Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana (22117 Views)

Kenya: EIGHT Lions Tackle Buffalo In Savage Attack (Pictures) / 16-Foot Crocodiles Feed On Their Young Ones In Botswana (Pictures) / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by eghosa77: 6:36am On Nov 09, 2018
Hundreds of buffaloes have drowned in a river on the border between Botswana and Namibia.

Early investigations suggest the herd was being chased by lions and ran into the river, say Botswana authorities.

A local lodge owner told the BBC that it looks like the buffaloes then got stuck because the bank on the other side of the river was too high and that they panicked and stampeded.

He has never heard of such a large group of buffaloes drowning before.

The authorities in Botswana estimate that roughly 400 buffaloes died.

People living in the area collected the buffaloes and took them home to eat.

The river flows through the Chobe National Park, a major tourist attraction known for its huge numbers of elephants, giraffe, sable and buffalo.
Mr Micheletti told the BBC that he heard the lions roaring a lot on Tuesday night. When he went down to the river on Wednesday morning he saw hundreds of dead buffaloes.

Simone Micheletti, who owns a lodge on the Namibian side of the river, said that the herd was unusually large - at roughly 1,000 buffaloes.

Mr Micheletti told the BBC that he heard the lions roaring a lot on Tuesday night. When he went down to the river on Wednesday morning he saw hundreds of dead buffaloes.

He added that it was cloudy on Tuesday night so he suspects the clouds blocked the moonlight, meaning the buffaloes couldn't see.

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Fazemood(m): 6:40am On Nov 09, 2018
Reminds me to watch Nat Geo Animal fight tonight. grin

shocked

But these lions are heartless, watching as these buffalows drown without them catching any. How did that happen?

I better kill myself than commit suicide. angry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by obembet(f): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2018
Fazemood:

Mama peace

23 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 09, 2018
Fazemood:
Reminds me to watch Nat Geo Animal fight tonight. grin

shocked

But these lions are heartless, watching as these buffalows drown with them catching any. How did that happen.

Dont you eat cows? Its the circle of life.... how would the lions survive if it does not try to feed?

The crocodiles, grass, vultures would have a good meal off the dead buffalos..

11 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by hemartins(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2018
Natives will be glad cos they see this as a source of food.

What if the lion reappears when they are retrieving the meats?

16 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by NwaAmaikpe: 7:02am On Nov 09, 2018
shocked

I doubt the honesty of this.
Most of them are hunted down by American and Chinese bounty hunters.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by odeade1(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2018
Akwai nama falafala

10 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by somalianprince: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2018
Bufalo is one useless big for nothing. I am very sure that if this 400 Bufalos had faced the few Lions without being scared it would had been bloody for the Lions.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by sadiktofa(m): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2018
Natural selection

2 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2018
at least the locals will gain something out of the lion Buffalo encounter.

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by tomsingun4(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2018
This lion na wicked soul.
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Ukalsman(m): 7:10am On Nov 09, 2018
People living in the area collected the buffaloes and took them home to eat.

Only in Nigeria will the president be blamed. Na wa for Lion o, king of the jungle

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Jonadull: 7:10am On Nov 09, 2018

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by ikorodureporta: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2018
cheesy see cowardice... Instead of all of dem to fight back, now na lala pepper soup Dem be

12 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by 9japarrot: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2018
Those having wedding weekend right now cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2018
Just lyk that?
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by condralbedez: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2018
see enough meat for the people thr,this one nah celebration for the whole town.

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Dannjay(m): 7:13am On Nov 09, 2018
Very sad

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:13am On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:
Bufalo is one useless big for nothing. I am very sure that if this 400 Bufalos had faced the few Lions without being scared it would had been bloody for the Lions.
Bro they are not big for nothing ooo. Have you seen where they take sides with other Buffalos and fight lions ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Kharol1234: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2018
hemartins:
Natives will be glad cos they see this as a source of food.

What if the lion reappears when they are retrieving the meats?
den dae japa if d lion re appears.....
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by adontcare(f): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2018
Food don dorn
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by FSolar: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2018
lol

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Rumicarter: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Bro they are not big for nothing ooo. Have you seen where they take sides with other Buffalos and fight lions ?

I have not seen.
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by somalianprince: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Buffalo had never killed one Lion since i started watching NATGEO

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:

Buffalo had never killed one Lion since i started watching NATGEO
Rumicarter:

I have not seen.
Believe me, I have seen a Buffalo kill a Lion. The Lion attacked solo, the Buffalo friends came to help and after multiple hits with their horns, Lion died.

18 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by DavidEsq(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2018
9japarrot:
Those having wedding weekend right now cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Blakjewelry(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2018
sad day for the animal kingdom, but a happy day for the humans all thanks to the lions

2 Likes

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Triniti(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2018
These buffaloes and zebras has been the top food chain for the lion park
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by ruggedtimi(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2018
awon jungle civil war. Purge night
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Ndipe(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2018
I doubt this story cos I have seen videos of buffalos attacking lions. Please watch this video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnERlsfBFc
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by mechanics(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2018
Some people like cheap things o, they don't even know whether it's hygienic to eat the buffalo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Help: Glo Code To Subscribe For Daily Internet Usage / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans / Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.