Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} (118250 Views)

The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Maria: The Sequel / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by benpuzzy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, Alex becareful!!!
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by dawno2008(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hey @lovetoread it's been awhile,I just love the way your story is making those twists and very unpredictable,beautiful work sire
On the issue of low sperm count with Alex,I hope steph is not using her spiritual powers on him to make sure it only her that will borne him a child,cos i remember she and her mum are somewhat powerful
Anyways that uncle no wan wise,with the way is downloading is marital issues with this dele of a guy,i wish it won't come back to hurt him sha
Nice story once again more ink to ur pen bruh
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Tonyspecial(m): 3:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nobish
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
dawno2008:
Hey @lovetoread it's been awhile,I just love the way your story is making those twists and very unpredictable,beautiful work sire
On the issue of low sperm count with Alex,I hope steph is not using her spiritual powers on him to make sure it only her that will borne him a child,cos i remember she and her mum are somewhat powerful
Anyways that uncle no wan wise,with the way is downloading is marital issues with this dele of a guy,i wish it won't come back to hurt him sha
Nice story once again more ink to ur pen bruh

Thanks for your comments and compliments.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pls love to read give us something.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:41am On Dec 24, 2018
He was around for the next few minutes before he stood up. 'Thank you for your time, Alex.'

I stood up to accompany him downstairs.

'No, you don't need to do that,' he said, smiling. 'See, that your secretary, now, what's her name again? That chick is not bad. I want to chat
her up.'

'Eh, Dele, how long will you keep on doing this? How long will you be changing ladies the way you change your neck tie?'

He grinned mischievously. 'Don't worry. The moment I get a good lady like Enny or that your Steph, I'll stop.'

I chuckled. 'Alright. Best of luck.' I shook hands with him again and he was gone. I went back to work. By three o 'clock, I went out the ground
floor to stretch my legs. I loitered around the car park as I observed what went on around through the opened gates. Just then, a familiar figure
came into the complex and went to the security post. She was made to sign the visitors' signing book. As she approached the main building, I
had no doubt in my mind that this was Lara.

I moved towards her way. She looked up at the approaching figure and stopped short. I smiled.

'If this is not the Lara I knew, then I must be on another planet.'

'Alex, is that you?' she said.

'Lara, the baby lawyer!'

She hurried towards me and spread out her hands for a warm hug.

'Oh, I can't believe I will run into you like this. Lara, look at!'

'Alex! Good to see you. What an age.'

I had met Lara during my national youth service year. That was in Kaduna state. She had been posted to do her primary assignment at the local
government council office, while I was posted to a military school in Zaria. She had studied law and I used to call her 'baby lawyer.' We were
good friends then, although Enny remained my number one. After the service year, I had not set my eyes on her, until now.

'Oh Alex, look at you. You're looking so good,' she said.

I smiled. 'My dear baby lawyer, you're looking chic too.'

'So, what are you doing here?'

'I work here. Grande Oil, first floor.'

'Really? That's where my uncle works. He is the General Manager.'

'Mr. Afolabi is your uncle? Wow! See life. That's how people meet by chance. I work for the Chairlady of the Group as the Personal Assistant.'

She seemed glad to hear what I said. ‘I work for the state government at the Ministry of Justice, Alausa. I just came around to see my uncle.’

‘That is good. Let’s go upstairs.’

We entered the building and climbed the staircase. ‘That means you’ve been here before,’ I said.

‘Of course. Yet, we never met until now.’

We walked on the passageway. I pointed at my office.

‘I’ll see my uncle, first, then I’ll see you.’

‘Okay.’

I returned to my office. About ten minutes later, Lara knocked on my door and came inside my office.

‘There you are, baby lawyer.’ I pointed at a seat for her. ‘What can I offer you?’

‘Oh, no. Maybe some other time.’

I studied her face. She was a dark and pretty lady of average height. Now, she seemed to be going on the plump side and - permit me – her
busts seemed to be bigger. She looked around the office. ‘Your office is nice,’ she opined.

‘Thank you.’

‘Wow, you were the last person I was expecting to find here.’

‘Oh, such is life. It was by chance that I stood up and decided to go downstairs to stretch my legs. Then, I saw Lara, the baby lawyer.’

‘It’s Lara, the lady lawyer, now.’

We laughed briefly.

‘I can see the wedding ring on your finger,’ she pointed out. ‘When did you marry?’

‘Oh.’ I looked at the ring and smiled. ‘I married last year, last quarter of last year.’

For full reading, visit: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

3 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2018
Hmmmn-hmmmn here we go again! Alex! Alex!! Alex!!! Be warned.tanx love to read, ur da bomb.

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
This one you've introduced another character, naim be say story still borku

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by leoinnocent(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
Seems someone has to be careful again. Thanks for this piece

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by makuazini(m): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
auntie Lara d baby lawyer grin
op doing a great job

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by francium001: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lara another problem(woman) ALEX please be careful.

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Johilo(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nice one boss.... Our Alex is about to go on another adventure wit lara AkA "the baby lawyer" dOOmsday!!

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by eaddyboy: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
Alex my Nigga !! Nice one OP

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:12am On Dec 25, 2018
We laughed briefly.

‘I can see the wedding ring on your finger,’ she pointed out. ‘When did you marry?’

‘Oh.’ I looked at the ring and smiled. ‘I married last year, last quarter of last year.’

‘Who’s the lucky lady?’

‘It’s Enny. I used to mention her to you then.’

‘Was she the lady that did her service at Yobe state, or so?’

‘Exactly. We’re married now.’

‘So, you end up marrying her. That’s good.’

‘What about you?’

‘Ah.’ She smiled wryly. ‘I’m still waiting for Mr. Right.’

‘Don’t worry. God’s time is the best.’

‘So, talking about marriage, how’s the experience so far?’

‘So far so good. However, it has its ups and downs.’

She looked at her watch. ‘Sorry, Alex. I’ve got to go back to the office. It’s a pleasure meeting you. We’ll have to see some other time.’

I nodded and gave her my complimentary card. ‘Let me have your number too.’

‘Don’t worry, I’ll call you as soon as I get to the office.’

I accompanied down stairs and to the main road where she crossed the road and took a cab to Alausa. True to her words, some fifteen minutes

later, Lara called.

‘This is my number, Alex.’

‘Yes, I can see that. Have a nice day, Lara.’

‘Okay, good night.’

The following day, Madam B called from U.S.A and added to my work some supervisory roles. I was to go round the company’s gas depots and
stations and see what was going on there. I spent Tuesday moving around to do that. I went to Apapa, Oshodi and Isolo to see those stations. On Wednesday, I was at Shagamu. My job was becoming more demanding and interesting.

At the end of the day’s work, I would call madam and give her reports. Technology had made communications more efficient. I made the best of them. Steph too would call and we would chat. I was happy to hear that Alex junior was doing fine.
Enny still refused to come home. I had decided not to mount any pressure on her further. Let her please herself, although I missed her terribly.

I however blamed her mother for misguiding her. I believed she was the driving force behind all Enny’s actions.
On Friday, I decided not to go to any out station. I would do all the paper work within my office. I was busy till about 1.00 p.m when the office assistant came to tell me a lady by the name Lara was at the reception to see me. I asked that she should be allowed inside my office pronto.

‘Hello. Good afternoon,’ Lara greeted.

‘Hello, Lara dear. How are you?’

‘Fine.’

‘Sit down, please.’

She sat in one of my visitor’s seats. ‘I’ve closed for the day, so I thought I should come and say hello.’

‘Closed for the day?’ I glanced at my watch. ‘You people in the public sector are enjoying o. Whether Friday or not, my work ends at five
o’clock.’

She smiled. ‘Well, that’s one of our fringe benefits.’

I nodded. ‘So, what can I offer you? This time around, don’t say no, ‘cause I must offer you something.’

‘Okay. Anything.’

‘Anything? Even if it’s chewing gum?’

She laughed. ‘Even if it’s chewing gum,’ she replied.

‘Excuse me.’

I left the office and went to meet the office assistant. ‘Can you help to buy fried rice and chicken?’ I gave him some money. ‘In addition, buy
bottled water and mineral drinks.’

I went back to my office. ‘I’ve sent someone to get rice and chicken for you. Hope you don’t mind that.’

‘Oh, that’s lovely. You know my choice.’

I sat down behind my desk.

‘How’s your wife?’ she asked.

‘I believe she’s fine. We have some issues.’

She raised her eye brow. ‘What kind of issue?’

I sighed. ‘Well, it’s a long story, but the summary is, right now, she has moved out of my house.’

‘Really? Oh, that’s quite unfortunate. Sorry to hear that.’

‘Thank you. But I do believe that in a matter of days, the whole matter will be resolved and she will come back home.’

She nodded as if she absolutely believed that too. ‘So, how have you been coping?’

‘It’s not easy,’ I admitted. ‘I’ve been living like a bachelor in the last several days. It’s not easy at all.’

‘Have you made efforts to get her back?’

‘Of course. I’ve been to her parents’ house, where she’s staying. I’ve appealed to the parents too. Well, I believe all will soon turn out well.’

She nodded. Some minutes later, the office assistant brought her food pack.

‘Thank you,’ I told him as I collected the pack. ‘You can keep the change.’

‘Thank you, sir,’ he said and left the office.

I set a stool and put the food on it.

‘Thanks for all the trouble,’ she said.

‘You’re welcome.’

I let her eat while I did some work. Few minutes later, she finished her meal and opened the mineral water.

For Full reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

3 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nogodye(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2018
Merry Christmas LoveToRead
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Damibiz(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2018
Nice update mean y take a look at dis pix nd drop ur own bcus today na colour rice de rush me oh

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2018
Nogodye:
Merry Christmas LoveToRead

Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 8:04am On Dec 25, 2018
Friends and readers Merry Christmas to you all.

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2018
Must Alex talk about is family issue with everybody, haba.. How's ur wife? Fine, nothing like I believe she's fine.

Merry Christmas to you all

4 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Blackween(f): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2018
merry Christmas...

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by princejenks(m): 10:48am On Dec 25, 2018
we need more updates pls,it's Christmas o
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Solidlove(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2018
Happy merry Xmas to everyone following this thread, and special season greeting to Lovetoread
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by ashatoda: 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
ah ah! uncle Alex you no get brain? exposing your home issues to a lady that you were once friends with and just reconnecting with again and more so she is still hoping for Mr right and here you are in a posh office and living the life every woman dreams of her man. guy you no try at all. meanwhile enjoying the story. lovetoread continue
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 4:34am On Dec 26, 2018
I let her eat while I did some work. Few minutes later, she finished her meal and She opened the mineral water.

‘Hope you enjoyed the food,’ I put in. My laptop was still on and I still typed some keys from time to time.

‘Sure. It was delicious.’ She brought her i-phone and the charger from her hand bag. ‘I forgot to charge my phone. Can I charge it here?’

‘Sure.’ I collected the phone and the charger from her and plugged it in.

‘How is it, working as a P.A to a woman?’ she asked.

I smiled. ‘I can’t talk about women in general, but I can talk about this my madam. I can say that working for her is one of the best things that ever happened to me.’

Her face wore a surprise. ‘Really? She must be a great woman for you to say that.’

I nodded. ‘You’re correct to say that. This woman really helped and still helps me a lot. She has been very benevolent to me. I’ll never forget a great woman like her.’

‘Wow! I thought people say women are difficult to work with.’

‘Perhaps, but not my madam. She’s the kindest and most understanding woman I’ve ever seen.’

‘Wonderful. That woman must be very great. This is the first time I will hear a man talk about a female boss in such a fascinating way.’

I smiled. ‘I owe a lot to my madam. I’ll never forget her.’

‘That’s good. I wish a male subordinate can say something so glorious about me.’

‘Well, if you can behave like Madam B

– that’s the way I refer to her; if you can behave like her, why not?’

She nodded. ‘It’s good to hear a man talk about a woman like that.’

‘Hey, Lara, I hope you’re not a feminist.’

She laughed. ‘No, I’m not. I was just fascinated by the way you talked about that woman.’

There was a brief silence.

‘Do you talk about her like this to your wife?’

I became curious. ‘Why did you ask that?’

‘If you talk like this to her, she’ll suspect that something is going on between you and the woman.’

For full reading https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

5 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by FairCritic(m): 8:44am On Dec 26, 2018
I think the character called Alex is naive.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by genius43(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2018
FairCritic:
I think the character called Alex is naive.

It is a known fact that he is Naive
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 9:19am On Dec 26, 2018
Alex will u ever learn! Merry Christmas to everyone here.love to read thank u as usual.

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2018
This Alex dey vex me..
Hope he is not about to start sharing his life story with madam and his wife to this Lara.

Can't he keep shut for once?

And I hope Lara won't take it as her advantage to get more close to Alex just because he has misunderstanding with his wife
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2018
LightQueen:
This Alex dey vex me..
Hope he is not about to start sharing his life story with madam and his wife to this Lara.

Can't he keep shut for once?

And I hope Lara won't take it as her advantage to get more close to Alex just because he has misunderstanding with his wife

Alex has loosed mouth angry
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ann2012:

Alex has loosed mouth angry
Make we use something gum that his mouth cheesy
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
LightQueen:
Make we use something gum that his mouth cheesy

Like Glue wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.