Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation (31875 Views)

PDP Primaries: Delegates To Receive $50,000 Bribe Each - Sahara Reporters / Court Convicts Farouk Lawan Over $500,000 Bribe / Francis Erhabor: Policeman Who Never Took Bribe In 30 Years Wins IgbereTV Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by RockHard: 3:50am On Nov 11, 2018

Fresh details yesterday indicated that the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole became a target after refusing $500,000 bribe cash from a governor.

The governor wanted the APC chairman to adopt his anointed governorship candidate.

But Oshiomhole insisted on applying the guidelines of the party for primaries.

Also, there were indications that the APC leadership tried its best to strike a fair deal with Governor Rochas Okorocha on a 55-45 per cent basis.

The Imo governor however opted for 100 per cent concession which was unacceptable to APC.

Findings by our correspondent revealed that contrary to allegations, the refusal of Oshiomhole to collect bribes from godfathers and candidates accounted for the plot against him.

It was gathered that many godfathers and governorship candidates were desperate for tickets but Oshiomhole stood his ground that he will not compromise party guidelines.

A top source, who spoke in confidence, said: “At a stage, a governor became agitated and offered Oshiomhole about $500,000 to make sure that his candidate got a governorship ticket.

“The bribe sum was later hauled in cash to Oshiomhole’s office by one of the emissaries of the affected governors. But the APC chairman rejected the bribery.

“What the APC chairman did was to brief some members of the National Working Committee (NWC) on what transpired. He also intimidated some leaders of the party too. The party adhered strictly to its guidelines and the governor’s candidate lost out.

“The governor later turned out to have joined forces in the plot to remove Oshiomhole to teach the APC chairman a lesson. It was surprising to see the governor coordinating nocturnal meetings to sack Oshiomhole.

“The facts and witnesses are there. In the fullness of time, the name of the governor will be released. Maybe when he does not have immunity again, he will pay the price.”

As at press time, it was learnt that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the Department of State Security Service (DSS) to stay away from party affairs and issues.

Also, the President has appealed to those aggrieved among APC governors to sheathe the swords.

A government source said: “The President has waded in the crisis of confidence between the governors and APC national chairman. We expect peace to return to the party. There might also be some reconciliation within the substitution window allowed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“The President has however ordered DSS to avoid dabbling in party affairs. He said if there are petitions about any infraction, they should be sent to appropriate agencies. Buhari was worried that the same challenge which the DSS faced on the arrest of judges had re-occurred.”

Meanwhile, there were indications that the APC leadership did its best to offer a fair deal to Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on the party’s candidates for 2019 poll in the state.

A reliable source said: “Okorocha is respected and loved by most of our leaders but we discovered that he cannot get all he wanted in 2019.

“APC leaders met the governor and it was agreed that as the APC leader in the state, he should go back and do justice.

“We offered him a fair deal. We said he should take 55% of the available seats and concede 45% of elective offices to others in the state. He accepted the deal but he returned to Imo to take 100% control of everything.

“At this point, we have no choice than to leave his fate to APC members to decide. This was why he lost out.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “If Okorocha was keen on his son-in-law as APC governorship candidate, there is nothing bad if he abandons his senatorial ambition.

“What made matter worse was when APC got intelligence report that the proposed running mate to his son-in-law as APC governorship aspirant has been found to be dating another girl in the governor’s family.

“This was why Oshiomhole came out to say he was not elected APC National Chairman to preserve any dynasty. We conceded a lot to Okorocha but he wanted wholesale party machinery in his care to do what he likes.

“If you look at the structure in the state, it is disproportional. Okorocha is the governor, his former Personal Assistant is the Deputy Governor, his son-in-law was a former commissioner and aspiring governorship candidate; his sister is the Deputy Chief of Staff/ Commissioner; the governor has also secured a senatorial ticket and he has given tickets to many loyalists.

“If he defects to any party, none can tolerate such indulgence because it is a mockery of democracy.”

As at press time, it was learnt that APC may still retain the current deputy governor, Eze Madumere as running mate to its governorship candidate, Chief Hope Uzodinma.

“We may give deputy governorship slot to Madumere again,” a top party source added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/primaries-governor-offered-oshiomhole-500000-bribe-in-cash/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 11, 2018
is there any apc supporter out there that can defend feeding one prisoner with 3.5M a month? I mean act like it's true and give a good reason. unfortunately we cannot use the denial card to defend this since lai Muhammed actually said it. some people are asking me for explanation and I have none. or should I play the brainwashed zombie card and ignore in the face of inexplicable stupidity or I should just claim it's a 'lai'? I think I'll just ignore the people asking me. that's what most of you will do to this post anyway. but the most brainwashed ones will still give it a shot...

Modified: like I said the really brainwashed ones will give it a shot. tolguy said the media house that carried it apologised for their lies whereas they apologised for releasing a supposedly off the record remark. then docadams did the one famous one I didn't mention earlier. when they accuse your party of undeniable crime with evidence they ask u of the crimes of your own party without explaining or defending ur accusations. both APC and pdp brainwashed supporters are daft!!!

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by edo3(m): 4:13am On Nov 11, 2018
E no go pass that big nose governor wey him caps dey always wan touch d sky..

If u know u know,, am not a fan of apshit though.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 4:31am On Nov 11, 2018
He also tried to bribe Gulak ... so we known who. Imo people Sorry. Next time stay one place, particularly where your brethren at!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by docadams: 5:30am On Nov 11, 2018
OneSentence:
is there any apc supporter out there that can defend feeding one prisoner with 3.5M a month? I mean act like it's true and give a good reason. unfortunately we cannot use the denial card to defend this since lai Muhammed actually said it. some people are asking me for explanation and I have none. or should I play the brainwashed zombie card and ignore in the face of inexplicable stupidity or I should just claim it's a 'lai'? I think I'll just ignore the people asking me. that's what most of you will do to this post anyway. but the most brainwashed ones will still give it a shot...

Are you sure you are where you want to be. Oshiomole travails is what is being discussed not your next appointment at Yaba left.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by manuelzz(m): 5:40am On Nov 11, 2018
Pure Lies!

Tinubu's newspaper just trying to do damage control and save oshinaole's job!

Thieves!

Meanwhile oshiomole and his foreign investment is chilling in miami beach... cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Rucheen(m): 5:40am On Nov 11, 2018
$
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by kayusely70(m): 5:40am On Nov 11, 2018
RockHard:
http://thenationonlineng.net/primaries-governor-offered-oshiomhole-500000-bribe-in-cash/

OAM4J, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
The governors have become tingods and oshiomhole is on the right path to cut their wings and sanitize the party

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Ironman3(m): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2018
Well done OSHIOMOLE

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Corrinthians(m): 6:07am On Nov 11, 2018
Story.

Next.
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by escodotman: 6:08am On Nov 11, 2018
Too many lies flying around by Oshiomole and his fellow crooks, just to save face from the calamity they've found themselves.

10 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by LOWPEAK: 6:37am On Nov 11, 2018
If he likes let him collect $1,000,000... It's not my business, is it not because some people were not favored this time..?

For only embarrassing that scammer called Okoroawusa, am a happy man and so are Imolites...

God bless Oshobaba for that great heroic act....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Phenotech(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2018
Hmn! Getting more and more interesting.... Meanwhile its my Birthday

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by e7ejinima: 7:15am On Nov 11, 2018
Asiwaju to the rescue.

This is a hatchet job to save Oshiomhole. I don't believe the Nation Newspaper. He collected from others.

Rochas is asking for N400million back. Seriously

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Maxymilliano(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2018
There's always an atom of truth in every rumor.

Adams may not be totally innocent of some of the allegations against him and cannot claim to smell of roses or how else can the DSS, a department within the presidency and under the control of the National Security Adviser, grilled the Chairman of a ruling party for 8 hours, and was even compelled to resign on "mere allegations by disgruntled godfather's" ?

He's acting at the behest of the President, except perhaps the "godfather's" are more powerful than the President as it seem ...

2 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Omeokachie: 7:29am On Nov 11, 2018
If you are discerning, all you need do is check the source and you will know it is all cock and bull story.

Only Tinubu's newspaper got this information? grin

Not everyone feeds on BMC 30k nau cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 11, 2018
docadams:

Are you sure you are where you want to be. Oshiomole travails is what is being discussed not your next appointment at Yaba left.
this is one of them. He has used the age old trick of avoiding the question as usual then bringing up something else as a way of shifting attention. Both you and pdp supporters are brainwashed. I don't even know which one of you lack more sense. who cares about what oshiomole is going through? are they not all the same? is there any pdp or apc politician fighting for his people? is it not for their pockets? yet brainless youths like u will com here and be insulting your generation because of people who don't know u or send u. you will soon have sense.

5 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 11, 2018
APC, party of criminals (just like any other).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by argon500: 7:59am On Nov 11, 2018
See them quoting figure anyhow. Na $500,000 easy to get like that.

Imagine the same Sowore(propanganda) contesting for president of my dear nation.
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2018
Corrinthians:
Story.

Next.
.Good morning sir,
Pls I have a pressing issue as regards my BMC monthly 30k payment for last month..till this moment I'm yet to get my last month payment despite d fact I met d requirement of meeting not less than 500 pro Buhari posts...I've called other crew members and they all confirmed to have received their pay..so I contacted Head office and they gave me ur username to contact u that u are d zonal director in my zone...pls help me in any way u can...I need that money badly...thanks.

11 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by pauljumbo: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2018
Tinubu paper saying this
Anyway it’s ok let our enemies fight

4 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by celeiyke: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by tomsingun4(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2018
Oloriburuku olofo
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by goldenceo1: 8:01am On Nov 11, 2018
Na greediness bring OkoroAwusa downfall. How can you think only about your family cycle, Rochas expect Hope Uzodima to loose governorship and senate to him and his inlaw Nwosu.

I celebrate the relegation of cry cry baby Rochas in IMO state!

2 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by loadedvibes: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2018
E dey like l say I go be party Chairman o.. Half a million dollars chai

1 Like

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by OhiOfIhima: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2018
Okorocha is a clown after his massive embezzlement of the Imo treasury. He is trying so much to install his son Inlaw. He has already failed.. This man need to be jail.

3 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by jchioma: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2018
Na the one e go confess be dis.

OshiomOle... Baba of the boys.
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Kennedy94(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2018
the end of apc is nigh

pay your suppliers in china faster...

check my siggy

1 Like

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by CyberWolf: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2018
angry
Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by Nbote(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2018
Summary Is, APC is a den of Thieves

4 Likes

Re: Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation by sureheaven(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2018
Wailers have started their journey of mourning against Oshomole.

Oshiomole, can’t submit more than a name in a state for the position of governor.
He can’t submit more than a name for the position of a senator in one senatorial district.
He can submit more than a name for the position of REP in one constituency.

Others that lost out shld learn how to accept defeat and move on.

If U like, let the water that comes from ur eyes causes erosion, Oshiomole is the national chairman of APC and nothing can change it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello's Advisers Who Resigned Joined Dino Melaye's Camp,pose With Him(pix / President Buhari In Katsina For Ramadan (photos) / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.