Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,472 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King (63431 Views)

African Tradition: Meet The Machina Emirate, Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / Real Estate Mogul Adron Homes GMD Pays Homage To New Olubadan / Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by JohnFrankling(m): 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Briteiyobo1(m): 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
Abi Lalala is from this community?
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
Lalasticlala's village
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Expensive2000(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
I will kill it n nothing will happen!
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Sultty(m): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
Lala's food is being worshipped I repeat it's being worshipped. no snake pepper soup today abort mission

1 Like

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Edmen(m): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
a friend has told me about this same community before..He was posted there during service. .He said when they got to the palace, a very big snake came out to welcome them..so big that he felt the snake was going to swallow them..but the snake just went rounded them and went back Inside. .He said at night time you would hear the snake making a sound that it's a form of protector for the community. .you can't steal and run away..mehn things re happening In this country

4 Likes

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
Amah70:
What is the average life span in this community - please.

An animal is an animal. A snake is a snake. You should know wharaimean.

Indians revere snakes. Snakes hardly bite Indians. But deaths from snake bites is among the highest in India.
Snakes hardly bite them and death caused by snake bite is high, What point are u trying to make
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by koolpal(m): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
foto of bowing or.....
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Daviestunech(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
neroflo:
NIGERIA IS KUKUMA AN ANIMAL KINGDOM

NAMADI KANU IS A KOALA grin grin grin

Cownu koala ke

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by bizhop01: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
Snake Kingdom
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by oddoood: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
DQ94:
no, the pic was uploaded on the Ashewo thread https://www.nairaland.com/2536003/ashewo-beer-parlour-share-ashewo/3762

Oh boy! So there's a thread for sharing nude on nairaland. And I dey dull since
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by emmaitive(m): 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
this people dont even like good things
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
Amah70:
What is the average life span in this community - please.

An animal is an animal. A snake is a snake. You should know wharaimean.

Indians revere snakes. Snakes hardly bite Indians. But deaths from snake bites is among the highest in India.

Royalty are known for thier strong juju. Those things no be "ordinary" snake. but I still find it awesomely interesting the way the snakes will come close to you & still won't harm you. that community is wonderful try visiting it atleast once
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Deltatoto: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Abdulsalaam9(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hmmmmm, i dey fear oooooooo, but Lala right now sha, i knw say e go don dey target how he go go to that town to go and spend d next holiday
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by olajazz(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
ManirBK:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/machina-emirate-where-snakes-pay-homage-to-king.html?

All this Note just because of snake embarassed
Don't spoil my brain please

1 Like

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Deltatoto: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Kingv:
Superstitious belief
mo go fkkk o I lived der
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Deltatoto: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Chosen1984:
Machina that year!!
Yobe corper I greet!

2006/2007 batch b

We were told that there was no Network available in Machina! Only the Emir had a Thuraya phone! And he gave it to the corpers to use when the need arises!!

Really had a good time with the Northerners back then. They are one of the very Homely people you could be with!

But the Jihadist and Extremists are Destroying the good Northerners and their good deeds!
god bless u bro I’m a kanama corper far far yunusari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by ameh99: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
I believe this maybe lala ancestoral home town...

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
We from idemilli revere pythons too.

No biggy

2 Likes

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hmm. All these tales are lies to keep worshiping idol.
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by Olodo24: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
ManirBK:
Hmmm i de pity them.
One day monkey go go market him mama no go see am again!
na stubborn fly dey follow corpse enter grave na
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by martineverest(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
OKOATA:
Nigerians with their superstitious believes. If I catch their snake na pot straight. God punish satan
talk is cheap....y u no go the village go kill the snake and see what will happe
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by ManirBK: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
Lalasticlala's village
Many are saying lala village pls i need to know more i mean lalasticlala vs snake?
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by rame18(f): 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
the day Boko Haram will visit that community thats the day I will understand who the protector is, at the moment there are still stupid with their crazy superstitious believe.
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by kunmiiii: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Snakes hardly bite them and death caused by snake bite is high, What point are u trying to make

Me sef confuse when I read the comment!!

Seriously!!?? what's the point

2 Likes

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by iomoge2(f): 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
Chosen1984:
Machina that year!!
Yobe corper I greet!

2006/2007 batch b

We were told that there was no Network available in Machina! Only the Emir had a Thuraya phone! And he gave it to the corpers to use when the need arises!!

Really had a good time with the Northerners back then. They are one of the very Homely people you could be with!

But the Jihadist and Extremists are Destroying the good Northerners and their good deeds!

Yobe corper
I return your greetings
2008/2009 batch A

I remember how the emir comes to pick 12corpers.
He takes the best of the best
One in every profession
He has this tall and very black Yoruba man that refused to go home
That year was his 9th year in the kingdom

Machina
That town that is 9hours away from Potiskum.
The land without a clear cut road
The land only compass could lead you to

Why were they silent about the sand dunes and wall of protection it gives the town?
How the sand can move from point a to point b in a sec.

They didn’t even mention how the snake comes out to seat on a throne.
Plenty plenty thinng

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by ManirBK: 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
rame18:
the day Boko Haram will visit that community thats the day I will understand who the protector is, at the moment there are still stupid with their crazy superstitious believe.
True talk bro but read this https://www.pulse.ng/spiritual-battle-deadly-snakes-chase-boko-haram-members-out-of-sambisa-forest-id2944272.html rame18

1 Like

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by kunmiiii: 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
Edmen:
a friend has told me about this same community before..He was posted there during service. .He said when they got to the palace, a very big snake came out to welcome them..so big that he felt the snake was going to swallow them..but the snake just went rounded them and went back Inside. .He said at night time you would hear the snake making a sound that it's a form of protector for the community. .you can't steal and run away..mehn things re happening In this country

Your friend try oo...if na me ehnn...I go don find my square root oo, I go miss comot from dat place with IMMEDIATE EFFECT!!!

4 Likes

Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by zoedew: 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
Heightened state of ignorance!
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by claseek(f): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
ollah2:

If this happened in a better country, you wouldn't write this
this cannot even happen in a better country..huh
Re: Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King by ollah2: 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
claseek:
this cannot even happen in a better country..huh

You must have been to every country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony / IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State / Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.