Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test (20774 Views)

Yahoo To Layoff Its Workforce / COVID-19: 20% Of Full-time Nigerian Workforce Lost Employment In 2020— UNDP/NBS / Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by lawalosky(m): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2018
heard the news from a close friend... my chidi at ppmc department, nnpc towers..
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by obonujoker(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2018
mapet:

Re: the underlined, can I advise you tell your school to organize an excursion/site-visit to NNPC........so that you don't make gaffes like these

Other professions there are just there to make up the number..biko...as we know only one profession can't run a successful business or industry
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2018
A nigga once said:their are two things involved.is either they are opening more space to put theirs' or the economy just started hitting on them..

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by erasmus101: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2018
with due process you agree with me that this 500 workers will be houses, they prefer low marks in terms of gaining admission into unity school but at end they will be ones incharged of top government Parrastatal
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Assassin101: 10:48am On Nov 12, 2018
ultra-maximum wage, plus mouth-watering fringe benefits

Rexnegro:
please do nnpc pay salary using minimum wage?
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2018
theoldpretender:
Just one more thing....

Most of the comments on this thread can be put as follows...

1.NNPC is sacking Southerners.

2.NNPC is made up of people who were appointed by conncections and without merit. (If it was, NNPC would have long since collapsed).

3.NNPC should be recruiting people like me.

At the end of the day...

1.Most Nigerians want to work for Government. In nice office jobs. Creating employment is alien to them.

2.Nigerians also like to make coments without backing by facts.

We got to change.
Quick question pls. So is the NNPC in good standing? Hasn't it already collapsed? Cos i think institutions can actually 'collapse' before they really collapse. one very good, recent example comes to mind.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by IbrahimDamola: 10:50am On Nov 12, 2018
I heard Buhari's daughter also failed the test but buhari insisted that she must remain there.

Chei dumbness runs in the booharri family.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by theoldpretender(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2018
Gilbertase:
Quick question pls. So is the NNPC in good standing? Hasn't it already collapsed? Cos i think institutions can actually 'collapse' before they really collapse. one very good, recent example comes to mind.

I don't know...but the fact is that NNPC is still operating, still having the lines of supply working, etc..shows that it has not yet collapsed. (At least , with all the corruption in there...it is better than Venezuela's PDVSA...once one of the best in the world).

Anyway,most of the 'complaints about jobs in the NNPC' are usually about clerical jobs....not the technical jobs which need actual qualificaitons and experience.

NNPC's problem is that it is run as a typical Federal government agency, not as the private company it should be. That is why it is not performing. Then the whole oil subsidy thing is making them to throw away billions in money on subsidising mostly imported fuel...preventing them from making investments in refineries and other infrastructure, and allowing corrupt practices to follow.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by darqly(m): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Nbote:
Dat one na their problem... How will dey pass ordinary promotion tests wen dey were all employed thru d back door... We all know NNPC and CBN recruitments are reserved for children and relatives of d political class and their partners in affluence most of which didn't follow due process...

If truth be told, this is the foundation of the problem. People being employed not based on competence, but on "letters" from oga. This is the same dearth of competence faced by several MDAs and even the armed forces and intelligence services. Why are our officers and men in NA getting thrashed on a daily basis by BH and herdsmen? Plenty of them, asides being unfit, have zero passion for the jobs they're doing. If NNPC was a private company, it'd have been shuttered down years ago and top management jailed for mismanagement and misappropriation.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by davidodiba(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2018
To be filled by Northern Muslims am sure
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Nbote:
Dat one na their problem... How will dey pass ordinary promotion tests wen dey were all employed thru d back door... We all know NNPC and CBN recruitments are reserved for children and relatives of d political class and their partners in affluence most of which didn't follow due process...

Nice one bro.. if this can happen what about zahra. Rumour has been said about Zahra buhari collecting N6.5 million from NNPC monthly?? is She a staff of NNPC or is still the back door things..
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by paix(m): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2018
Rexnegro:
please do nnpc pay salary using minimum wage?
No, it's slightly more than that, it's 18,500 naira per month.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by lavenjcrown(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
Abeg o, make them no try this one o. I still dey enjoy my Depot manager for Satellite, Lagos state.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by mapet: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Other professions there are just there to make up the number..biko...as we know only one profession can't run a successful business or industry

Haba!

Now you're really doing yourself in. I advise you to keep KWAYET! Your lack of exposure came transparently through.....
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by efighter: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
Weeding out Southerners i guess undecided

Not all Southerners my friend but South-Eastern Biafran pigs and idiots.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
Edodefender:
I'm very sure 89% of the people turned down are southerners with majority been south south..

Just like they stole all oil wells in the south and Buhari government drove all southerners from federal position..

I wonder if the north would allow Nigeria be one if the oil was found there..

Useless parasitic region, I hope you'll get nuke someday
Useless people like you still remain on Earth?
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Seankay323: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
Some NNPC workers work more than multinationals for less pay. let's be honest how many nnpc staff do u hear that can sponsor 4 kids abroad without corruption?. To start with dey dont get paid enough except when u get to managerial level after like 20years or so. A lot of them get killed on duty from experience. When there's is pipeline break or vandalism do you think its Total staff that repair them? Also you are right tribalism exist in NNPC chai , if you have Hausa boss all hausa must enjoy during his/her term. But the connect u can have working there is crazy. Governor can be your close friend. Only strong men work there o u can't be ajebo at all... U can't work for NNPC and not be street smart because u would have worked all over Nigeria at one point. See as they give kachukwu level u want to come and spoil business for boys wey don almost die for duty , dis no be Mobil o some NNPC staff no get AC for office sef.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by obonujoker(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
mapet:

Haba!

Now you're really doing yourself in. I advise you to keep KWAYET! Your lack of exposure came transparently through.....

Hope you know the main purpose of NNPC??
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by mapet: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Hope you know the main purpose of NNPC??

Tell me..... grin Tell me what I don't know about NNPC grin
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by obonujoker(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
mapet:

Tell me..... grin Tell me what I don't know about NNPC grin

I know you work there na.. hope you know without engineers, NNPC won't work properly... even you as a safety officer still need Engineers... NNPC should be more of engineers, coz without engineers pointing out things to you, I wonder what there is to regulate.. ..
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by objobj: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
Edodefender:
we know all these Na..

Do you know the money meant for bayelsa project was directed to Katsina by Buhari..

Better support Atiku and let's take our money and future back

So it's buhari that did not make Jonathan complete nlng brass projevtproject?
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by NoToPile: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
What happened to the 2012 recruitment exercise? The one that the test was written late 2014.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by guji12(m): 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2018
500 pple sacked nd u wee never hear there's recruitment..naija
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by PierreAbutu(m): 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by akanbiaa(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
Weeding out Southerners i guess undecided
More like weeding out the loyal PDP connection slot who got the job before APC came in and they need to be replaced by APC loyalist before an unpredictable elections comes. But seems the PDP did not hire those who were average and above average but below average, an above average person will scale thru what ever test.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by akanbiaa(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
NoToPile:
What happened to the 2012 recruitment exercise? The one that the test was written late 2014.
Most juiciest and best of jobs in Nigeria are gotten thru pure connection without rigors of test or interviews but submission of credentials and CV when needed and documentation follows and work don begin be that, the legal name for it is replacement and even when here is general recruitment they still do it to favor those that will be useful to them.
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by akanbiaa(m): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
Seankay323:
Some NNPC workers work more than multinationals for less pay. let's be honest how many nnpc staff do u hear that can sponsor 4 kids abroad without corruption?. To start with dey dont get paid enough except when u get to managerial level after like 20years or so. A lot of them get killed on duty from experience. When there's is pipeline break or vandalism do you think its Total staff that repair them? Also you are right tribalism exist in NNPC chai , if you have Hausa boss all hausa must enjoy during his/her term. But the connect u can have working there is crazy. Governor can be your close friend. Only strong men work there o u can't be ajebo at all... U can't work for NNPC and not be street smart because u would have worked all over Nigeria at one point. See as they give kachukwu level u want to come and spoil business for boys wey don almost die for duty , dis no be Mobil o some NNPC staff no get AC for office sef.
All what you said is understood but not as worse as Kaduna Primary school recruitment that employed some PhD holders for 30k per month and a lot of degree and masters holders married and some with children surviving on a 15k or less private school salary per month.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Employees Got Pay Increase After Subsidy Removal – KPMG / Protest As INTELS Sacks Over 700 Workers Without Benefits / My Life As A Teacher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.