Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police (909 Views)

"My Wife Put Poison In My Meals’’, Retired Naval Officer Tells Court / So Sad: Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber Gets Lynched In Abuja (photos) / Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by TMemos: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5597241-146/naval_officer_rapes_infant_daughter_say.csp

Etim Canice Okon, a naval officer, is trying to convince the Nigerian police in Calabar that he had not been raping his daughter, but cleaning her up when her cry attracted people to his house, leading to his arrest.

The 48-year-old officer, who said it was not unusual for babies to cry at that age, allegedly started sleeping with the toddler when she was just one year old and had previously threatened to send his wife packing should she report his action to family members or members of the public.

But news of the alleged assault eventually got out and a representative of the federation of women lawyers in Cross River State, Rosemary Onah, petitioned the state commissioner of Police and commissioner of Women Affairs on behalf of Mrs Etim, the victims’ mother over the rape.

Confirming the arrest of the victim, the state Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Baba Ahmed said the suspect had raped his daughter about four times before the act became public, stressing that the incident started when the victim was only one year old.

“Raping of minors, especially one year old girls, is becoming rampant here. Maybe it is done for ritual purposes; if not, how come a man of almost 50 years of age will defile his daughter.

This is unbelievable and abominable”, Mr Ahmed said.

Prepared for court

He said the suspect will not be released until investigation is completed, adding that he will be taken to court as soon as possible to obtain a court order to remanded him in police custody pending further investigations.

“We are not going to release him on bail because the offence is criminal,” he said, “We will take him to court for court order which will enable us remand him in our custody for further investigations.” The Police Commissioner said the family has conducted medical examination on the baby, which confirmed that she had been raped several times.

“Our findings revealed that before now, the father of the victim was living together with the wife and six other children made up of five boys and a girl who is the victim of rape.

The poor girl happens to be his last born. This girl is likely to grow up with this trauma. How will she get over it?” he said.

Meanwhile, the mother and other children have relocated to an undisclosed apartment in Calabar where they are fending for themselves.
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by Blueice4re(f): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2010
Na wa.ooooooooo God forbid.
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by Bestglo(f): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
this is unbelievable
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by softgirl1: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2010
End time sign na wa o hum somting need to be done fast to all these inresponsible father this is unfair to that inocent child o my God cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by Pwaves(f): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
May God in his infinate mercy guide us unto the right part. How culd a father do this?
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by Outstrip(f): 6:45am On Jul 24, 2010
The mother should also be arrested. I don't know a mother who would let her child go through that
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by Sissy3(f): 7:15am On Jul 24, 2010
this is just more than annoying. what are these so called "men" turning into this days? my goddness how can you r@pe a baby bikonu? o ga o

as for the mother, its just very disheartening that you will rather choose to be married than ensure the safety of your baby. God knows if it was me, that bloody retarded, idiotic, sick, moronic,he-goat, mugu would greatly regret the day he met me. i swear angry angry angry angry

these assholes should be in the zoo sexxing animals cause thats exactly what they are
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by babymine(f): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2010
It must be for ritual purposes.
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by adaybola(f): 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
babymine:

It must be for ritual purposes.

IF NOT, THEN THE MAN IS A PSYCHO
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by jumie(f): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2010
I think this NAVAL officer should first be castrated and then stripped off his rank!

Sooo SAD!!! angry
Re: Naval Officer Rapes Infant Daughter, Say Police by seyibrown(f): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
It's just depravity! Saw on 'Tough Aunties' yesterday a boy who hadn't even started talking who had been regularly sodomized by his own dad! The mother was just wicked! She could have fled with the girl! Taken her far away from that monster of a dad!

(1) (Reply)

For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart / Girl, 12 Looses Eyes To Boko Haram's Bullets (pics) / Just Curious About IGBO NAMES!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.