Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG (1139 Views)

FG Approves $2 Billion For First Phase Of $4.6 Billion Ibom Deep Seaport / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport / Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by Blue3k2: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2018
The Akwa Ibom State Government has hinted that the ground-breaking for the commencement of the construction of Ibom Deep Seaport will hold by the end of November this year.

Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Housing and Special Duties, Mr. Akan Okon, who gave the hint during a dinner with journalists, said the seaport would be viable and an alternative to Lagos port, and that its draft was two times the size of Lagos seaport.

Okon, who assured that the Ibom Deep Seaport project, was on course and would soon be a reality for the good of the state and the country at large, stated that it was being jointly financed and promoted by Akwa Ibom State Government and the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Transportation.

He explained that the project was being engineered  by the Ministerial Project Development Steering Committee, MPDSC, set up by the Federal Ministry of Transportation, and consists of the ministry representatives, Nigerian Port Authority, ICRC, the programme manager, ICPC and EFCC, members of the technical committee and the state government.

According to him, “With the level that we have reached and the timetable that we have, by the end of November 2018, God willing, there should be a groundbreaking. So, Ibom Deep Seaport is a reality for the good of Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria.

“Let me also make this clear. Almost all the bidders that were shortlisted have visited the site of the project. They have done their studies and I can tell you that from their designs, they have a minimum of 16.5 metres draft at the original location of the project, which is Ibaka.

“This is the best for modern vessels as against Lagos port that has 8 metres draft. So, our draft is an attraction for many shipping lines because modern vessels can come directly to the port and discharge. Our seaport is very viable and it is the best alternative for the Lagos port.”

Source: http://sweetcrudereports.com/2018/10/10/ibom-deep-seaport-groundbreaking-to-hold-in-november-aksg/
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by bantudra: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: http://sweetcrudereports.com/2018/10/10/ibom-deep-seaport-groundbreaking-to-hold-in-november-aksg/

lagos is getting too crowded...we have to spread people away from the city....

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by bantudra: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2018
chai...now i have 4 smartphones...this chinese people no well atall atall...they are just bombardin us with cheap products...
and the quality is not even that bad sef.... undecided undecided...i dont know what to do with so many phones.... undecided undecided
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by obongitiad(m): 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
This sounds like good news. I hope they don't play politics with this one sha.
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
Why did they involve the useless Federal Government ? Because of Federal Customs monitors ? I wish it was just the State Government and a Private Consortium.
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by kettykin: 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2018
Abia state government should start the ohambele river port that will move cargo to and from ibom deep sea port using flat bottom cargo ship and trawlers. Ship building repairs should commence too and offshore fishing business .

The akwa ibom port will be a game changer for Africa. Aba can now export for the world.
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2018
kettykin:
Abia state government should start the ohambele river port that will move cargo to and from ibom deep sea port using flat bottom cargo ship and trawlers. Ship building repairs should commence too and offshore fishing business .

The akwa ibom port will be a game changer for Africa. Aba can now export for the world.

Lol na the lazy fat troll for abia state u deh give this huge task?

Abeg no worry our orobo governor

Make en pay backlog of salaries first

Na 1 before 2

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by greatdreamer(m): 5:25am On Nov 08, 2018
Ibaka seaport has a capacity to close down some seaports in Lagos. Some people will not be happy over this, but I'm happy that Ibaka is my place, Governor Udom is my governor and Akwa Ibom is my State.
God bless Akwa Ibom and all her admires

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by Blue3k2: 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
Can't wait to see which chinese company get to build port. Anyway this will big boast to the state economy. This along with Industrial city great combo. The port should have standard rail that goes north south like lagos in future. The superhighway states build is good in meantime.
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by Blue3k2: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2018
Update: Bollore, Powerchina Consortium Preferred Bidder For Ibom Deep Seaport Project

Port information: 
• channel depth (18.24m)
• turning basin and berth depth (16.72m)
• quay length of about 7.5 km upon completion
• integrated within the Ibom Industrial City (IIC) – a Free Trade Zone
• Operations is expected to commence in 2021
Re: Ibom Deep Seaport Groundbreaking To Hold In November – AKSG by Splashme: 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
I admire Udom.
Akwa Ibom State is always blessed with great governors

(1) (Reply)

The Dirty Deals Of Colonel Alli In Nigeria Customs. / Imo APC Crisis: Uche Nwosu, Okorocha Loses As Court Nullifies Guber Primaries / ‘ We Didn’t Grant Atiku Any Visa — US Releases Official Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.