Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead (32752 Views)

Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead / BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus (2) (3) (4)

Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
By Wisdom Peter,

According to a report reaching Brainnewsradio have it that three persons have been confirmed dead after a boat conveying about 20 passengers capsized in Lagos.

Information has it that the boat was on the way to Ojo from Coconut Jetty a suburb in Lagos when the sad incident took place.

“Three people have died and five others missing as boat conveying 20 passengers capzised mid-sea in Lagos yesterday night,” a source told The Guardian

“A 20-capacity passenger boat with 18 passengers and two crew members had capzised mid-sea enroute Ojo from Coconut jetty, a suburb in Lagos.”

Nigeria Television Authority(NTA), confirms that there was yet to be a report on the state of safety of the remaining seventeen accident victims, but three were confirmed dead at the scene of the accident on Wednesday night.

Read More At
https://www.brainnewsradio.com/boat-carrying-20-passengers-capsizes-in-lagos-three-persons-confirmed-dead/

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oh lawd
Rip

I so love myself....anything water I jump am pass
Owe me 10 m live opposite river I go dash you the money
The day wey I fear water pass na the day wey I dey drive ontop third mainland bridge. I dey hear the water dey call me. Tell me say make I jump say e no go pain me as na heaven I go enter straight.
Fear water

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by GOFRONT(m): 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Chaii

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by DEHVEHLOP(m): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sad!

May their soul rest in peace. Ameen

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by JoseVanMoyes: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
no life jacket

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Kenekingisback: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ambode sef
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by toysleek(f): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
It is well.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by tosyne2much(m): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
What a tragedy! Rip to the dead

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by adebayo3449(m): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
So sad
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Felixalex(m): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
Wait! Another boat accident or the one that happened between two boats earlier this week? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by neweraomo: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
Rip brothers
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
All of them go die last last grin grin

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by emmanuelrabb(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
RIP

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by hacmond(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
Naija my country sad
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by ednut1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
So y use a false pic
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by jayson87: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
Mid-Night... Who goes on a boat by mid night, such risk... for real
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by DEHVEHLOP(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Ambode sef

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by willyo(m): 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
I dedicate this post to kikiwendy and I and all praise to God for making sure we're accident free
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by blesssingtime(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
R. I. P to the dead.
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Sweetcollins: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Boat again?
Air, sea and land no one seems to be safest any more
RIP to em dead.
Embrace Christ and put out the fear of the unknown
If you know, you know.

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Naomiebuka: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
this is serious
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Abfinest007(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
need help

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by PearlStreet(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
Abfinest007:
need help of 2500 to buy little stuff am
startin work this week acct noba
3075775268 firstbank

These cyber beggars and fraudsters have become so brazen that they don't even bother appealing or being courteous.

Look at this idiot talking like an armed robber. No courtesy, nothing. Talking as if his father gave us money to hold. Why don't you ask your family members or those around you? Ill-bred mongrel.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by frozen70(f): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
7figuresalary:
All of them go die last last grin grin

Why is your mind soo black

Upgrade your senses its outdated

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by frozen70(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
Assuming they were wearing life jacket

Some lives would have been saved
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2018
frozen70:

Why is your mind soo black

Upgrade your senses its outdated
How much short time?? kiss kiss
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by eluquenson(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
Our waterways is a death trap for us in Nigeria, only God can save us from this evil.

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by loomer: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
the one means of transportation I dread
Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by onegig(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
I can't take a boat ride but out of necessity I took a ride in Sierra Leone some weeks back and the safety and organization was top notch. I didn't even know I was on water. They were on time, had life vest under each sit, the ride was smooth not withstanding that the water was a bit turbulent.

They had emergency procedures and so on and the irony is the company running it is owned by a Nigerian.

That's a country that just ended a war a decade or so back. I can never enter a boat ride in Lagos. I can't imagine going on such suicide ride. I doubt they are regulated and l am more scared because of the Nigerian character that seems to take safety for granted. In case of emergencies I doubt there's a single back up plan to save you and the most cringeworthy thing is, most don't even give you functional life vests.

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by oyetunder(m): 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
A warning to us all that we shall not live forever. Those who died had plans for next year. Many are already jumping towards next year elections-but not all that helped n the primaries shall be alive to vote next year.

Re: Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead by Flattino(m): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Ambode sef
Grow sense

Living In France / Truck Crushes Lady Dead In Owerri; Mob Burns The Truck (Graphic Photos) / A Lady Came Out Alive From This Ghastly Accident While Traveling For Easter.PICS