from your household. undecided

@Topic: Your post is not just ridiculous but reeks of someone with a prehistoric brain
You are an element of an untrained child.must you insult ? Who told you that using phone in secondary sch made mark zuckerberg.How many teenagers are using phone positively? .Its my opinion so Bleep off
Re: 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media by Philinho(m): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2018
stevups:

It will assist seriously. The negative effects of internet to the teenagers outweigh the positive.
Thanks for understanding with me....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yobe State Has Zero Cut Off Mark For Federal School Entrance / Leicester Medical University: Entry Requirements And Tuition / Redeemer’s University Scientists Build 10-minute Ebola And Lassa Test Kits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.