Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On (61295 Views)

Ladies, You Get To Your Boyfriend's Room And Meet This What Will You Do? / 13 Signs Your Life Is Centered Around Your Boyfriend And It Is Sickening / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2018
2buffagain:

This is a perfect reason why a married person should be extremely involved in politics at home. You can always vote for new guys like Sowore Donald Duke, etc to get your country moving forward in the right direction as opposed to backwards with those same old thieving clueless failures y’all keep recycling.
But that’s another topic for another thread.

You’re right. It is even more challenging for a married couple. Seeing as I never reach that level, That is why I cannot give advice on that one. UNa wahala senior pass me smiley
so all those nigerian guys in the US who come back to their villages to marry girls arranged for them by their parents how come they being able to carry these home based wives back with them to the US

10 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
2buffagain:

LOL akata na black americans. There are some good ones, but a lot of them are useless rachet individuals.
Most akata women like getting hitched up with naija guys though because Naija men at least know how to take care of things.
Their akata men generally could care less. cheesy
hmmm, thank you Romeo...so do you know how to take care of things? Like how to keep the car running, take care of a woman kinda things? wink

6 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by 2buffagain(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
lefulefu:

so all those nigerian guys in the US who come back to their villages to marry girls arranged for them by their parents how come they being able to carry these home based wives back with them to the US

These men already have green card.
The thread is aimed at those without green card.

14 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2018
2buffagain:

These men already have green card.
The thread is aimed at those without green card.
ohh ok
thanks for the heads up
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
lefulefu:

ohh ok
thanks for the heads up
Lefulefu my G...bawo ni? How your government?
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
Lefulefu my G...bawo ni? How your government?
i jus take lecture from 2buffagain cheesy
ehn wich govt u talking about grin
u mean my local govt cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
lefulefu:

i jus take lecture from 2buffagain cheesy
ehn wich govt u talking about grin
u mean my local govt cheesy
ha... your local government nah Amaka property nah lipsrsealed I no fit shout...no mind 2buffagain.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
ha... your local government nah Amaka property nah lipsrsealed I no fit shout...no mind 2buffagain.
grin
BlaqCoffee109:
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
Bro 2buffagain, you brought a lot of great points to the table, but when it comes to love and immigration, its never a straight forward issue.

But let me clarity a few points you raised:

2buffagain:
If you are dating someone and they are confirmed trying to migrate to USA with a non-immigrant visa, and they say they are coming back for you....chances are you are better off just freeing them and remaining friends while you face your life where you are.
I bet you neither you nor them knows the challenges that will have to be faced along this road.

Whether that woman has a valid green card (or not) is irrelevant/secondary here.... If you are in a r/ship with a woman that wants to move indefinitely to the other side of the world (talking about coming back FOR YOU instead of going there WITH YOU ) then thats the moment you guys should accept reality and part ways, as its obvious you guys have different life plans.

now if these guys have similar life plans to move to their eldorado (aka US) then they should sit down and decide how they will attain such feat, in an intelligent/plausible way. If your babe says she is leaving to the US with no plans whatsoever (but a tourist visa) then she needs a mind resetting dirty slap Asap.

Now, last but not least, there are women and WOMEN out there. Many streetwise sistas wouldnt need to sell their souls, body and/or marry some demon to make it in the US (or anywhere Else) so it's also down to what type of woman you are dating.

15 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Biglittlelois(f): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hmmmm, nice post, very informative.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by oyetpel(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nice informative thread.

But there is something i don't like about Nigerians living abroad or always travel abroad, even if they tell you that you can make it in Nigeria, they will still have this disdain for you that you don't know anything, that your life is worthless because of what they have seen abroad in their short lives. Same way black Americans always look down on Real Africans.

All i know is that whether i go abroad one day or not, we only live once

25 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by YUNGLURD(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nice thread but I dnt knw why this kind of thread hasnt graced front page yet?
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by savagefinder1: 1:52am On Dec 19, 2018
2buffagain ....
this is one of the most sensible posts I have read in a long time

5 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by 2buffagain(m): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
YUNGLURD:
Nice thread but I dnt knw why this kind of thread hasnt graced front page yet?

The mods keep hiding whatever post I mkae requesting that they put it on FP.
Apparently, they felt the post of some twerking girl was more important.

I'm getting to that point again where I think I'll have to abandon Nairaland again as it is clear whoever manages this site is high on some strong rachet weed.

29 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
This is definitely front page material.

lalasticlala What you waiting for though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by 2buffagain(m): 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
Rokia2:
This is definitely front page material.

lalasticlala What you waiting for though.

Maybe she is one of those waiting for a guy in yankee who doesn't have papers so has a beef with this thread.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by 2buffagain(m): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
hmmm, thank you Romeo...so do you know how to take care of things? Like how to keep the car running, take care of a woman kinda things? wink

Does this woman also work or have a business to keep herself relevant?
It's not about me needing her money. It's about her keeping her brain sharp.
I like women with drive.

9 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
2buffagain:

Does this woman also work or have a business to keep herself relevant?
It's not about me needing her money. It's about her keeping her brain sharp.
I like women with drive.
typical Nigerian...answering a question with a question undecided smh...deep calleth unto the deep; what do you imagine...the kinda woman...now answer the gaddem question, anyway angry . She might work or have a business does not equate her being sharp...getit? But if she works and have a business and she's a brainiac what's that to you? If you are not needing her money?

4 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by 2buffagain(m): 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
typical Nigerian...answering a question with a question undecided smh...deep calleth unto the deep; what do you imagine...the kinda woman...now answer the gaddem question, anyway angry . She might work or have a business does not equate her being sharp...getit? But if she works and have a business and she's a brainiac what's that to you? If you are not needing her money?

I don't socialize with dullards, Talk less of marrying one.
One thing I know out of experience is that...mediocrity is contagious.

Having a smart wife, who actually has experience, means I can value her councel/opinion/advise more on sensitive relevant issues... As opposed to someone who just wants to talk because she feels she has to.

If she is not building practical or professional experience on issues, then she is not relevant. This is where my lack of respect for her begins.

21 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
It can be done, but the road is indeed long. If he's not married to you yet hmm that one hard oh. Anyway a've seen a few who kept to their promises and returned to marry their girlfriend, but he had to make some very difficult decisions like marring a US citizen. It's not an easy one, it's better you get married, work hard, save money and migrate to Canada legally than this nonsense.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
2buffagain:

I don't socialize with dullards, Talk less of marrying one.
One thing I know out of experience is that...mediocrity is contagious.

Having a smart wife, who actually has experience, means I can value her councel/opinion/advise more on sensitive relevant issues... As opposed to someone who just wants to talk because she feels she has to.
right...

1 Like

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 20, 2018
Hehehejehe, I get ur point. grin
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by chloride6: 12:02am On Dec 20, 2018
Canada nko?
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 20, 2018
Let me read comments here.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 20, 2018
Theresa MAy and her co-horts don cast Uk. Do you know many Brits are desperately migrating to Aussie and Canada at the moment? This one na confirmed

6 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by 1Sharon(f): 12:08am On Dec 20, 2018
2buffagain:

LOL akata na black americans. There are some good ones, but a lot of them are useless rachet individuals.
Most akata women like getting hitched up with naija guys though because Naija men at least know how to take care of things.
Their akata men generally could care less. cheesy

We don't do business with akata! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfv_17pyGo

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by abbey621(m): 12:09am On Dec 20, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
Bro 2buffagain, you brought a lot of great points to the table, but when it comes to love and immigration, its never a straight forward issue.

But let me clarity a few points you raised:

Wether that woman has a valid green card (or not) is irrelevant/secondary here.... If you are in a r/ship with a woman that wants to move indefinitely to the other side of the world (talking about coming back [b]FOR YOU instead of going there WITH YOU ) then thats the moment you guys should accept reality and part ways, as its obvious you guys have different life plans.[/b]
now if these guys have similar life plans to move to their eldorado (aka US) then they should sit down and decide how they will attain such feat, in an intelligent/plausible way. If your babe says she is leaving to the US with no plans whatsoever (but a tourist visa) then she needs a mind resetting dirty slap Asap.

Now, last but not least, there are women and WOMEN out there. Many streetwise sistas wouldnt need to sell their souls, body and/or marry some demon to make it in the US (or anywhere Else) so it's also down to what type of woman you are dating.

The bold part of your statement get k leg! Like the OP mentioned, if you have a greencard, the path to citizenship is much smoother hence any woman or man can bring their lover over. By burning bridges and calling the relationship over, many people unknowingly killed their own future with their own hand. I do like the second part where you stated there are women and WOMEN, the right WOMAN can be a blessing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by Ohraykon: 12:11am On Dec 20, 2018
oyetpel:
Nice informative thread.

But there is something i don't like about Nigerians living abroad or always travel abroad, even if they tell you that you can make it in Nigeria, they will still have this disdain for you that you don't know anything, that your life is worthless because of what they have seen abroad in their short lives. Same way black Americans always look down on Real Africans.

All i know is that whether i go abroad one day or not, we only live once
God bless u bros i noticed it dey see abroad like heaven can we blame kolo mentality or inferiority complex or naija condition its so pathetic

2 Likes

Re: If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On by CoCoLav(f): 12:11am On Dec 20, 2018
2buffagain:
This advice of freeing eachother is mostly for UNMARRIED people.

If you guys are married, that is a totally different struggle altogether and both of you will probably have to make some seriously questionable compromises if you are really serious about the migration thing.

OP what of people who have US citizens as family members.

Whats the process of sponsorship like? My friend's boyfriend who went to the US sometime in 2015 to school there allegedly already has a green card. Is it that easy?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Ways Shy Guys Act When They Have A Crush / All The Girls I Wooed Turned Me Down Despite My Good Looks, Stature & Voice / RE: We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.