Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss (14395 Views)

Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss / Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate / Unoma Akpabio Blocked From Receiving Aisha Buhari At Akwa Ibom Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Blue3k2: 3:07am On Nov 11, 2018
…BLASTS AKPABIO FOR WASTEFUL, NEPOTIC 8 YEARS

The Executive Director of the Airworthiness of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Engr. Ita Awak, has vowed never to do anything to support the development of the Maintenance, Repairs and Overhaul facilities at the Akwa Ibom International Airport.

The former Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akwa Ibom State broken his silence on the mismanagement of state funds by former Governor Godswill Akpabio, alleging that pathological hatred and monumental betrayals characterized that administration.

Engr. Awak on a Saturday breakfast show on Planet Radio, Community Views, said he was an APC chieftain, and would rather wait till an APC candidate emerges as Governor, before he partners on the airport.

On the committee headed by the progenitor of the airport and former Governor of the State, Obong Victor Attah, who recently submitted its report to Governor Udom Emmanuel, Engr. Awak raged with fury that he was not interested and was not aware.

“Well I don’t know about whatever Governor Udom Emmanuel and Obong Victor Attah are doing concerning the MRO at Akwa Ibom International Airport, I am not in PDP.

“As Executive Director of Airworthiness at the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, I am waiting to see if my good friend Nsima Ekere will become Governor, so we can support him on the MRO.”

Engr Awak, who recently published on his social media account, on the corruption and fraud engulfing the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment project, said that he attacked Akpabio on the Tropicana because of his commitment to accountability by government officials.

According to him, “it is a lesson for every public officer, to know that no matter how long it takes, the stupid decisions you took in power will come back to you.”

He revealed that Sen. Akpabio was running a government of cabal and nepotism, and pledged commitment to support someone who will humanize governance.

“We had an opportunity during Akpabio’s era, but squandered that opportunity. Our commitment is to humanity and not to any person. Akpabio didn’t perform as governor, he wasted all our resources.”

Engr. Awak who also confessed that his party took autocratic decisions during the just concluded primaries in the State, however advised the affected aspirants to accept the party unilateral decisions in good faith.

He disclosed that he and most faithful in Eket senatorial district all supported Otu Ita Toyo for Senate seat, but the party, he said, decided to give the ticket of the party to Senator Nelson Effiong who is the incumbent senator.

He said this is why Mr. Victor Antai who actually bought form for the Senate seat, was in turn given the House of Representatives ticket by the APC in Oron federal constituency.

“I am advising the aspirant who was denied ticket in Oron by the APC, Robinson Edumoh that party has the right to give anybody its ticket. Since party in its wisdom has taken the decision to give the ticket to Victor Antai, he has no choice but to accept it. Party is supreme.”

Recently, Ita Awak on his facebook account had alleged that, “It was the Annang chap called Godswill Obot Akpabio that began and ensured this evil exclusion some ten years ago in 2007; and he did this even after an Oro man, in the person of Chief Otu Ita Toyo, had bent over backwards to help him, against all odds, to emerge governor in 2007.

“Long before the disaster called Godswill Obot Akpabio happened to Akwa Ibom State and people, the core political leadership of the State used to be made up of Ibibio, Annang and Oro people.

“However, when this chap became governor, this changed. For the eight years Akpabio reigned, Annang was governor; Ibibio was deputy governor, SSG, Speaker AKHA, and Chairman of the Ruling Party.

“The cruel hand that Godswill Akpabio dealt the Oro people, the pathological hatred that misguided him to enact a historic and monumental betrayal of the Oro ethnic group in Akwa Ibom State leaves an indelible, evergreen and painful scar in the heart and consciousness of Oro natives that will mar the political relationship between the Annang and Oro for decades to come.

“Lessons from human history and my glimpse into the operation of these divine laws assures me that the evil that Godswill Obot Akpabio ill-advisedly used the privileges and powers of the exalted office of the Governor to do against the Oro people shall not last for too long. It cannot be fair to visit on the Annang the hatred that Akpabio visited on the Oro ethnic group.”

By Umoh-Obong Kingsley

Source: http://9jaecho.com/2018/11/10/why-i-cant-support-akwa-ibom-airport-development-ncaa-boss/
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Caseless: 3:17am On Nov 11, 2018
This report get as e be. Did you dig up an old story? The Awak guy sounded like he's attacking the pdp guys - akpabio inclusive. But akpabio is now in apc.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Blue3k2: 3:43am On Nov 11, 2018
Caseless:
This report get as e be. Did you dig up an old story? The Awak guy sounded like he's attacking the pdp guys - akpabio inclusive. But akpabio is now in apc.

The story was published on 10th which you can see in link. I couldnt find statements before then so cant say this is old news. You can check his Facebook post on comments he made about Akpabio. His disdain for him is deeper than politics.

Lol T'Awak Shakur hit em up. Why would he admit to holding stifling his own state over partisan politics. This also contradicts his earlier Facebook post on issue. Unless he took a few too many sips out the flask I dont understand this.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Caseless: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2018
Blue3k2:

The story was published on 10th which you can see in link. I couldnt find statements before then so cant say this is old news. You can check his Facebook post on comments he made about Akpabio. His disdain for him is deeper than politics.

Lol T'Awak Shakur hit em up. Why would he admit to holding stifling his own state over partisan politics. This also contradicts his earlier Facebook post on issue. Unless he took a few too many sips out the flask I dont understand this.
of course, I was wondering why he's using public office to fight opponents and by extension his own state.
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Omololu001: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2018
Akwa yeebom with all the allocation wey dey flow enter una state
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by gare(f): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2018
Caseless:
of course, I was wondering why he's using public office to fight opponents and by extension his own state.

It is very wrong to use your office to settle personal scores and it goes to show he is not fit for that office, in a sane society he would begin asked to resign or removed from office.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2018
Engr. Awak on a Saturday breakfast show on Planet Radio, Community Views, said he was an APC chieftain, and would rather wait till an APC candidate emerges as Governor, before he partners on the airport.
So because of politics abi? Useless man

Udom is winning, APC can't win Akwa Ibom state

13 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2018
Blue3k2:

Don't mind him. He just displayed his incompetence

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Caseless: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2018
gare:

It is very wrong to use your office to settle personal scores and it goes to show he is not fit for that office, in a sane society he would begin asked to resign or removed from office.
sure. The right thing should be done always.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by NigerDeltan(m): 9:57am On Nov 11, 2018
Oron people are from cameroon
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Blue3k2: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
“As Executive Director of Airworthiness at the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, I am waiting to see if my good friend Nsima Ekere will become Governor, so we can support him on the MRO.”

He's not even the DG of NCAA so he cant make final decisions on project. Anyway this airport project is already 10 years old and the state still hasn't completed things like the MRO, International terminal and cargo operations. Its a huge waste of potential especially when look at bum bump projects that were prioritised over it. The state didn't strike while the iron was hot, now the federal governments is currently trying to build a MRO in Lagos and Abuja instead.

Front Page: Lalasticlala

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Naijawebmaster: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
We have a long way to go in this country.
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by hisexcellency34: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ogun kee you sir
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Caseless: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

So because of politics abi? Useless man

Udom is winning, APC can't win Akwa Ibom state
wee sha see!
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by fashrola(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
Caseless:

He was live on radio on Saturday
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Odingo1: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
NigerDeltan:
Oron people are from cameroon

Not true, they are indigenous in Akwa-Ibom like other tribes, they all related, Efik,Oron,Ibibio,Eket

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Caseless: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
fashrola:

can you imagine?
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Blue3k2: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
fashrola:

Oh you heard the interview. Ive contacted him to confirm the statements. Im also trying to see if the radio station has recording from that day.
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by lezzshyte(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4839717/how-cure-lip-infection-graphic

please guys, im in pains and I really need your help
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Smart3856bwwb: 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
T
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by DankemzI(m): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2018

“We had an opportunity during Akpabio’s era, but squandered that opportunity. Our commitment is to humanity and not to any person. Akpabio didn’t perform as governor, he wasted all our resources.”

This is the same people sabotaging our development as a State.
Good projects to generate revenue and employ the locals are abandoned for frivolous projects.

Apart from oil A'Ibom has no economy excluding civil service, oil is running out of value due to the clamour for clean energy.

It's high time we build right. And build for the future while trying to diversify our economy

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Benekruku(m): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
Meaningless Gibberish
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Bizibi(m): 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hmmmm,na wa
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by mrman401: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
2 DAYS TO GO FOR THE TRAINING THAT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR ICT CAREER AND BUSINESS LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

BE A CROSS PLATFORM MOBILE APP DEVELOPER with IONIC IN 3 WEEKS – GUARANTEED!

Mobile apps are ruling the technology space right now and for those looking to establish a career in this field what better technology to learn than Ionic Framework? This revolutionary mobile app framework combines the power of HTML5 and Angular JS to help build the most sophisticated and interactive mobile apps – iOS and Android!

By the end of this intensive and interactive Ionic framework training, you can start building your own mobile apps., We will start from scratch, familiarizing you with the backbone of Ionic that is Angular JS and then moving onto Ionic fundamentals and services. You will learn by examples of Ionic CSS and JavaScript components, the use of HTML 5 and accessing native apps.

FEES: N30,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N40,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 13TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and Basic Knowledge of JavaScript, CSS and HTML. HOWEVER, if you don’t have the basic web knowledge, we will train you on these at EXTRA VALUE before you can take up the IONIC training at all!

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to Implement MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N40,000!

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by fashrola(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
Blue3k2:

Oh you heard the interview. Ive contacted him to confirm the statements. Im also trying to see if the radio station has recording from that day.

I know he was on live interview session on Saturday, but I couldn't listen to it...

You can contact Planet FM for more details
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by 2buffagain(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
gare:

Imagine openly admitting bias like that.
We need a president who does not think like these old fools and who will have no issues throwing them out when they do such things.
I Dey wait Sowore 2019
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by poiZon: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
Blue3k2:

i listenex to the program.

its true he openly made the entire state realise how foolish n ignorant he is.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by DTeekay(m): 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss by Elendubenjamin: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
Outright nonsense. Because Udom Emmanuel is a PDP governor, you can't support the airport project in your own state. APC have killed this country and come to think of it this man is paid with tax payers money to hinder development. Udom re-election is a sure bet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elections: FG Announces Closure Of Borders / "I Foresaw Kidnapping, Herdsmen Menace" – Fayose / Kwankwaso and team meets with the European Union’s Head of Mission (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.