Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class (10727 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! / 46 Medical Nigerian Students Graduate From Howard University, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by axcer: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2018
Forty-one students of Lead City University, Ibadan, bagged first class honours at the university’s convocation held on Thursday.

Tribune staffs, Mrs Oyin Olatunji, Mr Wole Efunnuga and Mr Wale Ojo-Lanre were among the total of 838 graduates, which comprised 768
undergraduates and 70 postgraduate students.

As disclosed by Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Kabiru Adeyemo, Ogunsanya Oluwatomisin of the Department of Psychology, with
a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 4.96 and Azeez Raheem, of the department of Accounting, with a CGPA of 4.86 emerged best graduating students.

Further, in his address, Adeyemo tasked the graduates to shun corruption, nepotism, fraud and other vices but be hardworking, charitable and render selfless service to humanity.

He especially urged them to portray the values of self-reliance, honesty, excellence, self-competence, and self-dependence.

The roll call of academics included Chancellor of the university, Professor Gabriel Ogunmola; Chairman, Governing Council, Professor Jide Owoeye; and Chairman, Board of Trustees, Emeritus Professor J. B. Aladekomo.

Meanwhile, the event also saw Chief of Staff to the Delta State Governor, Mr Tam Brisibe receive the university’s honorary doctorate degree of Science (Governance and Public Administration).

Brisibe, who delivered the convocation’s keynote address, urged Nigerians to shun their typical knack to point out the ills in the society, but see themselves as part of the problem and solution.

He decried the loyalty of many Nigerians to their ethnic group and religion, calling on Nigerians to consider the interests of the nation first before their ethnic or religious leanings.

To the graduating students, Brisibe called for perseverance amid the vicissitudes of the society that they were bound to face.

He, therefore, urged them not to be discouraged but be resolved to commit themselves to the development of the nation.

BY GISTMORE - https://gistmore.com/41-lead-city-students-graduate-first-class

1 Like

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by axcer: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2018
sad
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Techcribsblog(m): 5:53am On Nov 09, 2018
Streaming or downloading: which is more brilliant.
See here>>
http://techcribs.com.ng/streaming-or-downloading-which-consume-data-the-most/
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS.

This is just the beginning.

Go and excel.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by confusedGuy(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2018
carry 90% of those student to Uniben or UI or even Uniport na 3rd class dem go graduate with grin grin grin

quote me and die grin

PS

for all those people quoting me...E pain una grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2018
Congratulations cheesycheesy
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by sunnysnow: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2018
Hmm
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by FindX(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2018
Nice one. Education isn't supposed to cheap.

You can't be paying #20000 per session and be expecting first class at the end of the day.

That's why in advanced countries, students take loan to in other to complete thier education.

1 Like

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by ciopnigeria: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2018
Smh first class Don suffer
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Ibcrown(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2018
Those first class students are third class students in udus

3 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by cooldipo(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2018
Plenty
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2018
The caption should be 41students successfully bought their first class certificate @ lcu

3 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by mendii(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2018
check their disicpline

you'll see courses like PHE,EXCERCISE and some other useless courses

please also note that first class aint the perequisite of beign successful in life

2 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by qanda: 7:55am On Nov 09, 2018
ok
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Adexbenjy1: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2018
hmmmm 41 out of 768.... my school is wicked o.....32 out of 5k+
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by CastroTbb(m): 7:56am On Nov 09, 2018
ina ruwa na
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 09, 2018
I didn't know first class is that cheap, but whatever

1 Like

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by adebayo3449(m): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2018
Oh
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 09, 2018
Loose grading system. How many can make first class on a 5point grading system?

I don't trust results from private schools and universities in Nigeria. The lecturers tend to award undeserving grades to their students so as to promote the school's image. They are more like 'special centres'.

Put these so called first class graduates in a competition with their peers from government universities and they can't defend themselves.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by adebayo3449(m): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2018
If not for FUTA

Contact me for your customized wristbands for any of your events.
Check my signature for my whatsapp link
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by hok4u(f): 7:59am On Nov 09, 2018
confusedGuy:
carry 90% of those student to Uniben or UI or even Uniport na 3rd class dem go graduate with grin grin grin

quote me and die grin

It's a lie,that your logic is wrong, you don't get first class by runs, you've got to be brilliant and intelligent, getting a first class is not a fluke, you earn it.

3 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by lonelydora: 8:00am On Nov 09, 2018
They should come and try it in a Federal University.

First Class in a Private University is equivalent to 2.2 in a State University and 3rd class in a Federal University

3 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by lilmax(m): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2018
wave guys

the third classers are here grin

team "let them come and try it here, they will get 2.2 grin

slow down guys, these people have conducive environment of learning.....you made third class in your rusty school doesn't mean others can't make first class in their fresh metal schools, take a chill pill and work hard next life grin

7 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2018
lonelydora:

First Class in a Private University is equivalent to 2.2 in a State University and 3rd class in a Federal University
nonsense...and una never invent washing machine or toothpick or proposed a theory in physics or chemistry, Mr man go and sit down

8 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Pekele007: 8:06am On Nov 09, 2018
confusedGuy:

quote me and die grin

how old are you?

if your parents could afford the fee, you would have graduated from a private university. so just shut up

4 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Pekele007: 8:07am On Nov 09, 2018
lonelydora:

Low self-esteemed poor boy

4 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by CodeTemplar: 8:08am On Nov 09, 2018
lonelydora:

OkaNaUbe:
Loose grading system. How many can make first class on a 5point grading system?

I don't trust results from private schools and universities in Nigeria. The lecturers tend to award undeserving grades to their students so as to promote the school's image. They are more like 'special centres'.

Put these so called first class graduates in a competition with their peers from government universities and they can't defend themselves.

micflo28:
Let them not near university of abuja else they will go bald and still end up with a pass certificate.

confusedGuy:

quote me and die grin

PS

for all those people quoting me...E pain una grin grin

Ibcrown:
Those first class students are third class students in udus

tetralogyfallot:
The caption should be 41students successfully bought their first class certificate @ lcu

mendii:
check their disicpline

you'll see courses like PHE,EXCERCISE and some other useless courses

please also note that first class aint the perequisite of beign successful in life

Adexbenjy1:
hmmmm 41 out of 768.... my school is wicked o.....32 out of 5k+
Jiang:
I didn't know first class is that cheap, but whatever

Typing.....
Below is a breakdown of Nigerian Law School First Class List and I wonder why alleged 2.2 or 3rd class candidates in federal and state schools will be doing with first class in Law school to the point of even excelling ahead of public uni graduates.

ERockson:
SW Institutions Produce Close To 50% Of The First Class At 2018 Nig Law Sch

Breakdown of 1st Class students at the Bar finals

LASU 18
Adekunle Ajasin 1
ABUAD 12
ABU 2
Ambrose Alli 1
Anambra state uni 2
Babcock 4
BUK 1
BAZE 1
Benson 1
Benue 1
DELSU 5
Ebonyi 4
Ekiti 2
ESUST 3
Igbenedion 2
IMOSU 2
Kogi 1
NAU 7
OAU 12
OOU 5
Osun 4
RSUST 4
UniAbuja 3
UniBen 5
UniCal 2
UI 12
Unilorin 7
UniJos 1
Unilag 17
UNN 13
Uniuyo 5
UDUS 1

Female 113
Male 48

https://www.thecable.ng/161-students-bag-first-class-from-nigerian-law-school-highest-ever

https://www.thecable.ng/161-students-bag-first-class-from-nigerian-law-school-highest-ever

4 Likes

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by CodeTemplar: 8:09am On Nov 09, 2018
booked
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by Agugbadin: 8:09am On Nov 09, 2018
Glorified secondary schools and degree mills every where in Nigeria with so many first class yet it does not reflect in our scientific and technology breakthrough Nigeria still import every item even matches, pencils into this country.

1 Like

Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by micflo28(m): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2018
Let them not near university of abuja else they will go bald and still end up with a pass certificate.
Re: 41 Lead City Students Graduate With First Class by eneez(m): 8:10am On Nov 09, 2018
I see so many comments from limited people up there, lol, that federal universities frustrate students does not equate to better academic standards. I guess you will also say those that get 1st class degrees in uk universities bought them.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would you send your child to a boarding school? / How To Check If Your Name Is On JAMB Admission List (JAMB Matriculation List) / Drop Your Post Utme Score(abu Zaria) Here Letz Know Our Chances Of Getting Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.