Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 (2489 Views)

These Are The Safest Cars Of 2018 / Mercedes-Benz Sets New Record; Sells Over 1.18Million Cars In First Half Of 2018 / Ferrari Unveils Photos Of 488 Pista Ahead Of 2018 Geneva Motor Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2018
The engine oil of your car ...is it in the top ten best engine oil of 2018? ....well I know my Mobil oil extended performance is at least top 5..

Get with the program people... if you are not using the best oil. I don't know what to tell you ...my uber partners / customers know the value of extended performance... the taste is in the pudding... and this is why my uber partners love the the oil .This is not just oil and not all oil all the same ..now ask yourself is your oil in the top ten ? check the link below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.twelfthroundauto.com/best-motor-oil/&ved=2ahUKEwi317Tf9MbeAhVtT98KHbs-DRkQFjACegQIDRAR&usg=AOvVaw0E8C17NVoS0vYW4anM0fXi
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by flecho: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2018
Which level, u no fit add any of our 20w50 smh
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by searchng4love: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2018
after knocking your car with the oil you are peddling

dru23:
The engine oil of your car ...is it in the top ten best engine oil of 2018? ....well I know my Mobil oil extended performance is at least top 5..

Get with the program people... if you are not using the best oil. I don't know what to tell you ...my uber partners / customers know the value of extended performance... the taste is in the pudding... and this is why my uber partners love the the oil .This is not just oil and not all oil all the same ..now ask yourself is your oil in the top ten ? check the link below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.twelfthroundauto.com/best-motor-oil/&ved=2ahUKEwi317Tf9MbeAhVtT98KHbs-DRkQFjACegQIDRAR&usg=AOvVaw0E8C17NVoS0vYW4anM0fXi

4 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2018
searchng4love:
after knocking your car with the oil you are peddling

1 Like

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
flecho:
Which level, u no fit add any of our 20w50 smh

Sorry bro, I only use the best of the best ......If it is not mobil 1 extended performance, it is not oil ...now the list of the best 10 oil was conducted by an independent body ....try mobil oil extended performance, it will extend the life of your engine...
Now , the guy that stated am peddling oil that knocked my engine ( which is obviously is a big lie ) ..the guy is suffering from malnutrition... when hunger the wire person, you no fit think straight.... So don't mind the guy ,am sure once he has eaten very well... and clear the spider web from his eyes ..he will come and apologize to everyone on the thread..

1 Like

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by searchng4love: 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
cheesy bring ur head

dru23:

1 Like

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2018
searchng4love:
cheesy bring ur head

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by searchng4love: 10:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
nope.

dru23:

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2018

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2018
dru23:

Sorry bro, I only use the best of the best ......If it is not mobil 1 extended performance, it is not oil ...now the list of the best 10 oil was conducted by an independent body ....try mobil oil extended performance, it will extend the life of your engine...
Now , the guy that stated am peddling oil that knocked my engine ( which is obviously is a big lie ) ..the guy is suffering from malnutrition... when hunger the wire person, you no fit think straight.... So don't mind the guy ,am sure once he has eaten very well... and clear the spider web from his eyes ..he will come and apologize to everyone on the thread..

but u had to ring ur engine of less than 2 yrs recently na..... shebi? abi na less than 1yr sef
what caused it?

bad coolant or bad oil?

5 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by weyreypey: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

but u had to ring ur engine of less than 2 yrs recently na..... shebi? abi na less than 1yr sef
what caused it?

bad coolant or bad oil?
Leave am

2 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

what caused it?

bad coolant or bad oil?

Cheap oil and no coolant..... If you follow my thread, I stated that I had a useless manager... the idiot was chopping money and carrying woman up and down... you give him money to buy oil ,he will buy 5k naira oil on the road side....
Using conventional oil will definitely kill your engine, especially if you are constantly using it on uber... with conversation oil. U have to change your oil more frequently like every 3k miles or so... now uber drivers how many miles do you think they drive a month ? At least 3k miles to 5k miles a month.
And for the fact he was using total oil ,it made it worse.. Most Nigerians don't know poo about cars ,to them oil na oil ..they just buy oil .. Also if you were paying attention, I started with castrol oil imported by me .... If you paid attention, this was about a year ago ,I was told that castrol was not all that good , this is USA Castrol oil o and that Mobil oil was better. So I than started importing regular Mobil oil 1 ... After doing research, somebody reccomend Mobil oil extended performance, from there I never looked back.. Mobil oil extended performance all the way...
And one more thing before I was using Mobil oil extended performance... anytime it was time for oil, I will give the manager the oil to go and service... This is what he was doing he will go and sell the oil and put in cheap oil ...now u aware that am not based in Nigeria... I have my people that my manager reports to or that overseas him .. So at first I wanted to tell them. Before you give him the, 5quarts oil open it first so that he won't go out and sell it ...but I wanted to develop trust with him. That is why I didn't go that way of opening the oil first.
People I lost a lot of money, my trip back cost me nothing less than 300k to put those my cars together.. And doing my trip I noticed that Nigerians don't make use of coolant... my people pay attention, I preached this everyday... if you like use the best oil in the world, but good oil ,original or synthetic oil filter, and original coolant.. All these go hand in hand to extend the performance of your engine.

1. Oil filter : with good synethic oil filter... it needs to be strong enough to store in all the bad junk from the engine.. Has your engine is running the filters stores in bad minerals... the filter has to be strong enough, so that those bad minerals don't go back into the engine... if it those you will end up getting sludge. This is why I tell my customers, you need good oil filters.. Now I can't sell all the oil of every cars ...I do advertise to them were they can get it ...this might sound stupid to some.. I usually refer to carquest ...am trying to help people.. Money is not everything.

2. Coolant : I have preached this too many times ..I even had a link for people to verify my findings. Without coolant in your car, you are just flushing your money down the toilet.. Again the purpose of coolant is to control the temperature of your engine or regulate ...ordinary water causes overheating in the car.. The water keeps boiling and boiling .. Is your engine a kettle for making tea ? This is why people are spending money on radiator . Now when I was "ringing" my car , the thermostat got burnt out rusted, due to no coolant.. It cost me 7k in total to buy and fix .. I showed you guys on my forum o. The coolant as helps the engine block from cracking... funny thing about coolant is not like engine oil ..you don't need to change your coolant every 10k miles or so ...once you change your coolant with the original one ,it can last you at least a year or so ...with small engine you will need maybe 2gallons of coolant at the most.. Why not invest in it ...you have sellers on this forum that can sell at a good price..

Mobil extended performance oil
....with good oil ,you engine will have less friction.. Full synthetic oil will be the best oil for your car.. Follow the car manual, most ignore the owners manual.. The manual recommends 5w20, people will use 20w something, I just shake head ..
My advice is to use any USA brand full synthetic oil ..keep in mind people.. Most of the cars imported into Nigeria ,at least are 60% USA spec ...now with common sense ,don't you think the America engine oil will be tailored to those cars ? I use extended performance mobil cause of is brand and track record .can't use nothing less for now ...I always tell people that buy oil from.. Do you change your oil regularly ? Is the engine abuse? any oil shortage etc .if all those questions are answered correctly, I will sell them the oil... extended performance oil is to help you maintain your engine ,not fix it ..extended performance is not medicine after death.. If you have abused your engine up and down, extended performance will not cure it ...it maintains and prolong the life of your engine..

My conclusion
: Mobil 1 extended performance did not knock my engine.. The engine has been abused for a year before I started using the oil ... I had to rebuilt the engine for me to continue to be using extended performance . I will not repeat this topic again... I can't continue beating a dead horse
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2018
weyreypey:

Leave am

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2018
dru23:

Cheap oil and no coolant..... If you follow my thread, I stated that I had a useless manager... the idiot was chopping money and carrying woman up and down... you give him money to buy oil ,he will buy 5k naira oil on the road side....
Using conventional oil will definitely kill your engine, especially if you are constantly using it on uber... with conversation oil. U have to change your oil more frequently like every 3k miles or so... now uber drivers how many miles do you think they drive a month ? At least 3k miles to 5k miles a month.
And for the fact he was using total oil ,it made it worse.. Most Nigerians don't know poo about cars ,to them oil na oil ..they just buy oil .. Also if you were paying attention, I started with castrol oil imported by me .... If you paid attention, this was about a year ago ,I was told that castrol was not all that good , this is USA Castrol oil o and that Mobil oil was better. So I than started importing regular Mobil oil 1 ... After doing research, somebody reccomend Mobil oil extended performance, from there I never looked back.. Mobil oil extended performance all the way...
And one more thing before I was using Mobil oil extended performance... anytime it was time for oil, I will give the manager the oil to go and service... This is what he was doing he will go and sell the oil and put in cheap oil ...now u aware that am not based in Nigeria... I have my people that my manager reports to or that overseas him .. So at first I wanted to tell them. Before you give him the, 5quarts oil open it first so that he won't go out and sell it ...but I wanted to develop trust with him. That is why I didn't go that way of opening the oil first.
People I lost a lot of money, my trip back cost me nothing less than 300k to put those my cars together.. And doing my trip I noticed that Nigerians don't make use of coolant... my people pay attention, I preached this everyday... if you like use the best oil in the world, but good oil ,original or synthetic oil filter, and original coolant.. All these go hand in hand to extend the performance of your engine.

1. Oil filter : with good synethic oil filter... it needs to be strong enough to store in all the bad junk from the engine.. Has your engine is running the filters stores in bad minerals... the filter has to be strong enough, so that those bad minerals don't go back into the engine... if it those you will end up getting sludge. This is why I tell my customers, you need good oil filters.. Now I can't sell all the oil of every cars ...I do advertise to them were they can get it ...this might sound stupid to some.. I usually refer to carquest ...am trying to help people.. Money is not everything.

2. Coolant : I have preached this too many times ..I even had a link for people to verify my findings. Without coolant in your car, you are just flushing your money down the toilet.. Again the purpose of coolant is to control the temperature of your engine or regulate ...ordinary water causes overheating in the car.. The water keeps boiling and boiling .. Is your engine a kettle for making tea ? This is why people are spending money on radiator . Now when I was "ringing" my car , the thermostat got burnt out rusted, due to no coolant.. It cost me 7k in total to buy and fix .. I showed you guys on my forum o. The coolant as helps the engine block from cracking... funny thing about coolant is not like engine oil ..you don't need to change your coolant every 10k miles or so ...once you change your coolant with the original one ,it can last you at least a year or so ...with small engine you will need maybe 2gallons of coolant at the most.. Why not invest in it ...you have sellers on this forum that can sell at a good price..

....with good oil ,you engine will have less friction.. Full synthetic oil will be the best oil for your car.. Follow the car manual, most ignore the owners manual.. The manual recommends 5w20, people will use 20w something, I just shake head ..
My advice is to use any USA brand full synthetic oil ..keep in mind people.. Most of the cars imported into Nigeria ,at least are 60% USA spec ...now with common sense ,don't you think the America engine oil will be tailored to those cars ? I use extended performance mobil cause of is brand and track record .can't use nothing less for now ...I always tell people that buy oil from.. Do you change your oil regularly ? Is the engine abuse? any oil shortage etc .if all those questions are answered correctly, I will sell them the oil... extended performance oil is to help you maintain your engine ,not fix it ..extended performance is not medicine after death.. If you have abused your engine up and down, extended performance will not cure it ...it maintains and prolong the life of your engine..

My conclusion
: Mobil 1 extended performance did not knock my engine.. The engine has been abused for a year before I started using the oil ... I had to rebuilt the engine for me to continue to be using extended performance . I will not repeat this topic again... I can't continue beating a dead horse

omo, wow

I am impressed..

rdautoworks..... my work here is done!

1 Like

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by weyreypey: 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
dru23:

My conclusion
Kip quayet

2 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
dru23:

My conclusion

No one gives a single fook.

4 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

omo, wow

I am impressed..

rdautoworks..... my work here is done!

One of my car was jerking seriously ... before changing the transmission, over 60k was spend ..still the jerking didn't stop.. Got to Nigeria, got a reliable mechanic, spend 150k plus for tokunbo transmission not including gear oil and brainbox o.

The Jerking reduce , but the car will not pick up speed like before... so finally I told my driver that leaves close to lekki area to go to Carquest... He got to carquest and with 2,700 naira the car was diagnosed... and the bill was 172k including parts ..and the parts will have to be ordered ...I have spend close to over 150k so far, ha me no get another 172k to spend o. If did I will surely spend the money.. Omo I dey on a tight budget..
At Carquest, which had excellent service ..took the car for a spin... spark plugs, nozzle servicing, fuel line, throttle body need servicing, front shocks needs replacing, linkage, and one other thing needed to replace... most of the stuff needed I can source it myself, while the car will manage itself till the parts arrives ..now the things that we can fix will fix ...
So today my driver's mechanic decided to check the fuel filter.. Under the old manager, ass bleaching, poor looking, hungry and dishonest fool replace the fuel pump. I can't recall the amount he collected o ...But today we found out that he replaced the fuel filter with a Toyota camry.. Can you imagine the picture is below...
Now you ask me what is my point here ..one of my few point is .. Don't be afraid to spend money or find a reliable mechanic to fix your car ... If you can afford carquest ,please go to them ,worse comes to worse buy the genuine parts from them.
The other point am trying to make or will make.. My ubers cars were already abused before I either "ring" them or before the use of extended performance oil ..keep in mind my cars are running on water not coolant for now ...so I will need to import my own coolant soon .

My conclusion : Those that fail to learn from the mistake from history.. History will always repeat itself ..learn from my mistake. I am not afraid to tell people my failures or mistakes. You will learn more from failure than from success. I truly hope my little article here ,will help one or two people..

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
weyreypey:

Kip quayet

1 Share

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by weyreypey: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
dru23:

Hmmm spewing nonsense as usual

3 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
weyreypey:

Hmmm spewing nonsense as usual

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by weyreypey: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
dru23:

Another cup of BS

3 Likes

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
weyreypey:

Another cup of BS

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

The poor don't give a fook.. That is why most remain poor ,that will never be your portion o ... if your are poor ,you get more likes from your statement above... but the less likes you get the more your future looks bright... God help us all
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by smellingmenses: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hmmm dru23 you seem to be a trouble maker

1 Like

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by dru23(m): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
smellingmenses:
Hmmm dru23 you seem to be a trouble maker

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by Okoyeebo: 4:15am On Nov 12, 2018
This one is just peddling ignorance. They told him this, they told him that, as if he's incapable of using his brain.

Talking nonsense everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by thebigkendo(m): 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
dru23:

Using conventional oil will definitely kill your engine, especially if you are constantly using it on uber...
Big fat lie sir, even your Elantra does not require synthetic oil.. 5w-20 or 30 Conventional motor oil will do just fine, as long as you stick to the right oil change interval.. If you decide the use synthetic motor oil, better for you & your engine.
Yes Synthetic oil is better that conventional but conventional oil will not kill your engine...

I chop Eba with 1 meat.. You chop Eba with plenty orishirishi & mende-mende . Last last all of us go dey alright.. Hunger no go kill any of us.. You get my drift?
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by radautoworks: 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

what caused it?

bad coolant or bad oil?

ROFL!!
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by radautoworks: 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Barely half of the vehicles on the street does the manufacturer recommend synthetic. Most cars run on conventional and only need sythetic if you want to pamper them or last longer between changes.

https://www.nairaland.com/4534157/useful-car-information-mr-transmission#73033510
Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by Drunice23: 2:28am On Nov 17, 2018
thebigkendo:

Big fat lie sir, even your Elantra does not require synthetic oil.. 5w-20 or 30 Conventional motor oil will do just fine, as long as you stick to the right oil change interval.. If you decide the use synthetic motor oil, better for you & your engine.
Yes Synthetic oil is better that conventional but conventional oil will not kill your engine...

I chop Eba with 1 meat.. You chop Eba with plenty orishirishi & mende-mende . Last last all of us go dey alright.. Hunger no go kill any of us.. You get my drift?

Re: Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 by thebigkendo(m): 6:44am On Nov 17, 2018
Drunice23:

Drubaba don chop ban grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking At BMW X3 / Driving Tips / My Experience With A Lexus ES330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.