Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account (54718 Views)

Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial / Painter Kills Grace Ajibola In Ibadan After Finding N2 Million In Her Account / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by CastedDude: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2018
A police detective has taken to social media to enlighten Nigerians about another trick being used by fraudsters on unsuspecting victims.  

Ogbonnaya Nwota, revealed that a young lady simply identified as Amaka, is currently in police custody after she was involved in a fraud case of N5 million which was paid into her account by a "good Samaritan" from Facebook who later rewarded her with N100,000. 

Read below what the detective shared on Facebook; 

She went down on her knees as she was ushered into my office, weeping uncontrollably, she muttered, 'Officer, please, help me. I need your help. Yes, I acted stupidly, but I didn't do it'. Having comported herself, I demanded to know her story regarding a case of fraud of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million Naira) I was investigating.

Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty, a young graduate in Owerri, is an active netizen of social media. She belongs to many Facebook groups. On one of the groups, the Admin on a Sunday morning asked members to post their account details, as someone maybe touched to 'do Sunday' for them. Different account details flowed ceaselessly on the group's platform and few confessed how some hitherto unknown persons have credited their accounts. Amaka got a chat up from someone who promised to send money to her the following day being Monday. The duo chatted for about 15 minutes on Facebook with the man bragging how money wasn't his problem but a good lady to spend it on. They ended up booking an appointment to see each other the following day since both of them stay in same city.

Both kept to the time of their appointment and in a few minutes, ordered for food in an exquisite eatery where the meeting was taken place. The guy re-emphasized how wealthy a man he is to Amaka and promised to see her more often, when he returns from his intended overseas trip. The guy was glued to his phone and ipad, pressing them interchangeably and smiling intermittently at no one in particular. As they were about to leave, he told Amaka to expect an alert of N50, 000 from him and while he was paying the bills for their order, Amaka got an alert of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million naira), which she didn't notice initially was N5, 000, 000 until when the guy asked her to recheck the alert she got, telling her that he mistakenly transferred 5M instead of 50k as promised.

Both headed to the bank in the guy's car. He told Amaka to withdraw the entire 5M from the bank, pay whatever charges and hand over the cash to him. He as well upgraded Amaka's cash gift to 100k. Amaka who was already elated dashed into the bank, while the guy sat comfortably in his car outside the bank premises. About 30 minutes later, Amaka was back in the guy's car and handed over the cash to him, having collected her N100k. She was dropped off few minutes after and she boarded a taxi to her house with indescribable happiness written over her face. What a day she exclaimed as she opened the door to her house. No sex, no request for sex, no touch, no even a hug and she was given N100K. It was simply unbelievable to her.

A week later Amaka was at her bank's ATM to withdraw some cash, but the card got trapped. She went into the bank to lodge a complaint and possibly retrieve her card, but instead of giving her the card, she was handed over to the Police and that was how she was brought to my office.

Police investigations linked Amaka's bank account to a sum of Five Million naira moved from a certain company's account that was hacked into by some fraudsters.

Investigation is ongoing, but until Amaka produces the guy she alleged transferred the said money to her, of course whose Facebook is no longer in existence and phone number inactive and the guy also admits to have made the said transfer to Amaka, Amaka will definitely be contesting her innocence in the court of law, where she will be charged for fraud.

Times are perilous, my people. The criminals are obviously getting wiser and you must remain vigilant in order not to be tacitly involved in a crime you know nothing about. Secure your account details and report to the Police if you receive any suspicious credit alert.

Learn from the mistakes of others.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/young-lady-lands-in-police-net-after-man-transferred-n5m-into-her-account.html

13 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Giddymoney(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2018
"Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty"

A true definition of a dumb, empty headed bitch, using the term "Graduate " as a disguise

182 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Pajapaja: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2018
Jail the ipob bastard

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by clive2u(m): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2018
awoof dey purge belle o

3 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by LuciferJesu: 9:56am On Nov 12, 2018
Serves Amaka right!

I don't have any sympathy for her since she had the nerve to disappoint a legend like 2Face Idibia.

Karma is a bitch.

*spits angry

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Baawaa(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2018
What a Lesson,every sections of nairaland should read this, especially ladies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Blakjewelry(m): 9:58am On Nov 12, 2018
this is an eye opener all these miracle money should get sense

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Juell(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2018
Giddymoney:

"Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty"

A true definition of a dumb, empty headed bitch, using the term "Graduate " as a disguise
I'm sure you didn't read the story

23 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Juell(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:
Jail the ipob bastard
Why bring tribe into this? There's really a big problem with this generation, can't issues be discussed without bringing tribe into it?

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Pajapaja: 10:03am On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:

Why bring tribe into this?
Is Ipob a tribe ?
Clown!
Juell:

Why bring tribe into this? There's really a big problem with this generation, can't issues be discussed without bringing tribe into it?
Why are you hitting your head on the floor ?
When did Ipob become a tribe in Nigeria .
Last time I checked Ipob is a terrorist group .
It shall never be well wit them and everyone supporting them .
Nonsense !

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2018
I haven't used an ATM card in forever. I use cardless transactions to withdraw when I need cash. I use a third party if I want to buy anything online.

One day, I wasn't getting my magic number to withdraw cash so I asked people politely at the gallery to make a mobile transfer of a modest 2k to anyone who would help me withdraw. No single soul offered to help me. They avoided me like I had a transmittable disease even after I told them they'd see the name on the account is the same as the one on my IDs. Nigeria don spoil beyond repair

40 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Juell(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:

Is Ipob a tribe ?
Clown!
Please grow up kid

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by beyuv: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2018
she didnt steal it did she

4 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mosesbola(f): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2018
[sup][/sup]f
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2018
Amaka the hungry girl grin

Like most hungry girls in Nigeria.

Take them to eatery, buy food for them, give them small money in their account, and they stop being able to reason properly.

10 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by arabbunkum: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2018
She is a true definition of empty brain. She deserves a thorough beating

13 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by stano2(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2018
Ok
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by searchproject(f): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2018
Free MONEY
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by drealzum(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2018
I don't understand this story. so why did the guy do this?

2 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nlolodo: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2018
Ok na
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by kingthreat(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Scammer will be like. Na she bring account. Her share na 100k. Make she carry her cross grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Beremx(f): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2018
They should get the fraudster and leave the innocent girl alone

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Aquariann: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Eyaa. Scammers everywhere.

I was at GAME store, Palms Mall the other day, and two young guys after filling their trolley with different electronics and kitchen wares approached me with one GAME staff waving their ATM card.

The staff because he knew me brought them to me and was explaining for them that they want to pay for the items but their bank is having issues and the POS device couldn't complete the transaction.

He begged I gave them my account so their friend at home could transfer the money to my account and I pay with my ATM that they'll appreciate me.

E remain small I for report the Game staff to their management after I change am for am. Probably thought I didn't understand they were about to perpetrate a fraud. The so called friend at home was obviously in possession of a stolen ATM or something and would have transferred the cash to my account then I ended up a scape goat like this greedy girl in this story.

I reminded the customer guy, he was brandishing a Diamond bank ATM, and diamond bank's branch was just by the entrance of the mall. Let him walk there amd withdraw the cash from his account, nothing will happen to the items in his trolley since he hasn't even paid.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Moreoffaith(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by blowjob: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2018
FAKE NEWS... grin grin grin grin grin grin

VOTE BUHARI...

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by dearie(m): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2018
It's a common trick that has landed several people in jail.

The right thing to do when someone sends money into ur account and asks you to withdraw or return same...Run to The bank and report it.

11 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by quinnboy: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2018
Innocent girl..... Anyone can fall victim.... Stop insulting the poor girl

30 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:21am On Nov 12, 2018
Na wao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Armed Fulani Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Gun Battle In Benue. Photos / We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] / Nigerian Soldier Caught After Robbing Man Of 200k In Aba- See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.