Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Help! With This type Of Tenant - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! With This type Of Tenant (10311 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Mizwisdom(f): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2018
OldBeer:
There is one particular tribe in Nigeria that is fond of this wicked act.
That is why I don't blame landlords that refuse to rent to them.

If you know....

Oga me too, I have noticed that particular tribe. They do this wicked act to many Landlords in Lagos because of the 6mths protection from govt. My advice is avoid renting your house to these people particularly those who are new to your state. They will carry their practice to your accommodation.

5 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2018
His not going to leave, until you go crazy with him!
SMJay:
I have given him quit notice, before the quit notice, I have gone to meet him as regards the rent he owed me, he said,"my brothers he was given a cheque of 30million and it bounced" and I asked, how he has been surviving, paying your bills,feeding, meeting financial obligations and was able to send your wife abroad? he kept mute. I told him forget the rent because my mum will be moving into the flat, he said, his building his house, this is 3yrs we had this discussion.

The flat neighbours who introduced him to us, when I went to report him to the neighbours, he said, his tired of him, he has talked to him countless time and the need to pay up or even call them to assure them you will pay up, didn't bother, that I should quit him. The neighbour told me, that' he did same thing in the house he left.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2018
Yoruba people, say it!
Mizwisdom:

Oga me too, I have noticed that particular tribe. They do this wicked act to many Landlords in Lagos because of the 6mths protection from govt. My advice is avoid renting your house to these people particularly those who are new to your state. They will carry their practice to your accommodation.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2018
Olamsoh:
Yoruba people, say it!

EDO people.

4 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
Olamsoh:
His not going to leave, until you go crazy with him!
Thanks.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2018
HAS HE PACKED?
SMJay:
Thanks.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Richy4(m): 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
This might sound crazy but since u have done every thing u can, by disconnecting electricity and other stuffs...if there are leprosy colony in Lagos, U might consider inviting 5 or 6 of them to camp in front of his house daily..the more repulsive ones the better...and faster he might leave...Imagine waking up in the morning only to see that...Show him how crazy u can be...

Besides it might be cheaper.. I heard how those group of people help out landlords whose tenants refused to pay in Kaduna state those days...

When they finished their job u sanitise your home grin

6 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by YAHREIGNS: 12:48am On Nov 24, 2018
SMJay:
Good Afternoon,

I have a tenant that have not paid rent since two years and I have met with him on several occasion, the last time I met him, with an elderly man who happens to be an Chairman of agent in the area, as regards him leaving because my mum will be moving into the apartment, he said, "I do not have any plans of leaving, that I can ask other tenants". I was mad, I wanted to react because of the old man with me, I had to calm down.

I was asked to got the nearest police station to meet with human rights, I have done that and the officer I met told me, that human rights can only handle marital issue perfectly, that my own case is a civil case, I was about leaving when one of the female officers told me, what I wanted and I told her, she said, "I can dispatch some officers to you to go with you to meet him and ask him when he would be leaving, bu na small change".

The other option is to go to Agege and report him and they will invite him for talks and ask when he will leave, now, I do not have 400k to pay another rent for my Mum current apartment which expires by December, 2018.

These options will take time even in court, because he has become a statutory tenant.

Can NLers help with a drastic solution?
Disconnected utilities - water, electricity etc. It's called distress for rent
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by adebayo3449(m): 3:52am On Nov 24, 2018
SMJay:

The 1&2 methods I explained that to acidosis up there. The toilets MAY work but his always around. I go try try Calabash method.
Bro, plz don't do anything that will make him win at last.
He need to be dealt with.
Firstly, go and look for how you will pay for your mum's rent. Be4 this rent due, you should have send him out legally with him paying all his debt.
Plz go to a good lawyer and seek advice.
I think he will have to appear in court within 2weeks or so.
I have heard of something like that be4.
The tenant packed out before the day, they were asked to appear in court.

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 7:13am On Nov 26, 2018
Is this allowed in Law?
YAHREIGNS:

Disconnected utilities - water, electricity etc. It's called distress for rent
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
No
Olamsoh:
HAS HE PACKED?
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by 1cor2v9: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
Baba please get soldiers to come and do drama on a day he is at home... Let them issue him warning of a lifetime.. I bet you he will rethink his actions

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 8:40am On Dec 13, 2018
grin
1cor2v9:
Baba please get soldiers to come and do drama on a day he is at home... Let them issue him warning of a lifetime.. I bet you he will rethink his actions
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
Soldiers, what kind of soldiers will undertake such action?
1cor2v9:

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
Do you have any Lawyer?
adebayo3449:

Bro, plz don't do anything that will make him win at last.
He need to be dealt with.
Firstly, go and look for how you will pay for your mum's rent. Be4 this rent due, you should have send him out legally with him paying all his debt.
Plz go to a good lawyer and seek advice.
I think he will have to appear in court within 2weeks or so.
I have heard of something like that be4.
The tenant packed out before the day, they were asked to appear in court.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by 1cor2v9: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
SMJay:
Soldiers, what kind of soldiers will undertake such action?

LOL...Just look for all this low ranked soldiers and strike a deal, it is nothing new ooo.. i know someone who intentionally takes a soldier in his vehicle in the morning in order to break traffic rules in lagos when traffic is much...
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 8:02am On Dec 21, 2018
Thanks.
1cor2v9:

LOL...Just look for all this low ranked soldiers and strike a deal, it is nothing new ooo.. i know someone who intentionally takes a soldier in his vehicle in the morning in order to break traffic rules in lagos when traffic is much...
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Goddys(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2018
SMJay:
Do you have any Lawyer?
Are you in Lagos? A good lawyer can handle your brief perfectly. Ignore all the advice here, you may end up with regrets if your tenant eventually informs the court you resorted to self-help.

Is he a quarter, half-yearly or annual tenant? The last rent he paid was for how many months?

Did you serve him a complete 6 months notice to quit as an annual tenant?

If yes, have you served him notice of recovery of premises after the expiration of notice to quit?

If yes, your lawyer will do the rest in a short time probably 6 months and the tenant will pay all the rent and mesne profits accruing on the property.

All things being equal, this legal advice doesn't come cheap if you were to seek our professional service. Take it as the season's gift

3 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2018
ARE YOU A LEGAL PRACTITIONER? CAN I HAVE YOUR MAIL?
Goddys:

Are you in Lagos? A good lawyer can handle your brief perfectly. Ignore all the advice here, you may end up with regrets if your tenant eventually informs the court you resorted to self-help.

Is he a quarter, half-yearly or annual tenant? The last rent he paid was for how many months?

If yes, have you served him notice of recovery of premises after the expiration of notice to quit?

If yes, your lawyer will do the rest in a short time probably 6 months and the tenant will pay all the rent and mesne profits accruing on the property.

All things being equal, this legal advice doesn't come cheap if you were to seek our professional service. Take it as the season's gift
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Goddys(m): 11:15am On Dec 24, 2018
Olamsoh:
ARE YOU A LEGAL PRACTITIONER? CAN I HAVE YOUR MAIL?

Send yours
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2018
pe@gmail.com
Goddys:

Send yours
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by kidsam: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
That is why it is good to contract the service of good estate agents, but people don't because they do not want to part with any portion of their rent. Now you have a tenant that has not left for 2 year, compare the lost money to agent fees.

5 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2018
what are you saying?
kidsam:
That is why it is good to contract the service of good estate agents, but people don't because they do not want to part with any portion of their rent. Now you have a tenant that has not left for 2 year, compare the lost money to agent fees.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Jagaban880: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
Mizwisdom:

so over there in lagos....abeg i want to know the 6month notice ....is it Free? as in u will live in somebody z house for 6month without paying?....

Federal gvt no giv free housing....na poor citizens u expect to de giv free house

one more tin abeg mention the tribe

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2018
cheesy
Jagaban880:

so over there in lagos....abeg i want to know the 6month notice ....is it Free? as in u will live in somebody z house for 6month without paying?....

Federal gvt no giv free housing....na poor citizens u expect to de giv free house

one more tin abeg mention the tribe

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2018
Here is my mail infosmj@yahoo.com
Goddys:

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by sconp: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
One thing I hate is people trying to frustrate others. So he doesn't have money but his wife is abroad.

Someone has already given you steps to take. Issue him letter for recovery of premises, letter of renovation etc then after two/three weeks start the renovation.

What'll your renovation consist of?
1. Blocking of the toilet from outside pipes.
2. Remove all doors (I just hope they are wooden doors)
3 call plumber wey sabi work, he'll find a way to stop his water supply.
4 If you want to be wicked like me, remove the windows.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
The matter is in Court
sconp:
One thing I hate is people trying to frustrate others. So he doesn't have money but his wife is abroad.

Someone has already given you steps to take. Issue him letter for recovery of premises, letter of renovation etc then after two/three weeks start the renovation.

What'll your renovation consist of?
1. Blocking of the toilet from outside pipes.
2. Remove all doors (I just hope they are wooden doors)
3 call plumber wey sabi work, he'll find a way to stop his water supply.
4 If you want to be wicked like me, remove the windows.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2019
Your lawyer, is actually a quack, sorry no offense intended. But the bitter truth, I regret using her.
generationz:

do you stay in Lagos?

I have a lawyer who dealt with our own tenants who refused to pay and pack out.

the highest was 1year.

she pushed them out in 1month.

This was after court case and police couldn't help us.

if you are interested in her services I can send you her number

contact me on

nonsoflora2@gmail.com.

if all you are saying is true then that tenant will be booted out with his tail between his legs. I can assure you.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by tabithababy(f): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2019
SMJay:
Your lawyer, is actually a quack, sorry no offense intended. But the bitter truth, I regret using her.

Has the tenant packed out yet
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by ImaIma1(f): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protect Your Baby Boy From Becoming A Homosexual / My Maid Has Taken Over My Matrimonial Home / Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.