Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? (40479 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Fully Air Conditioned Bus Stop Shelters In Dubai (Photos) / Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by autojosh: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
As Governor Akinwunmi Ambode exists the seat of authority in Lagos state, he would leave behind not a few legacies.

Many of these legacies exits in the road transport sub-sector. They were achieved with the Bus Reform Initiative of the Ambode-led government.

Under that initiative, he attempted to revolutionize public transportation and usher in ease of connectivity within the State.

For instance, 100 brand new bus stops are currently being constructed statewide.

Each of these bus stops feature comfortable bus shelter, lay-by, lighting, walkways, guard-rails, wire-mesh fencing for pedestrian protection and passenger information system, among others.

However, there is a bit of concern expressed by some Lagos state residents. It has to do with the durability of materials used for the construction of the bus stop shelters. Doubts are being entertained in some quarters about the capacity of these bus stop shelters to withstand the test of time.

The bus stop shelters are been constructed using mild steel with low tensile strength together with acrylic glass.

In Lagos state, the residents are legends when it comes to vandalizing public infrastructure.

It is for this reason that one wonders why these bus stop shelters are being constructed using easily destroyed materials.

Unlike other previously constructed Bus stop shelters, such as the ones constructed by MTN, aesthetics appears to be the primary focus as opposed to their durability.

See below pictures of other previously constructed bus stops shelters in Lagos.

The company handling the construction of the new Bus stops and their shelters is Planet Projects Limited.

The design of the bus shelter and media was done and provided by JCDecaux Grace Lake.

The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) is the supervising agency for the project.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/ambodes-new-bus-stop-shelters-can-they-stand-the-test-of-time/

5 Likes

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by solutionist: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
In a land where maintenance culture is non-existent.

It is well.

Meanwhile, checkout this foreign used 2008 Toyota Camry LE, 2 Keys, LCD Display, Navigation , non-accidented.

It is for a small change. grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4843007/sale-clean-foreign-used-2008-toyota

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by ITbomb(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
When I see bus stop platform in port Harcourt, I wept especially when I remember the fanfare that followed their inauguration

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by donvicky2007: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
ITbomb:
When I see bus stop platform in port Harcourt, I wept especially when I remember the fanfare that followed their inauguration

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by MJBOLT: 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
NO
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Sirheny007(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
CAN THEY STAND THE TEST OF TIME??

Before Long, they will become meeting grounds for Agberos
Before Long, they will be transformed into a mini market place by impatient itinerant traders
Before Long, they will be transformed into housing estates for the mentally unstable

Can they stand the test of time?
The answer is NO.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by temitopepeter: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
okay ooo ambo leekan si
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by XaintJoel20: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
The problem of Nigeria is beyond just those at the helm of affairs.

An average Nigerian is a problem to himself and the country at large...

16 Likes

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by softclicktech(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
They can do better

DO YOU NEED A WEBSITE CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Meren1: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
No
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by AngelicBeing: 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
No, it will cave in eventually, it was a pipeline to enrich few pockets, useless politicians

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Pavore9: 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
No, it won't.
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by naijaguy123456(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
Keep the people selling gala and minerals away then it will last longer than expected.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Femich18(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
i don know o but time will tell
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by 1Nation4all(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Legacy or no legacy....We want him out because he's not a party man
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Oduwils222(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
ITbomb:
The thing don spoil finish sef. But them try last sha
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by magicminister: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ambode deserves a second term. He wasn’t perfect but he had a vision. The bus tops will definitely make life easier for people trying to waiting for the bus. It will protect them from adverse weather conditions.

I still think he’s a mediocre governor but using Nigerian standard as a metric of measurement, he tried small.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by deebrain(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hope Mr Tinubu and his bouncing baby boy are taking note.
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
ITbomb:

cheesy

Amaechi the crook or "saint"
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Twizzy30(m): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
They can't.
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by eluquenson(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hard storm might damage them
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by KingAzari: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
Las las na mad men and area boys go dey sleep dia for night.

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by tgmservice: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
With Afonjas and their destructive tendencies

hmm

I really doubt
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Liveair: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
Amaechi did better than this in Rivers state. However, the Nigerian mass is the problem.
All manner of church advert have defaced them. Now, no maintenance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by sirusX(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
Just like how we shy away from maintenance....one issue is enough to neglect it till all parts disassemble
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by lilfreezy: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
Area boys shelter you mean
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by BanjiHols(m): 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
The material used wont.I bet you
Re: Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? by Arewa28: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
If you have a blog... register for this program Now??
https://www.alternativeadvert.com/?rp=4925

https://fomo.com/ref/9a3db2498471dc6

They are paying. When you are done with registration.
EVEN THOUGH U ARE USING A FREE BLOG

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: MC Oluomo Issues Warning To Transport Operators / Man’s Parked Jeep Wrangler Smashed By A Tree Being Cut In ikoyi, Lagos / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.