Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' (47054 Views)

Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall / Prince Charles Drives Classic 49 Year Old Aston Martin That Runs On White Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by MediahelmNGR: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, today asked the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, to lend his voice to the call for the British empire to return all the ancient Benin artifacts that were taken by the British authorities in 1897.

Speaking at the parley the visiting British royal had with royal fathers this evening, the Benin monarch told Prince Charles that the repatriation of the artifacts would enable him establish Oba Palace Museum for the promotion of tourism in his kingdom.
“Suffice to say that Nigerians in general and Benin people in particular will be most delighted to have your royal highness throw his royal weight behind our efforts to have some of our ancient artifacts that were taken in 1897 from the Royal Court of Benin returned to Benin to establish Oba Palace Museum for the promotion of tourism in Benin City, Edo State.” he said
Other traditional rulers that attended the meeting were the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi; Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar; Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe; Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, and others.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/return-our-stolen-artifacts-oba-of.html

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by DavidEsq(m): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
No time to dey lick boot, like the lifeless one and his cohorts

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by yeyeboi(m): 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
Well Said Oba , May Your Kingdom Reign

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Patrioticman007(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
That British empire should return your artifacts and the Religion of your ancestors, not the fake religion they used in colonizing and abducting your ancestors to serve as slaves in sugar & Banana plantations, in New world. "" when they came they told us to close ours eyes and pray, which we did, when we opened our eyes our lands where gone but they left us with their book called Bible "" keani materyu. 1823. This why I don't blame yahoo boys, if they defraud oyinbo slave masters, na return leg, naija dey play them.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by RanayP(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lol

1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by georjay(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
OBA OF BENIN - RETURN OUR STOLEN ARTIFACTS

PRINCE CHARLES--- I THOUGHT YOUR GBOYS ARE OBTAINING THE MONEY ALREADY

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Wetin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by czarina(f): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Oba gha tokpere!!! Iseee cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ngwanu, check my profile smiley

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Benin people funny die grin

35 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by KingOvo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
The Benin monarch has once again proved that he doesn't lick boots!
They should return Queen Idia's mask to Nigeria and particularly Benin Kingdom where it belongs!

If it's people from the North now, I won't say anything. .

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Freeman50(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Was he the one that stole or took it?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
If the artefacts would attract tourist to Benin they should return it cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Brizzy404: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Go report for police station na if them steal am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by physise(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
WHY IS THE OBA OF BENIN SITTING BEHIND A PRINCE?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by ednut1(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
With our so called juju the british destroyed the kingdom easily. Proof that juju is fake

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Hfavored: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by mudiana(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Em GATS return them artifacts oh. Ole British pple.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Darkseid(m): 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Return wetin? Those things are better off where they are currently, at least they are being appreciated there. Bring it to Nigeria and watch it become junk in less than one year. How many museums in Nigeria are functioning let alone being up to standard angry angry

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by FisifunKododada: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
cool
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Topmaike007(m): 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
I like this man him get mouth,I hope my ooni Will also talk cos our ori olokun and Osupa ijio is something that was taken from us too oo

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Opharhe: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good one, Umogun.
Oba gha to kpere. Ise.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Topmaike007(m): 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
mudiana:
Em GATS return them artifacts oh. Ole British pple.
Dem Sabi thief ehh
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by myettiallah: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
They are all sitting slightly behind the Prince of Wales

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by tripoli007(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
Return koo return nii .. So that some unscrupulous youths ,will steal them and perhaps this time ,we will never find them again .. Abeg make the articrafts dey UK .. Instead of them to liaise with them on how to reduce or cancel visa chage for colonized countries ..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Ilefoaye(m): 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
gbam
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by fishmillan: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Wailers will not talk now... This is another achievement under Buhari regime .... Prince Charles welcome to Nigeria ....Sai Buhari 2023
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by ihatebuhari(f): 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
God bless my state Edo.

Thou I hate that shitthhole called Nigeria but am so glad my Edo mum did secure a better life for us here

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by dododawa1: 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Topmaike007:
I like this man him get mouth,I hope my ooni Will also talk cos our ori olokun and Osupa ijio is something that was taken from us too oo
can u image someone PINKING

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by ollah2: 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Awesome!!!

Oba of Benin should inform his people return the religion they gave his people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by daveP(m): 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If the artefacts would attract tourist to Benin they should return it cool
iffai hear say the tourist would flock naija the same way they flock London to see those artifacts....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights / Bus Conveying Catholic Women Crashed Into A Tree In Benue, Many Dead / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.