Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Prince Charles Speaks Pidgin In Lagos (photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Charles Speaks Pidgin In Lagos (photos) (488 Views)

Prince Charles Pays Tribute To Mother, Becomes King / Prince Charles Responds To Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's Interview / Prince Charles Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prince Charles Speaks Pidgin In Lagos (photos) by Lifewithcuttons: 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2018

The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, arrived Lagos yesterday for an official visit.

He was received by the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Mrs. Idiat Adebule, officials of the United Kingdom Consulate and security chiefs.

His visit to Lagos is in continuation of his three-day business and cultural tour of Nigeria and also to mark the 75th Anniversary of the British Council in Nigeria.

The prince didn’t just grace the former heads of state, presidential candidates, leading politicians, and stars from the world of fashion, music and the arts with his presence but he also showed them how good he is in speaking pidgin.

At the British Deputy High Commissioner’s residence, he said “How una dey” which means ‘how are you doing’ and also said he was pleased to be back in “Lasgidi” (Lagos). He said:

"I find it hard to believe that nearly 30 years have passed since I first came to this city.

As they say, ‘God don butta my bread’ (God has blessed me).

If life dey show you pepper, make pepper soup."
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2018/11/08/prince-charles-speaks-pidgin-in-lagos-photos/

Re: Prince Charles Speaks Pidgin In Lagos (photos) by Lifewithcuttons: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Newly Elected Muslim Congresswomen Ridicules VP Pence's Christian Faith / 2019 Will Be ”complicated But…. ”- Donald Trump / Countries With A Declining Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.