Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Government Increases Corps Members Allowances - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Government Increases Corps Members Allowances (12487 Views)

Which States Pays State Allowances To NYSC Corp Members / Corpers Tear Gassed For Protesting Unpaid Allowances By INEC / NYSC: Ebonyi State Government Increases State Allowance To 10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by 16Ebiscoo: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
The National Youth Service Corps members in Ebonyi are currently receiving the increased monthly allowances granted them by the state government.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Gov. David Umahi, during his recent visit to the scheme’s orientation camp in Afikpo, promised to increase the corps members’ monthly allowance from N5, 000 to N10, 000.

Mr Charles Akpuenika, the Chairman of the NYSC governing board in the stateEbonyi made the disclosure to NAN on Tuesday, noting that the claim could be verified from the NYSC.

Akpuenika, who is the state Commissioner for Sports and Youth Development, said the corps members had continued to send messages of gratitude on receiving the increased allowance.

“It is also noteworthy that the governor also released the sum of N400 million for the rehabilitation of the NYSC orientation camp to ensure that its environment is more condusive,” he said.

The commissioner said that the road leading to the camp was being constructed with concrete as directed by the governor while the streetlight installation was also ongoing.

“The hostels, parade ground and other facilities are also being reconstructed as the governor is determined to support the NYSC scheme to achieve its objectives.

“Ebonyi should rank as one of the states where corps members enjoy such largesse as the governor realises the importance of the scheme to national development,” he said.

Mrs Ann Ibe, the NYSC State Coordinator in Ebonyi confirmed receipt of the increased allowance by corps members and thanked the governor for the kind gesture.

“Corps members started receiving the allowance before the beginning of November and this would motivate them in effectively discharging their duties to the fatherland.

“The rehabilitation of facilities at our orientation camp has fully commenced as promised by the governor and we want to publicly attest to this kind gesture,” she said.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/government-increases-corps-members.html

2 Likes

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Iyajison: 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good one..

...expect more..

Minimum wage go increase.. So wil alawi

1 Like

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by downloadproject(f): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Let the money start flowing like water. Political season. season of sharing Money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Jaynom(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nawa o! GOMBE STATE didn't give us a dime! cry

6 Likes

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by psychologist(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Umahi

Best governor so far

10 Likes

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Wat ever
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Strangebuttrue(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ok
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by mightyhazell: 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
while ur indigenes serving in other places are paid nothing,...even chased around as 'infidels'..

1 Like

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Mansur59: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Na them they rush us
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Miache(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
Abeg shey this one na aside to the 19800 FG dey pay??
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by jericco1(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
nice
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by mightyboy1: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miache:
yes
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by cooldipo(m): 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good!
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miache:
Think so, FG will still pay,, this one is state allowance,, No fear shagringrincheesycheesy
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Monday60655(m): 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
See how my Governor is taking care of corp members in my State. This aka gum (stingy) Otom is not giving us anything here in Benue. I feel like serving in my state

6 Likes

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Billionaire09: 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Wow another scamming techniques by the zoo politicians in/outside corrupt Britain company "Nigeria the zoo limited".

Very simple to making promises during elections festivals. After these criminals festival and the best scammers won; the next step will be blame games and forgetting their campaigns promises.

O, I'm sorry for Nigerians and political zombies.

1 Share

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Femich18(m): 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
Monday60655:
See how my Governor is taking care of corp members in my State. This aka gum (stingy) Otom is not giving us anything here in Benue. I feel like serving in my state
lols....Eyah sorry things like that do happen...Benue is still far better than Kogi state. I remembered my service days at Kogi. I can't tell my enemy to choose that state

2 Likes

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by legibow: 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
Iyajison:
Good one..

...expect more..

Minimum wage go increase.. So wil alawi
it will not just b well with Governor Fatai of kwara state
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by kayc0(f): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Urbanklassik(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
So this oloriburuku governor allowed 17b corp members to pass out before increasing the state allawee without paying us a dime not even the 5000. I regret serving in that Godforsaken state. I just pray he lose the election come 2019.
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by mightyhazell: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
kayc0:
Baba. E pain Yu sha. Quietly go to d govt house and pour your grievances
who be ds imbe? iffa tear u slap eh
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nice one. Meanwhile for those with active sub on dstvs with access or family package should check my last topic for compact sports
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
The governor came to camp today and he promised us ₦10k apart from our normal state allawee.

We'll be given ₦5k tomorrow and ₦5k on Monday.
Ebonyi is a hot cake at the moment.
Whether it's for campaign or not, e no concern me.
Make the alert sha enter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by joelenesleek(f): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
He will not pay oh. Umahi paid for only 4 months when I served in 2016 and it was 5k
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by reachycul(m): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nigeria is going somewhere now
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Harbioye:
The governor came to camp today and he promised us ₦10k apart from our normal state allawee.

We'll be given ₦5k tomorrow and ₦5k on Monday.
Ebonyi is a hot cake at the moment.
Whether it's for campaign or not, e no concern me.
Make the alert sha enter

Thank you my dear, e must enter oh wink
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by QuinieR(f): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
Chai,y i no choose Ebonyi...omg..
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by QuinieR(f): 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
skarlett:

Hey Dear..
Hw is camp... hope ur enjoying it ..
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Howitzer: 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 07, 2018
skarlett:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Government Increases Corps Members Allowances by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 07, 2018
QuinieR:

Hey Dear..
Hw is camp... hope ur enjoying it ..

Camp is okay, hoping to get out soon. How are you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 In Kano / A16 Plateau State Corp Members / NYSC Different Names Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.