Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,790 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of (7658 Views)

Things To Know Before Starting A Blog / Blogging – The Hidden Secrets About This Money Making Venture / Can One Operate A Blog With Just An Android Mobile Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by mysticgal(f): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2018
MrWondah:

They are called heading tags in HTML.
Apart from readability it Also tells search engines the structure of your post, site.
thank you
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Bloggingscope: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2018
Sanchez01:
No 3 and 5 is wrong. Very wrong. Except you are running data expending websites, you just won't be spending more data than you do using Nairaland monthly. Plus, submitting backlinks aren't as difficult as many think they are. All you just need to do is target certain areas where your blog can easily be seen.

You don't need 100 backlinks with tiny PRs as they are waste of time. Target 10-15 sites with very high PR and DA and watch the magic.

On number 5, '.com' is just a a domain extension and it has no super leverage over other extensions. Every Jack and John tend to believe that a website's address must end with .com, which is false. There are some extensions now that are incredibly enjoying Google's SR's first page and they are not .com.

You are very wrong on this sir!

As per data axpense, am sure you didn't read it into details. Do you know how many online blog posts i surf to read in a day as a blogger?

Apart from this, as a beginner blogger do you know the amount of data the so called person will waste designing a blog?

Between Forget all these easy backlinks, backlink is very difficult and not just very, very very difficult I must say.

Targeting 15 sites then am very sure those 15 sites must have DA of 95 minimum then do you know how tedious it can be to get your links on websites with DA of 95?
not talking of subdomains here like blog.microsoft.com etc please, am talking of microsoft.com

Am currently on a backlink hunt for my blog and i know how i suffered to get those .edu and .gov backlinks

Maybe you have other techniques you use to get backlinks, pls tell your guy tongue
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Ruddyman(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2018
Good one ops
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Ruddyman(m): 10:14am On Nov 19, 2018
Bloggingscope:

As per data axpense, am sure you didn't read it into details. Do you know how many online blog posts i surf to read in a day as a blogger?

Apart from this, as a beginner blogger do you know the amount of data the so called person will waste designing a blog?

Between Forget all these easy backlinks, backlink is very difficult and not just very, very very difficult I must say.

Targeting 15 sites then am very sure those 15 sites must have DA of 95 minimum then do you know how tedious it can be to get your links on websites with DA of 95?
not talking of subdomains here like blog.microsoft.com etc please, am talking of microsoft.com

Am currently on a backlink hunt for my blog and i know how i suffered to get those .edu and .gov backlinks

Maybe you have other techniques you use to get backlinks, pls tell your guy tongue

You have a point there...especially on building backlinks from high DA sites...

That's were knowing how to use the search queries comes in, a little diligent search might yield a good result on that sha
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Bloggingscope: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2018
Ruddyman:

You have a point there...especially on building backlinks from high DA sites...

That's were knowing how to use the[b] search queries comes in, a little diligent search might yield a good result on that sha[/b]

You don get am cheesy
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by fastseo: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2018
Sanchez01:

I am sure you didn't mean that.

Am serious and Tha has even made me to produce more better content.
Get your writerp app, chrome browser and your WordPress mobile app then you are good to go
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2018
fastseo:
Please remove that "blogging with phone"
I have been blogging with my android phone for years now. If you are not comfortable with it others are.

In fact phones are the best device to blog with this days as it can go hours with out electricity.

two things involved.... You probably did not start your blog with your phone....
Or you are not using wordpress.....
When it comes to typing its possible with your phone... But if you plan to edit pictures, check up your security, backup files, activate and deactivate plugins, change themes and edit templates.... Then you are going through more stress than you think... Except the blog isnt solely urs....
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Sanchez01: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2018
Bloggingscope:

That .com is very popular does not mean it is the best. Domains are classified into different tiers. .com, .org, .net, .gov, .biz and .edu all fall under Top Level Domains (TLD). The TLD is further broken down as ccTLD, sTLD, and gTLD. Of these domains, .com is the most popular but not the best. If .com is the best as claimed, why do you think Google gives credence to sites with .edu and .gov backlinks? Why not the 'best' which .com?

As per data, except you are running a trial and error site whereby you download heavy sized-themes and plug-ins today, uninstall them tomorrow, download new ones thereafter, trust me, you don't need to break your bank just to buy data to blog. What should be taken into consideration is the frequency of new contents. If it's a site whereby you only post twice a week, then you need not bother about heavy data since you are only posting new contents eight times a month.

Believe me when I say getting backlinks are quite easy than write ups make them appear. I might reveal the trick someday but it isn't now. It is about looking in the right places.

.edu and .gov backlinks are tough to get. I have none on my sites two of my sites rank incredibly well. Safe to say you experience this difficulty. There is no short cut to breaking even, SERP-wise. As a blogger, working hard is key but it isn't the ultimate. Working smart is.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Sanchez01: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2018
fastseo:

Am serious and Tha has even made me to produce more better content.
Get your writerp app, chrome browser and your WordPress mobile app then you are good to go
You're limited with mobile phones, trust me. While it gives you on-the-go access, it doesn't make it the best.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by qanda: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2018
Find all the secrets you need to know about profitable blogging in two books - Profit blogging and 279 days to Overnight success. Both books are available for FREE download from the Business section of Q and A App.

Download Q and A App from Google Playstore
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Bloggingscope: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2018
Sanchez01:

That .com is very popular does not mean it is the best. Domains are classified into different tiers. .com, .org, .net, .gov, .biz and .edu all fall under Top Level Domains (TLD). The TLD is further broken down as ccTLD, sTLD, and gTLD. Of these domains, .com is the most popular but not the best. If .com is the best as claimed, why do you think Google gives credence to sites with .edu and .gov backlinks? Why not the 'best' which .com?

As per data, except you are running a trial and error site whereby you download heavy sized-themes and plug-ins today, uninstall them tomorrow, download new ones thereafter, trust me, you don't need to break your bank just to buy data to blog. What should be taken into consideration is the frequency of new contents. If it's a site whereby you only post twice a week, then you need not bother about heavy data since you are only posting new contents eight times a month.

Believe me when I say getting backlinks are quite easy than write ups make them appear. I might reveal the trick someday but it isn't now. It is about looking in the right places.

.edu and .gov backlinks are tough to get. I have none on my sites two of my sites rank incredibly well. Safe to say you experience this difficulty. There is no short cut to breaking even, SERP-wise. As a blogger, working hard is key but it isn't the ultimate. Working smart is.

Believe me bro, if you use .org domain for a blog. many will be trapped in by the .com owner. Talking from experience, i recently parked mu blog from a .com.ng to .com

As per data i won't argue much on data, i even stopped using system for my blog because it sucks my domain name, used 1.5GB in a day bro.

I mailed you yesterday and you did not reply bro
Are we fighting?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Sanchez01: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2018
Bloggingscope:

Believe me bro, if you use .org domain for a blog. many will be trapped in by the .com owner. Talking from experience, i recently parked mu blog from a .com.ng to .com

As per data i won't argue much on data, i even stopped using system for my blog because it sucks my domain name, used 1.5GB in a day bro.

I mailed you yesterday and you did not reply bro
Are we fighting?

True that.

The mail linked to this account isn't functional. I got the PM notice on here but can't access it off of here.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Bloggingscope: 10:53am On Nov 19, 2018
Sanchez01:

True that.

The mail linked to this account isn't functional. I got the PM notice on here but can't access it off of here.

Drop your mail bro
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Augustagbo(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2018
Blogging atimes is boring
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Bloggingscope: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2018
Augustagbo:
Blogging atimes is boring

No bro! cool

though It can be in few months after starting!
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Ayobami7(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2018
noted
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by ibietela2(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
And who told you .xyz is FREE?
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by fastseo: 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Sanchez01:

You're limited with mobile phones, trust me. While it gives you on-the-go access, it doesn't make it the best.

Like what and what.
Please list in terms of blogging on WordPress or even designing a simple WordPress theme.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by updatedws: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
Pls how do I edit pictures obtained from other sites before uploading onto my blog?

Is there an app for this?

I read the op talking about editing pictures.

Pls a help newbie blogger

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Bloggingscope: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
updatedws:
Pls how do I edit pictures obtained from other sites before uploading onto my blog?

Thanks

If you have photoshop or power point on your system.

If you want to use power point, I can help you. Just mail me
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Sanchez01: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
fastseo:

Like what and what.
Please list in terms of blogging on WordPress or even designing a simple WordPress theme.
Lol. Simple. You can't download your .htaccess file to your phone, edit and re-upload for starters.

What happens when there is an issue within your root folder and your attention is urgently required as as your site will likely suffer for it?

Blogging goes beyond just working on your CMS via your wp-admin backend.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by millionaireblog: 12:24am On Nov 20, 2018
mysticgal:
please what's h1,h2,h3,h4 and all those words

H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6 are the six levels of headings in an HTML script.

Now let me explain in a lay man's language;
If you want to type something and post it on a website, you can choose any of those six level of headings to start your paragraph.

The 6 level of headers are different from each other in its sizes.

H1 is the biggest size of them, while H6 is the least.

I hope that was helpful. wink

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by millionaireblog: 12:30am On Nov 20, 2018
updatedws:

Thanks

You can edit pictures on Photoshop, just watch some YouTube videos to find your way around it.

Or better still, there's a very seamless way to create amazing and dope graphics and pictures for your blog.

Go to [url]canva.com[/url] and explore

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by fastseo: 2:25am On Nov 20, 2018
Sanchez01:

Lol. Simple. You can't download your .htaccess file to your phone, edit and re-upload for starters.

What happens when there is an issue within your root folder and your attention is urgently required as as your site will likely suffer for it?

Blogging goes beyond just working on your CMS via your wp-admin backend.

Is it htaccess file I download any how using fftp app from play store.

3 days ago I even had to gzip, all this could be possible via the file
One even said u can't install plugin... My God.

One said u can't edict pictures my God..

The only limitation is the drag and drop stuff... At times it gives problem apart from that all you do with your laptop as far as WordPress is concern i do them with my phone perfectly.

I hate to on the Gen at 2am.... I just charge my phone and before day breaks I have written 4 solid content.
But with laptop u will need light 24/7 to perform all that.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by updatedws: 5:34am On Nov 20, 2018
Bloggingscope:

If you have photoshop or power point on your system.

If you want to use power point, I can help you. Just mail me

Boss pls email me at ezestan26@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by millionaireblog: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2018
I’ve been blogging since 2009 and I can emphatically say that you can make A LOT of money blogging - much more than doctors, lawyers, techies, and bankers. It’s largely because of blogging that allowed me to quit my investment banking job at the age of 24.

Here are 5 tips on how to monetize your blog that I have personally used:-
[img]https://3.bp..com/-AC1MW0YiP2U/WDatQLyG5qI/AAAAAAAAvfc/WiYTdzV8sCwSq2L6A0lEkbodLip0_NiCgCLcB/s640/image11.jpeg[/img]

1. Sell Ads Spaces

This is a serious business for those that have massive traffic and/or targeted audience. For instance; a popular tech blog can earn money running targeted ads for a mobile phone company while ads can also be displayed for majorly popularity purpose. If your blog controls high traffic then this is something you shouldn’t take for granted.

Ad banners come in different sizes and types which simply mean, every ad banner carries its own cost.

These banners can be displayed for a month(s) or a specified period agreed upon. The minimum basic advert charges for a newbie blog with reasonable traffic can with 5k-6k for a month or 10k-12k for two months. The charges can be further modified when the popularity of your blog grows.

2. Online Affiliate Marketing

This is a form of online business that allows you to earn money referring buyers to buy products sold by any e-commerce company you’re in affiliation with. How online affiliate marketing works is; when you’re in partnership with any company (sell products/services online e.g konga, jumia, dealdey, hostgator etc), commission gets to you when a customer you refer via affiliate link ends up purchasing a product from the company in question.

For instance; a product worth 100k has an affiliate commission of 10%. It simply means you will get 10k for every person you refer to this product. Now imagine you referred 10 persons; that is simply 100k in your pocket.

3. Product Reviews and Sponsored Posts

You can as well help people write product reviews directly on your blog; this is another sweet way of making money blogging in Nigeria. It’s a form of advert where people with new products will pay you to help them promote their products on your blog, in this kind of post will expose whatever product you’re reviewing to your blog audience and in return will make that product popular.

Also, a sponsored post can be submitted to you for publishing by someone who wants to take advantage of the great traffic your site generates, this post isn’t usually written by you; they could be press releases or written entirely by someone else. Leverage on either/both methods of monetization and see the money rolling in.

4. Create YouTube Videos

This is also a creative way to monetize your blog, you can make massive wealth by just creating videos and uploading them on YouTube. This is it, after doing the needful on YouTube, you can always notify your blog audience to watch your videos and follow your YouTube channel, hence pulling massive traffic from your blog to get to watch your videos directly on your blog.

Dash straight to YouTube, create a new account or login with your existing Gmail account, after uploading a couple of videos you can then submit for video monetization, after your video has been approved for monetization, Google ads would start popping up and then you can start earning money when people watch your videos on YouTube.

5. Google Adsense

Getting AdSense ads to display on your blog is another way to monetize but can be kind of stressful due to the high level of adherences to Google AdSense policies. Google won’t grant your blog AdSense if you haven’t properly followed the AdSense and webmaster’s policies before applying to the AdSense program.

High traffic on your blog complements AdSense because AdSense works with EPC (Earnings Per Click) and CPC (Cost Per Click). Literally, Traffic + AdSense = $$$. The commission you should get depends on how much the advertisers are paying Google for a specific ad, the price should be as low as 2 cents but in very rare cases goes beyond 1$.

So, these are the 5 tips; doing this on your own and trying figuring this out took me years, it could be painful and might even cost you money.

I've got an easier way. I want to make it easy for you, as I don't want you to go through all those pain.

Click here now to know more wink >>>http://kilenraprime.com/2018/11/15/monetizing-your-blog/

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by myseyf(m): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2018
updatedws:

Thanks
Why would you want to uplift photos from other sites when you can use free tools like pixabay and canva?
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by myseyf(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Sanchez01:

You are right... Building quality backlinks isn't as hard as it seems and you don't have to place links on 1000+ sites to get results.
Strategic link building is what I'm doing right now for my site. Small in number they may seem, but weigh heavily on Google.
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by bobbyANSELEM: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
5 THINGS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE GOING INTO BLOGGING.

At first when I started blogging I was inexperienced. I knew absolutely nothing about SEO and that was my major regret.

So, i decided to write this piece of article to bring to your awareness on major SEO Tips you need to know before starting up your blog.

Follow this link to read the major SEO Tips you should know before starting up a blog
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by brightonos40: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
What about paying developer to build the website, do someone's really need a paid themes?
PrinceOgun:
Also do not use nulled themes or free themes gotten of the internet or friends , your site would be hacked in the nearest future if you go down this road !

TRY AND INVEST IN BUYING PREMUIM THEMES AND PLUGINS !!

If you do not have money to buy if outrightly from the developers on themeforest , which sells between 49$ - 70$ (20k - 30k in nairia) You can buy it cheaply from resellers here , click the link below >>>>> <<<<<<

More funds in your Aza as you reep the benefits on this selfmade journey of blogging!!
Re: Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bloggingscope:

hello boss just stumble on this pls I want just start blogging pls can you recommend cheap hosting price and good wp theme. I have watch some video on YouTube on how to edit it. waiting for your response. and is sports niche good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? / Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging / E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.