Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For (31881 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Man Shares The Strict Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Once Applied For / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

na only you get sense for here, all of them just dey comment rubbish. they are not thinking long term

Do not mind them, most of them have never hired anyone and have no knowledge of what it feels like to be responsible for someone's livelihood. He who pays the piper dictates the tunes that the piper should play.

Most of them do not know that it is not just about the phone, it is about the mindset of someone who refuse to invest on his brains, but squanders on liabilities. No firm needs such a weak link in the chain of the organisational structure.

3 Likes

Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2018
Just legudu.
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by senator3636(m): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2018
The recruiter is such a poor man......

1 Like

Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by Acidosis(m): 11:29am On Nov 08, 2018
TimeMachine:

Thanks for your silly response, but I must emphasize that it is not about the money, it is about the mind set of the team you are hiring, and getting priorities right. Any applicant who hasnt got his/her acts together will require further re-training on the basics of expense management. And few businesses have time for that. It bothers businesses if a staff lives above his minds, cos almost always, it leads to pilfering.

I must ignore your tantrum, it could be that you are bothered by something else and you are in search of an avenue to vent your frustration.

I turn down applicants who mention words like "By the Grace of God", needless to emphasize how wrong it is for an applicant to walk into an office holding exorbitant gadgets yet has no certifications, but uses his resources the fund liability for self aggrandisement.

I personally use 2 little Nokia and one android which I basically keep aside to sync corporate mails. When you start running a worthwhile enterprise, you will understand that it is about the state of mind of the team and not really the gadgets in question.

Getting priorities right is an essential barometer to valuate the mind behind the machine.

In one of your recent posts, you claimed you pay girls N100k as salary and gift them iPhones.

Can you confirm the above?
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by mimicue(f): 11:29am On Nov 08, 2018
JUST BECAUSE THE PERSON WAS JOBLESS DOESN'T MEAN HE WAS BROKE, THIS IS TECHNOLOGY ERA AND PEOPLE USE EXPENSIVE PHONE .
THE INTERVIEWER IS NOT A SERIOUS PERSON NA THEIR TYPE NO GO WAN SEE PERSON SUCCEED , IF U BUY NEW CAR U WONT BE ABLE TO BRING IT TO WORK, MTCHEWW

2 Likes

Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by akanbiaa(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2018
Amakavula:
One Mr Okeke reported an incident in his company on Twitter recently. On why a highly q individual was denied a dream opportunity.

I find quite Funny but do you agree with the recruiter's decision. I feel the dude definitely find value in his phone, so the recruiter can't just assume that trash. What do you think?

https://mobile.twitter.com/okekecc/status/1060150015946047488
Phones can serve as research tools and alternative to Laptop and also a tool for reading,he should have kept his phones in his pocket or bag ,no need flaunting it to interview panel members that use phone lesser than his.
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
Acidosis:

In one of your recent posts, you claimed you pay girls N100k as salary and gift them iPhones.

Can you confirm the above?

I strongly believe that 100K per month is okay as an allowance for a girlfriend. I can afford to pay more, but it is not to make a lady depend on sexual gratification and random acts of kindness as a means of survival, so 100K is just good enough as monthly stipend, and I do buy phones of their desires for them and offer gifts worth more than their allowances if I feel they deserve more, but I ensure that monthly allowance is fixed bargain. I have as a bonus given a couple of my girlfriends car gifts in the past too.

So what was the point to these question ? Business and Pleasure are mutually exclusive.
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by generationz(f): 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2018
mimicue:
JUST BECAUSE THE PERSON WAS JOBLESS DOESN'T MEAN HE WAS BROKE, THIS IS TECHNOLOGY ERA AND PEOPLE USE EXPENSIVE PHONE .
THE INTERVIEWER IS NOT A SERIOUS PERSON NA THEIR TYPE NO GO WAN SEE PERSON SUCCEED , IF U BUY NEW CAR U WONT BE ABLE TO BRING IT TO WORK, MTCHEWW

stop typing in capital letters

It means you are shouting

In case you don't know , this is one of the things recruiters can't stand.

First impression is important
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by abumeinben(m): 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
I don't even understand you people mind you for him to have been interviewed he must Have the basic requirements which the company wanted so what else if he has sold his phone to attend classes will that guarantee him getting the job? will they Increase his pay
Remember any company that employs u dont like u it just want to use u to achieving its aim with this mindset u da boss

Anything can drop you out of recruitment. A silly recruiter once denied me just because I didn't remember the name of one of the panelists....very sour dude I must say.
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by tunary(m): 6:18am On Nov 09, 2018
nho4:
The recruiter was only looking for an avenue to deny the applicant of the job.

Ability to add value to a firm is not hinged on the number of certification but rather your practical capabilities.

Certificate is nothing, but is so unfortunate that we place so much value on it here.

Practical knowledge is the driving force behind innovation.

Amazing You are always on point bro you are just too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by 2buffagain(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
Amakavula:
One Mr Okeke reported an incident in his company on Twitter recently. On why a highly q individual was denied a dream opportunity.

I find quite Funny but do you agree with the recruiter's decision. I feel the dude definitely find value in his phone, so the recruiter can't just assume that trash. What do you think?

https://mobile.twitter.com/okekecc/status/1060150015946047488

In a more civilized country, that firm would have been sued for prejudice.
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Trash bro, trash , spell it right or go and get your self a certificate as well..
Teacher1776:
Thrash
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by luluosas(m): 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
No matter how much you upgrade, the certificate-less will keep getting job which they are very comfortable with, while you with 10 certificates will still end up roaming the streets looking for the job that will suit your certificate

oghenerobo91:
As funny as its seems, I see the point of the interviewer. If the applicant presents an MSc, there would probably be no comment of that sort.
Nigeria is getting to the point where first degree won't have much value because a significant part of our population holds first degree. It's important we upgrade ourselves
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by luluosas(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
If you ask me, I will tell you that those things are wasted efforts, and you will realize it some day in your life time. Be prudent with your resources even if you are plucking them from the trees. Take note.

I strongly believe that 100K per month is okay as an allowance for a girlfriend. I can afford to pay more, but it is not to make a lady depend on sexual gratification and random acts of kindness as a means of survival, so 100K is just good enough as monthly stipend, and I do buy phones of their desires for them and offer gifts worth more than their allowances if I feel they deserve more, but I ensure that monthly allowance is fixed bargain. I have as a bonus given a couple of my girlfriends car gifts in the past too.

So what was the point to these question ? Business and Pleasure are mutually exclusive.
Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by fairy88: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2019
Seriously, I don't see any wrong there.

He might be a rich boy who wants to get busy, those phones might be gift from his rich friends, he has the money to get more certificate but he doesn't want to.

Getting certificate is not a do or die thing, I tell you a lot of ssce holder are doing fine than some of our graduates, traveling up and down, while the graduates one, example me, still going around looking for job.

See eh, if a job is for you, it's for you, I have gone for an interview in one oil firm like that, they said they needed a decent front desk person, behold this lady with blonde weave, chain on her leg, iPhone and Apple laptop on her lap while been interviewed was given this particular job... imagine. and we have sweet decent ladies with experience but was not taken.

If a job is for you is for you, there is no excuse about it. Abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
luluosas:
No matter how much you upgrade, the certificate-less will keep getting job which they are very comfortable with, while you with 10 certificates will still end up roaming the streets looking for the job that will suit your certificate

U r not far from the truth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life / 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask / Nigerian Navy 2017 Massive Recruitment (35 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.