Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:44 AM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61046 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Adventure In Ireland / Weather Forecast: Clouds Spotted Moving Towards Nigeria- Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2018
Gerrard59:

For emphasis sake.

I've been saying these words (the bold) for a long time but brainless people (anyone who supports a Nigerian politician) keep arguing that things will get better. Newsflash!!! Nothing will get better.

You see brainless people supporting useless people who call themselves politicians, you've them everywhere saying this and that. It's why whenever anything happens these days, I've a numb felling towards the incident. Nigerians deserve whatever they face.

And anyone who says praying will solve the problem is a cretinous fvcktard!

I wish you the best in your endeavours.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by MollyBank: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2018
GambaOsaka:
God knows i have been cursing our leaders since i came here a week ago......
Everything is organized...
People smile at you at the mall.
People follow the rules.
People are ready to answer your questions and render help.
Internet is cheap.
Power supply - no even talk am

Abeg...... the only hope for naija are the youths, but look around, all you see is young people shouting Buhari and Atiku up and down.....
Fighting and cursing on the internet in support of these old men that brought us where we are...... That is the reason why personally i have given up on naija..... God bless Nigeria sha

I smiled at people when I come to Nigeria, but they always get mixed signals. Some give me this ' do I know you from somewhere look' while most of the guys follow me around, asking me to be their girlfriend.

9 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2018
Personally I've made a resolve not to procreate in this country.

8 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by sammyscholar(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2018
God bless you for this
GavelSlam:
When I read writeups like this here, I can't help but laugh.

You travelled across Europe and began to curse your land.

Yet you are hesitant to look into why things work over there.

The difference is logic and its application.

In Italy, creativity/manufacturing/production is a family tradition and heirloom.

Check it. It's either the family is known for wine making, Pasta production, engines, leather works, ceramic works etc.

In Nigeria, you get a degree in chemistry but would never synthesize anything after graduation.

You would rather work in a bank, join the Yahoo club or even remain without work.

The excuse is the worn-out excuse of lack of government support.

These days you get 30k through Npower. Fvcking save and buy bunsen burners. You and your classmates can decide to form a co-operative or club and purchase 2nd hand centrifuges. If you are sharp, you can get donors from around the world to support your cause.

Enough of the excuses.

Get to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ChristineC: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2018
The major problem are the citizens who stay abroad yet champion the cause of aged baboons to rule their country based on useless sentiments or simply for spite because they believe they are perched far away from the corresponding anarchy their propaganda will mete out on the people back home.

You visit some meetings in parks sometimes and hear what supposed exposed animals champion for their fellow citizens in Nigeria, you will weep for the extreme wickedness of the average Nigerian in diaspora.

Nigerians should eschew hate and elect selfless leaders first, without this I'm sorry.

16 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2018
To my Nigerian sisters.

Please ignore the nonsense that the OP wrote about you guys. He wrote from the position of a poor jobless and untraveled individual. He’s also entitled to his opinion, even as faulty as it is.

Yah all are beautifully made.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

On average, most black people are stupid very stupid.

This is the height of self hating inferiority complex!

I REPEAT: YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

You are a CAPITAL DISGRACE!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2018
Its not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country ...john f kennedy.....american government did not develop america... the citizens did...nigerians citizens need to change their mindset...or we will remin thesame

4 Likes

Notatribalist:
keep quiet.. Just say you're biafran..in one of ur post u even said Nigeria is the worst African country. How they hell did u arrived at such conclusion? How many Africa countries have u visited? Continue with ur journey, but please kindly stop the poo you're writing about Nigeria..
you are the one who sounds tribalistic from your comment.How can you protect a sovereignty that lacks human conscience? Our leaders are embezzling money meant for capital and human development and you are here protecting them.
People like you need to be stoned to death because it seems you represent our elites class.
Nigeria should be restructured for good. Do you know what people are going through every day in Nigeria? Nigeria is a shithole country !!!

12 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
When I read writeups like this here, I can't help but laugh.

You travelled across Europe and began to curse your land.

Yet you are hesitant to look into why things work over there.

The difference is logic and its application.

In Italy, creativity/manufacturing/production is a family tradition and heirloom.

Check it. It's either the family is known for wine making, Pasta production, engines, leather works, ceramic works etc.

In Nigeria, you get a degree in chemistry but would never synthesize anything after graduation.

You would rather work in a bank, join the Yahoo club or even remain without work.

The excuse is the worn-out excuse of lack of government support.

These days you get 30k through Npower. Fvcking save and buy bunsen burners. You and your classmates can decide to form a co-operative or club and purchase 2nd hand centrifuges. If you are sharp, you can get donors from around the world to support your cause.

Enough of the excuses.

Get to work.

Bravo, well said.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by IbrahimDamola: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2018
One of my yoruba muslim brother told me Booharii will make nigeria greater more developed than Europe and America.

Laugh no gree me. grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by GavelSlam: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2018
Itzurboi:
You really have got serious issh running in your head... Am pretty sure the phone you are using was bought by a good samaritan so you wouldn't understand when adults are talking

On my way to the gym now.

Just what I had in my wallet.

Have a good day.

17 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I agree with you, Nigeria is not that totally hopeless.

Many of us in diaspora are home or on our way back home.

I like reading this accounts of first time travelers as I must have been this stary eyed 35 ago when I landed in Zurich.

Can you guide me on how to relocate my family to Zurich?

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by seyigiggle: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2018
the op is an Engineer for heaven's sake.
read and pick the message not some lexicon poo.

babyfaceafrica:
can't OP just write without curse words and insults... this is becoming unbecoming..very distasteful... nice storyline... terrible lexicon

7 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Duru1(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I really wish I could show more pictures from my trip but the others had my face in it and I dont wanna show my face. We are really suffering in Africa. I used to be one of those who believe in this continent but I don't anymore. We are living like animals especially here in Nigeria. Nigeria especially is the worse amongst all African countries. Nigeria lacks the basics a country that can't provide electricity nor water for its citizens or even healthcare. In all of Italy, healthcare is free. They live so long. You see so many old people on the street. They get sick they go to the hospital and get treated for free and they got quality healthcare. We got absolutely nothing in Nigeria. I am back to Nigeria now and at the moment I am confused on what I wanna do. Everything here feels so strange and so weird. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering I mean it everyone. You have to really go outside to see how bad it is here.

Anyone that wants to leave Nigeria should do so ASAP. This country and by extension much of sub Sahara Africa will never get better. I mean even Gabon that has so much oil and very few citizens has so much poverty and really shit infrastructure same with equitoreal guinea.

The most painful aspect is that most African leaders travel to this countries regularly and see how things are done here and see how people live like human beings but cannot replicate same in their home nations.

Anyone that has an opportunity to leave Nigeria should waste no time. We are suffering in Nigeria. Life is not all about money quality of life matters too and quality of life in Nigeria is shit real shit.

Most fools from Africa still the audacity to demand respect from Europeans. How could any scene person from Europe, North America or Asia remotely thought about a respect for dumbass jackass from Africa?

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 16, 2018
Ejimagift:

Can you guide me on how to relocate my family to Zurich?

I don’t live in Switzerland, it was just my first international stop and exposure to international civilization. My own, "so this is how normal people are supposed to live" moment.

I live in the USA and there are many threads on that subject here.

Good luck.

#Carpe Diem

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Adakintroy: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2018
Gerrard59:

Actually, you are correct. I've thought of writing an article on it, but no time. The African man is the problem because all over the world, it's the men who developed their countries or played a significant role in the development. What do black men do? Drink, sleep with lots of women and inseminate them to procreate lots of children who they cannot take care of adequately.

In a thread last year, someone mocked Asian men for their small pen!s, but he forgot that these Asian men developed their communities and are a force to be reckoned with today.

One will ask, what I'm doing to solve the problem? Well, I was born to see them this way and I have come to realise that NOTHING will change for the better. So I save my energy. The previous generations should have solved the problem not mine.

Many of you who talk like this are a huge joke. Mandela met his nation worst. But did something that cause a drastic change socio. Polictically. Who's fault is it. We the youth who are now experienced but would rather shift responsibility to our children?. I watch with utmost awe..even the comments are abysmal l. Everyone want exits. The safe bUT coward aproach.

I love my country still. Am dusted yes. But we strife..suffering is a relative concept. 9

With all the beautiful roads food and all that exist to make them happy. They still visit shrinks, they still have the highest divorce rates and sucide rates. Lol. I say flip them over and see real shiit.

Life is all about adaptations people. Learn and do so fast. Whatever doesn't kill you make you stronger. I mean whatever. Relative to you are people living in villages or rural communities
I bet you think their life's are even more miserable. But guess what. They are striving. They marry, give birth, and some live to be 100 and so.

Mind over matter.

Aside what has happened to our mind to be independent and patriotic. We send children abroad to learn they never come back. Where they captured? What happen to orienting them to learn there and when the time is right come back and develope your country wit what you now know. Now imagine how many children of the rich are lost in a white man land never to return. Parents willing giving their wards out to slave and better the white man society. If all of them return one day with what they know it may start a chaim reaction of some sought. But what do I know.

The white man came and bought us aggressively. But now all they need to do is set a bait.

Animal will always migrate for better food source. But even animals know to return to base at the right season.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by rs172(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2018
GBOKASINCHA:
Its not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country ...john f kennedy.....american government did not develop america... the citizens did...nigerians citizens need to change their mindset...or we will remin thesame

What aspect about Nigeria have you developed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by mrMeen(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I agree with you.
100%
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by fredoooooo: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2018
Mouth Gig:
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CORRUPTION... grin grin..FOR ME ITALY IS VERY DIRTY COMPARE TO GERMANY, SWISS... grin grin

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI

SAI BUHARI...

Italy is Ajegunle, Germany is lekki and Swiss na baba lekki grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2018
OP is simply a bush, ignorant, shallow and untravelled person - suffering from an inferiority complex.
Shame on Nairaland also for putting a thread like this on the front page.

What message are you trying to promote? ? ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2018
seyigiggle:
the op is an Engineer for heaven's sake.
read and pick the message not some lexicon poo.

please!!!!...so you.mean an engineer cannot get a narrative straight without using curse words and insults... or you mean an.engineer is devoid of simple lexical structure and must retort to ridicule and.malignant......the OP is simply an angry man full of hate and frustration for his.black family...he should be ashamed of himself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Amhappy(f): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2018
Chaiiii Nigeria my country,which way

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by showafrica(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

Nigeria has never been great and will never be.

Lololol, all hail Biafra... But we need to attach Biafra to Isreal, bc Africa is caused. It's a simple thing to do, just just mighty hydrolic machines to detach Biafra to the Atlantic Ocean and move it to middle east, Europe or South America. This is my project in 20 yrs time.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by jelel6: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2018
Reading the comments here, one can easily see why Nigeria is as it is today.

They claim that the present leaders are monsters but most posters here can't even discuss issues without resorting to name-calling and divisive statements.

Our present generation of leaders are bad. But I'm even more afraid of the next generations of leaders of which most of them are already displaying their lack of civility and class on this thread.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Worksunlimited: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria shall be great again

If you talk this thing again ehn

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by blowjob: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2018
fredoooooo:

Italy is Ajegunle, Germany is lekki and Swiss na baba lekki grin
FOR ME SWISS, NA BANANNA ISLAND... grin grin..DIRTY AFRICAN... grin grin grin..GOD HATE DIRTY AND DARKNESS... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by cescky(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes..In those days that we were seen as Africa's giant

Stop exposing ignorance pls..must you always talk..from politics to this and that..

When Nigeria was perceived as giant of Africa...cant you see Nigeria was never ...giant of africa was coined locally...and it deceived all man..

Nigeria only had potential..but it just a large land mass of massive suffering black people

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 16, 2018
Hadampson:
I disagree with the "will never be part because nigeria would be great ONE DAY, maybe in 5,000 years timegrin

The question that usually infuriates me the most is WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO DEVELOP THIS COUNTRY?

Please do i look like a builder or politician?
I know the development of a nation depends on the people and the leaders. In Nigeria, people are not that powerful, our leaders are but what are they doing? they are doing what they know how to do best, that is to embezzle the public funds and run to a sane country to enjoy the money with their families.

I have done alot of things to change people's mentality. Guess what, they are far from changing.

Seriously, as i am o, i no fit work for Nigeria, even if i get work for NNPC. I don't care. What i care about is myself and if possible, i want to invest, Nigeria would be the place... That is the least i can do for Nigeria.
don't waste your time bro, Nigeria can never be great. I once followed this ur line of positivity, but unfortunately it was all ruse. We are a cursed race.

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Sibrah: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I really wish I could show more pictures from my trip but the others had my face in it and I dont wanna show my face. We are really suffering in Africa. I used to be one of those who believe in this continent but I don't anymore. We are living like animals especially here in Nigeria. Nigeria especially is the worse amongst all African countries. Nigeria lacks the basics a country that can't provide electricity nor water for its citizens or even healthcare. In all of Italy, healthcare is free. They live so long. You see so many old people on the street. They get sick they go to the hospital and get treated for free and they got quality healthcare. We got absolutely nothing in Nigeria. I am back to Nigeria now and at the moment I am confused on what I wanna do. Everything here feels so strange and so weird. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering I mean it everyone. You have to really go outside to see how bad it is here.

Anyone that wants to leave Nigeria should do so ASAP. This country and by extension much of sub Sahara Africa will never get better. I mean even Gabon that has so much oil and very few citizens has so much poverty and really shit infrastructure same with equitoreal guinea.

The most painful aspect is that most African leaders travel to this countries regularly and see how things are done here and see how people live like human beings but cannot replicate same in their home nations.

Anyone that has an opportunity to leave Nigeria should waste no time. We are suffering in Nigeria. Life is not all about money quality of life matters too and quality of life in Nigeria is shit real shit.

Bayelsa state should have hinted you about what Gabon would look like. Bayelsa has a relatively small land mass and small population but has an impressive FAAC allocation due to the extra 13% derivation.
Bayelsa owes salary and can't even pay new proposed minimum wage.
They have salty water all around them but can't use heat from flared gas or solar heater to distill it into clean industrial grade and drinkable water.
They have gas in their backyard but can't build a medium sized power plant to help electrify isolated communities.
Winners Chapel built a 15MW plant to feed a 20,000 community at less than N2B in ota and get gas from shell in Lagos so Bayelsa can do it but hasn't.
Don't be surprised pal, even though I haven't gone out like you to see the world out there. I have always seen the pattern from here in Nigeria. It is largely a black man thing.

Some fo.ols here will soon blame buhari or Christianity for our backwardness, just observe closely.

18 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by benuejosh: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

On average, most black people are stupid very stupid. If Africans were not stupid, Africa especially sub Sahara Africa will not be a shithole. Look at Nigeria a black nation of 200 million people. 200 million people with no electricity. 3 years ago some foolish 12 million mugus voted for a brain dead decrepit and you wanna say blacks aren't stupid really Bro lipsrsealed
I understood your points, reasoned alike with you and felt the frustrations in Africa and Nigeria in Particular. But, your sudden change of tune and use of words here almost gave me dislike about your personality. Or where there other motives for the write up? No matter how painful it is, is it wise we always respect our leader atleast with words we use on them. They have not gotten it right and they are also people's parent like you also have. If i may ask, When did democracy start in Nigeria? what were the efforts of those past leaders? what did they do so right that this man came and spoilt everything? while insult a Man who has just gone three years out of the many years others had to change the event of things or lay down foundation for a better country but couldn't? We all feel the frustrations but inasmuch as it is so painful, we should watch our choice of words. Your choice of words here doesn't depicts a person who desirably wants change. Change doesn't come because we insult our leaders. EXCEPT you had a different motive for this post. Our question should be, how do we get the desired leaders? what is our own personal efforts towards a better country? Your post was interesting, we both share in the pains. It was lovely reading your travel experience.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) / Bridge Collapses In Kwara After Heavy Rainfall, Four Feared Dead / Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.