Stats: 3,143,152 members, 7,780,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:42 AM

Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. (259 Views)

For those battling the fear of DEATH And SUICIDE / Should A Spirit Filled Believer Succumb To Depression And Suicide? / Pastor Andrew Stoeklein Commits Suicide In California, Battled With Depression (2) (3) (4)

Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. by pressplay411(m): 6:35am On Nov 11, 2018
People commit suicide for various reasons.
But the common denominator is Depression.
People are also depressed for various reasons but the common denominator is the Bitterness which is Absence of Joy.
Also people are bitter for various reasons but the common denominator is Hopelessness.

Statistics around the world show that suicide rate is high. So much so that recently UK appointed a Minister for Suicide Prevention.

But have they been able to prevent it? And have they been able to solve it.
It is obvious that at some point something ctitucally went wrong that causes this spike in suicide rate.

It is not news that the UK and US governments at some point became anti-religion, and consequently anti-God and anti-Christ. Enacting laws and implementing sanctions against religion and especially against the church.
They literally chased God away from their schools, offices and even the media. Unless it's a Christian station, the names Jesus and God were bleeped. All in the disguise of freedom. They chose freedom to live in sin over the freedom from sin that is in Religion, especially in Christ Jesus.

There's a popular axiom that says, Life without Christ is a life of Crises.
Re: Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. by pressplay411(m): 5:12am On Nov 12, 2018
Like I stated earlier, the cause of Suicide is Hopelessness.
You wonder why a celebrity would commit suicide?
Why a rich man's kid (ajebo) or oyinbo pikin will commit suicide?
Why a lady or guy will commit suicide over heart break!
Why a debtor (Lapo/grooming/bank) would commit suicide? Etc
Why a student would commit suicide in his final year

It is simply a loss of hope.

So the big question becomes, What is the cause of Hopelessness?
Re: Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. by pressplay411(m): 5:12am On Nov 12, 2018
Hope is what we have in Christ.
When you build your hope on anything or anyone else, it is not a solid ground.
Only Christ is the solid ground.
People can fail you, money can fail you, your education can fail you, etc But Jesus Christ never fails.

What is Christianity?
It is simply defined as the Way of Faith.

Now faith is the substance of things HOPED for, the evidence of things unseen.

When you come into Christ, He gives you REST.
You experience an inexpressible Joy and Peace. We can't explain it, but it's our inheritance in Christ.
We are no longer controlled by the cares, worries or anxieties of life, we have a confidence that God is in control of our lives.
And His thoughts for us are Good.
Re: Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. by pressplay411(m): 5:13am On Nov 12, 2018
Remember our soul (mind, thoughts) is what this life is all about, who controls our soul?
The devil tries to corrupt our soul with wrong thoughts.
He tries to corrupt the Glorious Vision that God created us for.
If we do not know and grow in Christ, how can we know our Vision and purpose without the Holyspirit?

As long as we keep attuning to the Word of God and grow in intimacy with the Holyspirit, we will certainly know our Purpose and never Lack vision again.
Re: Depression And Suicide: Cause, Effect, Prevention And Solution. by pressplay411(m): 5:16am On Nov 12, 2018
HOW TO DEAL WITH DEPRESSION
There are medical, psycho-therapeutic and Christian ways to deal with depression.
But I can only guarantee a permanent solution in Christ.

There's a reason the pharmaceutical coys in US and globally are making a fortune off Antidepressants.
People keep treating depression medically but it keep coming back till they become over-dependent on medication. If care is not taken, they still end up committing suicide

There's a reason Brewery industry is making a fortune.
People think they can drink away their sorrows.
But they only end up becoming alcoholics and drunkards and if care is not taken they abuse their spouses and worse still could drink and drive and this leads to DUI,etc.

There's a reason Tobacco and Drugs industry is unstoppable globally.
People want to just drift away, not think about a thing.
They want to silent their thoughts and demons.
But unfortunately, this also resorts to drug abuse and if care is not taken, madness among other things.

Some people immerse themselves in their work so that they won't have time to be depressed.
Unfortunately this also does not being fulfillment.
Some of the richest most successful business men/women to have been known to be battling depression or even commit suicide.

So only Christ can give you a long-lasting abundant and eternal life of Peace. Only His Word can save our souls.

But one wonders why not all Christians are immune to Suicide.
I believe it is as a result of grieving the Holyspirit.

Either they have not received the Holy Spirit or they keep grieving the Holyspirit.

As long as one has true communion with the Holyspirit, Trusts and Obeys the Word of God, I it builds Faith, builds Hope.
Depression would be completely obliterated and decimated.❌

Steps To Take Immediately:

Walk with God. Confess your sins and Accept Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Saviour.
Don't be idle. Keep yourself busy by being in His presence.

Choose to know God through Jesus Christ, not because of a miracle, but to understand Him for who He is. Matthew 6:33.

-Foundation class
-Weekly services
-Department duties
-Study and meditate on the Word.
Choose to change sonething, according to the word of God. It starts by changing from an unbeliever to a believer. Changing from not going to church to fellowshipping more. Changing by replacing a sinful habit with a Godly habit, etc.

You will be so occupied with knowing Christ, you won't know when He has not only helped you overcome depression but also things will start working in your favour. Although challenges will come, people with offend you even within the church, it is all to help you grow, make you more humble and determine how serious you are.

Also you will need to cut off some people from your life. Those who keep pulling you back to sin and those who keep making fun of your new life.
When you're grown enough you can share your testimony with then and pray for their salvation too.

I know these because these is all what I went through.
I have not experienced depression since I gave my life to Christ. He delivered me completely.
All Thanks, Glory and Praises to the Most High God.
God help us all.

The Root Of All Evil By Pastor Paul Adefarasin / Happy Birthday Our Jesus / Sheikh Muhammad Ali Jabata Khutbah Jumuah-29/12/18