Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress (788 Views)

How To Resize Images In Bulk / How To Use Imagesizer To Scale Lightbox Gallery Images In Expressionengine / Step-by-step Guide On How To Embed A Facebook Video In Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello I want to change the image of the background of the pages on a WordPress site to different images per page. I can see the URL of the images if I inspect the page on Google chrome but I noticed that they are been dynamically fed in to the page from somewhere (I think that should be the database) so pls which table can I find this URL in the database
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2018
By Header image I believe you mean the logo? If yes/no, the said image should be in your Wordpress media repository (library). You might want to upload your own image to the library first before removing the previous. That said, the theme's documentation is like a manual. You should look it up when you have difficulties.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2018
Double Post.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by zetonet: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2018
You can't use different header images on pages.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sanchez01:
By Header image I believe you mean the logo? If yes/no, the said image should be in your Wordpress media repository (library). You might want to upload your own image to the library first before removing the previous. That said, the theme's documentation is like a manual. You should look it up when you have difficulties.

No, not the logo. The Image is being used as a backgroud for the header section of the pages.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
zetonet:

It is a background image that is been fed into a CSS on the pages. How I knew is I views the source code of the pages on Google chrome
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:

No, not the logo. The Image is being used as a backgroud for the header section of the pages.
What theme is that?
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
Well, not to waste time, the below should for you:

1. Look for the code that exists in the <div id="header"> and <div id="logo"> and (in the following image) <div id="splash"> HTML tags (I believe you have done this already).

2. There you will most likely find the URL path to where the header image is hosted, something like this: http://www.domain-name/wp-content/themes/theme-name/images/image-name.jpg

3. You might need to head to your CPANEL/file manager and go into your root folder. You need to log in to the file manager and click down into a path similar to the one where the header image is located, something like “/home/userdirectory/public_html/wp-content/themes/theme-name/images/image-name.jpg”.

4. Right-click on the existing header image file and rename it to something like “image-name-old.jpg.”
PS: DON'T DELETE IT JUST YET!

5. Upload the new header image to that specific directory. Make sure that the new image file name is exactly that of the old image file name.

6. Clear your browser cache and reload your site's homepage.

I believe this should settle it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sanchez01:

What theme is that?

Fortuna, by kingstheme.com
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by excanny: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:
Hello I want to change the images of the headers of the pages on a WordPress site to different images per page. I can see the URL of the images if I inspect the page on Google chrome but I noticed that they are been dynamically fed in to the page from somewhere (I think that should be the database) so pls which table can I find this URL in the database

Get a professional theme developerto do a custom need like this for you.

Reach me via call/WhatsApp 07030595988
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
excanny:

Get a professional to do a custom need like this for you.

Reach me via call/WhatsApp 07030595988

If you know it, why not say it
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by excanny: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:

If you know it, why not say it

This is what I do for a living. Developing themes. If you need my services, you get me to do your job.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
excanny:

This is what I do for a living. Developing themes. If you need my services, you get me to do your job.

You should know that from the way I am taking its not like I don't know anything about WordPress, i don't just major on it. However you never can tell the connects I have. You don't just reply like that when someone is in need of help
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by excanny: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:

You should know that from the way I am taking its not like I don't know anything about WordPress, i don't just major on it. However you never can tell the connects I have. You don't just reply like that when someone is in need of help

It's a major hack bro. Not something a DIY can engage in.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
excanny:

It's a major hack bro. Not something a DIY can engage in.

Well I appreciate that, but leave the programming to me, all I just need to know is where those pages are being populated from, the file structure and other thing to look out for in the database, because I know that for each page to have different background image then it must be fetching from somewhere
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:

Fortuna, by kingstheme.com
I just checked. You should follow my initial steps to fix this. However, if you are not too certain on what to do, just send me a PM. I might need your Cpanel details to fix this. You can go ahead and change your login details afterwards.

Note: It is FREE.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sanchez01:

I just checked. You should follow my initial steps to fix this. However, if you are not too certain on what to do, just send me a PM. I might need your Cpanel details to fix this. You can go ahead and change your login details afterwards.

Note: It is FREE.

I understand that method you are talking about. The issue I have now is I have up to 5 pages with the same background but all the pages needs to have different images. If I do that method you said, It will affect the whole pages. What I want is all the 5pages to have different URL background image. Initially what I did when creating the pages was to do copy and paste with the hope of changing the image when I finally get them
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:

I understand that method you are talking about. The issue I have now is I have up to 5 pages with the same background but all the pages needs to have different images. If I do that method you said, It will affect the whole pages. What I want is all the 5pages to have different URL background image. Initially what I did when creating the pages was to do copy and paste with the hope of changing the image when I finally get them
Oh! With this, you might need to raise a ticket with the support of the theme on Themeforest to have them guide you.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by etoluw: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
cbrass:

try this wordpress plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-header-images/
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
etoluw:

try this wordpress plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-header-images/

Thank you so much, I have actually tried that, but the plugin couldn't work because the header is not editable
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sanchez01:

Oh! With this, you might need to raise a ticket with the support of the theme on Themeforest to have them guide you.
Thank you very much for your concern I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by excanny: 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sanchez01:

Lol. You guys make these Oyinbo people think they are gods when there are capable hands to fix your needs nearby to you.

Ok. Write to themeforest.

I won't overcharge u bro.

Ok. Since you're broke. PM me. I might be in a Black Friday mood. I hope you know your PHP real good, cos you make any mistakes. I only offer 2 and 2 tips only on free mode.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by etoluw: 2:18am On Nov 11, 2018
cbrass:

Thank you so much, I have actually tried that, but the plugin couldn't work because the header is not editable

if i see the theme i should be able to help you fix it

d function which wordpress uses for setting header image is - header_image()

look for it in the header and replace it with your own codes
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by excanny: 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
zetonet:

It's possible. It's a hack tho.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
excanny:

So what is the hack?
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
excanny:

I finally did it now, after series of rigorous thinking, In fact I kept thinking about it while in church today. After much thinking I was able to find out that the images all have unique ID, it is this ID that needs to be entered into the pages shotcode. This will change the background image of the header.

The next question was how to find the image ID, since I already narrowed what I think the solution could be, i went straight to Google to search how to find image ID in WP, i didn't even know it was just a simple mouseover will show the ID at the base of the browser. I got the ID, inserted it into the page shotcode and Viola.. It worked.

Dont mess with a programmer next time grin

Thanks to everyone, especially sanchez01

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by excanny: 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
cbrass:

I finally did it now, after series of rigorous thinking, In fact I kept thinking about it while in church today. After much thinking I was able to find out that the images all have unique ID, it is this ID that needs to be entered into the pages shotcode. This will change the background image of the header.

The next question was how to find the image ID, since I already narrowed what I think the solution could be, i went straight to Google to search how to find image ID in WP, i didn't even know it was just a simple mouseover will show the ID at the base of the browser. I got the ID, inserted it into the page shotcode and Viola.. It worked.

Paste the URL.
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by cbrass(m): 1:03am On Nov 12, 2018
excanny:

Paste the URL.

I guess you don't believe anchoriaam.com
Re: How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress by Sanchez01: 6:14am On Nov 12, 2018
cbrass:

Well done, bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Escrow Service One Can Use To Transact Business? / How I Made 200$ For Doing Nothing (literally) From My Blog / Content Writing, Web Design And Social Media Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.