Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P (20080 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / 2023: God’s Wrath Waiting – Sule Lamido Threatens Jonathan Over Defection To APC / Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari Over Accusation Against World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by DrHighchief(m): 11:58am On Nov 09, 2018
Npower should be given d power to recruit into all govt agencies because of their non biased nature of recruitment. Npower is d best.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by thunderbabs: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
In nigeria, nothing is ever done for the citizenry in good fate. Even the children they feed in schools is politicized.

Carrot and stick

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by cyprex: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
I doubt if the respected Senator has adequate information and statistics regarding N-power, the recruitment process, the beneficiaries and the mode of payment.
From all that I know, the recruitment is flawless and made based on merit.
The beneficiaries do not have to be card carrying members of any political party neither do they need any godfather
The mode of payment is direct to the beneficiaries account and they do not have to pledge their electoral alliance to any party.

If every other employment across government circles are made in-line with N-Power recruitment process, then Nigeria would have a better working population.

To crown it all, the N-power beneficiaries are committed to their work as though they are full time staff. this prompted the call for them to be retained and offered full employment.

N-Power is a step in the right direction and different from any other in the past.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by EmperorAkidi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2018
Seeking relevance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by GSA01: 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2018
ManirBK:
Dear senator Shehu Sani you are one of the senators I love and respect so much but I must confess that your assumption on this Npower program is not correct. This is the first time that I am very proud of a govt initiative that is very free and fair. The present govt may have gotten other things wrong but they deserve some accolade on this Npower program. Please do not politicize it, sir. When we talk of Nigeria we dream of this is one of those things we want to see in the future. A Nigeria where everyone has equal privilege and opportunity without having to know one politician, uncle or Godfather.

SO ON POINT!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Ahamic(m): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
We have to make Nigeria a better country. Our comments, suggestions should be positive enough to impact our nation positively.
You can post quality articles about good governance, make suggestion for good governance, post your opinion on how to make Nigeria better, here https://www.goodgovernance.com.ng/ to start contributing to making Nigeria a better place all will be proud of.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by wasagu(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
I learnt that the N power window is open again... Someone should help us with the link please.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by babsbolad: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
SURE-P existed but only for politicians. Npower is super transparent and for all

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by mechanics(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
Am not surprised he's talking like that, if President don't provide jobs, they will still complain, now he did the little he was able to do, and this so called senator is still complaining, I know few people who are not politicians, and they are benefiting from N power, it has come to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by SirBunky85(m): 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2018
Zehavi:
It seems APC has stolen your brain as well as your conscience. Please what sort of business will 10k start up for you in today's Nigeria ? If the government is truly sincere in elevating the status of Nigerians and Nigeria , then they should give more than 50k as loan . Even the so called N-power has its bias ...because the same beneficiaries you claim are not even up to 4% of the entire population of which the bulk still fall within the poverty stream.
just shut it already.most of my siblings and relatives are direct beneficiaries of dis npower scheme with dia salaries paid as at when due.give kudos where necessary and rebuke when necessary

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by michealewela: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2018
TruthMafia:

That's what you think.
I think the Tradermoni 10k is directed to the poorest of the poor.
There petty traders that sell goods on daily basis, goods not worth upto 5k and some of them owing their suppliers 4k, more or less.
Go to the market and confirm this.
The money might mean nothing to you but it will help alot of petty traders selling goods like tomatoes, carrots, vegatables, pure water and other food stuffs.
You can condemn the Tradermoni if you can go to the market and give these traders your money to grow their businesses but if you can't, I beg you just shut up and have a big think about the plight of these traders whom the past Governments stole their future in the past.
Leave them, 90% of so called educated people in Nigeria are worse than illiterates..

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by lonlytroy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2018
N power indirectly means Northern power
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by abefeb1(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2018
paparazi1:
The Jonathan SURE P program was a success to some lucky people, but i know it was not selective, was not tied to party unlike the Npower of this administration that if you are not an APC member nothing for you.
I'm one of the beneficiary, does it mean am an APC member. See thinking o...

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Sunmolar(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2018
you're saying this maybe because your need or want in APC led govt. is not met,now your loyalty has changed. mind you my spouse's PVC is intact.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by gentlegenius(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2018
ManirBK:
I wrote somewhere that if all govt transactions could be half transparent as Npower, then Nigeria could be a safe heaven.
Oga Zombie, no sabi wetin u dey talk, so park well.
Npower is transparent
You focus so much on the transparency of the N power scheme to the extent that you completely miss the important point the senator has raised in the last two paragraphs of his speech... (you can read that again).

I am not here to argue with you that the scheme is not transparent, but to be frank with you, schemes like this cannot solve our poverty problem, neither will it solve Nigeria's economic problems. In fact, it will only encourage our dependence on government peanuts, while at the same time, forcing the government to borrow more money.
Have you ever asked where buhari's government is getting the money to pay people who are not doing anything profitable to the government? In what way is the N power jobs boosting our economy? Most of the beneficiaries I know don't even stress themselves to go to work. They just relax at home and collect the 30k, claiming it is their share of the National cake. But remember... "If you give a child fish, you are only feeding him for a day. But teach a child how to catch fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime".
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by mukhcech(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2018
gentlegenius:

You focus so much on the transparency of the N power scheme to the extent that you completely miss the important point the senator has raised in the last two paragraphs of his speech... (you can read that again).

I am not here to argue with you that the scheme is not transparent, but to be frank with you, schemes like this cannot solve our poverty problem, neither will it solve Nigeria's economic problems. In fact, it will only encourage our dependence on government peanuts, while at the same time, forcing the government to borrow more money.
Have you ever asked where buhari's government is getting the money to pay people who are not doing anything profitable to the government? In what way is the N power jobs boosting our economy? Most of the beneficiaries I know don't even stress themselves to go to work. They just relax at home and collect the 30k, claiming it is their share of the National cake. But remember... "If you give a child fish, you are only feeding him for a day. But teach a child how to catch fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime".

This how a sane person criticize a process, a government or an idea.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Yyeske(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2018
TruthMafia:

That's what you think.
I think the Tradermoni 10k is directed to the poorest of the poor.
There petty traders that sell goods on daily basis, goods not worth upto 5k and some of them owing their suppliers 4k, more or less.
Go to the market and confirm this.
The money might mean nothing to you but it will help alot of petty traders selling goods like tomatoes, carrots, vegatables, pure water and other food stuffs.
You can condemn the Tradermoni if you can go to the market and give these traders your money to grow their businesses but if you can't, I beg you just shut up and have a big think about the plight of these traders whom the past Governments stole their future in the past.
Seems you were actually reading my mind when you wrote that.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Yyeske(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2018
victordaimond:
lai Mohamed cousin spotted,abeg get small shame na.it people like you that even if the truth is staring you in the eye you can never tell,people like you are pathetic fools.a piece of advice change that name to the opposite Biko
As usual, you couldn't even counter his argument before insulting.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by TruthMafia: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2018
Yyeske:
Seems you were actually reading my mind when you wrote that.
Yes.
We just need to let people know this.
If we can count how many women that sell bananas not worth up to 6k to survive on daily basis, some selling bottle water, can Coke, fanta etc to train their children. Most of the women are owing their suppliers below 5k, some even need 7k to expand their businesses and some people are here saying rubbish just because the hate the President.
These same people will buy purewater and still demand their balance from those women but will come here and be shouting "we don't need it, it's chicken change".
Mtchw
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by nurusystem(m): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
Elrufai will be the best person to answer you back
Npower is helping me Npower is real Npower is better than sure p

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by okewujude(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
N-power is fair but sure-p d political power high jacked it, if recruiters are fair like n-power system den naija for don bam since, dis tym shehu sani don get am wrong, dis a medium where recruiters are to adjust their way a bit.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Focus24emma: 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
N-POWER is not politicised like SURE-P
But I will always Stimulate.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2018
Why the government may have a different motive apart from what they publicly told us about the reason for the Npower, we the beneficiaries might not see anything else because of the fact that we benefiting directly. But what i think and read from what Shehu Sani said specifically about the Npower is that there is a form of politics in the registration and verification process lately whereby, beneficiaries are told to fill their PVC details on the given form. If what he said is true, the Npower is a form of appealing to the beneficiary emotion as our politicians already know that the youth hardly forget those that gave them bread, that they must surely consider this set of persons at ballot. Therefore, taking the PVC details is a way of ensuring that all the beneficiaries a ready for the 2019 election as a greater percentage of this youth must consider them at the ballot.

So, why the Npower is an indirect appeal to emotion the other is a direct appeal to emotion concluding from Sani's angle.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2018
Truth be told, we the youth are not rational at all: we only think short term while forgeting that long term is the real deal.

Our politician no longer worry on how and where to get voter because they already know the people especially the youth they are presiding over: starve them by making them unemployed then few years to the next election throw them some bones from the loud drum of the coming election as they are gasping for breath from the previous years hunger, they will remember you till the ballot day.

Even the so called Npower, larger population of the youth don't attend their posting but they are being paid monthly. We are truly our own problem not our fathers at the top.

I fear Nigeria might remain this way if we the youth don't change our mindset and rationale.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2018
I must say that for the very moment a person won an office in Nigeria, his campaign has started. Everything that we experience right from that first year to the end of the first tenure are campaigne strategy: don't do anything pronounce for the first two years lest they easily forget you. When the complain is high on the third year, start making them believe that you are on top of their welfare plan and also sounding the drum of the next year election. For the next one and the half years left, started initiating some substandard and white elephant project that you know you cannot complete before that tenure over but make sure you make them believe that you will complete for the next one year with the loud drum of the coming year election so that their mone will not be diverted. Then, after 6 months into such project, make them understand that the project will be completed in the next 3years (after they have voted you into for your next), thereby putting them into one chance buses. And the foolish youths will believe all this dramas because of their ugly stomach. And theyby vote and recycle those demons in political clothing. I Weep.
Re: Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P by KingAzubuike(f): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2019
moneyissues:
U get Samsu oil......not Samsu super oil...price if you have
You guys are actually wrong with this misconception samsu super oil is actually the original (Indonesia) samsu oil is the clone (Nigeria) .. Both works perfectly and have similar components.

The problem is that the fake of both are just too much in the market. And "super oil" have more fakes than the samsu oil. Also, because samsu super oil doesn't carry nafdac number since it's a foreign product unlike the naija counterpart, people easily think that it's the fake.

In a nut shell samsu super oil is the original product, samsu oil is a clone product from Nigeria which cheap anaesthesia and pepperish substances have been used to mimic the original "super oil".

Cc JAYfreezle Akinfunwa01

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Comparison Between APC Vs PDP Inaugural State Campaigns / Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba / SA To Governor Makinde, Bolanle Sarumi Curses Atiku's Betrayers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.