Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. (2751 Views)

Help!!! My Acura ZDX 2010 Radio Control Doesn’t Work / Urgent!!! Where Can I Buy An Original Power Steering Pump For My Acura 2005 Tl? / Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 3:18am On Nov 10, 2018
Help! I was stranded yesterday my Acura MDX 2007 refused start.

We've changed the starter, battery, alternator etc....
Still giving same problem. Lights, horn works fine. What could be the problem? Pls help
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 10, 2018
whitering:

Still giving same problem. Lights, horn works fine. What could be the problem? Pls help

If it were my car:

1) Pull codes if any. Sometimes codes are not thrown.

2) Do I have gasoline?

3) What work did I do last?

4) Check cables?

5) Check for spark? There are modern methods to check for spark.

6) Enough voltage.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2018
whitering:

just one more thing to change

mechanic

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by cyborg123(m): 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
Does the car roll but not start?

Have you checked the fuel pump? I hate mechanics that replace car parts recklessly.

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Fuel pump?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Pls who can recommend good mechanic around Lekki _Ajah axis. My mechanic said I need to get a new engine.

What! Car I bought February this year.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by 9icetoo(m): 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Have you checked your timing belt? Mdx uses a timing belt.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by sultaan(m): 4:43am On Nov 11, 2018
Buy a can of raid aerosol, open the air box where the engine air filter goes have someone start the engine while you spray some raid onto the engine through the air box of the engine start for a second it means your field pump is not running check the relay.

You need air fuel and spark for engine to run, since you are still breathing it means you have air, the above test is for fuel if it runs it means you have spark no fuel, of it doesn't it means you added fuel but the car has no spark so you look at the coils and your camshaft crankshaft sensors ( your scan will tell you).

Sine you drove to your location and engine only failed to restart I will say check timing belt after the aerosol test which you can do on your own.

Anti theft too could be active. Good luck my brother

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 5:31am On Nov 11, 2018
cyborg123:
Does the car roll but not start?

Have you checked the fuel pump? I hate mechanics that replace car parts recklessly.
Not fuel pump.
Thanks for your concerns.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 5:34am On Nov 11, 2018
sultaan:
Buy a can of raid aerosol, open the air box where the engine air filter goes have someone start the engine while you spray some raid onto the engine through the air box of the engine start for a second it means your field pump is not running check the relay.

You need air fuel and spark for engine to run, since you are still breathing it means you have air, the above test is for fuel if it runs it means you have spark no fuel, of it doesn't it means you added fuel but the car has no spark so you look at the coils and your camshaft crankshaft sensors ( your scan will tell you).

Sine you drove to your location and engine only failed to restart I will say check timing belt after the aerosol test which you can do on your own.

Anti theft too could be active. Good luck my brother
Thanks! I will call the mechanic to try the above.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 5:37am On Nov 11, 2018
9icetoo:
Have you checked your timing belt? Mdx uses a timing belt.

Thanks. Pls What's the essence of the timing belt?
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2018
whitering:

it is inside the engine and controls timing(cordination between fuel injection,air intake,spark and piston settings).
It is very important.if it has slipped off,the car can't start until it is re-fitted.
Does the engine crank?
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by sacramento1212: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2018
whitering:

Stop doing trial and error on your vehicle. You need a competent auto workshop to have that vehicle thoroughly checked. Since you are around Lekki/Ajah axis, why not contact radautoworks. I believe they should be able to sort you out.

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by sultaan(m): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2018
Broken timing belt sometimes results in engine rebuild if valves are bent
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Hoodbilonia: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2018
drive a benz and relax
leave mdx na better problem u carry so o
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by airlord2020: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
drive a benz and relax

How will this stament help him fix his car?

10 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Readonee35L(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2018
airlord2020:

How will this stament help him fix his car?
That guy is a slowpoke.
He needs a ban

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by LeJeun3: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2018
whitering:

Did you change all these just yesterday? Or it's a summary of previous jobs done on the car?!

You have a loose earth that the most likely reason that car isnt starting.....

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by cluewebhost(m): 11:52am On Nov 11, 2018
Air, Spark, Timing, Compression, Fuel all could stop your car from starting.
I don't think you should keep throwing parts at it

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by adanny01(m): 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
drive a benz and relax

Benz is more notorious for the no start. I have seen Benz do that severally and it boils down to replacing and reprogramming the key.

This Acura may be of same problem. Not every mechanic knows.

My mum bought a Mazda 232f, the engine failed but mechanics messed up the entire car trying to find spark and fuel. They didnt know that an electrician already immobilized the ECU.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Hoodbilonia: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
lobatan
adanny01:

Benz is more notorious for the no start. I have seen Benz do that severally and it boils down to replacing and reprogramming the key.

This Acura may be of same problem. Not every mechanic knows.

My mum bought a Mazda 232f, the engine failed but mechanics messed up the entire car trying to find spark and fuel. They didnt know that an electrician already immobilized the ECU.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Originalsly: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
So you've found all these parts and have them all changed yesterday...and the problem still exist. I suggest you go to a competent shop. Someone recommended one....stop throwing money around since the problem may be really simple and inexpensive to fix.The more your mechanics try to solve the problems...I can bet my life the more problems they will be creating.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by makavele: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

That guy is a slowpoke.
He needs a ban

And if you check now, he doesn't have a Be-,
how much more the -nz
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
LeJeun3:

Did you change all these just yesterday? Or it's a summary of previous jobs done on the car?!

You have a loose earth that the most likely reason that car isnt starting.....

Thanks. I changed all those parts and other things within days .... Still no solution. Is frustrating.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by makavele: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2018
whitering:

Thanks. I changed all those parts and other things within days .... Still no solution. Is frustrating.

Have that vehicle scanned . . .
Or looked at by a professional . . .
If no codes are thrown, the engineer will try to simulate the condition; that would make the codes pop
if that still doesn't work, then the problem will be fixed by elimination

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If it were my car:

1) Pull codes if any. Sometimes codes are not thrown.

2) Do I have gasoline?

3) What work did I do last?

4) Check cables?

5) Check for spark? There are modern methods to check for spark.

6) Enough voltage.

Is the engine turning over at all? If not, did you drive through water and it is now hydro locked?
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by cyborg123(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
whitering:

Not fuel pump.
Thanks for your concerns.
You have continually failed to answer a vital question that has been asked in many forms.

Does the car roll at all when you attempt to start it?
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
cyborg123:

You have continually failed to answer a vital question that has been asked in many forms.

Yes it does. But won't start.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by cyborg123(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
whitering:

Yes it does. But won't start.
Ok.
How was the fuel pump tested. Did the mechanic check fuel pressure and take the voltage at the terminals of the pump?

We need to rule out the fuel pump before checking for spark and then... timing belt in my opinion.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
cyborg123:

Yes it does. Still doesn't starts.
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by whitering: 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
cyborg123:

Ok.
How was the fuel pump tested. Did the mechanic check fuel pressure and take the voltage at the terminals of the pump?

We need to rule out the fuel pump before checking for spark and then... timing belt in my opinion.
You know how mechanics have ways of explaining things. He said he has tested everything. He said I should give till tomorrow or Tuesday
Re: Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. by makavele: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
Since you are in Lekki, post location for a free scan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor / Please Which Among These Cars Should I Go For? / How Traffic In Dubai Looks Like (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.