Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai (28106 Views)

Peter Obi: Stop Comparing Actors With Unintelligent People, AGN Tells El-rufai / Kaduna Strike: Come And Arrest Me, Wabba Tells El-Rufai / Stop Hate Buhari Campaign, Pay Your Staff, Presidency Warns Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by ijustdey: 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
Tony Okafor , Awka

The Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party , Mr. Peter Obi , on Saturday asked governor Nasir El Rufai of Kaduna State to stop making inflammatory statements that could incite hate amongst Nigerians.

Obi was reacting to El Rufai’ s tweet that Obi is “ a tribal bigot . ”

El Rufai had tweeted that Obi stopped him from moving around Anambra State during the governorship election in the State in 2010 .

But Obi while answering questions from journalists on the matter at a youth programme in Nnewi , Anambra State, said he was shocked to read such an outburst of hate from El Rufai , especially when “the statement came unprovoked .

He said , “ This is suggesting that it was what he sat down to think of rather than thinking about how to solve the many problems plaguing the country.

“ What His Excellency , Gov . Nasir Ahmad El Rufai said about me has been brought to my attention . I believe that as we grow older and are saddled with more responsibilities, we are expected to become circumspect in our thinking and avoid recklessness in our speeches and utterances .

“ How does the circumstance he referred to relate to bigotry to warrant such a label?
“ All I do for people like El Rufai is to pray for them and encourage them to concentrate on doing those things that will better the lots of Nigerians rather than engage in hate speeches that will divide and destroy the country.

“ At this difficult times in our country, when thousands of our brothers and sisters across ethnic divide are killed all over the country, including innocent citizens in Kaduna state ; millions of our children from all the parts of the country are out of school ; millions of Nigerian youths from all the parts of the country are without jobs, our pre - occupation , especially among those that are in government should not be making reckless speeches .

“ What our leaders should be doing today is seeking solutions to the numerous problems of our dear country.

“ I am aware that during the said election he referred to , security agents merely restricted his movement because he had no business being in Anambra as I would not have been in Kaduna on an election day. ”

The former governor of Anambra State advised Nigerians, especially those in positions of authority , to avoid what he called “ the dominance of the vice of hate” over the virtues of love in whatever they do.

https://punchng.com/stop-hate-speech-obi-tells-el-rufai/

161 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
I have been wondering same and infact too tired to comment because of the ignorance and stupidity expressed by zombies, whom i am unfortunate to share same country with. How does a problem between El rufia and Peter Obi, amount to bigotry? Dont people everywhere have personal problems? That Obi had a problem with el rufai and called SSS or police for him, that is no big deal. That El rufai left Buhari who is a well know bigot to call a nationalist like Obi a bigot is shameful to say the least. Initially, the zombies were trying to divide the Igbos by claiming he killed the Igbos, when the Igbos rebuffed that attempt to divide them, the zombies, now grasping on straws, have come to say a true Nationalist is a tribal bigot because he scolded El rufai for trying to cause confusion in Anambra. Am beginning to wonder if they know what the word bigot means. Initially, You said Obi hates the Igbos and ordered for their killing and now you have come out to say he loves the Igbos much more than other tribes, making him a tribal bigot. So which tribe is he siding in the bigotry? Pls people, aren't these zombies confused?

404 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
EOD.

Midget should try another line.

I don't know whom I hate most between him and Buhari.
Mtcheeew.

260 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by kettykin: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Notice how the big fools in aso rock Will pretend as of nothing happened until elrufai is given a heavy response and the useless security agents will start harassing the replier

203 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by ShySteady(m): 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
His Excellency, the incoming Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is more matured than the midget in Kaduna.

El-Rufai is known to hate speeches, violent speeches and foolish behaviors both in private and in public.

In 2010, the dwarf was spotted in Anambra State trying to influence the outcome of the gubernatorial elections which Obi (the incumbent) and the security operatives sensing that he was neither an observer nor a member of staff of INEC kept him indoors during the period.

Even if you decide to critically look at the scenario that played out then, El-Rufai ought to have been locked up for trying to cause havoc in Anambra State during the elections.

255 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by nzeobi(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
Now that they have not seen any corrupt act linked with Peter, they have resorted to gossip like market women.
how can you call someone that married outside his tribe a tribal bigot.

when refined men talk and behave we will identify them, when bigots and touts act too we can still identify them.
El rufai better transfer your aggression to DSS that restricted you to your hotel and live Peter Obi out of your bitterness cos Peter Obi, Chris ngige and other contestants were all restricted from moving around that day.

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by hisgrace090: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
It seems APC have no point they can campaign with aside propaganda.

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by lordkush: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
elrufai is a fool

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Nnemuka(f): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
Since they do not have any thing to show for being in power for 3.5 years, the best way to garner support is to continue to divide us along ethnic lines.

The religious bigot who sees Christians as Arne's hence his choice of a muslim Vice calls another a bigot.
Buhari that divided Nigerians into 97% and 5% is no bigot but because you were prevented from rigging an election in a state you have no business being in on an election day, makes Obi a bigot.
We are waiting for you and the Dullard in Anambra state

152 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Bizibi(m): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Even peter obi is not throwing insults at el rufai and some ode on nairaland are supporting the Kaduna governor's behavior, instead of them to sell buhari they are looking fr ways to bring someone's image down.

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Splashme: 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
Brilliant reply

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Boomark(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
Once you crush their plan to divide us they become useless. What can Elrufai say again?

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by magoo10(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hell rufai is synonymous to hate speech

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Splashme: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Boomark:
Once you crush their plan to divide us they become useless. What can Elrufai say again?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Ayoswit(f): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Peter you are a rock and you stand gidigba. Make them talk tire, 2019 we would shut their mouth with our votes. I'm still OBIdiently ATIKUlated.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Afonja yoloba Muslim worship elrufia n him hate speech

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by naijaguy123456(m): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
El-Rufai I know, who the hell is peter obituary ?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by abc115: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by kollinz1234(m): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
Peter Obi fall my hand angry angry
How will u be replying an attention seeking midget? Now u have open d floor for him to spill more rubbish

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
They are both bigots so let them both go to hell for all i care.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by ChangetheChange: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nice one Peter Obi
Don't drag ur self into the mud with HELL RUFAI

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by GaggleNSwallow: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Same way I want to tell one miserable bastard called Kingofampala to stop living with pigs.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Kamxin(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Still can't understand how sombody in opposition could control DSS and the entire governors from just a one man party.
To the extent that the president rejected his party candidate. El Rufai still cant come to terms with this mystery. So he wants to demystify it now.

19 Likes

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by AyakaDunukofia: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
"Dominance of the vice of hate", that's it.

It is what has defined the past four years. Obi couldn't be more correct.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by yeyeboi(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by honestivo(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
If you stay in a glass house don't troll stone
Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by DWJOBScom(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Give the kid Governor a lecture

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by Built2last: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
Yea
Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by johnjay4u2u(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
hmmm.
i keep wondering if we are truly operating democracy in Nigeria.
Childish character by our politicians every day.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai by gamaliel9: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
Peter Obi s wife is from Cross River State ooooo...tribal bigot...next line is" he hates northerners"

45 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omosede Igbinedion Meets With Babatunde Fashola(Photos) / Any Woman Will Want To Associate With My Husband -Aisha Buhari / Residents Flee Their Vilages Over Herdsmen Attack As Buhari Visits Nasarawa.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.