Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says (18204 Views)

Pictures Of The Police Minister & IGP At International Police Chiefs Meeting / Amaechi Demolished Mosques, Didn't Appoint Northerners, We Won't Vote Him: Arewa / A northern police man who calm the protest at fegge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by noblestan: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
• Call for Support for Obi’s Nomination

Three former Commissioners of Police (CPs) in Anambra State during the tenure of Mr. Peter Obi as governor of the state have exonerated him from the allegations that he demolished mosques and sacked non-indigenes, particularly northerners from the state.

These allegations are being propagated by the opposition against him on social media.

Speaking on at different occasions on the subject-matter, they were unanimous in rating Obi as a fair, humane and detribalised Nigerian, “whose passion as governor was for the good of all within his jurisdiction.”

Dismissing the news of demolition of mosques as a lie and propaganda obviously planted by the opposition to discredit the Atiku/Obi presidential ticket, they called on all well-meaning Nigerians, including Northern youths, to disregard the news as fake, urging them to always try as much as possible to verify report before believing them.

The former CPs in Anambra State, Gwary Usman, Alhaji Amusa Bello and Philemon Leha, who later retired in higher ranks, expressed concern over the spate of fake news, especially on social media, targeted at impugning the integrity of credible Nigerians, incidentally, the three ex-police officers are northerners who served during Obi’s eight years as governor.

Alhaji Amusa Bello, who was the CP in Anambra State from 2006 to 2010, described the allegation as laughable and a figment of the author’s imagination.

He also advised rumour mongers and purveyors of falsehood to desist from such acts, and support whoever God anointed to showcase what modern politics, leadership and management should represent.

Bello observed that it was unthinkable for anyone to associate Obi with violence or rascality as he never demolished any Mosque nor asked anyone, aside from criminals and kidnappers, to leave the state.

According to him, “I call on those behind this rumour to desist from that and look for fact. They should stop this ‘pull-him-down syndrome’ that will never take them anywhere good. Obi has a lot of credentials and several attributes that favour him in his aspiration. He dresses simple among others. Let them look for fact. He has emerged vice presidential candidate to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar; it’s God that ordained him. Let them support him.”

Similarly, retired Deputy Inspector General of Police, Mr. Philemon Leha, asserted that the Obi he worked with could not have and did not demolish Mosques nor asked non-indigenes to leave the state.

Visibly upset by the spurious allegation against Obi, he said: “I am from the North and I know what I am saying. Northerners are among the people building the economy of Anambra State and in what circumstances could a governor have sacked them? Numbering millions, they are practically everywhere in the state, including Awka, Amansea, Onitsha, Nnewi and many other towns and communities. Let Nigerians be assured that the allegation is a lie.”

Usman, who is a retired AIG, described the allegation as “false and wicked.” According to him, “It is not true. The allegation is false. I was in the state as CP and I was better placed to know the truth. Throughout the time I was in the state, nothing like that ever happened.”

Surprised at the gullibility of the people, he submitted that “Peter Obi is a gentleman. I can vouch for him. He is a detribalised citizen. I can tell you authoritatively that even if I wake up from slumber, I will tell you that Obi did not and can never hate any Northerner. I am surprised that our people are being deceived.”

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/06/obi-never-demolished-mosques-in-anambra-northern-police-chiefs-carpet-obis-critics/

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
We knew APC zombieshit were lying.. but we don't care, that's what they paid for.

189 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by noblestan: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
So many lies told about this man lately. This has been happening partly because he doesn't like blowing his trumpet and has a somewhat poor media team

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by noblestan: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lalasticlala I think this deserves FP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by TimFisher2: 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
undecided

God bless you my respected police chiefs

They will say all sort of things,tarnish our image,bring up propaganda,cook up frivolous stories.Be calm and give them real facts,because it is only the truth shall set us free- Atiku (2018)

I'm highly Atikulated because it is my Obligation!

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by stanluiz(m): 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
I know it is a lie from Yoruba BMC zombies propagated to tarnish his image but thank God for the northern cp that has proved that it is nothing but a lie.

Atiku/obi for 2019

Lalatiscala this deserved front page.

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by nameo: 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
Shouldn't this be on front page
Seun, lalastical

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Ziggylady(f): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
Afonjas are the biggest culprits in the series of false allegations against Peter Obi.

.unfortunately for them,their evil plans to pitch Obi against Northerners in their desperate bid to prevent the ouster of buhari/Osibanjo from Aso-rock next year is falling flat on its face.

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Corrinthians(m): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
"PDP didnt achieve a single millennium development goal from the year 2000 to 2015". - Obi Peter.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Racoon(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
Guess the aboki is an IPOB man now? APC sorry you guys are just losing it continuously.Just like the former IGPs Abubakar Tsav & Ibrahim Abba thought the only way to appeal to the northern public is to denigrate Jonathan.Alas! They got it wrong.

56 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by xisucuwa: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
all na story

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by bedspread: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
We know them!!
Cili aka ngenek
Sarrki
Butterflyleo
And others...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Naijawebmaster: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
People will do anything to bring this man down. But when God gat your back, your enemies will fail.

If you need a website, check my signature No advance payment required.

31 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Kaymaxi2222(m): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lie
Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by TwoBottles: 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
Must we play the religious card? Only atheists can fix this country. They are more logical in their reasoning. Islam and Christianity are the major problems of this country. While the former believes in jihad, the latter believes that prayer can solve all the problems. Bunch of retards.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by monkautos(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Corrinthians:
"PDP didnt achieve a single millennium development goal from the year 2000 to 2015". - Obi Peter.
Oga it is Nigeria and not PDP.. By the way it was not a lie...dont forget to tell us the ones Buhari achieved

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Amarabae(f): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ride on okwute ndi Igbo.
AtikuObi2019

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by themonk(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Corrinthians:
Is that why APC wants to kill us?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by stanluiz(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Yoruba Muslims will call the northern police commissioner IPOB cheesy cheesy

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Patrioticman007(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
See corrupt police, they have collected bribe. Anybody doubting the facts against peter obituary, should Google this pages.................."Below are two reports of the arrests and “deportation” as captured by two Nigerian newspapers at the time.
Anambra Orders Arrest Of Child Beggars
Leadership, December 4, 2011
DAVID-CHYDDY ELEKE
The Anambra state government has issue"
History has recorded peter obituary evil deeds and surely Karma shall repay him in his coin. Igbos pigs, just because of VP post, they are now romancing Nigeria.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by fikiman7000(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Atikulation is sure

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
They have started smear campaign against Peter Obi, but they will fail. Nke a bu nke anyi.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by zombieTRACKER: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
APc is a terrorist party

They thrive in spreading falsehood and propaganda

Only zombies take them serious

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by GavelSlam: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
All of a sudden you believe Nigerian Police officers.
grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
And truth has made them whole

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by CyberWolf: 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
Na BMC pigs dey spread the lies na . Atiku media team should be up and doing because the lies, slander and campaign of calumny will become intense once political campaign starts.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by monkautos(m): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
GavelSlam:
All of a sudden you believe Nigerian Police officers.
grin
Why don't you believe them?

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by Gangster1ms: 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
Apc and dirty politics.. 2019 is the year to kick u out forever angry

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by sadiktofa(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
I think the Atiku /Obi campaign organization should do much to clear the air on these allegations. Because the northern muslims are sensitive to such topic

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by GavelSlam: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
monkautos:

Why don't you believe them?

I thought you guys said they were liars and killers.

Over the years, no matter what the police force says many of you object to it.

When the arrest people concerning herdsmen violence you always claim they are innocent.

Why do you believe them now?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says by hucienda: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
For Obi's political detractors to lie about him shows they got nothing on him.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Pray Next Transport Minister Has My Kind Of Passion – Amaechi / Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku / Stop Killings In Nigeria - Oba Ogunji, Benin Republic Chief Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.