Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,854 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:45 AM

Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped (46309 Views)

Top Ten Reality Tv Shows In Nigeria / 25 Best Movie Streaming Sites - February 2019 - The Top TV / Tv Show: Top Tv Series - Best Tv Shows Of 2018 Hd, Mp4 And 3gp Free Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by millionboi2: 5:48am On Nov 07, 2018
iyatrustee:
The companies probably channelled their resources to beneficial CSR projects.

Not that any of them operated at a loss in the last 3yrs. Truth be told, it is not business as usual......shey na MTN with 2billion fine go fit sponsor project fame?

are u married?
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by frozen70(f): 6:48am On Nov 07, 2018
ajon1:
Please I need a loan or sponsor to purchase a tricycle (Keke Napep) so I can ride it myself. I'm willing to use my B.Sc and NYSC certificates as collateral. I'm in Lagos State but I'm willing to relocate if need be.
If there's anyone who can help, kindly call or whatsapp me on 0 7 0 6 6 6 9 0 7 8 4
You can also click on the link on my signature to message me directly on whatsapp. Thanks

God will send a divine helper to you in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 07, 2018
ipobarethieves:
grin wink angry undecided.Wic Union guys told u to luk for someone to give U? maybe u meet those ones running afta danfo to collect land use charge. -"
Pls how do I know them real union officials? If you are in Lagos, kindly help me make enquiries
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by SadMemories(m): 7:00am On Nov 07, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
Even bet9ja don hard well well odds dey reduce everyday..abi alabi don broke ni?
Alabi be
digital criminal na
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by Naughtytboy: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2018
maybachmusic:
Good riddance

Time to sponsor useful stuff and not jokes

undecided
you are mad, those stuffs have helped we in the Street,
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:28am On Nov 07, 2018
azimibraun:
A lot of the interesting shows you are talking about have moved to YouTube Channels. Anything you want, you get on YouTube. But you have got to have "Life" sorry Data. I watch Glo's Professor John Bull on YouTube becouse its hard form me to catch up on NTA. People dont have TV time as such. Nigerians now look to their phones for entertainment in short videos and ads and look to watch serious News on Channels tv and its mainly headline news o! The times have changed. Massive TV programs by companies will extinct. Its the season of the social media. People don't watch Big brother on DSTV but watch the short clips on YouTube and go ahead to comment and even vote. Abi I lie? Businesses are doing serious research to cut cost and meet the customers half way.

I totally agree with you...

1 Like

Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by luvinhubby(m): 7:41am On Nov 07, 2018
thebigkendo:

Lol..Pastor!! Even Shows wey don stop since 2013 na Buhari stop them grin grin grin..

Person go soon blame Buhari for his inability to have an erection angry angry

Oh boy am not laughing oo, this is a very serious matter.

Businessmen like us watched the values of our businesses diminish by as much as 50% due to Buhari's gross incompetence.
Left some cash in the bank for a future transaction, only to find out my cash can only fund about 60% of it on maturity, losing 40% of my worth because Buhari was incompetent

1 Like

Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by Psoul(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2018
Jayloy:
It is not as profitable as before considering the advent of social media. How many people sit to watch programs on TV but most are on social media. Instead of spending so much money on TV airtime, this money can achieve a better result with a targeted online campaign and marketing because everything still boys boils down to marketing.

Bro,
You gat it wrong. Programs like those mentioned attracts many viewers and have high profit both financially and otherwise. May be you don't those programs. What will you say about the likes of BBNaija? Are they not making much profit wit it? The mentioned programs are like the BBN but the bad economy of the country has killed those beautiful programs especially my lovely MTN Project Fame.
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by efeski(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2018
Jazzy Jonz Presents

The Profitboi's #KOWOWALECHALLENGE

We'll be giving out N200,000 in the #KowowaleChallenge

Simply post a video of yourself vibing to the track Kowowale by Jazzy Jonz ft. Killertunes and stand the chance to win N40,000 weekly.

Follow & tag @profitboijazziejonz and @gareth_gmusic on instagram for more updates.
Group submissions are also welcome

Terms & Conditions apply!!!

NB

See link for music below

https://l.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww..ng%2Fdownload-mp3%2Fjazzie-jonz-ft-killertunes-kowowale%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3oh2YDh55855T6LZATn0Kjoo7wB273ixg4klAnh4PfZ1LYighrSePeiWg&h=AT1SsnwV3FJrQ8RwZtxrQqOBKv7QJodA0ry4NOoKPPGKQhuS-6PPckdMW4TIhWJpAheP5vKc9fDhpUUxYQ3aiYwr4GDygp1-22D4apoCv8FbXZUc2L5UPxwwbcQxAeaQCL4

Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by GenFunction: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2018
ahhhh,buhari
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by Themandator: 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2018
So peeps no longer subscribe to dstv and startimes? Or they subscribe and abandoned the subscription to run out? How many homes have you visited and the TV was off while everyone was online on Facebook it twitter?

The economy is the principal reason. HSBC Bank just left Nigeria, is it also because there is online banking now?

Mtn and Glo gave you the data to be online and yet were sponsoring those programs and peeps were sending SMS to vote forn their preferred candidates. Now, the economy is biting, they don't vote as much as before, AGO to power the Gen while the filming goes on,sells for ₦245 at th depot not retail price pool. Add up everything and you see that cost of production versus weak purchasing power is behind it all.

Jayloy:
It is not as profitable as before considering the advent of social media. How many people sit to watch programs on TV but most are on social media. Instead of spending so much money on TV airtime, this money can achieve a better result with a targeted online campaign and marketing because everything still boys down to marketing.
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by harbarzzy(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
No free money!
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by victorazyvictor(m): 12:52am On Nov 08, 2018
Jayloy:
It is not as profitable as before considering the advent of social media. How many people sit to watch programs on TV but most are on social media. Instead of spending so much money on TV airtime, this money can achieve a better result with a targeted online campaign and marketing because everything still boys down to marketing.

What sort of comment is this? irritative!

Is social media not aiding TV programs?
Re: Why Top TV Shows In Nigeria Stopped by Nobody: 8:49am On May 31, 2019
Nice use of grey in this experience mate cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Martin Gaone Mabutho Dies At 47 (Pictures) / Vyzov: The Challenge - Russia To Shoot A Movie In Space / Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.