Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) (2980 Views)

The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2018
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani(My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me)?" - Jesus

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Jephthahkato5(m): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2018
speechless[color=#990000][/color][/i][sup][/sup][i][b][/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2018
"It is finished!"-Jesus

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2018
Thank you Jesus!

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 10, 2018
"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."-Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Lord i thought i was doing this for others, but now i know that i also needed to be reminded about this myself!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Chevrolet076(m): 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
jesusjnr:
Lord i thought i was doing this for others, but now i know that i also needed to be reminded about this myself!
shey o gbadun

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Cool23(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
I think the better question would be what has Jesus done for us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 11, 2018
Jesus you loved me too much oh!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by ifenes(m): 4:51am On Nov 11, 2018
The glorification of human sacrifice. How did it become accepted that Jesus died for anyone ? The level of brainwash needs to be applauded.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by CodeTemplar: 5:05am On Nov 11, 2018
But why did Jesus question God here? I have a lot to understand and pray God helps me with understanding.
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by correctguy101(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2018
See as dem beat some people god to nonsense.. $mh

The demis wouldn't even take such beating from mere mortals. If you can't take them out with a single stroke, you'll surely be pulverized.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by correctguy101(m): 8:28am On Nov 11, 2018
Cool23:
I think the better question would be what has Jesus done for us
As Nigerians living in Africa? Next to nothing to most of us.

Of course so much to some. Their bank accounts and godlike respect from their sheeples can testify.

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2018
CodeTemplar:
But why did Jesus question God here? I have a lot to understand and pray God helps me with understanding.
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2018
CodeTemplar:
This level of understanding you seek from God is one which requires a very rare level of willingness for him to be able to give it to you, as this represents one of the deepest mysteries of His Kingdom.

So all I would just do here is to try give my own explanation of what transpired there based on the understanding I believe he had given to me, then leave the rest up to Him to do if you'd let Him.

If you are very familiar with the teachings of Jesus, you will understand that the most important thing to him while on Earth was His Father's presence, that is the Spirit of God in full measure.

Therefore you'll keep hearing him talk about about His Father, His Father, and then His Father again, as His father meant everything thing to Him, that if everyone else left Him, that is inclusive of His disciples, as long as His Father was with Him, He would be satisfied and perfectly okay. And this He illustrated in this saying of His:

"And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." Jn 8:29(KJV)

Therefore you may be able to see the reason behind Jesus's focus and why he could displease all men if possible just to please His Father, because it was what would ensure that His Father remained always with Him and never left Him.

But that was all going to change if He was going to do what God had commanded Him to do and die for man's sin, for that's was going to be something unprecedented, which is for a man who was perfect in every respect and hence had eternal life to die.

Hence it was going to take something unprecedented for that to take place, which was that the presence of His Father which meant everything to Him, even the Fullness of the Spirit of God was going to have to leave Him for a while, for that to possibly take place, for there was no way God would be with Him to that extent of His Spirit, and he would still be able to die!

Therefore you may be able to see His sacrifice in a different light, and why it troubled Him so much more than anything else, that He had to ask God to possibly take the cup away from Him, and also His question on the cross in that respect, because it wasn't so much about the death in itself, but that the Father's presence to that extent which meant everything to him was going to be taken away from Him for the first time ever, for he had never experienced that before.

Therefore that was what he had to sacrifice on the cross for man's sake because of the love that he had for His Father!

And based on my own spiritual experience, and also from thorough observation of God's ways and how he walks, i've come to learn that there's nothing wrong with asking God such questions from the inside, that is as long as you are doing his will and obeying his command, that it's fine with him.

It's only a problem when you are doing it from the outside, than is from the position of rebellion and disobedience, because then God wouldn't consider you as worthy of asking such a question, needless say giving you an answer!

And this position you can deduce from His walk with men in the past such as Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Job, Jonah, etc.

So it's not a sin in God's sight as long as it being done from a point of Obedience, it's fine with Him, in fact it is even something He seems to want such ones of His to do, that is for them to ask Him questions, as that avails Him the opportunity to even teach them more about Himself!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 12, 2018
What manner of love is this?
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
What is man that you're so mindful of him?
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by spongeisback: 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jim cavizel is your God?! grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
The good shepherd that laid down his life for his sheep!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 13, 2018
"I Gave My Life On the Cross For You. What Have You Done For Me?" - Jesus
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
I'm not worthy Lord!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 14, 2018
Excess love oh!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 15, 2018
Words alone cannot describe what you did for me!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by SadMemories(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
because at that historical transcending moment of his compassionate sacrifice to a very sinful world as this,the loads of sin he carried was too much that made
God momentarily turned His face from him. Because the Eyes God is too holy to behold inquity.
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
Reality Check!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 16, 2018
The perfect illustration of the word called love!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
I promise to do my part to ensure that your sacrifice on the cross is not wasted!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2018
Oshe Jesu!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sacrificial love!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2018
Lord no worry you are not alone, for I dey here with you in your suffering!
Re: I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2018
Nagode Yesu!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, And Many More Are Satanic Tools Beware! / Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? / Christ Embassy Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.