Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers (867 Views)

Onitsha Now A Construction Site: Soludo Starts Massive Development / SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by BiafrodExposed: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2018
Officials of the Department of State Services on Friday raided newspaper vendors in Asaba , the Delta State capital , confiscating all newspapers affiliated with the Biafra movement.
Over 1, 000 copies of Biafra -related tabloids – Biafra Times, Biafra Star , Biafra Republic , Biafra Rising Sun , Biafra Voice , Biafra Journal and Biafra Trust – were confiscated.
The activities of the security operatives forced free readers of newspapers to take to their heels
The DSS operatives said they were obeying a directive from ‘ above’ to carry out the assignment, it was learnt.
All major newspaper centres in the city were raided . They included those on Ibusa Road , Nnebisi Road, and Mixed Secondary School area .
The officials did not state their reasons for the raid but onlookers said the development might not be unconnected with recent comments made by the leader of the Independent People of Biafra , Nnamdi Kanu.
Vendors located along Summit Road, Okpanam Road, Anwai Road, West -End Road, Abraka and Cable -Point area were not left in the raid .
A newspaper distributor lamented that the raid had put fear on her vendors leading to sharp drop in her sales figure.
She said , “ They ( DSS officials ) were on a dangerous mission. They came with rifles of different shapes and in their usual black-black uniform . I wanted to run but one of them aimed his gun at my leg . At this point, I had to stop. They ransacked my newspapers ’ stand and collected all those that have Biafra as their mastheads. ”

https://punchng.com/dss-raids-vendors-confiscates-biafra-related-newspapers-in-delta/?fbclid=IwAR3ummXmqoTPdUGYbkPyneKRhGxPSk9CWxl4O-gVO8ocBT1fzE00-gauUNU
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2018
The op needs epp... This biafran ish is really getting to him
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by bedspread: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2018
So After removing the paper; Does that solve the Issue??

Seems Dss has run out of ideas!

7 Likes

Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by NwaAmaikpe: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2018
shocked

Any attempt to muzzle the freedom of speech catalyzes a freedom of speech revolution.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by IamD18: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2018
Anything to please lifeless Buhari is a welcome development to his dumb slave zombiefied supporters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by EternalTruths: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2018
Has this ended the clamor for Biafra.?
Acting before Thinking is bad.

6 Likes

Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by PFRB: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
Chasing shadows.
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by Lifeless: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
God bless the Coward one of biafraland

God bless the Lifeless one of Aso Rock.

I've been hearing stories of war and I can't wait to experience one.

Finally, I can get to rape as many slay queens as I wish like our fathers and heroes in the past did.
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by obi4eze(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
Let them go to Israel and stop Kanu since they want to stop him from unmasking Jibrin. BTW, Rochas should make good his threat to help Kanu unmask Jibrin.
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by velocity25(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
All I know is that Biafran Sun must rise
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by Omeokachie: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daura Secret Service chasing vendors while terrorists herdsmen are wiping out communities in Marina and all of middle belt region.
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by haladadon: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
they don't want people to read newspapers of their choice again.

is DSS ARENOTHER BOKO HARAM.

(Boko Haram means education is bad)
Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by BetterPoison: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
Think about what you post.

Re: DSS Starts Massive Arrest Of Biafra Newspaper Sellers by BetterPoison: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:
they don't want people to read newspapers of their choice again.
is DSS ARENOTHER BOKO HARAM.
(Boko Haram means education is bad)
cc GrammarNazi1

(1) (Reply)

Some Yoruba Media Analysts Are Lying To Buhari--northern groups / PDP Will Defeat APC In 2019 – Saraki / See The Ponzi Scheme Endorsed By Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.