Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report (44324 Views)

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him / Apc Rally Crisis! The Video That Nailed Nurtw Top Shot, Adekunle Mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by citizenY(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Keep quiet Osinbanjo was caught red handed dipping his hand in the cookie jar and quickly set about to pre empt his exposure by announcing that PDP planned to humiliate him at Dubai strategy session ?
Dubai strategy sessions was 100 percent about drawing up and economic and macro blueprint to save the Nation once Atiku wins yet you think they went to Dubai to discuss an inconsequential VP who can't even sack a common cook in State house successfully.

Of what importance is the sacking of Osainbanjo to Atikus campaign ? None

We all know Osinbanjos problem is emanating from the evil APC who plan to exchange him in the coming days and replace him with Asiwaju as we have gathered

The only cookie jar available is the one you are already in. You are executing that script like a robot, Articulate well because it won't last long. Even wells dry up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ijaya123:

Biased opinion. Nowhere in the report Osinbajo indicted. All I see is desperate effort to tarnish the image of the VP by disgruntled and pain-filled elements. We know where all these is coming from and only the gullible ones are misled. Mission dead on arrival.

Rather those that conspired to steal the food meant for the poor, homeless and desperate should be fished out and dealt with according to the law of the land.

1) The board of NEMA was indicted for the malfeasance. He is the chairman of the board.
2) He was personally indicted in his capacity as the Acting President in this part:

FINDINGS:
On the emergency intervention of food security to the North-East to support the population ravaged by insurgency, a sum of N5,865,671,939.26 was approved and released in June 2017 vide a memo raised from the Office of the Acting President, directing the Hon. Minister of Finance and the Accountant General of the Federation to so act. The details further specified a directive to the Governor of CBN from the Ministry of Finance to pay the sum from the Consolidated Revenue Fund Account which the AGF is to raise a mandate for. This is in contravention of approval of NASS on the issuance of Euro Bond from which the Hon. Minister authorized the payment. The Euro Bond is for specified infrastructural projects and not for discretionary intervention. Furthermore, there is no specific appropriation by the National Assembly.

This contravenes Section 80 (4) of the 1999 constitution as amended: which states:
“No money shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund or any other public fund of the Federation, except in the manner prescribed by the National Assembly”
The money was paid to the following companies for supply of food items to the North East:-
1. Dangote Rice Ltd.
= N936,196,800.00
2. Golden Agric Input Ltd.
= N1,384,554,236.26
3. BUA Rice Ltd.
= N1,322,273,520.00
4. WACOT Ltd.
= N453,674,296.00
5. WACOT Ltd
= N939,946,089.00
6. NEMA
= N829,026,456.00
= N5,865,671,389.26

– Committee noted the flaws and infractions on the authorization granted and removal of such huge sum of money from the Consolidated Revenue Fund Account of the Federation in violation of section 80(2) of the Constitution, Section 16(2) of the Procurement Act and provisions of the Appropriation Act as approval of the Legislature was not sought nor obtained for such expenditure.

– Due process was not followed as taxes and interest accruable to government were not deducted and remitted to the FIRS on the sums released and paid into the accounts of the different corporate entities shown above, this created colossal loss of revenue to the Federal Government.
No meeting of the Federal Executive Council was held approving the contracts to the named companies and the release and crediting of the funds directly into the individual companies and NEMA bank account in blatant violation of approval limit allowed by law.

– It was revealed in the Public Hearing testimonies that Dangote Rice Ltd, WACOT Ltd, BUA Rice Ltd and Golden Agric Input Ltd had earlier received N2billion each from CBN as loan to mop up grains across the country.
– All the 6 States of the North East denied ever receiving this emergency intervention for food security in the North East for which about N5.8b was expended by the Federal Government.

– Out of about N5.8Billion. NEMA got N829,026,456 for logistics and it claimed it spent it as follows, without satisfactory evidence:
(i) General Logistic N369.5 million
(ii) Branding and packaging N189.00 million
(iii) Others (Marketing, Security, tracking and media) N248.6 million
(iv) Contingency N21.9 million

I don't know how much clearer the indictment could be. Are you willfully blind or you can't read? The only "desperation" here is coming from you.

3 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
deomelo:

Igbos are illiterates and they are not know for any capacity to read, they can not comprehend or purvey and sane and rational thoughts.

No surprises the mindless buffoon has nothing else coherent to say than ramble about Ipob.

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by KoeChz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
raumdeuter:

Just wait till 2023 first let's resolve 2019 and reelect Buhari first you will see those that will vote Osinbajo the same people who voted mko
which buhari are reelecting? The lifeless buhari or the sudanese clone lookalike; jubrin

1 Like

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by lloyds(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Is it written that VP diverted the funds. .or was it stated there that he conspired to steal.

It could have been taken out of out sight without his knowledge even as a conspiracy.

I will not judge him, the statement is not conclusive. He has been a wise man so far in the midst of extreme dirtiness of our polity.

I will not judge the VP, no I will not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
kolexy:

I find it hard to believe someone would write this about the VP based on this incoherent report.

Always expect such insanity, gutter thoughts and low mentality nonsense from Igbos and anti Nigerian elements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

No surprises the mindless buffoon has nothing else coherent to say than ramble about Ipob.
[/s]

Typical ignorant, unintelligent, low mentality and anti Nigerian ipob nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by KoeChz(m): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
kunmiiii:
They're trying desperately hard to discredit and besmirch the reputation of Osinbajo which will undoubtedly fail, No matter what they throw at him, it will only make him stronger, I'm sure he has prepared and envisaged for all these in the coming months.
he is prepared for possible leak. Mention one of buhari's aid, allies with corruption allegations that has been duly and properly investigated and prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Jetrue3oo: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
I have said over and over that corruption is in the blood of every Yoruba people.show one Yoruba man who preaches righteousness and I will show you the most righteous man in the universe

1 Like

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

[s]Typical ignorant, unintelligent, low mentality and anti Nigerian ipob nonsense.[/s]

Typically mindless buffoon who left the crux of the matter to ramble about Ipob.

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Typically mindless buffoon who left the crux of the matter to ramble about Ipob.
[/s]

What is the crux of the matter? Unintelligent and warped ipob rubbish fabricated by can't read and comprehend village Igbos ?

And you wonder why you jobless, rumor mongering and gossip peddling roadside Igbos bore me

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
lloyds:
Is it written that VP diverted the funds. .or was it stated there that he conspired to steal.

It could have been taken out of out sight without his knowledge even as a conspiracy.

I will not judge him, the statement is not conclusive. He has been a wise man so far in the midst of extreme dirtiness of our polity.

I will not judge the VP, no I will not.

That was the GEJ defense and his detractors didn't take that pathetic defense seriously. Competence matters. If you oversee an agency and your underlings run amok, you must be held accountable for you incompetence, even if you didn't conspire in the theft. Not to mention he blatantly violated the constitution in unilaterally appropriating funds without consulting the National Assembly as mandated. Funds that were borrowed for specific infrastructural projects, which he decided to divert to NEMA. That is not done in any country governed by the rule of law.

3 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by KoeChz(m): 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gandollar:
This is Nigeria! Everybody is a criminal.
i doubt if the whole rice is worth 800m. Na u pay 1.6b for donated goods which eventually got stolen. 1.6b wasted and the old trend continues

1 Like

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

[s]Typical ignorant, unintelligent, low mentality and anti Nigerian ipob nonsense.

What is the crux of the matter? Unintelligent and warped ipob rubbish fabricated by can't read and comprehend village Igbos ?

And you wonder why you jobless, rumor mongering and gossip peddling roadside Igbos bore me
[/s]

Mindless buffoon still can't take on any issue of substance other than the usual incoherent, infantile ramblings about Ipob. Of course you can't see the crux of the matter, cos you're a brain-dead mooron. What a surprise.

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by lloyds(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It happened in an organisation he wielded direct authority over. That makes him accountable even if the theft was by his underlings. At best, he would have proven incompetent not to know what went on under him. At worst, he would be a thief who committed the unconscionable crime of conspiring to profit from food meant for the poor, homeless and desperate.

Yes, you have a point. He is responsible as the head.
But how much is involved here. . The VP couldn't have conceived so low. The write up is so myopic and not conclusive.

I see people trying to find a cheap fault. They need to try harder.
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by millionboi2: 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
Remily:
From us to you.... Register Your Business name for 5k at Arise Legal Consult. Offer closes soon. consultarise@gmail.com
how will it get to me?
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Mindless buffoon still can't take on any issue of substance other than the usual incoherent, infantile ramblings about Ipob. Of course you can't see the crux of the matter, cos you're a brain-dead mooron. What a surprise.
[/s]

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by millionboi2: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
Cinderallagirl:
Forget it you can't be a pastor and politician at the same time undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
not in Nigeria.
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

[s]Typical ignorant, unintelligent, low mentality and anti Nigerian ipob nonsense.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

[/s]

I will go on exile if I don’t build Second Niger Bridge —President Jonathan

By News Express, Onitsha on 31/08/2012

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to go on exile if he fails to build the Second Niger Bridge before completing his term in 2015.

The Nigerian leader made the promise in his remarks at a Town Hall Meeting held yesterday in the commercial city of Onitsha as part of activities marking his one-day visit to Anambra State. During the visit, Jonathan commissioned several projects, including the oil production facilities of Orient Petroleum at Aguleri, the massive SABMiller Brewery at Onitsha and the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu Gateway in Onitsha.

The issue of Second Niger Bridge naturally came up during the Town Hall Meeting since Jonathan had during his campaigns for the 2011 presidential ballot promised to construct the bridge if elected President. Experts have warned that the existing bridge constructed in 1965 may collapse any time in view of the heavy traffic.

https://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234

Ignorant and unintelligent village ipob.

Your PDP uncle and clueless, incompetent and stealing is not corruption Jona swore to exile himself if he didn't build your village bridge....

What do you ipob villagers have to day about that?

grin grin
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
lloyds:

Yes, you have a point. He is responsible as the head.
But how much is involved here. . The VP couldn't have conceived so low. The write up is so myopic and not conclusive.

I see people trying to find a cheap fault. They need to try harder.

Multiple billions are involved. Billions borrowed through Eurobonds which were misappropriated. But again, regardless of his part in the conspiracy of theft, he would have been incompetent and remiss in his duties not to know what was going on. Forget about the write up and read the House report. That is the only information you need. He is free to defend himself. But it's usually a bad sign when there is silence from the Presidency. That is the typical modus operandi of the Buhari admin when they are caught up in an indefensible scandal. They go silent and hope it blows over because Nigerians have short attention spans and do not take corruption of public officials seriously.

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by isnovic(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
These rice were rebagged as Nigerian Rice and sold to the Nigerian public at subsidized rate, with a claim of being rice sufficient; a false proof of Buhari Agricultural revolution and achievement.

Shameless idiots, when God is about to disgrace you he sends you to deputize a president as this.

The heads of million innocent Nigerians who die daily, starve and many more who face a bleak tomorrow on account of the bad policies of the many Government is finally finding them out.

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
deomelo:

[s]Ignorant and unintelligent village ipob.

Your PDP uncle and clueless, incompetent and stealing is not corruption Jona swore to exile himself if he didn't build your village bridge....

[/s]

grin grin

Of course the degenerate thinks I'm a GEJ fan even though I'm a Buhari voter. grin Unlike you some of us are adults who hold our public officials accountable, as expected in any civilized place on earth, rather than moronically defending the indefensible and rambling about Ipob.

2 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by 4Play(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
xtravanganza:
I don't need convincing anymore.... I don't care about their achievements or fraudulent acts... my mind is already made up....
#atikulated

So it's Atiku who is going to tackle corruption? The Nigerian political class is corrupt, whoever is in power. Ejecting GEJ from office did little or nothing re the fight against corruption, neither would removing Buhari.

I think we are too far gone down the corruption route. The best we can hope for is incremental change on the anti-corruption front whilst electing economically literate and competent politicians.

You still have to wonder at the cold-hearted mindset of people who steal from IDPs.

4 Likes

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Of course the degenerate thinks I'm a GEJ fan even though I'm a Buhari voter. Unlike you some of us are adults who hold our public officials accountable, as expected in any civilized place on earth, rather than moronically defending the indefensible and rambling about Ipob.
[/s]

Abeg, don't suffocate me with your akpu breath..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by billyG(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
MeanChris:
That was how Buhari squandered #25billion importing fake HIV/AIDS kits during his time as PTF chairman, Yet he has "Integrity"

Nigerians sha

Always celebrating our killers
Is it buhari that certified d HIV kids?is he d one that went to the mkt to buyd kits?
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

[s]Abeg, don't suffocate me with your akpu breath..

What do you ipob villagers have to day about that[/s]?

Of course the degenerate left the crux of the matter to start rambling the usual drivel about Ipob and GEJ. You're mentally ill. grin

1 Like

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by ekestic1976(f): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
NORSIYK:

Lets assume that boo.hari wins 2019 election which is practically impossible and decides to hand apc presidential ticket to the midget monkey....so tell me which zone will vote for him except for Southwest? can Southwest votes alone make him the president? even if PDP loses out in 2019...by 2023 the PDP ticket will still go to north...so tell me how the midget monkey will defeat the PDP candidate?

You call a man created in the image and likeness of God Monkey because of a politics in which your status is unrecognisable? Can you breathe life into a lump of clay, My Handsome, Mr Perfect?
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by deomelo: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Of course the degenerate left the crux of the matter to start rambling the usual drivel about Ipob and GEJ. You're mentally ill.
[/s]

Roadside village ipob, you are still trying to suffocate me with your akpu breath.

Na by force?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by blesssingtime(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
Odidi pastor
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
NORSIYK:

Lets assume that boo.hari wins 2019 election which is practically impossible and decides to hand apc presidential ticket to the midget monkey....so tell me which zone will vote for him except for Southwest? can Southwest votes alone make him the president? even if PDP loses out in 2019...by 2023 the PDP ticket will still go to north...so tell me how the midget monkey will defeat the PDP candidate?

As far as nigeria political leadership is concern SW as alway been in active governance,we rule as much as the north hence why obasanjo remains the only democratic leader for 8yrs ... No tribe not even north own such record.
So who will vote osinbanjo 20** sounds more like a common entrance question, those same people that voted an afonja twice can do it again
Re: The China Rice Scandal That Nailed Osinbajo - Full Report by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Alexgeneration:
Pastor!! He even shamelessly admitted dey spent over 800million to rebag grains released to dem by d FG.. It is an established fact dat Nigerian Politicians and govt office holders are very corrupt but it is an irritating fact wen U are no different from d rest of d bunch but decide to b damn hypocritical about it.. Dey are all bunch of hypocrites and dats Y most Nigerians are irritated by their antics
pastor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Buhari Arrives HID Awolowo's Burial (PICS) / Photos From Ibrahim Babangida's 75th Birthday At His Mansion In Minna....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.