Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? (4844 Views)

Why Judaism Has More In Common With Islam Than Christianity / Why Islam Is Far Far More Reasonable And Nearer To The Truth Than Christianity / This Is Why Occultism/Atheism May Be More Popular Than Christianity In Few Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by HappyPagan: 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
Daeylar:

grin grin grin grin
Long time. cheesy
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by HappyPagan: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I don't think religious people are stupid. I just think they have not really examined the issue.

I am not atheist. In fact I attended Salvation Ministries today. I am just not religious and to answer your question; I believe there is something greater.
To expand:
I believe in a Timeless, Infinitely Intelligent First Cause. I think religions in their many guises are the products of man's feeble attempts to explain this Cause. Reminds me of the story of the 7 blind men trying to describe an elephant.

You in PH?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by mendii(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
come to think of these
if there's no supreme beign will there be evil,will someone demand for soul in exchange of fame and fourtune
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
TissuePaper:
NwaAmaipke desepiero ranchoddass solutionmee

You guys have proven to be very intelligent people, thumbs up
Sure they are. But what about me? I'm the only dummy in the mix right grin?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Ranchhoddas: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
HappyPagan:

You in PH?
At the moment!
Yes!

That Ibiyeomie guy get mouth well well.

It's easy to see why people fall over themselves for him!

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by TissuePaper: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
computergeek:
you are equally outstanding, why do you think they'll take your ideas seriously if you weren't making some good points, keep it up.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by HappyPagan: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
At the moment!
Yes!

That Ibiyeomie guy get mouth well well.

It's easy to see why people fall over themselves for him!
no be small. those billboards he put around the city rape logic. silly taglines that make no meaning..

i dey PH sha... GRA side..

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by lilmax(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
without God there's no atheism grin

like you can't be an atheist without acknowledging God exist first grin

you cannot be in this "religious" section parading yourself as atheist

the Moment I had these thoughts ended all arguments between moi and atheists

through these do you still call atheist learned? cheesy
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Daeylar(f): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
HappyPagan:

Long time. cheesy
It's been a while cheesy
How you been?

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Daeylar(f): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Your thread is quite colourful but I am afraid it is lacking in substance.

It can be summarized thus: The atheist argument is more logical, he seems to be smarter than my peers and I but I choose to cling to Christianity nonetheless. I will continue to ignore the gaping holes he has poked in my worldview and will continue to sing Ave Maria.

Simply put. She basically asked and answered her own question, she is comfortable in the fact that she doesn't know and she doesn't want to nor make any effort to know.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordFriar: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by HappyPagan: 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Daeylar:

It's been a while cheesy
How you been?
I'm fine. Finally getting some good flow in my life.

Hope you good too.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Ranchhoddas: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
HappyPagan:

no be small. those billboards he put around the city rape logic. silly taglines that make no meaning..

i dey PH sha... GRA side..
I know someone that literally worships that man.
I sneered when he claimed that he would raise billionaires in 6 months if he was taken to Haiti.
Na wash!

I don't know PH very well. I be JJC.

I am at Agip, Rumeme.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Ranchhoddas: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
Daeylar:

Simply put. She basically asked and answered her own question, she is comfortable in the fact that she doesn't know and she doesn't want to nor make any effort to know.
I think she's scared of making the effort.
The thing wey you no know no fit wound you!

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Martinez39(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
To pose such intelligent questions and still think God is justified speaks greatly of your self-centered nature, nativity and/or insensitive. Which is(are) it?

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Martinez39(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
lilmax:

SMH
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by tollyboy5(m): 6:10am On Nov 12, 2018
computergeek:
Haha! Compuca gink grin I just sey I shud check ur profile gan. No one woke up and became an atheist and there are no pure atheist. I serve God fasted work at redemption camp and read my bible but some things made me study more and it was as if I was in the pool of nowhere, though I’m still in coma... smiley I can’t tell you much because na wetin go put food on my table I dey about now. Gone are the days we explain things till religious men get confused. I beg you don’t do our kind of research oO! But if you want OYO Lo wa. Study your history very well no riligion just appeared they have striking similarities to previous ones link them till you get to Egypt. The origin of the Bible the occult of old king James hidden books while was some scroll selected. How did Israel and Egypt became white wen Jesus was a negro. Then demystify ancient Egyptian myth Sumerians myth the other world myth. And come back to physic where strange things are being proven time as illusion everything is just interpretation of light and our speed. Quantum physics that tells about parallel universe etc. just do this research with one year and I’ll see how strong your fate would be. This world is very complex to unddrstand. I don’t want to be a sadist but I’m not happy the only thing we could do is just build tech and don’t debate I’ve gone too far that I can’t explain or debate.

2 Likes

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lalasticlala please what is so wrong with this wonderful thread that it couldn't make FP?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 14, 2018
Religion is against learning and knowledge. Religion is against questioning. I'm surprised someone is asking between indoctrination/dogmatism and research and knowledge which is more intelligent.

NwaAmaikpe I agree with most of your points about African religion being the religion of Africans. At least, Africans deserve their own delusion and self deception of their own without subjecting ourselves to the self deception of our colonizers - yes, religion is nothing but self deception of their founders and they try very hard to rationalize it and most of the times, use force and death threats to impose it on people. And yes, all religions were spread through conquest and imposition and religion started as a result of the ignorance of the earliest men. These men being so ignorant deified every unexplainable occurrence or phenomenon around them that's how the worship of rains, sun, moon etc started.

Before you believe any religion, it's important to question the foundation and what their laws are based. What is the origin of the Bible? I've researched I'm this and only a self delusionary person would know what I know about the Bible and still attend churches.

It doesn't take believe to be an unbeliever. I know logic can be skewed but let's apply common sense. I'm not an atheist. I don't know if that word exist except atheist is the new name for some that uses his common sense and question irrationally and illogical concepts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by frank317: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2018
computergeek:
They are accepting these things not because they are Christians, but because they are human. Every human being has his own intellect and level of reasoning. As a person, I will never allow someone to do such stupid things to me. Never. I doubt if I even will under the influence of the charms I'm sure they use. Many more people wouldn't. Many others would.
What I'm trying to say is that, not all Christians are brain-washed. Some know the real deal.

The same way there are many atheists who believe in crap and allow crap to be done to them too.

stop contradicting urself. if u say they accept these things because they are human, then why are u, who is also human, not acceptin it? if u say accepting these things are human traits are u not an example that they are not? the fact that u dont accept it shows others who accepting it are not doing so because they are humans.

believe is what makes them accept these things and christianity is the reason. u as a christian, also fall prey of the stupidity they preach in ur own church,

3 Likes

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by frank317: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Atheists are more learned than we Christians.
That's just the undeniable fact.
More than 90% of the population of atheists worldwide are learned and highly educated set of individuals. Most of them are autodidacts and predominantly polymaths. They are crossdisciplinarian peeps that engaged in vigorous research across all scientific fields all in the quest to gain a momentum knowledge in this controversial and ever challenging world. Truth is that, we live in an experienceable natural world. A dangerous universe with harsh cosmic realities. To diagnose the mystery of the universe requires scientific evaluation with empirical evidence. The question is that how many of these evidence do we Christians posses before making unjustifiable and superficial consequent? All we do is to use our so called supersensory knowledge to reach out to baseless postulate. With our limited mind, we've already agreed that their must a designer for the complexity behind the Cosmo. Who then is the creator of God since every complex intelligent design is assumed to have a creator/designer? Many of us gave our life to Christ after hearing 2 hours message in church. We went for alter call, gave our life to Jesus and immediately concluded that Jesus created everything in the universe while stylishly dodging the posing question behind his very own existence. With limited findings, interrogation and precision in research, should I then conclude that 2 hours message inaccurately exploited our minds and emotions inadvertently. Whereas, it cost an average atheist nothing less than a year before being an agnostic not to talk of being an atheist. Based on the two isolated approach, I believe that you all can spot the difference and the rationale behind the atheists move. Not as clueless as we Christians.
Apart from being learned, it takes people with real and exceptional courage to directly face reality without relying much on myths, supernatural folklores and metaphysical manipulations for existential alteration. Many of us are Christians solely because we can't face reality. We are Christians because we can't face our fears. We take delight by hiding them under the umbrella of our faith and under the canopy of religion.
Another thing is that atheism gives an intellectually honest person the emotional effrontery and metal ability to learn, unlearn and relearn. This is in contrast to the religious faith which poses a threat and higher risk of being irrelevant and discarded when its authority are doubted, challenged and susceptible to interrogation and realism. The Christian faith for example want us to believe in its ideology and alleged truth irrespective of its inconsistency with the known dimensions of reality surrounding us. The Christian faith is dogmatic, opinionated and dictatorial. Atheism on the other hand is very transparent and such transparency will attract any reasonable human. Smart people are mostly full of doubts while foolish people are always certain of themselves.
This is a natural world and it is always expected of us to approach life on earth in the natural way. It makes no sense for a person to be living a supernatural life in a natural world. That's not just the norm. That's more like breaking protocols.
Respects to all atheists out there.
We Christians dey always envy your boldness towards life and it's hidden fears.

wow... this is one of the most intelligent writeup i have seen on nairaland. so honest and bold and perfectly written. u deserve a medal for this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
My nonbelief does not make me feel more intelligent, it just made me exposed to more information. A person with more information always seems more superior to the one with less.

2 Likes

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
frank317:

stop contradicting urself. if u say they accept these things because they are human, then why are u, who is also human, not acceptin it? if u say accepting these things are human traits are u not an example that they are not? the fact that u dont accept it shows others who accepting it are not doing so because they are humans.

believe is what makes them accept these things and christianity is the reason. u as a christian, also fall prey of the stupidity they preach in ur own church,
Ability to comprehend what one has read is a gift many do not have, and they do not know they do not have it...
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by frank317: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
computergeek:
Ability to comprehend what one has read is a gift many do not have, and they do not know they do not have it...

Chairlady, its as easy as ABC.

This are ur words" they are accepting these things not because they are Christians but because they are human"

And I am telling u that if they are accepting these things because they are human, then u should. People don't accept things because they are human but because of what they believe. People are actually what they accept. Those people are Christians that's why they accept those things... U are Christian that's why u accept that one Jewish man born thousands of years ago is ur God and saviour. U as christian (not human) will accept what is preached in ur church. Those people as Christians will accept that a pastor steps on them because that's what's preached in their church.

I hope its clearer now.

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
frank317:

Chairlady, its as easy as ABC.

This are ur words" they are accepting these things not because they are Christians but because they are human"

And I am telling u that if they are accepting these things because they are human, then u should. People don't accept things because they are human but because of what they believe. People are actually what they accept. Those people are Christians that's why they accept those things... U are Christian that's why u accept that one Jewish man born thousands of years ago is ur God and saviour. U as christian (not human) will accept what is preached in ur church. Those people as Christians will accept that a pastor steps on them because that's what's preached in their church.

I hope its clearer now.
Chairman, what I meant by they are human is that our intellectual abilities and common senses are different as humans. They are not duty-bound by Christianity to allow rubbish to be done to them, but their individual choices as "humans" is what is making them accept the rubbish. I'm human too, but I know not allow nonsense to be done to me.

Hope it's clearer now.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by frank317: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
computergeek:
Chairman, what I meant by they are human is that our intellectual abilities and common senses are different as humans. They are not duty-bound by Christianity to allow rubbish to be done to them, but their individual choices as "humans" is what is making them accept the rubbish. I'm human too, but I know not allow nonsense to be done to me.

Hope it's clearer now.

Lol...ain't u amazed when u see human act like they are being controlled with a remote?

A Muslim will strap bomb and kill others because of belief.
A christian married woman will allow a pastor sleep with her because of belief.
A christian will give his money to "God' because of believe while people around him suffer
A christian will bow to image of " Mary" because of belief
A pagan will bow to a horrible looking sculpture because of belief.
A Christian will allow a man step on him because of belief...

They are not really stupid... What they believe in is stupid.

You are not duty bound as christian to allow a man step on u, but u are duty bound to bow to an unknown image called Mary. U are duty bound yo believe that one being u have never seen before is ur father and creator and he has created a mansion for u after u die...

Remind me again.. What's the difference between u and people who allow their pastor step on them. Don't worry, I will tell u.... Wait for it..,.......,.......they allow their pastor step on their body, u allow ur reverend father step on ur brain.

5 Likes

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Liveair: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
lilmax:

Actually, I think this logic is empirically flawed.
It isn't the existence of God that informed the presence of atheists, rather, its the existence of a Believe in God that provides that.

2 Likes

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Blakjewelry(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
[quote author=computergeek post=72867619][/quote]
my take is not all atheism rise from the questions you have raised up there. some raise from historical knowledge, some scientific knowledge why other both the combination of two or all of the above.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by PapiFlin(m): 5:27am On Nov 15, 2018
lipsrsealed

My own take.....atheism is prolly a religion man practices out of his own unbelief of the existence of a supreme being/his belief he has attained a certain level of knowledge to exclude the facts put forward by those who practice other religions....to me that's some ol' bullsh*t.....I've met some atheist and fvck they're brilliant....My first question I usually ask is this, would you clearly say all the terrible men who walked on the surface of the earth(the stalins, hitlers, amins, pol pots e.t.c. )would die and be answerable to NO ONE for the havoc they wrecked on mankind...come on son....look what you people mostly have issues is the people who are religious heads and the (sometimes) nonsense they shove down the throat of it's followers. ...it's just preying on man's stupidity for their selfish gains
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by PapiFlin(m): 5:33am On Nov 15, 2018
science and man's knowledge has evolved beyond tremendous heights throughout history and it's yet to create a perfectly functional being...be it plant or animal.....just look at nature...soak it in....eliminate anything man made from nature and see how perfect it is....and you'll tell me a series of spontaneous chemical/biological reactions resulted in it. ..resulted in me being alive...Tufiakwa

I'm a Catholic to the cartilage and I believe in her doctrines....The most ultimate of Christ's teachings is LOVE.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2018
PapiFlin:
lipsrsealed

My own take.....atheism is prolly a religion man practices out of his own unbelief of the existence of a supreme being/his belief he has attained a certain level of knowledge to exclude the facts put forward by those who practice other religions....to me that's some ol' bullsh*t.....I've met some atheist and fvck they're brilliant....My first question I usually ask is this, would you clearly say all the terrible men who walked on the surface of the earth(the stalins, hitlers, amins, pol pots e.t.c. )would die and be answerable to NO ONE for the havoc they wrecked on mankind...come on son....look what you people mostly have issues is the people who are religious heads and the (sometimes) nonsense they shove down the throat of it's followers. ...it's just preying on man's stupidity for their selfish gains

You need to put that thought out of your head, atheism is not a religion.

Its unfortunate but that is the nature of the universe, the universe don't care about an insignificant population of enlightened ape creatures. If you and I do not care about justice, nobody will, death is final with no god or devil meting out rewards or punishments. It may not be a pleasing prospect but there it is, that is reality.

PapiFlin:
science and man's knowledge has evolved beyond tremendous heights throughout history and it's yet to create a perfectly functional being...be it plant or animal.....just look at nature...soak it in....eliminate anything man made from nature and see how perfect it is....and you'll tell me a series of spontaneous chemical/biological reactions resulted in it. ..resulted in me being alive...Tufiakwa

I'm a Catholic to the cartilage and I belief in her doctrines....The most ultimate of Christ's teachings is LOVE.

LoL, if you think nature is perfect then you probably have never been in a raw jungle, where the slightest mistake would get you killed. If man had not tamed nature you think your life expectancy would be high? The vast majority of this universe is hostile to life so you really need to reevaluate what you mean by nature being perfect.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive / The Deep Secrets Behind Miscarriages / Another Revelation By A Female Member Of COZA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.