Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61554 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Adventure In Ireland / Weather Forecast: Clouds Spotted Moving Towards Nigeria- Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Kingtim(m): 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
Xisnin:

Your experience was colored by poverty and inferiority complex.
It is a shame when a supposed graduate throws away his self-worth because of cultural shock.
SMH.
is either you are mad or grossly foolish. What culture shock are you talking bout? The nigerian leaders that go there for medical treatment and holidays what did they see there. If we did have quality hospitals and so on and so forth like they have over there nobody will go over there often. Thats quality. In nigeria, even the rich cry.

10 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by odizeey(m): 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Colonising Israel for 4 centuries is not an easy feat bro. They were gradually eliminated by poor decisions from some Pharaohs especially during the time of Alexander the great/ the book of Daniel contains some of these events.Introducing Islam led to movement of colored people to other parts of Africa, driven away by ruthless Arabs. Ethiopia was not colonized but lost a great deal of influence when Greece and Romans became world powers. All is contained in history books which I like to read and sell of course. I hope you learned something sir, all the best

thanks for the info
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by williamdeluxe(m): 5:42am On Nov 18, 2018
It was when i left nigeria dix month to leon spain that i knewn d difference btwin living nd existing...

Except most citizens here been racist,they ave got everything right..

8 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 11:03am On Nov 18, 2018
williamdeluxe:
It was when i left nigeria dix month to leon spain that i knewn d difference btwin living nd existing...

Except most citizens here been racist,they ave got everything right..

Look beyond whatever racism bs there is out there. Set targets for yourself and strive to achieve them. Don't allow yourself to be carried away by the allurement of life out there. Just hustle clean, pray, push yourself and levels go pure. All the best to you.

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ranchhoddas: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2018
DeepSight:

Because -

1. The world is not Uhuru

2. Life is a school

3. We must work our way through our problems.
I have followed your arguments oh this thread and I think that you are largely correct. But what do you reckon is the reason for the slower pace of the Blackman's societal evolution?

Are we not all homo sapiens?
Why are we eons behind?

Why do we need to work our way through our problems now when some other humans did that centuries ago?
Did we not appear on the planet at the same period of time?
I hope my question is clear!

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ekanDamie: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Don't give up, there are different countries to start from, securing western nations visas as a Nigerian is becoming a herculean task, when I applied for post graduate studies years ago, it was much easier but it is difficult now even if you meet all the requirements, if age is on your side and you are working in Nigeria and has a first degree, try the Canadian skilled workers program or you can go through Germany if you have about 8000 euros for deposit towards your studies, don't wait till 2021 before you make a move, it might be extremely difficult, besides, how old are you?. flee from the shithole jungle grin
Bros with 8000Euros one can work a German study programme?
Pls apart from the advance euros what is other modalities like?

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
ekanDamie:

Bros with 8000Euros one can work a German study programme?
Pls apart from the advance euros what is other modalities like?
Post this question on the German student thread on the travel section, there are so many Nigeria students currently in Germany on that thread and they will give you all the other requirements

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by williamdeluxe(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
chukxie:

Look beyond whatever racism bs there is out there. Set targets for yourself and strive to achieve them. Don't allow yourself to be carried away by the allurement of life out there. Just hustle clean, pray, push yourself and levels go pure. All the best to you.

Bro God bless u..dix may be just mere words bt dy are goin 2 be engraved in my heart..

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
To all those lazy mofos castigating their country.
It's no one's fault u re lazy and ur parents couldn't make way for y'all.

Follow this link and see testimonies of folks making it over here.
One of the best threads on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first/14#73087622

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
krattoss:

I looked through that thread as well, and made some comments

But if this is the prism by which you measure success and good life, then your wofkf view needs some adjustment

It's not about making money, its about the QUALITY OF LIFE that one lives

That is what many of you are not getting

Nigeria is a $hithole in all ramifications, and those of us who decided to look elsewhere are not always the "broke and dejected ones"

We have made money in Nigeria, but could not live in peace
if it's not sars; or one thing or the other, it's dilapidated infrastructures etc

All your money will not save you when am emergency occurs, and there is no "911" or "999" speed dial to call to save you

Long story short, there is more to life than money making

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
Kingtim:
is either you are mad or grossly foolish. What culture shock are you talking bout? The nigerian leaders that go there for medical treatment and holidays what did they see there. If we did have quality hospitals and so on and so forth like they have over there nobody will go over there often. Thats quality. In nigeria, even the rich cry.
your last statement sums it up

"the rich also cry )" in Naija

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by goldmatrix(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
chukxie:

We've prayed. We've fasted. Yet no real changes. What else is left to be done?

Suicide

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Daeylar(f): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
[s]
chineji:
Did I talk about Italian women? I have never met such beautiful women in my life. Beautiful and very interesting. I used to think it was impossible for women to be interesting and funny but white women proved me so wrong. My Co workers were always so fun to have conversations with. They knew absolutely everything about everything cause they read a whole lot. In Italy, the women are always smiling all the time ( it's a total different ball game in most African countries where most women are always ugly and angry all the time) and the greetings omg. It's not weird to hug a woman and give her a peck on both cheeks and say bounjourno or bounesera depending on what time of the day it is. La spezia had a lot of beautiful women but then we took a road trip to Milan and it was like a total different ball game. It was just like a real life miss world beauty pageant.

Italian women are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. I just pray I can marry a Nigerian because ever since I got back all the girls are just ugly to my eyes cheesy
[/s]

This is the problem I have with reading these travel threads. A guy will travel out the next thing he does is to insult Nigerian women left and right for no reason.

"Nigerian women are always ugly, nigerian women are always angry, Nigerian women are not interesting,"
Absolute rubbish.

You don't deserve Nigerian women, and i just pray no Nigerian girl looks in your direction. I really pray so.

racist, color struck misogynistic black man.
Nonsense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 2:52am On Nov 19, 2018
goldmatrix:

Suicide

That's not an option for me. Is it for you?
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 19, 2018
Ugosample:

But if this is the prism by which you measure success and good life, then your wofkf view needs some adjustment

Nigeria is a $hithole in all ramifications, and those of us who decided to look elsewhere are not always the "broke and dejected ones"

if it's not sars; or one thing or the other, it's dilapidated infrastructures etc

All your money will not save you when am emergency occurs, and there is no "911" or "999" speed dial to call to save you

lol who u think u talking to, a toddler?
Police brutality and excesses is everywhere. Especially when u re black.
Calling 911 or 999 doesn't prevent vices from happening if the perpetrators are hell bent.
The Las Vegas shooting massacre. The shooter was at hotel rooftop with mi6 rifle shooting at people at the beachside. Casualty was 50+.before police sprang up for action, the deed has been done.
The police can literally do nothing bout gang wars, mass shootings that goes on in America.
All these emergency lines doesn't prevent shiits from happening if it's meant to be.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RoastedCorn(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
krattoss:
lol who u think u talking to, a toddler?
Police brutality and excesses is everywhere. Especially when u re black.
Calling 911 or 999 doesn't prevent vices from happening if the perpetrators are hell bent.
The Las Vegas shooting massacre. The shooter was at hotel rooftop with mi6 rifle shooting at people at the beachside. Casualty was 50+.before police sprang up for action, the deed has been done.
The police can literally do nothing bout gang wars, mass shootings that goes on in America.
All these emergency lines doesn't prevent shiits from happening if it's meant to be.
This is my problem with people like this, they'd pick one situation and generalise it......

American media reports almost every black killings and there are journalists everywhere,do you know how many killings are happening in 9ja unreported.....

Do you know how many people 911 has saved and is currently saving as we're talking....you just mentioned one situation and you think 911 is shit...at least it's working, is there anyone in 9ja

You people are just too mediocre ....on an average 9ja can't boast of 5hours electricity daily(considering every part of Nigeria)... My local government has not had light since December in 2014, another local government closer to it has not had light since 2008... Yes Okitipupa and The Igbokoda local governments in Ondo state....these are not even villages but major towns....everybody there has generator and are polluting the environment, why do you think Nigeria's average life expectancy is 54years and Countries like Japan is 90years... because there's poverty and our air is way too polluted...

Security in 9ja is zero, even SARS that's supposed to be protecting us is fighting us...police can't respond to emergencies, they can't investigate cases(maybe they'd get 1 out if 10 cases) , they don't have cars, if there's car there's no fuel.......I stay in UNIBEN and outside 2 of our gates, it's very dangerous to walk by 8:30 in the night.

Or is it unemployment....how many of the people defending Nigeria here are even employed? See agberos and millions of unemployed graduates... FG and ASUU are even currently at war while education is free in many European countries

Every country has it's disadvantages, alot of it is about policies that govern human life, they've gone past unemployment, electricity and security.

12 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RoastedCorn(m): 12:17am On Nov 20, 2018
krattoss:

First of all you're stupid for calling all hard working Nigerian youths lazy cos they've not made a million .... you're using Nairaland to judge the general populace? Do you know how many youths still use China phones And don't even have access to the internet to see the gobbledegook you just wrote?

Do you know how many youths have tried starting a business and the naira to Dollar rate killed their businesses?

Do you know how many business that's slowing down cos of buying of petrol and generator?

Because I'm working and I've not made my first million then I'm lazy? It's just 12 minutes past 21 and I'm sure this would be the most stupid shit I'd read today

Do you know how many businesses would have soared if government helped with loans with little interest?

Do you know as a graduate of any course whatsoever you should get a job, starting a business should be optional not a necessity cos you didn't get a job.

Even with your millions do you know the quality of life in Nigeria is low? Expatiating why our life expectancy is 54 years, one of the smallest in the world... Our air is so polluted due to generators, the recorded rate of cardiorespiratory diseases in Nigeria is very high.

24hours electricity in many countries is your right, and it's just like your right to life and breathe but in Nigeria 10 hours light is a luxury.

Security is what we play with in Nigeria, people died in benue and till date nothing has been done on it, another happened in plateau nothing was done too.... Instead of you to admit you're shit, you'd sight an example of a black man killed in Texas while due to our poor journalism coverage, alot are not being reported in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
Kingtim:
When a person suddenly moves from poverty to luxury, they get disillusioned and confused
and start to question everything they knew.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by TolaDigital(m): 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
Check out one of the most luxurious hotels in Ikeja, Protea Hotel for your accommodation. It's close to the airport.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RealityShot: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2018
To think that I was offered a ticket to live in Dubai last year and I rejected it...
SMH...

I Still hope Nigeria will be better, we have all the resources
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by JandyJ(m): 12:56am On Nov 26, 2018
RealityShot:
To think that I was offered a ticket to live in Dubai last year and I rejected it...
SMH...

I Still hope Nigeria will be better, we have all the resources

U rejected a Dubai ticket?? Why are u lying? People like u will even hide on the tire of a plane.

Apart from that. If maybe u really rejected that ticket, then my brother u are more than a Fuul thinking Nigeria will be better that Nigeria has all the resources. How many of the resources do u have access to??

Oga bet me, you will die in Poverty. Mugu

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RealityShot: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2018
JandyJ:

U rejected a Dubai ticket?? Why are u lying? People like u will even hide on the tire of a plane.

Apart from that. If maybe u really rejected that ticket, then my brother u are more than a Fuul thinking Nigeria will be better that Nigeria has all the resources. How many of the resources do u have access to??

Oga bet me, you will die in Poverty. Mugu
And those lines you just wrote are
The reasons why no one will call you up and offer you such opportunity.

Calling someone you know nothing about names for baring his/her mind..

LOL... Nigeria might not get better for you Shaa
But it's getting better for me.

#iStandWithBuhari
#BuhariTill2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by JandyJ(m): 11:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
RealityShot:
And those lines you just wrote are
The reasons why no one will call you up and offer you such opportunity.

Calling someone you know nothing about names for baring his/her mind..

LOL... Nigeria might not get better for you Shaa
But it's getting better for me.

#iStandWithBuhari
#BuhariTill2023

Buhari indeed. I know who u are now,. U don't have to tell me. Why would u travel wen election is around the corner..
THUG
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 2:06am On Nov 29, 2018
Ugosample:

Fact!
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 2:11am On Nov 29, 2018
krattoss:

You are foolish for posting this here. If I leave Nigeria today, do you think it's because of money. The rich that resettle their kids abroad, do you think money is an issue for them. Better get it into the thick skull of yours that quality of life here is poor, hence the reason for most migration.

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HeWrites(m): 3:05am On Nov 29, 2018
chineji:
I am many things an engineer, an auto enthusiast but most importantly I am an average Nigerian youth hustling to get a better life.

Hi,

Permission to copy this your Adventure?
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chineji(m): 5:36am On Nov 29, 2018
HeWrites:

Hi,

Permission to copy this your Adventure?
Permission granted.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
You are foolish for posting this here. If I leave Nigeria today, do you think it's because of money. The rich that resettle their kids abroad, do you think money is an issue for them. Better get it into the thick skull of yours that quality of life here is poor, hence the reason for most migration.
f*uck u and f*uck what u think.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HeWrites(m): 7:14am On Nov 29, 2018
chineji:
Permission granted.
Thanks bro. I'm gratful
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:

LMAO

don't mind him

Why would I want to grow my kids in one of the worst countries on planet earth? grin

So that they will be shouting up nepa? cheesy

Or going to.over priced shitty schools (you pay so much in fees, and yet your kid cannot pass WASSCE without cheating)

And the list is endless.

is it about money m

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
krattoss:
f*uck u and f*uck what u think.
You are welcome bro to continue wallowing here.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
JandyJ:

Buhari indeed. I know who u are now,. U don't have to tell me. Why would u travel wen election is around the corner..
THUG
the day you meet me, you will regret every word in those statements above.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Lekki Toll Gate Lagos During Day And Night (pics) / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Photo: Ikeja BRT Station Just Behind The Ikeja Train Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.