Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:40 PM

Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving (16953 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by femmoy(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
BabaJideAFONJA:
1) Carrying an over-sized smelly Afonja lady.

like u right? I wonder how an educated person will come on social media and start constituting nuisance.

I doubt if u av sense or probably it functions wrongly.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by femmoy(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
kelechi50:
I am having this issue with my car and I don't know what to do,if I slow down on any check point or bad spot the engine will go off, please I need your advice

check ur injector, it might need a little servicing,chech ur air filter as well.
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by fataiiyo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Honda Accord (DC) Available For Sale At 950k by fataiiyo(m): 2:51pm
I have my personal Car for sale and it is buy and drive . Good condition 100%
Ac working perfectly and new tires .
I want to sell because I want to clear my Lexus next month. You can hola me
0806220748one

Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by fada190: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
nice
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by asawanathegreat(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Good one
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by Barrysleek(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2018
Just this morning my Mercedes benz 190 just stop on the way, I parked and and tried starting it but it wasn't picking up called my mechanic he checked it and told me it was coiled and brain box, he gave me a bill of 10k to get them minus his workmanship, is this correct? Note that a month ago he change the fuel pump and since he changed it my car has been hard start which wasn't like this before changing the fuel pump. Should I go ahead and give him the 10k
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
What is the make and model of your car? Check your sensors if is a modern car, don't let all these trial and error mechanics misled
kelechi50:
I am having this issue with my car and I don't know what to do,if I slow down on any check point or bad spot the engine will go off, please I need your advice
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
MAF sensor, IAC sensor, common problem in nissan maximas and altimas, security problem.
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Barrysleek:
Just this morning my Mercedes benz 190 just stop on the way, I parked and and tried starting it but it wasn't picking up called my mechanic he checked it and told me it was coiled and brain box, he gave me a bill of 10k to get them minus his workmanship, is this correct? Note that a month ago he change the fuel pump and since he changed it my car has been hard start which wasn't like this before changing the fuel pump. Should I go ahead and give him the 10k

get rid of that mechanic.
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by ogundeleai(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2018
Each time I experience this situation, I notice that all guages ranging from fuel, battery, temperature won't rise and engine will be rolling but won't start. when I try to restart but after about 30 mins, once I restart, the guages will rise up and engine get to start again... Atimes if the distance of the journey is between lagos to middle toll gate along Ibadan, I may experience such situations 3 times.. I've change the fuel filter and the pump... I change the crankshaft sensor all to know avail.. Only recently, I read from online that PCM defect also known as Brain Box here can aswel responsible for the problem,,,, hitherto, I use to experience situations where all guages in dashboards will drop down few seconds after engine is started but not affecting performance of the vehicle either in motion or at idle start..... Considering the cost of PCM, am wary of the fact of buying new one and in the event that such actually not the problem with the vehicle... To say the least shutting off while driving not only dangerous but most embarrassing especialy automatic drive vehicles
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by Originalsly: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
From experience.....shut down and the problem was a slack battery lead...washed off the iodised stuff with pepsi..tightened the lead and everything was fine. But...wasn't the car supposed to be running off the alternator? But sometime later the alternator failed...warning signs?...on hindsight I guess the battery light never went off on start...remained on...and that should've been a sign to check out the alternator. Never drove for too long...but had to be frequently be jump starting. ..until the alternator failed.My advice...battery light remain lit....have the alternator serviced/replaced.
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by EleanorKing: 6:37am On Nov 13, 2018
Bizzyliss:
New Iphone xs max gold 256gb. I have two sent from america. contact signature

Drop your number
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving by Bizzyliss(m): 10:46am On Nov 13, 2018
EleanorKing:

Drop your number

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? / This Front Loader Garbage Truck Has An Exciting Way Of Carrying Waste Container / Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.