Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo (9734 Views)

FLASHBACK: ESN Operatives Will Soon Invade Northern States, Says IPOB / Buhari To Campaign In 36 States, Says He Will Win / Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by irepnaija4eva(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
LAGOS — Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has restated that he is an advocate of fiscal federalism, stronger state governments and state police.

Mr Osinbajo made this submission while delivering the 40th Anniversary Lecture of the Association of Friends on Monday in Lagos.

He reiterated his stance that good governance was what Nigeria needed rather than geographical restructuring.

“I have been an advocate, both in court and outside, of fiscal federalism and stronger state governments. I have argued in favour of state police, for the simple reason that policing is a local function.

“You simply cannot effectively police Nigeria from Abuja. Only recently, I made a point that stronger, more autonomous states would effectively eradicate poverty.”

Prof. Osinbajo’s stance on stronger states and state police is at variance with that of President Muhammadu Buhari who has publicly opposed state police.

President Buhari’s non-commitment to state police and stronger states, components of a restructuring of the federation demanded by many Nigerians, is believed to have influenced the lack of action by the ruling party, APC, on the matter.

Although a committee set up by the APC, following public outcry, submitted its report, the ruling party has failed to act on it.

Despite the inaction of the presidency and the ruling party on restructuring Nigeria, Prof. Osinbajo has, however, continued to restate his support for major aspects of restructuring. He recently engaged in a public debate with former vice president, Atiku Abubakar on the latter’s commitment to restructuring.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/im-for-state-police-stronger-states-says-osinbajo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by alsudan: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
APC house of commotion. VP for state police and restructuring, while President is against both.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by holuhsheun(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
Frontpage? Frontpage?
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by irepnaija4eva(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
Osibanjo speaking and making sence anytime the president travels out.
But once that man returns, his body odour/dullardism eludes every good sence of reasoning in Aso rock...smh

15 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by mbaboy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
A pastor that speaks from both sides of the mouth �that one na pastor?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
No iota of integrity. Today they say this, tomorrow they change tone.

Why have u not been vocal all these while.

24 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by hisgrace090: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
This govt have vowed not to make any move that'll favour the nation at large.

8 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by velocity25(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
welcome to campaign season

9 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by SarkinYarki: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
I hope you know your boss Buhari is 100 percent against state police

15 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by madmohamed(m): 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
LAGOS — Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has restated that he is an advocate of fiscal federalism, stronger state governments and state police.

Mr Osinbajo made this submission while delivering the 40th Anniversary Lecture of the Association of Friends on Monday in Lagos.

He reiterated his stance that good governance was what Nigeria needed rather than geographical restructuring.

“I have been an advocate, both in court and outside, of fiscal federalism and stronger state governments. I have argued in favour of state police, for the simple reason that policing is a local function.

“You simply cannot effectively police Nigeria from Abuja. Only recently, I made a point that stronger, more autonomous states would effectively eradicate poverty.”

Prof. Osinbajo’s stance on stronger states and state police is at variance with that of President Muhammadu Buhari who has publicly opposed state police.

President Buhari’s non-commitment to state police and stronger states, components of a restructuring of the federation demanded by many Nigerians, is believed to have influenced the lack of action by the ruling party, APC, on the matter.

Although a committee set up by the APC, following public outcry, submitted its report, the ruling party has failed to act on it.

Despite the inaction of the presidency and the ruling party on restructuring Nigeria, Prof. Osinbajo has, however, continued to restate his support for major aspects of restructuring. He recently engaged in a public debate with former vice president, Atiku Abubakar on the latter’s commitment to restructuring.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/im-for-state-police-stronger-states-says-osinbajo/
is too late to campaign Whit it.

12 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Richdad50(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
A man who is for everything stands for nothing.
A man who sacrifices is hard earned integrity for the purpose of history makes no Legend.
A man must define is convictions, bury his fears, and walk his talk. Afterall, your greatest satisfaction in life is not in the abundance of things accomplished, but in the pursuit and fulfillment of purpose.

#Richdadnuggets #ThoughtTank #DeepThinker

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Jac007(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good stance! Let true federalism come to effect.

2 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin grin

BUHARI and Osinbajo go punch each other lol

3 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Turbocharger(f): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
Wow
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Meren1: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
This one na election talk.

No be today....
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by conductor121: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
#JubrinRemoveYourCap grin

1 Like

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Carlyscales: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
Thank God for elections!

7 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by 12345baba(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hope he is not planning to divert owo with police van
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by lloyds(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
One thing i know about Osibanjo is that he is very intelligent and sound. He is a fast thinker and i see him as someone that can lead Nigeria to greater things.

Far better than Saraki, Buhari, Atiku etc. Respect to him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Proway: 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
irepnaija4eva:

your opinion does not really count so long as the president thinks differently. I am surprised at the extent Buhari is avoiding public functions.

2 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by sukerefakere(m): 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Inserting the template of a first world country into a 4th world country
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Alepa(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
alsudan:
APC house of commotion. VP for state police and restructuring, while President is against both.
why are you crying?
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by israelmao(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
If this administration believed in restructuring it would have hit the ground running on its assumption of office but this is eleventh hour marketing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Beaten: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
Osibanjo saying things that's not a pressing issue. State Police or federal police is that why everybody is broke in Nigeria? Everyone is lamenting and things getting costlier. I went to buy fuel today. N600 cannot reach anywhere. And nobody says nothing about it. You are Just distracting us with confusing topics.

The billions in Nigeria what are you people using it for? Npower but PHCN is zero. Fix light first.

2 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by emmmanuel5555: 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
7 DAYS TO GO FOR THE TRAINING THAT WOULD TRANSFORM YOUR ICT CAREER IN MULTIMEDIA DESIGNS

[b]BE THE 3D ANIMATOR EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN 3 WEEKS – 100% PRACTICAL TRAINING GUARANTED

NOTE: The Three Weeks marathon training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING and MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT already ongoing with trainees greatly enjoying the 100% practical program with Lunch Meal and Unlimited Internet Wifi also available for them – WE DELIVER ON PROMISES!

At this 3-weeks Intensive training program, you will develop a well-rounded knowledge base and skill-set that includes strong art, animation, modelling and visualization abilities. You will be prepared for the ever-expanding 3D art field with a thorough understanding of the latest 2D and 3D digital art technologies, in a program developed with the input of industry advisors. Learn to work like the pros do — using the same 3D animation software and tools to render creative thoughts into compelling images and fully-realized design.

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Guyman02: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
Osinbade, if you are for state police just send the bill to National Assembly for passage, stop trying to deceive us a second time sad

2 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by BabaO2: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I hope you know your boss Buhari is 100 percent against state police
stop your always no sense talk. State police has always been on the agenda and manifesto of APC right from ACN days.
#State police
#Independent power generation
#Genuine resources restructuring NOT the one Jonathan hurriedly introduced in election year as a populist idea to curry favour
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by googlepikins: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
Too late
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafran Military Uniform Causing War On Social Media / Revenue Generation: Kano Officials In Kaduna To Understudy El-Rufai's Model / Ikpeazu: Igbos Deserve Shot At Presidency, We Understand Nigeria Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.