Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash (26989 Views)

Wike Shuts Down Atiku Campaign Office In Rivers / Power Rotation: Fayose Reading PDP’s Constitution Upside Down – Atiku / Hundreds Sleep On Maiduguri Streets For Fear Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by dre11(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
“The Atiku campaign is in soup,” said the executive, who asked not to be named. “The problem is that every advert agency the Atiku team has approached, the ones that I am aware of, they turned down the offer because of the fear that the government would move against them. I turned them down myself, both cash and cheque offers to have Atiku featured on billboards in Lagos.”

Advert agencies in Nigeria are turning down offers from Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), for fear of backlash from President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, SaharaReporters has been told.

Although the official window of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for commencement of political adverts is November 18, politicians have been staying ahead of the game by using third parties, such as pressure and support groups, to place adverts at strategic points in their cities.

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has been doing a lot of this, for instance.

However, speaking with SaharaReporters, an ad agency executive in Lagos said the fear of the government of the day is preventing them from accepting promotional materials from Atiku.
“The Atiku campaign is in soup,” said the executive, who asked not to be named.

“The problem is that every advert agency the Atiku team has approached, the ones that I am aware of, they turned down the offer because of the fear that the government would move against them. I turned them down myself, both cash and cheque offers to have Atiku featured on billboards in Lagos.”

SaharaReporters understands that at least 12 advert agencies — five in Abuja and seven in Lagos — have rejected ad requests by Atiku’s campaign team.

“In Abuja, I’m sure five of my colleagues turned them down just as I did,” the source continued.
“In Lagos, I know six of us have said no to Atiku. Add me to the list then you have seven. We all are afraid. We don’t want to be seen as taking sides. Of course it is revenue for us, but we don’t want to do it. It’s not about using our avenues to propagate falsehood; it’s purely that we don’t want to be seen by the government as identifying with the opposition.

“Some of us are waiting to get Buhari adverts. It’s not like Buhari’s campaign team will pay us more than Atiku’s is offering; it’s just that it’s safer for us than what the Atiku guys are offering.”

SaharaReporters contacted Segun Sowunmi, spokesman of the Atiku Presidential Campaign Organisation (APCO), for comments but he declined to speak on the matter, saying: ‘For now, I have no comments on this.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/12/exclusive-ad-agencies-turning-down-atiku-adverts-fear-buhari-backlash
Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by BankeSmalls(f): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
Government terrorism grin

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by SeverusSnape(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
You see...

This is what happens when a dictatorial government is in power. Democracy died with the previous administration.

Shame on buhari the lifeless.

298 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by zombieTRACKER: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
Buhari is a dictator

All evidence says so
This are the things we heard during military era

207 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by luvinhubby(m): 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2018
This is very bad for our democracy

188 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
This is evil knocking on our doors.

The dark cloud hovering around our dome is not looking good...

Even Hitler allowed freedom of business decisions in the height of Nazi reigns in 1941...!

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by NORSIYK(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
The illiterate lifeless thing wants to turn himself to demigod.

By the special grace of God he will be disgraced come 2019.

Vote for Atiku for President.

Vote for Ihedioha for Governor.

Ihedioha Speaks!

“I will lead Ndi Imo from the front. I’m out to liberate my people and I assure you that Imo under my watch will be governed differently from what we have today”.

..Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Jflex07(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
Watch how Yoruba Muslims and bmcs will flood this thread to justify this heinous and shameful act. Thunder scatter the bastard lifeless dullard and his supporters.

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by bedspread: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
That's tooo bad...

So In other words DEMOCRACY IS DEAD Here!

IF GEJ had done dis then I don't think Pmb will be here today!

It's Disgraceful!

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
Every right thinking Nigerian must condemn these evil act .

PDP played a levelled playing ground for all, why can't Buhari do the same ?

I just hope that the Buhari we all know, will concede defeat in 2019 peacefully like PDP did in 2015..

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by sekundosekundo: 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
When tyranny becomes LAW, rebellion becomes DUTY.

GEJ is a democrat while Buhari is an enemy to democracy.

This picture says a lot.......

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Kenekingisback: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
Go overseas...
Most printing companies in Lagos belong to Tinubu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Gabaleve(m): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
smiley
and e get one PDP poster fr my gate o...

make I go remove am sharply, I nor fit die fr any party

last last, all of dem na d same

but buhari must go sha

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by bedspread: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
buhariguy:
This is another avenue to block thief atiku from spreading his virus corrupt money.
Look in a Mirror, Repeat what U Just said while looking at the Mirror! U will know that what u just relayed makes no Meaning

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by DealZnaija: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Let him go and open his own Advertising agency....No be by force to use the existing ones na!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by LastSurvivor11: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
What do expect from a man who only understand shoot shoot..
No diplomacy..
No tolerance..
Lemme assume the blood of people he killed as a soldier is still disturbing him..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Isn't Buhari a certificateless, tribalistic and religious bigoted Dictator

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Alepa(m): 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
SeverusSnape:
You see...

This is what happens when a dictatorial government is in power. Democracy died with the previous administration.
Shut up.
Stinking stupid post

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by sekundosekundo: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
buhariguy:
This is another avenue to block thief atiku from spreading his virus corrupt money.

DealZnaija:
Let him go and open his own Advertising agency....No be by force to use the existing ones na!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Wiki9ja: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Kclique: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Buhari is a WITCH!

Atiku is a Nigerian whereas Buhari is a Sudanese.

Who should enjoy ads in country's opportunities more?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by sureheaven(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Sowore u can’t conclude for now because it’s not time for campaign and if it’s true, Atiku shld go back to Dubai and pay the ad agents overthere to advertise for him.

3 Likes

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Dee60: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
BUTIKU.

Spot the difference. There is probably none.

1 Like

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by ikaboy: 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2018
Atiku and his thinks PROPAGANDA will work again this time?? Anyways my gullible brothers across the Niger should have what to feast on.

Baba smiling at their empty noise

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Sammyblaq(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiot sighted...

We don't care whatever.
Jubril is out already.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
buhariguy:

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash by argon500: 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
If true

This is not good for our democracy

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Suspended NPA MD, Hadiza Bala Ceded Intels Terminals To Dangote / Colonel Anthony Obi Is Dead (Photo) / List Of Senate Presidents & Speakers Of The House Of Representatives Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.