Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You (16650 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Her Boss Wants To Sleep With Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by jumia1: 12:57am On Nov 13, 2018
It happens to a lot us, and most people admit they never saw it coming, new research reveals.

While being sacked is a real fear for many, just under one in five (18.7%) professionals admit it’s actually happened to them.

Worryingly, more than a half (53.8%) of them said they didn’t expect it.

Nearly three quarters (70.9%) of professionals said the most ominous sign to watch out for is if your boss ‘raises concerns about your performance’.

Just over two thirds (68%) said you may be on your way out if you ‘receive a formal disciplinary’.

If you experience one of these two signs, it’s time you made a serious change to save your job.

But there are still plenty of other signs to watch out for about the office.

The signs you're about to get fired

Raised concerns around performance – 70.9%

Receiving a formal disciplinary – 68%

Recently making a big mistake at work – 37.4%

Upsetting a manager and/or co-worker(s) – 27.9%

Workload being reduced – 27.1%

Being avoided by managers – 23.7%

Hearing rumours from colleagues – 22.5%

Senior staff having lots of meetings – 22.0%

Shifts have been reduced – 16.9%

Manager is training up colleagues – 13.4%

There are many steps you can take to get you and your job back on track.
Think about your performance

Are there any areas you could improve on? By developing your skills, you can excel any areas you may be underperforming in.
Be clear on your rights

There’s certain boxes employers must tick before they can fire someone, so read up online to get a better understanding of your rights.
Arrange a meeting with your boss

Explain why you’re concerned about your job and be sure to come armed with examples of how you contribute towards the team.
Set up a meeting with HR

They’ll be clued up on the situation and are able to offer advice or intervene if you feel you’re facing unfair dismissal.
Prepare for the worst case scenario

While it’s difficult to think about, if you’re not right for the role it could be time to update your CV and browse other opportunities in your industry.

Lee Biggins, founder of online job site CV-Library, said: ‘If you’re concerned about your job, it’s best to speak with your manager or the HR department.

‘They’ll be able to help you identify if there really is a problem and advise you on how to resolve it.

Source:http://jumiaforum.com/?listing=signs-ways-out-that-show-you-that-you-are-about-to-be-sacked-by-your-boss

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by GodsT(f): 7:12am On Nov 13, 2018
Noted
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by Pentools(m): 7:12am On Nov 13, 2018
O.P this is too heavy for breakfast, why do u want most folks to start the day's work with nervousness and fear. Stuffs as this should be best on weekends.

Anyways....self employment is the best thing that can happen to any reasonable being especially with the current Nigeria settings.

BTW.... Time to #Atikulate!!!
Atikuobi 2019....president Atiku from 2019!!!

18 Likes

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2018
Entrepreneur is bae!

Being an entrepreneur, you don't need to be afraid of any 'big head' boss sacking you! wink

You rule your world!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by daseento(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by Alzirida(f): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2018
Thats correct.
My experience was different though.
My Director actually entrusted bigger job on me,
He gave me some extra work outside my job description.

Only to be fired at month end.

I was fired for a breech of company set rules not for incompetence.
I was one of their best hands. They felt bad losing me

3 Likes

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by budusky05(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by Realname: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2018
I can relate I am about to fire someone and yes these are.going on
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2018
When he asks for your WAEC results when he knows, you have only an Original NEPA bill to show.

5 Likes

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by tuzle(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2018
I can't relate, let me gain small experience.
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by OboOlora(f): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2018
That mumu APC meisuya boy up there sef de call himself entrepreneur

Life don spoil

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by qanda: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by lonelydora: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2018
I sacked my boss before he even thought of me. He was micro-managing us. Office politics skyrocketed without any regard for competency. I honourably resigned.

Self employment is the best. They marvel at how well I'm doing now

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2018
Interesting piece.
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by lonelydora: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2018
Alzirida:
Thats correct.

Are you the one in the picture? You stay in Pitakwa? Okay nah.

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2018
post=72921336:
Entrepreneur is bae!

Being an entrepreneur, you don't need to be afraid of any 'big head' boss sacking you! wink

You rule your world!
I laugh...

Entrepreneur that murdered his suya business for 30k job?

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2018
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
wink cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 13, 2018
My dear nowadays it’s best to save your energy for an environment that encourages mutual growth and unity...

Some times people just carry family history and look for ways to pull you down other times you have a genuine need to improve but most times I’ve found that the valuable ones are sometimes let go at a huge loss.

Nobody is like you ...you can be replaced but never duplicated aim to leave value everywhere you go and for the bosses it’s not everyone you hire that’s like you ...hire diversity hire honesty treasure loyalty because that’s what stands when the business is in dire need ...all this my mums sister cousin can do it better than you won’t work because you don’t hire from your comfort zone you hire who can get it done not only the cost effective way but who can train others...

I don’t beg for employment I seek to leave value that will stay long after I’ve gone

4 Likes

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by stackscripts: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2018
software developer

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by Alzirida(f): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2018
lonelydora:

Are you the one in the picture? You stay in Pitakwa? Okay nah.
I can't remember asking u to check my DP
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by lonelydora: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2018
Alzirida:

Just Negodu.

1 Like

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by ChiefAlex(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2018
Alzirida:

What are you feeling like. A goddess or what?
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by patrickjohn222: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2018
the bossshows signs of which sack to who and what
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by israelmao(m): 7:55am On Nov 13, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
I laugh...

Entrepreneur that murdered his suya business for 30k job?

No wonder he is all over every thread singing Buhari's praise.If N30k can do that much one wonders what N30m will do!

4 Likes

Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by luckygeee: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2018
Alzirida:
Thats correct.

love your pic though
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by ehix89(m): 8:00am On Nov 13, 2018
Alzirida:
Thats correct.

are you still in search of a job, i'ld want to hire you
Re: Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You by Ruddyman(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2018
I can relate.....Performance is the key sign...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / A Nairalander Now A Naval Personel / Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.