Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church (17767 Views)

'i Did Not Curse Ituah Ighodalo' Says Adeboye. / Sack Of Ighodalo: Adeboye Was Wrong — Tunde Bakare / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by TMemos: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5595712-146/ighodalo_launches_ministry___.csp

Ighodalo launches ministry
Adeola Adeyemo
July 19, 2010 02:53AM
print email

Former Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ Church Parish, Gbagada, Ituah Ighodalo yesterday inaugurated his new assembly at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The launch of the new assembly, Trinity House, was witness by a large turnout of members and well wishers.

In his welcome message, Mr. Ighodalo thanked ministers, friends and family, who stood by him during his period of difficulty. “I want to thank all the ministers of God who gave us encouragement in those dark times. May God continue to bless you all.” Mr. Ighodalo last year left his position as Pastor of Christ Church Parish due to controversies over his second marriage to Jumoke Ajayi in 2007. The controversies arose because his first wife was still alive.

He introduced the new church, Trinity House, as a church with a mission to transform the society and the future of generations yet unborn. He said “It is with great pleasure that I welcome you,

in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to Trinity House, a place where children of God of all denominations can gather in fellowship for the propagation and advancement of God’s kingdom here on earth.” Speaking at the inauguration, Pastor Fagboyegun who represented the Ekiti State governor, Olusegun Mimiko, urged Mr Ighodalo to continue in his calling. He said, “We believe in the anointing of God upon your ministry. We believe God that great shall be your destiny. Through God, you will do great things. The government of my state believes in you.”

Other dignitaries at the event included former governor of Ekiti State, Niyi Adebayo, former first lady of Cross River state, Onari Duke, former high commissioner to the United Kingdom, Christopher Kolade, amongst others.

Mr. Ighodalo said he had received tremendous support from Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Church of God saying “I want to thank my General Overseer and his wife, Pastor E.A Adeboye and his wife who said to me, Ituah, in spite of everything, I still believe in you and I want to assure you that I have his full support for that which is happening here tonight.”
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by jot01(m): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
TMemos:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5595712-146/ighodalo_launches_ministry___.csp

Ighodalo launches ministry
Adeola Adeyemo
July 19, 2010 02:53AM
print email

Former Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ Church Parish, Gbagada, Ituah Ighodalo yesterday inaugurated his new assembly at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The launch of the new assembly, Trinity House, was witness by a large turnout of members and well wishers.

In his welcome message, Mr. Ighodalo thanked ministers, friends and family, who stood by him during his period of difficulty. “I want to thank all the ministers of God who gave us encouragement in those dark times. May God continue to bless you all.” Mr. Ighodalo last year left his position as Pastor of Christ Church Parish due to controversies over his second marriage to Jumoke Ajayi in 2007. The controversies arose because his first wife was still alive.

He introduced the new church, Trinity House, as a church with a mission to transform the society and the future of generations yet unborn. He said “It is with great pleasure that I welcome you,

in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to Trinity House, a place where children of God of all denominations can gather in fellowship for the propagation and advancement of God’s kingdom here on earth.” Speaking at the inauguration, Pastor Fagboyegun who represented the Ekiti State governor, Olusegun Mimiko, urged Mr Ighodalo to continue in his calling. He said, “We believe in the anointing of God upon your ministry. We believe God that great shall be your destiny. Through God, you will do great things. The government of my state believes in you.”

Other dignitaries at the event included former governor of Ekiti State, Niyi Adebayo, former first lady of Cross River state, Onari Duke, former high commissioner to the United Kingdom, Christopher Kolade, amongst others.

Mr. Ighodalo said he had received tremendous support from Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Church of God saying “I want to thank my General Overseer and his wife, Pastor E.A Adeboye and his wife who said to me, Ituah, in spite of everything, I still believe in you and I want to assure you that I have his full support for that which is happening here tonight.”
[/quot

This is a Good Post but why Make Mistakes.
Who is the Governor of Ekiti State?
Is it Mimiko or Segun Oni.

Please always get correct Info before posting Interesting and Good Topics like this,

Thanks
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by jot01(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2010
This is a Good Post but why Make Mistakes.
Who is the Governor of Ekiti State?
Is it Mimiko or Segun Oni.

Please always get correct Info before posting Interesting and Good Topics like this,

Thanks
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by opeyemiolu(f): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
Congratulations to Ituah. I support his move as RCCG will not allow him to continue doing what God has called him to do, Trinity House is a welcome development.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by vinmol: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2010
hi nice story,
kindly finish the story is he with his first or second wife right now? grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by opeyemiolu(f): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2010
Congratulations to Ituah. I support his move as RCCG will not allow him to continue doing what God has called him to do, Trinity House is a welcome development.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by hackney(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2010
More money.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by lagoshost(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
This is very wrong as his wife is till alive!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by DejiYesufu(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2010
lagoshost:

It is to the kind of post above I wish to respond to: There is a prayer we should all pray and that is not to marry the wrong person; Divorce is hell. Only God should put people together and only God can command a seperation. If Ighadalo divorced and married another, let no man Judge him but leave him to God.
The Redeemed Church(RCCG) that has chosen to crucify him for his actions will be judged for greater sins they do that no man see them doing.
I wish the good pastor success in ministry and I pray again in yoruba 'Olorun o ni je ka ri ogun divorce O!'.
Amen.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by baslone: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
Nice one!! Him sef don soji himself! Him don know as he dey go!!!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by VALIDATOR: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2010
Now he can buy his own private jet. grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by kaiosama(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
church business nawaooo!!. make una shine eye oo! cry shocked shocked
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by seunmsg(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2010

Pastor Ighodalo divorced his first wife long before he became a born again christian and even then, the lady in question is now married to another person with kids. So please, don't blame him if he remarries.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Shinatu: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
DejiYesufu:

It is to the kind of post above I wish to respond to: There is a prayer we should all pray and that is not to marry the wrong person; Divorce is hell. Only God should put people together and only God can command a seperation. If Ighadalo divorced and married another, let no man Judge him but leave him to God.
The Redeemed Church(RCCG) that has chosen to crucify him for his actions will be judged for greater sins they do that no man see them doing.
I wish the good pastor success in ministry and I pray again in yoruba 'Olorun o ni je ka ri ogun divorce O!'.
Amen.

I do not think they crucified him, they just have a laid down principle of how thier Ministers /Pastors should be, based on their understanding of the scriptures. I do not think they wish him evil.

I am not a member of RCCG by the way, I just try to understand other's people perspective to the best of my ability
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by dustydee: 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2010
VALIDATOR:

Now he can buy his own private jet. grin
on what basis?He must pay his dues first and remember a labourer is worthy of his wages.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Redman44(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
I'm not surprised that Ituah has decided to start his own church. Intelligent and industrious men like him cannot thrive under a large central leadership like the one that obtains in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. I've read a lot about Ituah Ighodalo's achievements as the Pastor of the RCCG Branch at Gbagada. Was he not the one that was publishing a solid Newspaper some years ago? I wish him the best in his new venture. The only thing I won't want to hear is that his new church has been turned into a commercial entity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. He should focus on making his congregation candidates for heaven. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Ninapha(f): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
Christianity has a standard. Yes! I do not blame the RCCG neither the pastor.

Every case should be well looked into before counter condemnation

wherefore the first wife is confirmed to have married another man, I do not see any reason why The pastor has to remain unmarried and even if he wishes to continue in the marriage, have the RCCG sort the mind of the so called wife who is rather married to another man,  would Ighodalo live all his live without a wife?  

If the first wife is willing to go back to him in all sincerity, then RCCG have no case but if she is comfortable with her faith and husband, loose Ighadalo and let him go!

I would be more comfortable to know him with a wife than chasing all the ladies in the church in the name of keeping faith.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by damilola15: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2010
More churches, he'd adopt the RCCG strategy of establishing parishes.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by akigbemaru: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2010
I am shaking my head right now, my people are gullible to let solicitors a.k.a. men of gods serve as middle men between them and their God. Whereas, history has it that those who spoon-feed babies would never spoon-feed ground but their mouths. Anyway, Karl Marx had envisaged present scenario of Nigeria in a microcosm, when he said "religion is the opium of the people."
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by softgirl1: 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
No man has the power to judge anyone i don't know too much of this Idahosa pastor but all the same i congratulate him it is beta for him to be married than commiting sin with younger girls
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by yepa: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
It is all about the benjamins,jare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

bloody rogue why V/I why not ajegunle or Ikotun,Egbe?

I rest my case.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by lysaa(f): 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2010
. .and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by jpworld(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
The Greatest scam in Nigeria is Churches, God will bless you, if you go to church, then while in the church, God will bless you if you pay your tithe and give offering. have faith , that faith is the key to the scam,
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by buzugee(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
yeah i remember watching a program on BBC in england. this black british guy was doing an expose on churches in nigeria and how africa is the next big christian explosion revival etc etc. anyway so he went to this hugeeeeeeee church in naija and told them he was from BBC and he was doing a coverage on them. the pastor pulled him aside and offered him bribe of 1000 dollars so that he wouldnt expose what they are doing there LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO. why would you bribe a black british reporter if you are above board ? AMAZING. the guy had at least 10,000 people in his church. imagine the tithe for 10,000 people ? kachinggggggg. i think they said the guy had 2 bentleys and a coupla lamborginis or something. dont quote me on that.

AHHHH i just found the guy on youtube. his name is dr robert beckford. this is him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCTttoyQlgI
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Kilode1: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2010
Speaking at the inauguration, Pastor Fagboyegun who represented the Ekiti State governor, Olusegun Mimiko, urged Mr Ighodalo to continue in his calling. He said, “We believe in the anointing of God upon your ministry. We believe God that great shall be your destiny. Through God, you will do great things. The government of my state believes in you.”

Another name dropping, "Bigmanism" infested religious event, smh

They keep placing big, comfy chairs in front of the church for looters and cheaters to sit their hipocritical a*ses on, and they want to preach morality to us?

carry on, one day Nigerians will learn.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by alanbolo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
Kilode?!:

Another name dropping, "Bigmanism" infested religious event, smh

They keep placing big, comfy chairs in front of the church for looters and cheaters to sit their hipocritical a*ses on, and they want to preach morality to us?

carry on, one day Nigerians will learn.

when we see them doing break-dance on the streets, folks might not know that is fire burning/roasting their behind.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2010
dustydee:

on what basis?He must pay his dues first and remember a labourer is worthy of his wages.
Tell them O! before they start spraying their mouths. Lay Men!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by baslone: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2010
The streetz's military!

You gotta be a SOLJA!!!

Translation: LIFE IS JUST A hell OF A BIG HUSTLE!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by matiltomd(f): 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2010
I honestly like Itua Ighodalo but I'm not just comfortable with the name dropping associated with the reporting,
"Other dignitaries at the event included former governor of Ekiti State, Niyi Adebayo, former first lady of Cross River state, Onari Duke, former high commissioner to the United Kingdom, Christopher Kolade, amongst others".
, Dignitaries sha!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by kemisuga(f): 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2010
I am really HAPPY about this,
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by sophy09: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
When did church become a business which you can start and close any time. Those that were invited were his

investors. There are numerous churches in Nigeria and yet the people are still hungry and the country is still corrupt.

You can imagine a church in civic center, how much will he be paying for rent? Is the church opened to less privileged

people? My people perish because they lack knowledge. I am not against the pastor or his church but there are some

things more important the church. I pray God comes soon and redeem us all.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by labiyemmy(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
who is he please? and why did he make news?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shiloh 2020 Thread / Midnight Back To Sender Prayer Points / Happy 68th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.