Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) (54007 Views)

Traders Caught Reducing Quantity Of Rice Bags, Nigerians React(video) / A Man Committed Suicide By Drinking Sniper Insecticide In Is Car / Traders Caught Red Handed Defrauding A Customer In Broad Daylight In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
they re trying to kill weevils and southerners. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by iukpe: 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
Eat your beans, don't worry about a thing. Now we know that sniper tea is safe.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by malel1: 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Like i said you are just an ignorant southerner who doesn't know how the world works and thinks he is smart just because he watch some Oyibo on TV. Even them use dichlovors(Sniper as we call it) for preservation of their cereals, The dosage is what matters and they have even lift the ban on our beans exportation because we have finally reach an acceptable dosage of your killer sniper. But here you are forming smart and intelligent and you don't even know any of your so called safer alternatives. Last last you go still buy beans wey them use dichlovors preserve unless you no wan chop beans again or even other cereals. I am sure it's your type that thinks Yam grows on trees.

I won't waste precious time educating you again, That's not my job.

Oga what are u talking , na aboki sabi wetin be dosage ?
One other guy dey talk if u boil am the water will break the chemical compound, Am sure tha guy got an f9 in his chemistry class
Seriously we are living in a craze country .
I don't think beans will enter my mouth again
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by GenFunction: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
which kind problem be dis?...all jus for money,we tell u say we swallow mosquito or ant?...chiiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by GenFunction: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2018
sevo:
Thats for storage. To prevent weevils from eating it.
.....calling u a mumu,is an insult to mumu's

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by inereunwa1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
[quote author=Idrismusty97 post=72790186] Like i said you are just an ignorant southerner who doesn't know how the world works and thinks he is smart just because he watch some Oyibo on TV. Even them use dichlovors(Sniper as we call it) for preservation of their cereals, The dosage is what matters and they have even lift the ban on our beans exportation because we have finally reach an acceptable dosage of your killer sniper. But here you are forming smart and intelligent and you don't even know any of your so called safer alternatives. Last last you go still buy beans wey them use dichlovors preserve unless you no wan chop beans again or even other cereals. I am sure it's your type that thinks Yam grows on trees.

I won't waste precious time educating you again, That's not my job.[ educate who first go and educate yourself before thinking about educating someone else

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by malel1: 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
doctokwus:

Do u know what is boiling?
Do u eat beans raw?
Do u know y foods have to be cooked and warm before eating?
I bet those hands u used in typing this rubbish are far dirtier than d feet d people used on stepping on d food.
Go sit ur a rse down somewhere because u ain't got a clue what u typing

Oga close ur mouth , what of moi moi and Akara , are they not by product of beans ?
Ur Akara does it stay up to 4mintues in the fire? What is wrong is wrong preserving bean with sniper is so wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by omakay(m): 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2018
All i have being reading here are insults upon insults.

No alternatives!!!!

Okay!!! i have seen one.

Per-boil your beans and dispose of the first water before cooking finally.

This first hot water should reduce if not clear off whatever 'sniper' is inside the beans.

3 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sevo(m): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
GenFunction:
.....calling u a mumu,is an insult to mumu's
You thought the beans your mama Cook give you chop last night nah straight from farm Ode, your brain must be full with black oil and

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sekembaakesan(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2018
They must be Igbos that have stayed long in the north..

Remember that Igbos can do anything for money....

Igbo amaka

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by goaldynman(m): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
[s]It's meant for preservation. Sniper is only dangerous when used raw but more of a preservative agent when diluted.
The trader is doing the right thing by preserving those beans with a diluted sniper.
The poisonous substances will evacuate the beans immediately when cooked due to the pressure exerted by the boiling point of the water. Hence, returning the beans to its normal state and then ready for human consumption.
If a less educated trader can know all these, imagine what she'll do if she's more enlightened. We have to step up our game in science and education[/s].
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by kanayo76: 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
It's meant for preservation. Sniper is only dangerous when used raw but more of a preservative agent when diluted.
The trader is doing the right thing by preserving those beans with a diluted sniper.
The poisonous substances will evacuate the beans immediately when cooked due to the pressure exerted by the boiling point of the water. Hence, returning the beans to its normal state and then ready for human consumption.
If a less educated trader can know all these, imagine what she'll do if she's more enlightened. We have to step up our game in science and education.
True talk, I remember when my mother used to sell mangala fish, it always go through the same prosscess of adding ota piapia, to avouid been invaded by ants. the only advise I have for people is to make sure they parboiled those items.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sweetilicious(f): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
It's meant for preservation. Sniper is only dangerous when used raw but more of a preservative agent when diluted.
If a less educated trader can know all these, imagine what she'll do if she's more enlightened. We have to step up our game in science and education.
This is exactly why Europeans rejected our food.Stop supporting nonsense for human consumption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Babayoutoomuch(f): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
yvelchstores:
I change my water when cooking beans like 3 times because it even reduces the gas effect after consumption.

Thanks so much for this info. At least with this, you reduce d concentration of d insecticide in d beans to be consumed.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Babayoutoomuch(f): 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
Where is nafdac in all these for heavens sake?

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by somehow: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ignorant comment. They rejected your beans because the insecticide dosage was too much. Now that the standard dosage is being used, ban has been lifted.
Get informed!
sweetilicious:
This is exactly why Europeans rejected our food.Stop supporting nonsense for human consumption.

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sweetilicious(f): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
ovieokodhi:
Its a way of preserving it from insects and they don't do it with beans alone even with dried fish they bring from borno, they dilute the sniper with water and spray on the fish to keep insect always else before it get to the west or south that's another story.
Moreover I think whenever poison is heated it loses it Powers.
It could still have it's diverse effect to the health of consumers

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sweetilicious(f): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2018
ovieokodhi:
Its a way of preserving it from insects and they don't do it with beans alone even with dried fish they bring from borno, they dilute the sniper with water and spray on the fish to keep insect always else before it get to the west or south that's another story.
It could still have it's diverse effect to the health of consumers .
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sweetilicious(f): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2018
ovieokodhi:
It could still have it's diverse effect to the health of consumers.

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by nextstep(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

This is a reasonable argument, but there's a slight flaw: the sniper won't "evacuate" the beans. Unlike the water that will rise and evaporate, remaining chemical ingredients will remain in the beans stew. That's why stew gets thicker when you cook it longer: water evaporates but the tomato and other seasonings stay. It's a dangerous thing to use insecticide for instead of the proper preservative for human consumption.

Diluted sniper will not kill a person today, but accumulate enough of it in your system and it can shorten life expectancy.

4 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Niorte: 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Are you serious
Are you sure it was diluted? Are you also aware that such pesticides is heavily regulated? Are you aware that such pesticides should never come in direct contact with food. Stop spreading false information.

No thanks to NAFDAC for allowing different unscrupulous people to handle food substance.

THIS IS THE MAIN REASON THE UK BANNED OUR BEANS

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by farady(m): 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2018
nextstep:

This is a reasonable argument, but there's a slight flaw: the sniper won't "evacuate" the beans. Unlike the water that will rise and evaporate, remaining chemical ingredients will remain in the beans stew. That's why stew gets thicker when you cook it longer: water evaporates but the tomato and other seasonings stay. It's a dangerous thing to use insecticide for instead of the proper preservative for human consumption.

Diluted sniper will not kill a person today, but accumulate enough of it in your system and it can shorten life expectancy.

The insult for this thread na wa.

The sniper is basically being used by those guys for preservation. The trader is preserving those beans with a diluted sniper. Note that the active ingredient in that Sniper is a compound called dichlorvos
Two years ago, the European Union (EU) banned Nigerian beans because of the high level of dichlorvos pesticide residue at 0.3, which was beyond the 0.1 acceptable limit in the beans. The issue here is we don’t know if the level of concentration is within the 0.1 limit.
Other chemicals like Chlorpyrifos, Cyhalothrin, Dimathoate, Trichlorphon, Omethoate and so on were also discovered in high, unacceptable levels in dried beans for export.
These pesticides were either applied in the farm during cultivation or at storage to preserve the beans from weevils.
To tackle this problem, the Purdue Improved Crop Storage (PICS) system was developed by Larry L. Murdock, professor of Entomology at Purdue University, USA and scientists in Cameroon in a research funded by a USAID and the university’s International Programs in Agriculture.
The PICS consists of two high-density polyethylene plastic bags, and an outer sack of nylon that protects them. It can store grains safely for eight to 12 months without the produce being damaged by insects.
To make the technology available to farmers in Nigeria, a company based in Kano State has been given the license to produce the bags for farmers and merchants for grains and beans storage.
The system reduces the amount of damage the weevils inflict upon stored beans and other grains.

3 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by lereinter(m): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
"social media news"

how's grains preserved

op come seed section of iart and learn
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by chiteny(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2018
sevo:

If you don't know something, the best thing is to ask.. Have you heard of DD force, Executor, Crush, Phostoxin tablets...all these are insecticides used for storing grain..same with sniper...
You think by insulting someone on something you clearly know nothing about is right,then I feel sorry for you. Your papa for just leave you inside that #50 condom wey him buy when him wan straff your mama...

I will not insult your parents as they are not the ones that typed for you.

DD force, Executor, Crush, Phostoxin tablets are used based on what regulations? How are they meant to be used? Are they supposed to be used directly on food to be consumed by the public? Do you have any idea the effect of these chemicals on the consumers?

These and many more questions should be asked (and answered) before vomiting your illiteracy here. These are the reason why most of our foods find it difficult to be exported to countries with proper regulations on foods.

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by enemyofprogress: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2018
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Datdeltagirl(f): 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by meobizy(f): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Majority of the posters in this forum passed through the school system but didn't let education pass through them.
Immediately I saw the title I knew weevils were a reason for the action.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by sevo(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2018
chiteny:

I will not insult your parents as they are not the ones that types for you.

DD force, Executor, Crush, Phostoxin tablets are used based on what regulations? How are they meant to be used? Are they supposed to be used directly on food to be consumed by the public? Do you have any idea the effect of these chemicals on the consumers?

These and many more questions should be asked (and answered) before vomiting your illiteracy here. These are the reason why most of our foods find it difficult to be exported to countries with proper regulations on foods.

See you dey form saint when nah you first throw the insult punch.. Nah now you ask a sensible question? Let me school you a little bit...

1. On how they are meant to use...personally I prefer using the phostoxin tablets to the liquid ones I.e the snipers, ddforce, executors. This is because the tablets will be wrapped inside a piece of cloth or nylon and placed inside the sack. Anytime you want to consume or sell the grain, you can remove the tablets and sell or eat your grain.

2. There is a specific measurements required when applying the liquid insecticides. And don't be fooled in thinking these local farmers don't know how to measure it...because they do. You could use the cap in measuring it and then add the right amount of water..depending on the calibration of your machine. 15ltrs, 16litrs or 20ltrs.

3. Once you've applied the liquid insecticides, you dry the grains and now bag it for at least 3 to 6 months before bringing it for sale or consumption. This is why I prefer the tablets over the liquid insecticides.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by jaafree: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
If a less educated trader can know all these, imagine what she'll do if she's more enlightened. We have to stp up our game in science and education.
. God bless your parent for this. I know of this strategy for long, but you know some people can't afford to be in science class
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by faithfavour: 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
I have seen some insecticides tied in wraps inside the bag of beans to preserve it without contamination to the beans.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

A group of traders were recently videos mixing a highly poisonous insecticide called 'Sniper' with raw beans meant for sale.

PoliticsNGR gathered that the traders were seen packaging the poisoned beans for sale to other parts of the country or export. Eyewitness, Debola Akingbade wrote;

"Plz. Stop eating beans or if u must eat beans,make sure u per-boiled it very well and dispose the water. I went to market on Sunday morning and could not believe what my eyes saw. Hausa boys were mixing sniper with beans a chemical that is very high in acidic concentration and capable of killing anything that comes in contact with it. Whether human or insect. Plz send this post to ur love ones until all Nigerians are aware of this. Save a soul by sharing this post."

Watch the Video HERE

https://politicsngr.com/traders-caught-mixing-sniper-insecticide-beans-photos/

ewa mostly Yoruba food
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Asour: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I pity anybody still eating beans in Nigeria, this is wear 90 percent of the kidney failures in Nigeria come from ... this is a proof of the 65 average IQ in this country

Isn't this IQ theory mostly junk science?
Carol Dweck mindset theory actually exposes the limitations of 'IQ' concept.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Outrage As Police Officers Manhandle A Black Woman In US (Photos) / Graphic Photos From The Aluu Killing - Viewer Discretion Is Advised / Ex-Banker Forces His 9-Year-Old House Maid To Have MouthAction With Him In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.