Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss (1163 Views)

Menopause @ 19??? / I Can't Wait To Reach Menopause / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss by msherida: 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2010
I WENT THROUGH THE MENOPAUSE ( PRIMARY OVARIAN FAILURE) WHEN I WAS 27 YEARS OLD , I WAS NOT GIVEN PROPER DIAGNOSIS UNTIL I WAS AROUND 35 YEARS WHEN I CAME ABROAD TO LIVE AND HAVING TRIED TO CONCEIVE FOR OVER 10 YEARS, I AM QUITE LUCKY THAT I HAD A CHILD WHILE IN THE UNIVERSITY, THOUGH I DID NOT GET TOGETHER WITH THE FATHER OF MY CHILD, I EVENTUALLY GOT MARRIED NOT KNOWING I HAD GONE THROUGH THE MENOPAUSE, I AM COPING WELL WITH THE SYMPTOMS AND ALTHOUGH I DID NOT GO ON THE HRT( HORMONAL REPLACEMENT THERAPY) COS OF THE RISK ASSOSIAATED WITH BREAST CANCER, I DO USE NATURE PRODUCTS AND MONITOR MY DIET.

I DO JOIN A SUPPORT GROUP FOR WOMEN WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH PREMATURE MENOPAUSE AND I DO GET LOTS OF INFORMATION AND SUPPORT FROM THIS GROUP, WHICH MAKES ME FEEL MUCH BETTER THAT I AM NOT ALONE.

HAVE ANYONE GONE THROUGH SUCH, DO YOU TAKE ANY MEDICINES, OR OTHER SUPPLEMENTS , HOW DO YOU COPE WITH SYMPTOMSA AS WELL.

LETS MEET HERE AND SHARE EXPERIENCES AND SUPPORT ON E ANOTHER

1 Like

Re: If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss by NiaLong(f): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2010
My dear i am in my early thirties and single and u write up gave me quite a scare and strenght all at the same time . What are the symptoms? Is d situation reversible? I hope wateva course of treatment u are using works for u . Take care my thots are with u

1 Like

Re: If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss by Sissy3(f): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2010
but can you only write in small cases, cause youre shouting too much with all those CAPS and that makes hard to read
Re: If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss by Manofsteel(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2010
Im not female, but i know premature menopause is a lot like testicular atrophy for which also there seems to be no definitive cure.
However poster, you do know you have an option of cyclical hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Some women have been known to get pregnant while on cyclical HRT.
Its not a completely hopless situation.
Re: If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss by msherida: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2010
@ nialong, thanx for your words, yes i do think women needs to really pay attention to their body, note any changes and seek medical advice as soon as possible, mine started when i was about 25years but i did not pay much attention, till when i was 27yrs old, i started missing a period or 2 and once i thought i was pregnant, but it will come back after a while, i went to see the doctor, did hormonal profile, my doctor said i had hormonal inbalance and put me on tablets which i took for over 3years to regulate and maybe fall pregnant, nothing, i later moved abroad and saw doctors here, after tests , i was told i am post menopausal, that i have gone through the menopause long ago,

the major symptoms i suffer from are 1, the loss of period, headaches, hot flushes, intimacy with my husband is a no go area, its absolutely painfull. my husband has really been understanding in that area, mood swings, but now its getting a lot better, as i have taken control of my health, my diet.

the cyclical hormonal replacement therapy did not work for me, and i am not on any medication, but i may go back on some form of hormonal patches to prevent bone density loss
Re: If You Have Gone Through Premature Menopause, Lets Meet Here And Discuss by VENUSS(f): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2010
can you

(1) (Reply)

Memory And Concentration Tips / “chew Tobacco Leaves And Drink Honey”:ghanaian Imam Offers ‘solution’ To Ebola / Water Or Toilet Roll: Which Do You Use To Clean Up After Defecating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.