Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

THE REBORGE Episode 10- 13 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE REBORGE Episode 10- 13 (363 Views)

Pastor's Second Wife - Episode 10 / Impregnate Me Or I Die - Episode 10 / My Dirty Friend:episode 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE REBORGE Episode 10- 13 by LBmujuni3(f): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2018
THE REBORGE
Luann's POV

I grumbled a bit discontentedly and gritted my teeth in anger and rage when I heard her condescending voice. There's no way this woman would bring to the hospital when a minute ago she was bragging about how she was going to smother me to death!
Now she is all shrieky and overdramatic. Just thinking about it my rage surged again. I fold my fist jabbing into my flesh.
I clench my teeth and sneer at her.
She holds her chest in a impetuously manner with her jaw in the floor. She was so she'll shocked that she staggered back in the chair. She frowns and flares her nostrils.
In that moment the door was flung open revealing a hastily enraged elderly lady in her 60s .she proffered her hand to me and embraced me astronomically.
I was in tremendous shock to say anything. I responded with a warm and yearning hug sobbing and sniveling. I couldn't believe kaaka (grandma) was here!? Alive? Thank you Jesus! I was astounded ,my heartbeat almost at roar.
"Kaaka! It's really you? Am not dreaming?! Oh my.... Kaaka!!! Kaaka...ka..." I was rumbling and tearing drenching her sleeve.
She held my cheek and forehead frowning.
"My dear child! Are you in pain? Did someone hurt you? Do tell your Granny , I'll ..."
"Wait! Does your head hurt! Look at me spiraling! Child please rest! I'll deal with whoever has ruffled your lovely feathers" she said with a note of levity.
I feebly laughed as I scratched the back of my head. I joked about her sturdiness and youthfulness.
All this time mother was in the corner of the room sulking like a neglected child. I definitely confirmed that i was rebore. I have reincarnated for real!

We ignored mother ,which made her more grumpy. Now that kaaka is still alive, am going to make everyone the trampled on me to pain back ,any semblance of expecting naivety and good riddance was totally eradicated by the people I expected to be loyal. Just reminiscing about it my rage surged again and the corner of my mouth twitched imperceptibly.
Kaaka bulged in surprise and asked if I was okay or scheming something!
Well kaaka has always been able to see through my every emotion.i can't hide anything from her. So I need to work on my nonchalant facial reactions. I need to be vaguely taciturn.
I ask kaaka to clear the hospital bill because i was ready to go home.
I now remember this day very well. It was 10 years back when father had just been buried. I fainted after catching Sage and Xander red handed making out. When I confided in mother she claimed i was seeing things that Sage could never do that. She advised me not to confront Xander or Sage about it because everyone was still mourning.
Am shocked at how stupid and naive I was . No wonder I was taken advantage of. How can one person be this hopelessly be with low self-esteem?

And that is how the beginning of demise started. Sage moved in with us. Her minions were always around to curry favor with Sage and Xander always ridiculing me.

They say that a desperate rabbit can kill!
Re: THE REBORGE Episode 10- 13 by LBmujuni3(f): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2018
THE REBORGE
Mama Sage's POV

After the debacle back in the hospital Gologoza humiliating me so wantonly, I can't let her be. She will have to pay for spewing nonsense. And what was that all about? Has she completely gone senile ? Her son ?

That fall must have done a number on her!
I have to deal with her to night and everyone will see how vulgar and unfilial she is !

"James! Take me home ! I need to assert some ground scheme for that unruly girl! I tell James snobbishly because with these employees one needs to maintain that line of authority if you need things done efficiently.

When we arrive at home I find Sage with a frosted face, pacing around .

"Sage! Child come talk to me!"

I call her furrowing my brows. Her expression was not contrived when she asked about gologoza.

"Mum! Do you think she'll tell Kaaka?! Kaaka doesn't like already,so imagine if she finds out about me and Xander! Mum ,am done for! Can y....."

She blurted out kneading her forehead. I had to hold her shoulders to stop her from pacing again. I shook her to snap her back to her senses.

" Sage! Stop this ! Your pacing is giving me a headache!"

"How many times have u told you to watch out for that girl? Now see the situation you have put us in! Where is Xander anyways? Because the next scheme to work we need him as a pawn!"

I said in a whisper .I don't want prying ears for this plan to work and when it is hatched well even that old woman who is a sucker for benevolence and filial will not be able to protect her tyranny grand daughter.
Just then sage's eyes twinkled.
"But mum, I really love Xander for real. Don't put him in a complicated situation, I just want her discarded and humiliated. For kaaka to favor me as well"
She pouted prettily. She can be clueless sometimes. But she deserves all the Gologoza favors, not that good for nothing slowpoke.
I nod nonchalantly. I don't need to let her in on the plan.

"Now call the maids to prepare a good meal for Gologoza because she is coming back today and tell James to proceed with what we talked about."

I said while dialing the operative person of this whole shindig.
Gologoza won't know what hit her! After setting all the pawns I chuckle to myself and in that minute the spew of the devil appears side by side with the old woman.
I force a smile and I could clearly taste a gross gag just by seeing her smile.

"Well mother I came to ask for forgiveness and magnanimity for my previous outburst"

"It was just a bad dream and I think the fall made me think that I was fighting Satan himself who was trying to steal my future and child". She blurted out but I felt like she was mocked me!

She said with a congenial smile. She seemed to speak with utmost sincerity but why do I feel like I'm being played?

She is all composed with a poised manner that shows maturity and wisdom! Haha please! Gologoza with wisdom! She can't even tell a snake from monkey if they were under her nose! Whom does she want to kid with that stupid façade.

"Mother! Earth to mother!"

The old woman said snapping her fingers in my face. I laugh feebly and stammered a bit. Jeez! What's wrong with me!

"Uh,uh, Gologoza! Child please don't mind that! I seriously understand, you fainted after losing your Father ,my husband"

" We can all be affected differently, but am here you can cry on my shoulder any time."

"Oh ! We have prepared a meal for you and shall ...."
I was still telling her smiling when the old woman patted her hand and cocked her head lovingly and asked her if she wanted to stay or go with her to her place. The old woman's house is a kilometer away.

"Kaaka it's okay! Am fine,lets enjoy life when we still can besides mother ambiguously prepared thus feast for me after I was rude to her. This is the least I could do"

Gologoza said while blinking her eyes at the old woman who in turn smiled and nodded.
She will wish she never agreed to this feast! No one embarrasses and gets away with it.
I rub my hands together and without hesitation or wavering she hugs me . I have not hugged her since she was 5years old! How I loathe her! But I have to withstand all this screaming contempt am feeling as she is this close to me.

She needs to suffer like I did.

The thoughts flitting through my mind curbs my anger as she smiles at me.
I sigh as we walk hand in hand to the house. She excuses herself to her bedroom and the old woman goes to her bedroom.The old woman has a bedroom here because her son made sure she was comfortable Everytime she visited and she has been around since the son,my husband fell in the depth of abyss. With my hand at work anyone that poses as a threat to my paved justice will be wrecked.
After what seemed like a lifetime, Gologoza came to the dinning room followed by her husband, Xander. I signal the maids to start serving and I imperceptibly winked at James ,who nods his head to show that all is set.

Let the games begin! Her chaste woman's dignity will be the talk of the whole village. She'll be seen as a used product
Re: THE REBORGE Episode 10- 13 by LBmujuni3(f): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2018
THE REBORGE
Mama Sage's POV

I arranged Xander to seat next to Sage just to ruffle Gologoza's feathers. I sat between the old woman and Sage , and Sage's friend Keke sat next to the old woman and Gologoza sat opposite the old woman. She was wearing that ugly pale brown sari with a shawl around her neck, her hair looked surprisingly shorter than I remember.

She was glowing even with the ugly ensemble. The inside of the room was illuminated by the light of lanterns and filled with fragrance. She surprisingly look beautiful and new, she has this new fresh raging aura around her that creeps me out.

But whom is she kidding? She will always be ignorant.

"Wow! Mother! I have to say that you really out did yourself. This setting is really wonderful,it takes all the awkward edge off".

Gologoza said with a smile and it didn't contain the slightest hint of mocking. Her voice was soft without a single undulation of excitement.
But before I could answer Keke , Sage's friend was already blabbing.

" Thanks to Mum and Sage,that brought all this to life! You know Sage was in the kitchen toiling away just to prepare your favorite meal while you were pla.....oh sorry ,when u fainted. "

" You're lucky to have a sister like Sage who is always benevolent."

" What do you think Xander?"

She blurted out without thinking. Xander furrowed her brows and choked on his Saliva.

"Keke! Please!d....." I tried to say but Gologoza cut me off .
How uncouth!

"No! Mother let Xander answer her question! Dear husband what do you think about Sage's thoughtfulness? Huh? Isn't she the best? I have the best sister ever.she is always thinking about me"

she said sensibly, but the sentences held sneer. The smile was fleeting, in a blink of an eye it had already disappeared.
Am I seeing wrong? She seems like.....

"Mugole! Are we going to eat tonight or we're going to stay here en encumbering with this vulgar and unfilial person! I thought this was a family dinner!"

The old woman. Seeing the old woman's face fuzzy and dark under the flickering light of the lamp, Keke's expression darkened.
I cleared my throat and cough a bit. I asked Sage to pray the food.
I had directed Gologoza's trusted maid to serve her , her favorite bushera .she prefers the bushera bitter .so when the maid presented her bushera jug I made sure no one else share with her because that dose to work she has to finish it.
She pours in the glass and slurps like unmannered person would.

"Wow! Sage and mother ! Tonight, you really did flamboyantly"

"Kaaka! I give you some of this bushera? It's really good and you like it bitter like me. Lemme pour. .." she said gulping more of it.

" No! " I bulged with surprise.
"No!?"Gologoza said tilting head .
"No, uh ....uh I meant no because you've been in the hospital,you need it more. Bushera will revamp you aura. I didn't want to say this but Gologoza, you're looking grimy since your passed on.so please drink and relax. I will bring Kaaka her own bushera if she wants. And eat some food,i put in a lot of time and energy to prepare your favorite, omukalo of fish ( gnuts in fish) and Kalo " I sad hastily to veer off the subject.

The old woman's facial expression was solemn and her gaze sharp with incomparably intimidating aura.
Let this dinner end before someone says something that will halt my plans.
Finally she ate all the food and the bushera, I had to snatch the jug from the maids when she was clearing the table to examine it incredulously.
From no way Gologoza said;

"Mother , how come we have never seen or heard anything from our maternal relatives? They're there ,right?"
She asked her forehead kneaded.
I panicked and feebly laughed at such a random nonsensical question. She is merely making a scene to cause me trouble as always.

" Child! Ask your mother all the questions you want but now we have to sleep. Now all of you good night an I don't want to hear your cackling in the middle of the night, mwishiki (girl) ! Koko, whatever your name is " .

The old woman said getting up.
" Am Keke , kaaka, not "koko"!!! She said pouting. The old woman has never liked that girl and I can't blame her the child is hopeless.
When the old woman ignored her and walked away,she scoffed.
Gologoza said her good night giving me some unreadable gaze. She coiled her hand to Xander and pulled him to the direction of her room. Outside the main house.

When Sage so this ,she rolled her eyes and sneered. Surprisingly she has been quite the whole time drinking the water. She eyes look googled like she is very tired. I didn't tell her of my plan because she might gloat before the shebang.
The element of surprise from her will sale it better. I instruct Keke to take her to bed and stay indoors.
Re: THE REBORGE Episode 10- 13 by LBmujuni3(f): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2018
THE REBORGE
Mama Sage's POV

I instructed all the maids and shamba boys to head to their respective beds for the night.
I waited for everyone to completely be in a slumber before I let Matozo Boniface, to humiliate that vulgar idiot.

When my phone chimed ,I jumped in fright and hastily ran to check on James who had gone to call Matozo Boniface, he was Xander's po uncle, who was known for his cold, ruthlessness and cruelty towards women. Many people would say that he raped and trampled on women and no one would come out to report the cripple just because he used his body as a shield to protect the vice president, when they were still in the army as rebels to the previous regime.

Now he is a Major general ,who moves in a wheelchair but still manages to terrorize all females wherever he goes. So if he is found chumming away his nephew's wife ,no one will say anything. The old woman will try to keep it under wraps and Xander will see his wife as trash who allied with HIV positive uncle to ruin him. And the love Gologoza has for Xander will lead her to nothing but her ruin when she realizes that it can't be . She will be a shell of hopeless nothingness.
I laugh happily to myself as I approach the corner of the house and I stealthily watched as James carried the unconscious Xander out of Gologoza's room and he moves him to sage's room. I know Gologoza won't make any sounds at all because the enticing drug that she consumed in the bushera that she gulped down while eating dinner will wear off in the morning, I made sure of it.haha

In the morning I rush out with this weird feeling that something horrible is about to happen to my disadvantage but I quickly schooled my emotions because am sure I didn't leave any loose ends.
I hurried outside and the environment seemed to be filled with an inexplicable silence. Only the sound of creaking as I walked to the desolate compound. Gologoza's trusted maid was sweeping compound while humming to herself, what a joke! I won't be seeing her and her boss no more. I suddenly wanted to laugh , but managed to reign it in ,in time. I clear my throat and she kowtowed to respectfully request for forgiveness because she swept to my direction dusting me. But because i was in such a good mood , I waved her off.

" Hey,you! Knock on Gologoza's door and let me greet her. She came from the hospital yesterday ,I hope she slept well" I said resolutely, the maid nodded enthusiastically and solemnly. The maid has always been this docile like her boss , Gologoza. But she stopped after two steps and she pursed her lips ,but didn't say anything.

"You! Did I stutter?"
"Ma...Ma..maama Sage! Gologoza told me to....."

She was stammering while pinching her palm. I grinded my teeth and sighed. I can't deal with this incompetent slowpoke right now. Come to think if it, I need an audience to seal this . The cherry on top will be the old woman having a heart attack!
Before I could enter the house to awake up the old woman, I hear the old woman speak gruffly ;

" Hey, Mugole! Have you arranged for Gologoza's journey!?"
"Last night you did a good job with food, keep that up maybe one day you'll make up for how you have treating her!"

She said with a trace of sorrow in her eyes. Her voice was hoarse .
How long has she been standing there? Was she watching me when I was speaking with contempt with to Gologoza's maid?
I grip my mweenda (traditional wear for western Ugandan women) tightly and I nodded I affirmatively.

"Kaaka let's go check on her since she came from the hospital, she must ...."

I tried to covetously spin it around but the old woman cleared her throat and coughed a bit. In that minute i see Gologoza emerging from kaaka's room unscathed !
I staggered back wards in utmost shock,
"Gologoza! Ho.... How...! Yo.... You mean.... Go... " I shouted with a stammer

"Mother! Are you okay?! You seem like you have just seen a ghost?" She said with the voice of concern.
"Why are you here? Aren't supposed to be in your room? "
"You look fresh and sturdy!"I said confused ,my mind disarrayed.

" Mother! Calm down! I slept well thanks to kaaka's hugs" she said boastfully but I paid no heed to that cause the avalanche of realisation hit me.
But before I could catch myself she continued;
"Sage ,decided to sleep in my room last night and....."

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Big Space Of Goodie. / A POOR POET By Edwin Olu Bestman / Flash Story: Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.