Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Garri Business: My Journey So Far - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Garri Business: My Journey So Far (5422 Views)

Recap: My Journey So Far Into Maize Farming / My Indoor Aloe Vera Farm Has Been A Success So Far *pictures* / How To Start Garri Business With Just N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
Good day Nairalanders and non nairalanders, I think it is time for me to share my experience in Garri business, first I will like to thank Seun Osewa for creating this wonderful platform and I will equally like to thank my big boss - Garriguy, It will amaze you all to know that I have never for once patronized garriguy before but I gained a lot from his wealth of experience in garri production, God bless Nairaland, God bless Seun Osewa, God bless garriguy and God bless all Garri eaters Nigeria and abroad.

The journey started in May, 2017 àfter a very careful soul searching to know what kind of business I like to do (I am a salary earner but I love to be a profit earner) and my mind picked garri, I discussed with my wife and she volunteered to give me full support then I went online and I got garri guy's post "HOW PROFITABLE IS GARRI PROCESSING" and I fell much more in love with the business.

I called garriguy and he told me about how much It will cost me to buy machines, I loved his machines but I don't have the money and then I tried to source for fabricators locally and I was able to bargain for grinder (stainless 2mm), presser (Iron) and two frying trays (Stainless - 2mm and 3mm both 6 by 12) for 500k, then I moved towards purchasing of land...

Story continues when I am sure I have people interested in my "JOURNEY SO FAR"

4 Likes

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by shurinz(m): 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
ride on
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by buttlover(m): 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
this land is for sale. seriously
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Konki: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
Waiting.... Pls add pics if truly a live story.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by modik(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
Following.

This land is not for sale!
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by ruphytelecom(m): 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
am taking front seat.
But pix speaks loud than words
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by nzeobi(m): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
we produce enough big cassava in this country so processing it into garri should be profitable.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 6:11am On Nov 11, 2018
Thanks Peeps for following.
I will definitely post pics, though I don't have the pics of when we started off because I lost my phone and I couldn't get early pictures of the factory.
I got my land very close to a highway for 220k, blasted rock for 88k and the construction of a micro (not up to a mini) garri factory started. The construction was concluded within 1 and half months and all machines were ready within 1 month. Production started in August.
I started with the small diesel engine for grinding Cassava but the engine started developing fault after grinding 2.5 tonnes of cassava 4 times.
Then my manager "local champion" advised me to buy fairly used lister engine (original lister) which I bought for 150k and from that time till this moment the engine has never given me any issue.
At that point of the business I had challenges and they are:
1. Getting people to fry garri at the rate that garri will be profitable is close to impossible no body wants to fry garri in my environment (they prefer to fry tapioca because that one is easier to fry).
2. The frying tray seems to be too long and what they fry will not be too different if I cut the fryer into two.
3. Smoke seems to be too much even with the Chimney.
4. Our price seems to be good for the market in my environment but not for Lagos and Ibadan
And so many other issues
Please I need to go to church I will continue when I return from Church. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Ademat7(m): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2018
My mummy was once a foodstuff seller, I asked her "mum why do u hv to go to Iseyin, Oyo state?" she said everything depends on scale of the garri processor which makes the price affordable because when she remove transport and road charges and she couldn't sell at a competitive price all her journey will be a waste.
Her opinion was that buying at a closer market is OK but she won't be able to sell at competitive price in Lagos.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ademat7:
My mummy was once a foodstuff seller, I asked her "mum why do u hv to go to Iseyin, Oyo state?" she said everything depends on scale of the garri processor which makes the price affordable because when she remove transport and road charges and she couldn't sell at a competitive price all her journey will be a waste.
Her opinion was that buying at a closer market is OK but she won't be able to sell at competitive price in Lagos.

God bless u, scale is another thing entirely, we will soon get to that
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by garriguy: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2018
Thanks you brother. Pls go ahead. As you know, you do not need to patronize us to ask for any advice. Other producers can attest to this.

Waiting for pictures and more stories.

By the way, I don't think our machines are too expensive oo, judging by the standard.

Kindly visit www.garriprocessing.com to see pictures of our new factories in Kogi State and Ogun State. October/Nov 2018.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by dotunibrahim7(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
Okay continue
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by bluke(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
why dont you go for mixer type of fryer.
one person can operate four.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by hacelatng: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
LETS SUPPLY YOU WITH GARRI

We have one of the largest garri producing factory in Nigeria, located in Osun state, we have both manual and automatic processes with over 40 staff that work day and night giving us over 50kg production per hour.
One of the top notch with us is that our garri production is well fermented and very dry.
we can produce any colour ranging from White, brown, milk colour, light yellow and Yellow garri.

As we are expanding, and getting to the top and we are offering bulk supplies of garri at any quantity

FREE TRANSPORT TO YOUR LOCATION
WE SALE ON KG WITH GUARANTEE
PAYMENT PROCESS IS FLEXIBLE
VERY VERY CHEAP

you can mail ciopnigeria@gmail.com for more info

2 Likes

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by garriguy: 9:35am On Nov 18, 2018
hacelatng:

We have one of the largest garri producing factory in Nigeria, located in Osun state, we have both manual and automatic processes with over 40 staff that work day and night giving us over 50kg production per hour.
One of the top notch with us is that our garri production is well fermented and very dry.
we can produce any colour ranging from White, brown, milk colour, light yellow and Yellow garri.

As we are expanding, and getting to the top and we are offering bulk supplies of garri at any quantity

VERY VERY CHEAP

this is what I call real business. God bless your efforts, brother!!

People tends to just treat Garri as a dirty commodity but you nailed it!!!

Some don't even have records of transactions at all.

I will like to advertise you for free, can you kindly reach me on WhatsApp +2347035593128

I will require your details to advertise to potential buyers. Thanks Sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
garriguy:
Thanks you brother. Pls go ahead. As you know, you do not need to patronize us to ask for any advice. Other producers can attest to this.

Waiting for pictures and more stories.

By the way, I don't think our machines are too expensive oo, judging by the standard.

Kindly visit www.garriprocessing.com to see pictures of our new factories in Kogi State and Ogun State. October/Nov 2018.

My Pale, thanks sir. Your machines are worth the price, I'm only trying to get there first before coming over. You are indeed a blessing to this generation
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
hacelatng:

VERY VERY CHEAP

Well done bro but watchout. You, myself and Garriguy (father) will soon meet in Europe to sell garri. I love this.

1 Like

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
bluke:
why dont you go for mixer type of fryer.
one person can operate four.
My brother you're right but money na the koko, we will soon get there.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
I'm sorry for the break. Garri business can be very stressful at times, meeting customers needs in terms of quantity and time couple with my salary work has made the week a real definition of "extremely busy" I almost asked my people to go to the factory today, Just forgive me I will soon continue with my story.
Once again God bless everyone that has made me "extremely busy" this week.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Garri4us:
Good day Nairalanders and non nairalanders, I think it is time for me to share my experience in Garri business, first I will like to thank Seun Osewa for creating this wonderful platform and I will equally like to thank my big boss - Garriguy, It will amaze you all to know that I have never for once patronized garriguy before but I gained a lot from his wealth of experience in garri production, God bless Nairaland, God bless Seun Osewa, God bless garriguy and God bless all Garri eaters Nigeria and abroad.

The journey started in May, 2017 àfter a very careful soul searching to know what kind of business I like to do (I am a salary earner but I love to be a profit maker) and my mind picked garri, I discussed with my wife and she volunteered to give me full support then I went online and I got garri guy's post "HOW PROFITABLE IS GARRI PROCESSING" and I fell much more in love with the business.

I called garriguy and he told me about how much It will cost me to buy machines, I loved his machines but I don't have the money and then I tried to source for fabricators locally and I was able to bargain for grinder (stainless 2mm), presser (Iron) and two frying trays (Stainless - 2mm and 3mm both 6 by 12) for 500k, then I moved towards purchasing of land...

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by garriguy: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
Garri4us:

My Pale, thanks sir. Your machines are worth the price, I'm only trying to get there first before coming over. You are indeed a blessing to this generation
thank you my brother. God bless you richly
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by ihydeepop: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
Garri4us:
Thanks Peeps for following.
I will definitely post pics, though I don't have the pics of when we started off because I lost my phone and I couldn't get early pictures of the factory.
I got my land very close to a highway for 220k, blasted rock for 88k and the construction of a micro (not up to a mini) garri factory started. The construction was concluded within 1 and half months and all machines were ready within 1 month. Production started in August.
I started with the small diesel engine for grinding Cassava but the engine started developing fault after grinding 2.5 tonnes of cassava 4 times.
Then my manager "local champion" advised me to buy fairly used lister engine (original lister) which I bought for 150k and from that time till this moment the engine has never given me any issue.
1. Getting people to fry garri at the rate that garri will be profitable is close to impossible no body wants to fry garri in my environment (they prefer to fry tapioca because that one is easier to fry).
2. The frying tray seems to be too long and what they fry will not be too different if I cut the fryer into two.
4. Our price seems to be good for the market in my environment but not for Lagos and Ibadan
And so many other issues
Please I need to go to church I will continue when I return from Church. God bless us all.
following bro
Garri4us:
[/quote][quote author=Garri4us post=72861673]Thanks Peeps for following.
And so many other issues
following bro
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by buttlover(m): 12:41am On Nov 22, 2018
I'm interested. how much for one bag. and how many Congo in a bag. WhatsApp or text 09023892755
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
[quote author=buttlover post=73188416]I'm interested. how much for one bag. and how many Congo in a bag. WhatsApp or text 09023892755[/quott
Thanks so much sir/ma, I will send u a chat on WhatsApp.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
I'm so sorry, I couldn't upload pics here, If u need pics and even videos, chat with me on WhatsApp 08079133689
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by bittertruth37(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2018
Kudos.
I'm very interested.
Pls, share with me how to source for the machines:
Grinder, presser, fryer and a sieve.
I'm located at Owode-Egba, Ogun state.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2018
bittertruth37:
Kudos.
I'm very interested.
Pls, share with me how to source for the machines:
Grinder, presser, fryer and a sieve.
I'm located at Owode-Egba, Ogun state.
You can always source for machines online; people like Garriguy is always available to assist but If u can't afford their prices for now, let's chat on what's app so that I can share with u pictures and videos of my machines so we can move from there if you're interested. My WhatsApp number is 08079133689
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Garri4us: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2018
Good evening great peeps of this platform and this platform, I must first thank God for making today a reality for all of us and I must thank everyone that has contributed to this thread and those that have called and chat with me, I must say I'm humbled by your encouragements and prayers.
I'm so sorry for keeping us this long with my story, please bear with me (combining production and work can be very demanding)
At this juncture I need to proceed, we stopped at the challenges I encountered at the initial stage which were:
And so many other issues

1. Getting people to fry Garri: When we started, I thought getting people to fry garri will be very easy because when I was moving around I saw people frying what looked like garri (not knowing they were actually frying tapioca) but when production started and I approached them I was made to know that they don't know how to fry garri they only know how to fry tapioca and then they described where I could get people that will help me to fry and on getting to the place they described, the place was so far that cost of transportation to where we are frying will make me run at loss so that became a no go area.
I equally felt that with a lot of people begging for money on the road and those engaging in hard labour like bricklaying that I am advantaged only to discover that begging seems to be what beggers see as a profession and not what they were pushed into by the challenge of the society, when I approached some of them to come and work they tell endless stories, I approached women doing bricklaying and one of them was even bragging about the job but later I was able to get some who I practically begged to come and work (and you and I know what it means to beg someone to come and work)
When they came for the first production, smoke almost killed all of us and the following day only one out of the two of them showed up and that very day she showed up, her husband called me around 6pm and he said "kilode gan na, e ma ri pi pon oju mi o" (what is it self, don't provoke me to anger), I had to start begging the husband but the woman later became the person that lasted longest with us.
From there, I made up my mind to get an automatic fryer, upon my findings, Garriguy's auto fryer seems to be the cheapest and the best but I couldn't afford his price so I had to look offline and I got one from local fabricators. To the glory of God, that seems to be the end of the challenge to frying.
ADVICE:
If you have the means, go for people like garriguy, they have been there before he is into production and fabrication, but if you are not that rich and you have the zeal, you can get these things cheaper so that at least you can start small and grow big.

2. The frying tray seems to be too long and what they fry will not be too different if I cut the fryer into two
The frying tray was cut into two making me to have four small frying trays and not two anymore but the challenge no 1 was still there, when we had two we barely get people now that we have four what do we do.
3. Smoke seems to be too much even with the Chimney:
Smoke was so much that any time I get home, I ask myself will these eyes of mine still remain with me in the next one year? but a day came and I remembered that during my days in Olabisi Onabanjo University (Diploma in Industrial and Labour relations) where we were taught about workplace hazards and strategies to curb them and I bought goggles and nose guards and from there smoke issue became a thing of the past.
Hmmnnn, the greatest task of all, the mother of all challenges Price! Price!! Price!!!
As we started producing without hitch, we discovered that our price was not fit for Lagos market then we started the journey.
First we moved to Oje-owode, that is the place garri is really produced in this environment, going to that place was an eye opener, from there we discovered that cassava suppliers were supplying us at higher prices, the cost of production most especially frying was too high, while cassava was being supplied at =N=20,000 per tonne to us, It was around =N=18,000 to those people as at that time and while we pay about =N=12,000 to fry, they paid around =N=5,000 to fry but we were only able to solve the problem of cassava suppliers through this journey because I was able to get up to 10 phone numbers of cassava suppliers which we were unable to get before that time.
With this journey, I was still not satisfied because I learnt that the price of garri is determined in Oyo, then we had to move to Oyo to make more enquiry.
At Oyo I discovered that price of cassava at Oje owode is even cheaper than that of Oyo but labour was cheaper in Oyo than Oje-owode.
With these two journeys, I was able to get solutions to these challenges and that was how production started properly, we were able to sell in our environment and in other places.

All my machines are from local fabricators here and they are all doing fine.

I must still use this opportunity to thank all that made me go into this business, I've never regret going into this business.

For enquiries, visits etc call me on 08032352182 or chat with me on 08079133689

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Mario01boss(m): 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
good day, am so greateful for this kind of opportunity given to me i have cassave tubers for sale at owode ketu yewa south of ogun state this is my contact no 07062927666 or email me at
burton01matthew@gmail.com if you are interested you can call for any how you want it thanks.
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by Seasonseasonal: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
Looking for where to buy dry Ijebu Garri and white Garri in large quantity or you are frustrated about the stress of moving around in a crowded market just to get the best!

Order now, our prices are affordable.
Call: 07058764315
WhatsApp: +2347058764315
We do nationwide delivery
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by abiodunolarinre(m): 8:08am On Mar 07, 2019
Garri4us:

The journey started in May, 2017 àfter a very careful soul searching to know what kind of business I like to do (I am a salary earner but I love to be a profit earner) and my mind picked garri, I discussed with my wife and she volunteered to give me full support then I went online and I got garri guy's post "HOW PROFITABLE IS GARRI PROCESSING" and I fell much more in love with the business.

Please what is the weight of starlet load of cassava?
Re: Garri Business: My Journey So Far by lightdream: 3:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Do u now sell out to lag?

(1) (2) (Reply)

17,000 Farmers Empowered Through Intervention Loans In Osun / Buy Palm Kernel Nut And Palm Kernel Shell In Abundant / Business & Investment Opportunities In Agric/imported goods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.