Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' (47063 Views)

Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall / Prince Charles Drives Classic 49 Year Old Aston Martin That Runs On White Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by khiaa(f): 6:35am On Nov 07, 2018
SilentListener:
he's calling khiaa to come and save him, lol. grin the same Black Americans that are feeding of food stamps. grin grin

You are an idiot and you should do some research before you type your ignorance. In the United States, there are more whites on food stamps and welfare, in the U.S. Whites commit more crimes than anyone, in the U.S. There are more white drug addicts than any other race. Why don't you concentrate on boosting your sorry sexual performance? undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Adek15(m): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2018
Nlkay:
The sitting pattern wasn't according to weight or might. Emir of Kano is also behind.
emir of kano na just envoy where sultan dey na
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Hamilton1(m): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2018
fishmillan:
Wailers will not talk now... This is another achievement under Buhari regime .... Prince Charles welcome to Nigeria ....Sai Buhari 2023
idiot u ar de most useless person i hav ever see, dis is nt nd achievement
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by khiaa(f): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
When African man go ever get sense? All this coonery. See as dem rush to go greet white Prince. I wonder if any of them goes to visit the UK if all the dukes and princes will gather to greet them. SMH angry
Khiaa

I'm not surprised at all. undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 07, 2018
khiaa:

You are an idiot and you should do some research before you type your ignorance. In the United States, there are more whites on food stamps and welfare, in the U.S. Whites commit more crimes than anyone, in the U.S. There are more white drug addicts than any other race. undecided
yeah whatever, now get lost. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by itsene: 6:40am On Nov 07, 2018
The rulers are there courtesy of Buhari and sitting arrangement is also courtesy of the president.
It's bad form for a visitor to indicate his/her preferred chair..
Jealousy and ethnic competition is a Nigerian problem.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by khiaa(f): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2018
SilentListener:
yeah whatever, now get lost. grin

Don't post to me again, just concentrate on finding a drug that will boost your sorry sexual performance, loser. undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2018
khiaa:

Don't post to me again, just concentrate on finding a drug that will boost your sorry sexual performance, loser. undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by phabulux: 6:50am On Nov 07, 2018
khiaa:

Wait, he don fffuuckkk you before? What's this fetish about his sexual performance?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:52am On Nov 07, 2018
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Darkseid(m): 6:54am On Nov 07, 2018
JuanDeDios:

This is nonsense. Why do you think the people that made the art works do not appreciate them? Those things were not junk when the British looted them; they were well kept in the Oba's Palace. We are not against the export of art, but they should be properly negotiated and paid for, not stolen.
They were not junk then but how about now. Ask yourself, when was the last time you went to a museum or do you even know anyone that has gone to a museum before to see art, I know I haven't. The few museums that we have here are all turning to rot.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Jaqenhghar: 6:54am On Nov 07, 2018
khiaa:

I'm not surprised at all. undecided
LOL. How is your elections going?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by KunmiRoxitaLTD: 6:56am On Nov 07, 2018
When the artifacts hear say they won come back to Nigeria, Omo na for them to disappear ni o.
Even them self dey enjoy UK , good light, good environment, good treatment. Who tell you say the gods self no like enjoyment? Return KO , return ni

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2018
phabulux:

Wait, he don fffuuckkk you before? What's this fetish about his sexual performance?
broda help.me ask her oooo grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Martin0(m): 7:01am On Nov 07, 2018
ihatebuhari:
God bless my state Edo.

Thou I hate that shitthhole called Nigeria but am so glad my Edo mum did secure a better life for us here

hahahahgringringrin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by JuanDeDios: 7:05am On Nov 07, 2018
Darkseid:
They were not junk then but how about now. Ask yourself, when was the last time you went to a museum or do you even know anyone that has gone to a museum before to see art, I know I haven't. The few museums that we have here are all turning to rot.
Your assessment of the level of appreciation of art among Nigerians is accurate. But in the end you make an argument similar to the one being made by some white South Africans today that at the time they stole land and restricted black people to a small fraction of the country the land was mostly lying fallow. The fact is that those who owned the art works kept and care for them in the palace. They had no books - those artworks contained their history and folkways. Then they were stolen. This is why they must be returned. It does not matter that the generality of Nigerians don't appreciate art. The Binis certainly do. The British are welcome to buy our artworks if they want but what was stolen ought to be returned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by ednut1(m): 7:11am On Nov 07, 2018
anselm791:

or maybe there's power in that name Jesus.
jesus is not even the real name. And moresore jesus did not support wars or voilence
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Tonytonex(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2018
Was he the one that took them?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2018
If not that the British took away those things, they wouldn't have survived till today. One hungry pastor for don burn am in the name of community deliverance.

Abeg Prince Charles, hold it till we get sense.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Hoodbilonia: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2018
check ebay
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by StellarJo(m): 7:37am On Nov 07, 2018
fishmillan:
Wailers will not talk now... This is another achievement under Buhari regime .... Prince Charles welcome to Nigeria ....Sai Buhari 2023
Mugun!
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Topmaike007(m): 7:40am On Nov 07, 2018
mysteryman2014:

Ori Olokun is sitting pretty in a British Museum, I saw it the last time I visited grin grin grin
those oyinbo Dem be thives
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by kabillionaire(m): 7:40am On Nov 07, 2018
where's the tor-tiv in that pic? everything with this country under " u know who I mean" is lopsided.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Born2Breed(f): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2018
For those saying the artefacts are better off where they are, my prayer for you this morning is May your precious property be stolen and you will pay to see it.

Those assuming it will rot away here or be stolen. There are more artefacts that were not stolen by the British and older than the ones stolen that are still in the palace and other places. They are all intact.

Oba gha to'kpere!!!
Ma gha to'maghi vbe kpe!!!
N'Edo gha ma!!!
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Born2Breed(f): 7:47am On Nov 07, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Your assessment of the level of appreciation of art among Nigerians is accurate. But in the end you make an argument similar to the one being made by some white South Africans today that at the time they stole land and restricted black people to a small fraction of the country the land was mostly lying fallow. The fact is that those who owned the art works kept and care for them in the palace. They had no books - those artworks contained their history and folkways. Then they were stolen. This is why they must be returned. It does not matter that the generality of Nigerians don't appreciate art. The Binis certainly do. The British are welcome to buy our artworks if they want but what was stolen ought to be returned.

May you continue to increase in wisdom.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by IkpuMmadu: 8:13am On Nov 07, 2018
yeyeboi:
Well Said Oba , May Your Kingdom Reign

And they tucked him for one corner
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by khiaa(f): 8:43am On Nov 07, 2018
phabulux:

Heck no. He created a topic begging for someone to recommend a drug that would boost his sorry sexual performance, you know like that song by TLC (get it up). grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by jeromzy(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2018
go and talk on his behalf
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by khiaa(f): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

LOL. How is your elections going?

Well, we have Demos in the house now. Trumps has got to get the hell out. Hey, have you been watching the news about the thousands of
Immigrants coming to America illegally all at once? The scary part is, I live in California which shares a borderline with Mexico. Mexico tried to keep them from entering but they tore down the gate and threw rocks at the Mexican police officers so they gave up and let them in. Trump has sent the military to guard the borders in California, Arizona, and Texas. He said if the immigrants throw rocks at the soldiers they will shoot them. Speaking about the shooting, I heard about the Nigerian Army killing 45 Muslim for protesting and they got the idea from Trump saying shoot them. Trump's re-tarded azz has got to go.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Jaqenhghar: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2018
khiaa:

Well, we have Demos in the house now. Trumps has got to get the hell out. Hey, have you been watching the news about the thousands of
Immigrants coming to America illegally all at once? The scary part is, I live in California which shares a borderline with Mexico. Mexico tried to keep them from entering but they tore down the gate and threw rocks at the Mexican police officers so they gave up and let them in. Trump has sent the military to guard the borders in California, Arizona, and Texas. He said if the immigrants throw rocks at the soldiers they will shoot them. Speaking about the shooting, I heard about the Nigerian Army killing 45 Muslim for protesting and they got the idea from Trump saying shoot them. Trump's retarded azz has got to go.
Where do I start from undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Cheeryfeet: 9:09am On Nov 07, 2018
Patrioticman007:
That British empire should return your artifacts and the Religion of your ancestors, not the fake religion they used in colonizing and abducting your ancestors to serve as slaves in sugar & Banana plantations, in New world. "" when they came they told us to close ours eyes and pray, which we did, when we opened our eyes our lands where gone but they left us with their book called Bible "" keani materyu. 1823. This why I don't blame yahoo boys, if they defraud oyinbo slave masters, na return leg, naija dey play them.

Na return let we dey, wetin be scores abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Flaunts Cash Before Buying New Car,Crashes It In A Building A Day After.PICS / Death Of A Dream : The Crash Of Air France Concorde Flight 4590 / An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.