Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland (36113 Views)

Olu Of Warri’s Coronation To Proceed On Saturday Despite Missing Crown / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
make I send my own..I need card please

He has not redeemed it yet. Ask him. If he says you can have it, why not.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by charlsecy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
Frankbaro:
I'm Igbo from Imo state, I stand bold to say that this is quite strange and not applicable to us.
The post isn't true in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Purplekush(m): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
I really don't get the part about giving food and drinks according to how much one brings lol. Sounds like what Nkem Owoh did in one movie like dat during his wedding.

And about the sharing formula. Most times, it depends on who brings in the bulk of the money and the agreement in place before then.

But then I know whoever brings in the most money is usually given consideration when sharing.

Besides na poor people dey fight over burial money. It may cause wahala if not accounted for properly but na still poor pple go over-fight on top the matter.

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Oponel1962: 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
Funeral a spare parts business?

2 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
Yankee101:

okay..lemme talk to.him
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
docadams:

I have to apologise for my remarks in our previous encounter. You are one of a kind among the Ibos.
bro yanke101 promised you card...do you mind me giving/sharing with me?...thanks
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by observanc1: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
dalass:
And your business with that is..... tongue
is that u swallow lots of lies. So u dont know when the truth is said.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Maxcollins042(m): 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
Yankee101:
Sympathy of this kind is extortion. No be sympathy again. Sympathy no be by force, na to send text message if you like no reply.

At birth Omugo. At death sympathy gifts.

The monetary aspect of the Igbo life where everything is a transaction is one of the most disgusting things about that tribe.

I hit fulani, Hausa and Yoruba when they fvck up. So Igbo it's your turn today. Una too like money. Highest cases of drug dealing abroad is Igbo. Fraud cases abroad are mostly either Yoruba or Igbo. Kidnappings and money rituals Igbo (and Yoruba for rituals too).

The love of lucre is the beginning of all evil
Learn not to allow your hate for a tribe propel you to make an unintelligent conclusion. What he wrote does not, and I say this authoritatively, hold true in every part of Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
Maxcollins042:

Learn not to allow your hate for a tribe propel you to make an unintelligent conclusion. What he wrote does not, and I say this authoritatively, hold true in every part of Igbo.

No hate men. No single fibre of it. I do rounded assessments no matter whose Ox is gored.

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by efavour: 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
observanc1:
first sons enjoy too much privileges in igboland, but not d magnitude d op is alleging. May be true in his family shaa.
In my hometown in Imo State. House of the late father belongs to d first son. Land of the late father is shared into 3 among d sons of the man. First son takes one. The remain 2/3rd is shared equally among d sons and the first son takes first again (imagine). Injustice in our culture, but I'm not complaining.
Im second son.
Last 2 years, my younger brother begged me to build a house in d village. I say i would but at my own time. He was agitated. Say his worry was him not having money to build his own at d moment.
I say. And so? We stay in our late father's house when we come to d village, so what's wrong?
He asked me if i didnt know the house belonged to our first son? That the guy can send u packing whenever he wants.
I smiled and laughed. And told him ok. Let that day reach.
What da hell!!!!
I'm from Anambra. In my culture, no one one even first son has right to send anyone of his siblings out of the fathers house. The house belong to him last last but not in that regard. He can own it but can't deny the siblings of the use. He never see craze before. Make use of customary court

3 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Maxcollins042(m): 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Yankee101:

No hate men. No single fibre of it. I do rounded assessments no matter whose Ox is gored.
No you sabi
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by docadams: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
bro yanke101 promised you card...do you mind me giving/sharing with me?...thanks

Oh, I thought he was joking. You can go ahead. Let me know how it goes

cc Yankee 101
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 12:04am On Nov 13, 2018
docadams:

cc Yankee 101
thanks Sir
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 12:05am On Nov 13, 2018
Yankee101:

he has giving me consent..thank you
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 12:21am On Nov 13, 2018
docadams:

cc Yankee 101
Yankee101
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by ekaette1621: 1:00am On Nov 13, 2018
Sincerely speaking, Catechist Obiora, my elder brother, is a man of God, who is heaven minded. He will receive all the prayers and best wishes from sympathizers while I will inherit the earth and fullness thereof.
Lolz
IGBOkwenu!
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by themanderon: 2:09am On Nov 13, 2018
Mizwisdom:
They sell their daughters off and give them nothing in return grin Biafrans, our wonderful neighbors

The daughters are usually settled on the wedding day where after the whole reception and all The family members will now present her with the gifts she will move to her husband's house with.
Some rich folks even give houses and cars too depending on how well to do they are.

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 2:14am On Nov 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
he has giving me consent..thank you

To which number do you want it? Include network name
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by IdeyFindWife: 3:45am On Nov 13, 2018
Proudly dignifying rubbish with f00lishness

As with all archaic Nigerian customs, aren't these ones to be set aside already?
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Nickymezor(f): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2018
U damn rite
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2018
Yankee101:

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Mizwisdom(f): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2018
themanderon:

The daughters are usually settled on the wedding day where after the whole reception and all The family members will now present her with the gifts she will move to her husband's house with.
Some rich folks even give houses and cars too depending on how well to do they are.

Una de cheat females o grin why don't you all take gifts on your wedding day and leave the rest for the late man's wife if she's alive? So unmarried daughters will never get even those miserly gifts! The blind fold you guys used on your ladies will come off one day. No wonder you all are desperate for male kids lol cheesy
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
081.......Mtn
.thank you
I requested 5k mtn be sent to your number. Kindly check and confirm when you receive it. Let the other guy know too once u get it.

Enjoy.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2018
Yankee101:

thank you very much...seen
.God bless you
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 7:32am On Nov 13, 2018
Yankee101:

I requested 5k mtn be sent to your number. Kindly check and confirm when you receive it. Let the other guy know too once u get it.

Enjoy.
seen ...I am indeed grateful..may you be favoured
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2018
docadams:

cc Yankee 101
he has sent the recharge card...I am indeed grateful for allowing me use your opportunity..... your kind is rare..thank you very much
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2018
docadams:

Gave her the 5k mtn as requested.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
seen ...I am indeed grateful..may you be favoured

You're welcome. You can edit your number out of the post now if you wish so it won't just be online
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by SachaBastien(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2018
He should say it is Anambra thing not generally Igbos. When my father's mother died in Imo state, 1.3m left his account and nothing came back. When his in-law in Enugu-Ukwu which is in Anambra died, he went with a bus loaded with gifts. Personally, I think Africans should just bury the dead and everyone goes home.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by docadams: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2018
Yankee101:

Gave her the 5k mtn as requested.

Blessings of the Lord upon you. My appreciation. You are a brother's keeper!
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Yankee101: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2018
docadams:

Blessings of the Lord upon you. My appreciation. You are a brother's keeper!

You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Question: What Is Igbako In English? / Mbediọgụ: The Controversial Tortoise And Other Folklores / Emir Of Zazzau, Shehu Idris, Dies At 84

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.