Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Help! With This type Of Tenant - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! With This type Of Tenant (10312 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
Good Afternoon,

I have a tenant that have not paid rent since two years and I have met with him on several occasion, the last time I met him, with an elderly man who happens to be an Chairman of agent in the area, as regards him leaving because my mum will be moving into the apartment, he said, "I do not have any plans of leaving, that I can ask other tenants". I was mad, I wanted to react because of the old man with me, I had to calm down.

I was asked to got the nearest police station to meet with human rights, I have done that and the officer I met told me, that human rights can only handle marital issue perfectly, that my own case is a civil case, I was about leaving when one of the female officers told me, what I wanted and I told her, she said, "I can dispatch some officers to you to go with you to meet him and ask him when he would be leaving, bu na small change".

The other option is to go to Agege and report him and they will invite him for talks and ask when he will leave, now, I do not have 400k to pay another rent for my Mum current apartment which expires by December, 2018.

These options will take time even in court, because he has become a statutory tenant.

Can NLers help with a drastic solution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by phorget(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
Give him a 2week quit notice with the excuse that u want to renovate that apartment. Make sure you inform the police and if possible the court of ur renovation plans and the said quit notice you've served ur tenant... After the 2week just go to ur property with ur carpenter,remove the roof,the windows and doors then wait for ur tenant's action.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by LuciferJesu: 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
phorget:
[s]Give him a 2week quit notice with the excuse that u want to renovate that apartment. Make sure you inform the police and if possible the court of ur renovation plans and the said quit notice you've served ur tenant... After the 2week just go to ur property with ur carpenter,remove the roof,the windows and doors then wait for ur tenant's action.[/s]

Stop typing rubbish!

You cannot issue a 2-week quit notice for a yearly tenant in Lagos.

Quit notices are 6-months.

Stop misleading people.

*spits angry

13 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by phorget(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
LuciferJesu:

Stop typing rubbish!

Stop misleading people

*spits angry

And u cannot tell me exactly when I'm I suppose to renovate my house, not when u are owing up to 2years rent though.
Get behind me Lucifer.

35 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Acidosis(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
You do not have to offer any written notice after defaulting for 2 years. Get him to pay the 2-year rent or eject him forcefully (disconnect electricity, water, remove the roof and change the lock).
You do not need any law enforcement agent.

In less than 24 hours, you would see him walk

9 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by mankettle(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
seek legal advise. 1. give him a week notice to quit. 2. after that another week notice of intention to recover the house. 3. sue him at the nearest court. 4. ensure u monitor his movements so he won't pack out one midnight.

4 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2018
He is apartment is ground floor.
phorget:
Give him a 2week quit notice with the excuse that u want to renovate that apartment. Make sure you inform the police and if possible the court of ur renovation plans and the said quit notice you've served ur tenant... After the 2week just go to ur property with ur carpenter,remove the roof,the windows and doors then wait for ur tenant's action.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Acidosis:
You do not have to offer any written notice after defaulting for 2 years. Get him to pay the 2-year rent or eject him forcefully (disconnect electricity, water, remove the roof and change the lock).
You do not need any law enforcement agent.

In less than 24 hours, you would see him walk
The light and water is connected to the whole house plus his on the ground floor. @ the bolded, then, what do I need to eject him?
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
mankettle:
seek legal advise.
1. give him a week notice to quit.

2. after that another week notice of intention to recover the house.

3. sue him at the nearest court.

4. ensure u monitor his movements so he won't pack out one midnight.
My fear exactly, because I "heard" that what he did to his previous landlord
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
Arrange some boy fro the area after, you have exhausted the whole legal means available to you, and eject him
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by generationz(f): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
SMJay:
Good Afternoon,

I have a tenant that have not paid rent since two years and I have met with him on several occasion, the last time I met him, with an elderly man who happens to be an Chairman of agent in the area, as regards him leaving because my mum will be moving into the apartment, he said, "I do not have any plans of leaving, that I can ask other tenants". I was mad, I wanted to react because of the old man with me, I had to calm down.

I was asked to got the nearest police station to meet with human rights, I have done that and the officer I met told me, that human rights can only handle marital issue perfectly, that my own case is a civil case, I was about leaving when one of the female officers told me, what I wanted and I told her, she said, "I can dispatch some officers to you to go with you to meet him and ask him when he would be leaving, bu na small change".

The other option is to go to Agege and report him and they will invite him for talks and ask when he will leave, now, I do not have 400k to pay another rent for my Mum current apartment which expires by December, 2018.

These options will take time even in court, because he has become a statutory tenant.

Can NLers help with a drastic solution?

do you stay in Lagos?

I have a lawyer who dealt with our own tenants who refused to pay and pack out.

the highest was 1year.

she pushed them out in 1month.

This was after court case and police couldn't help us.

if you are interested in her services I can send you her number

contact me on

nonsoflora2@gmail.com.

if all you are saying is true then that tenant will be booted out with his tail between his legs. I can assure you.

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
generationz:

do you stay in Lagos?

I have a lawyer who dealt with our own tenants who refused to pay and pack out.

the highest was 1year.

she pushed them out in 1month.

This was after court case and police couldn't help us.

if you are interested in her services I can send you her number

contact me on

nonsoflora2@gmail.com.

if all you are saying is true then that tenant will be booted out with his tail between his legs. I can assure you.
a year ! Op's mum rent expires by next month and yours took a year?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by kay4kay: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Please go to the market buy white Calabash, buy white agidi 3, buy local egg 3, red cloth and 7 cowries. Put the agidi inside the Calabash with the eggs and cowries pour palm oil inside cover it with the red cloth. Put it in front of his door, do that every three days. He will pack out sharp sharp. Na scope just to instil fear in him

10 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by NoToPile: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lool at he's not ready to pack out.

people like this need to be dealt with with iron hand, I know their type. Pay they will not pay, move out nko wahala. they wont respect court order, no regard for the rule of law, violate all deadlines.

One of my aunts went gangster on one of her tenants in the early 90s its werepe she used to chase them last last after too much back and forth nobody taught them to move. grin

There are ways of doing these things jare.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Olamsoh:
Arrange some boy for the area after, you have exhausted the whole legal means available to you, and eject him
From findings and counsel, if I take these steps
1. He could claim damages
2. He WILL claim he had cash inside his apartment.

3 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
NoToPile:
Lool at he's not ready to pack out.

people like this need to be dealt with with iron hand, I know their type. Pay they will not pay, move out nko wahala. they wont respect court order, no regard for the rule of law, violate all deadlines.

One of my aunts went gangster on one of her tenants in the early 90s its werepe she used to chase them last last after too much back and forth nobody taught them to move. grin

There are ways of doing these things jare.
What's WEREPE? Your last statement, explain or drop contacts details.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
kay4kay:
Please go to the market buy white Calabash, buy white agidi 3, buy local egg 3, red cloth and 7 cowries. Put the agidi inside the Calabash with the eggs and cowries pour palm oil inside cover it with the red cloth. Put it in front of his door, do that every three days. He will pack out sharp sharp. Na scope just to instil fear in him
Lol! This cracked me up!
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by StPete: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
Olamsoh:

You no sabi read? Go back and re-read it slowly this time

7 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by NoToPile: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
SMJay:
What's WEREPE? Your last statement, explain or drop contacts details.

grin grin

Devil beans,velvet beans you can google up werepe.

SMJay

What I mean by there are ways means unconventional methods

Cutting water supply
Removing the roof
Blocking the toilet
The calabash and oil stuff to instill fear
The werepe method. Its not juju ooo ehen

The purpose its just to make them inconvenienced so they ll leave thats all.

I have seen some of this work, Lagos landlords no get joy at all.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by NoToPile: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
SMJay:
Lol! This cracked me up!

grin grin

We fear stuffs like that here so it will work. No need for much grammar.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
NoToPile:

grin grin

We fear stuffs like that here so it will work. No need for much grammar.
I will try this method my concern is just, I hope it does not backfire, because the sickness my landlady is suffering is as a result of something like this, who are "we"?
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2018
NoToPile:

grin grin

Devil beans,velvet beans you can google up werepe.

SMJay

What I mean by there are ways means unconventional methods

Cutting water supply
Removing the roof
Blocking the toilet
The calabash and oil stuff to instill fear
The werepe method. Its not juju ooo ehen

The purpose its just to make them inconvenienced so they ll leave thats all.

I have seen some of this work, Lagos landlords no get joy at all.
The 1&2 methods I explained that to acidosis up there. The toilets MAY work but his always around. I go try try Calabash method.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by NoToPile: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
SMJay:
I will try this method my concern is just, I hope it does not backfire, because the sickness my landlady is suffering is as a result of something like this, who are "we"?

We means Nigerians

Okay on a more serious note

Have you really exhausted all possible means for a peaceful resolution, if it means you forgoing the rent just so he can just carry his wahala and go.

I have witnessed where they blocked a church members toilet and honestly it was not nice.

You may have to let the rent go if you really want him to leave.

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
NoToPile:

We means Nigerians

Okay on a more serious note

Have you really exhausted all possible means for a peaceful resolution, if it means you forgoing the rent just so he can just carry his wahala and go.

I have witnessed where they blocked a church members toilet and honestly it was not nice.

You may have to let the rent go if you really want him to leave.
I have given him quit notice, before the quit notice, I have gone to meet him as regards the rent he owed me, he said,"my brothers he was given a cheque of 30million and it bounced" and I asked, how he has been surviving, paying your bills,feeding, meeting financial obligations and was able to send your wife abroad? he kept mute. I told him forget the rent because my mum will be moving into the flat, he said, his building his house, this is 3yrs we had this discussion.

The flat neighbours who introduced him to us, when I went to report him to the neighbours, he said, his tired of him, he has talked to him countless time and the need to pay up or even call them to assure them you will pay up, didn't bother, that I should quit him. The neighbour told me, that' he did same thing in the house he left.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by NoToPile: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
SMJay:
I have given him quit notice, before the quit notice, I have gone to meet him as regards the rent he owed me, he said,"my brothers he was given a cheque of 30million and it bounced" and I asked, how he has been surviving, paying your bills,feeding, meeting financial obligations and was able to send your wife abroad? he kept mute. I told him forget the rent because my mum will be moving into the flat, he said, his building his house, this is 3yrs we had this discussion.

The flat neighbours who introduced him to us, when I went to report him to the neighbours, he said, his tired of him, he has talked to him countless time and the need to pay up or even call them to assure them you will pay up, didn't bother, that I should quit him. The neighbour told me, that' he did same thing in the house he left.

Na wa oo so he wants to continue living there without paying even after you have let go of the rent.

Maybe you should try that lawyer a poster recommended above.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
NoToPile:

Na wa oo so he wants to continue living there without paying even after you have let go of the rent.

Maybe you should try that lawyer a poster recommended above.

Am on it.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oldbeer, let's not play the tribal card.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by JAccksnow(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
LuciferJesu:

Stop typing rubbish!

Stop misleading people.

*spits angry

Actually, that is not rubbish. You need to make get your facts right, before dishing out insult.

Since the supposed tenant rent is due, the landlord can issue a notice to recover possession . After 7 days, if the tenant does not oblige, then any legal action is justified.

@op, I'll suggest u get a lawyer.

7 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by generationz(f): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Olamsoh:

the tenant who stayed longest without paying was one year.

4 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by OldBeer: 4:48am On Nov 13, 2018
There is one particular tribe in Nigeria that is fond of this wicked act.
That is why I don't blame landlords that refuse to rent to them.

If you know....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 5:29am On Nov 13, 2018
JAccksnow:

Actually, that is not rubbish. You need to make get your facts right, before dishing out insult.

Since the supposed tenant rent is due, the landlord can issue a notice to recover possession . After 7 days, if the tenant does not oblige, then any legal action is justified.

@op, I'll suggest u get a lawyer.
your last statement was why I came online, the one I have SMH!
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by tenmariner: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2018
kay4kay:

He can add some native chicken feathers to it also.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Maid Has Taken Over My Matrimonial Home / Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? / Nairaland Lost A Member Yesterday Evening ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.