Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819179 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cuteguy201: 5:34am On Dec 02, 2018
From Ojota, if you are on the Kudirat Abiola Way side of the road, you would need to cross via the pedestrian bridge to the Ogudu Road side of Ojota.

Ogudu Road shares boundary with the Filling Station in between the two pedestrian bridges and the Biode Motor Park second gate.

Board a 50 naira cab going to Ogudu and drop at Ramat junction(Ogudu G.R.A. Estate gate).
The junction is just after Chicken Republic and opposite Coldstone Creamery when coming from Ojota.

Walk through the gate and down Rahmat crescent to the second turning to your right(Bola Ashiru street).
I believe MOD office building is the last house to your left on Bola Ashiru street sitting on a cornerpiece.

I hope this helps.
Grace135:
Please how do I get to Mod Idp office from Ojota or Ikeja underbridge?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 6:09am On Dec 02, 2018
Congratulations to you sir.

May the new land favour you and your family.

God bless!!

I'll rate you 3/10 sha.... you still need to fleshen up this PPR script oo... yes we understand you are a man of few words.

tjbrown:
Hi fam! Silent reader and observer from a Nigerian living in Hong Kong ......

It’s PPR................

Sorry, I am a guy of little words.... so don’t blame me for my short gist.........

Thanks to everyone on this forum.....

.@NewMum.... you helped a lot indirectly ........ thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tolextonia: 6:25am On Dec 02, 2018
I'm done with ECA (two or more certificate). Myself and hubby did our IELTS GT test (01/12/2018), by God's grace it'll be great news when the result is released.

Also, as far as God is alive myself, hubby and child will get our PPR & COPR & we'll share our testimony in this part 6 thread. Amen

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kyzimum: 6:32am On Dec 02, 2018
I got the biometrics adr for payment on Nov 8th. I paid and uploaded receipt almost immediately and up till now I haven't heard anything. The silence is deafening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by omohakin: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2018
Yes. You can drop ur email, I'll forward to you
1mole1:
Please does anyone have a contact in immigration office, Osogbo?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2018
Hello All,

I wrote the Dec 1st 2018 IELTS. I feel i could have done better and I am considering not waiting for the result. I am considering registering for the one that will come up in 2 weeks. What do you guys think?

I am trying to hurry cos by March next year i will be a year older and I will loose 5 points.

My transcript is with ICES ECA shd be out late December

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 02, 2018
Kyzimum:
I got the biometrics adr for payment on Nov 8th. I paid and uploaded receipt almost immediately and up till now I haven't heard anything. The silence is deafening.
Do they pay for biometrics separately now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2018
Chicagomum:
Hello All,

I wrote the Dec 1st 2018 IELTS. I feel i could have done better and I am considering not waiting for the result. I am considering registering for the one that will come up in 2 weeks. What do you guys think?

I am trying to hurry cos by March next year i will be a year older and I will loose 5 points.

You won't lose the chance if your score is all good. You can re-register for 15 Dec.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:30am On Dec 02, 2018
Chicagomum:
Hello All,

Wait till the results are out. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Wish you the best

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2018
Chicagomum:
Hello All,

Maybe you should wait..the ones i felt confident in turned out to be a flop and the one I couldnt say I was sure about turned out to be my best.

But if money is not an issue, you can still book another. All the best

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2018
Who else has medicals tomorrow at Qlife?

I don't mind meeting a nairalander grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mizGene(f): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2018
kiari:
Y'all should gist us na.... How was your ielts test for those that wrote today? Questions et all grin

Xoxo
#bardigang

Not too bad (hopefully). I had static coming through my headphones intermittently during the listening test and as usual (as I experienced during practice)my attention drifted in the 3rd section and I had to scramble to catch up. Answered a couple of questions with common sense lool. I hope dt won't come bck to bite me in d ass.

Reading test ws a breeze, I finished in 20mins and took another 10 to carefully go through again. I took the remaining time to visit the rest room and start working to calm my mind down for the writing section.
I registered for the exam 3wks ago and I just believed there won't be much to it. But in d last few days to the exam I came on nairaland and so many complaints especially about writing got me really scared.

I didn't have the time to practise due to work/end of year rounding up activities. I think I did a total of 4 listening tests cos Dt was d section I felt wd challenge me., 1 speaking practice and 1 reading test. I finished the reading test in 30mins or less so never bothered with another one.
As for writing, I listened to tips from Liz only. But after all the horror stories I read here including the very long debates in how best to approach ielts,on Friday night I stayed up till almost 1am reading up more on writing and tactics to use etc.
Altogether I think I'll be fine #fingerscrossed.

I didn't forget to say the prayer to St Joseph de Cupertino and Prayer to the Holy Spirit. I did the two randomly during the week and 3 times on day of exam: before leaving home, getting to test center and before registration to go into the hall.

So Yes! I know I'm smashing the exam already. Patiently waiting for the 14th so I can declare free zobo for everyone here

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 8:23am On Dec 02, 2018
Wrote mine in Abuja. The writing. I cant remember it as stated but its something like this
You had an interview 2 weeks ago and you are yet to hear from the hiring manager. Write a letter
1. telling him about the interview
2. Why you think you did well
3. Why you need to know the result of the interview

Some people say that giving gifts and presents is a sign of care. while others say there are better ways to show care. Discuss both opinions and state your opinion

The listening wasnt fun. background noise made it a bit difficult. I lost track from 17-20 and had to guess

The reading test was quite easy. Easier than i thought it will be.

My overall assessment is that IELTS isnt that difficult with commitment one can easily get 8 in all 4.

Still trying to decide if i should re register immediately cos of what happened during the listening test.

kiari:
Y'all should gist us na.... How was your ielts test for those that wrote today? Questions et all grin

Xoxo
#bardigang

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2018
That could be a very good idea and I remembered I tried such too and it eventually worked. Even when some friends advised i relax and give it some time. But be sure u just don't register but also prepare well & better than previous. All the best!
Chicagomum:
Hello All,

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by gerona: 9:31am On Dec 02, 2018
Hello House,
Pls does IQAS send soft copy. My application status shows mailed but no soft copy to view just my credentials only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 9:47am On Dec 02, 2018
gerona:
Hello House,
Pls does IQAS send soft copy. My application status shows mailed but no soft copy to view just my credentials only.
Yeah they send soft copy via mail then hard copy to the address provided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kiari: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2018
awww @Chicagomum don't worry, GOD will surprise you in ur listening exam. It has ended in praise.

Chicagomum:
Wrote mine in Abuja. The writing. I cant remember it as stated but its something like this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by khinde: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2018
Please what does this mean seniors. I did my upfront medicals on the 28th of November. Started filling my PR fields but I haven't submitted yet and I got a ghost update the next day after Medicals. Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by khinde: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2018
[quote author=khinde post=73483631]Please what does this mean seniors. I did my upfront medicals on the 28th of November. Started filling my PR fields but I haven't submitted yet and I got a ghost update the next day after Medicals. Is this normal? @ifeoma77
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2018
khinde:
Please what does this mean seniors. I did my upfront medicals on the 28th of November. Started filling my PR fields but I haven't submitted yet and I got a ghost update the next day after Medicals. Is this normal?
Nothing unusual.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by khinde: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2018
fmsimple:

Nothing unusual.

Was hoping it meant medical passed..lol. Thank u sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2018
khinde:

Was hoping it meant medical passed..lol. Thank u sir
Submit to get that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by khinde: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Submit to get that.

OK sire. Thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 11:35am On Dec 02, 2018
Sthill5:
Who else has medicals tomorrow at Qlife?

I don't mind meeting a nairalander grin

Mine is on Thursday. Any Dec 6th in the house?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sting007: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2018
Gather round guys!!

Great news!!

It's PSS....1st Sunday in December!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2018
I sae this on Facebook.
Does this mean no more sending certificate through Hello fax?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 1mole1: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
omohakin:
Yes. You can drop ur email, I'll forward to you

Sent you a pm. Awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by SundayphilipNic: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2018
Thank you all for your respective useful contribution on this forum. I'm new here  

Please I need your advice on this: I'm a Nigerian. I have my Bsc in engineering. I have 3 years of work experience in construction and fabrication industry but have been laid off for one year and six months now as my job position became redundant . I have been doing Plumbing work since after my secondary school education and even now that I don't have a job.

So I want to migrate to Canada through express entry as a plumber. My question is thus: how do I convince Canadian embassy that I'm a professional Plumber where as I don't have any certification or license to back it up as there is no really government agency that regulate artisans in Nigeria to issue license if one meet certain requirements. please my good people advice me on how to go about this.

Thank you in anticipation for your prompt response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sting007: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ok...on a more serious note...

Silent Reader/ Observer...
Abridged post...

IELTS - Oct 2017
ECA - Mar 2018
ITA - 26 Mar 2018
AOR - 28 Mar 2018
IP1 - 12 Apr 2018
LVO - London
File Transferred to Kyiv VO- 02 Aug 2018
IP2 - 25 OCT, 2018
No ADR
PPR - 30 NOV, 2018

AOR - PPR: 247 Days... 8 Months basically

Before Prof Raph comes for me, please see next post (if interested cos it's quite long o. This one na summary)

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sting007: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2018
Sting007:

ITA - 26 Mar 2018
AOR - 28 Mar 2018
LVO - London
IP2 - 25 OCT, 2018
No ADR
PPR - 30 NOV, 2018

EXTREMELY LONG POST AND PROBABLY BORING ALERT!!

This is coming with mixed feelings... Cos, I'm feeling quite overwhelmed at the mad rush to conclude modalities to travel (approximately 1 month).

It took a lot for me to post this as the supposed long delay led to prolonged anxiety, hence dampened the excitement... But again, the good book says, in all things, Give Thanks... As such, I'm very thankful and grateful for this great news!! And also, to give hope and some pointers to the weary...

So...here goes the very long gist... Please permit me if it isn't too organized... I didn't sit back to plan my writing...I'm just typing as it's coming to me... (this may give me a 6 in IELTS writing.).

The decision to travel - August 2017
Registered for October Ielts with BC, where myself and spouse passed in our 1st attempt.

Started ECA process with WES in August 2017. Was hoping to conclude ECA 2017, and submit our app in 2017 as CRS would be 450s.

Spouse ECA came out in less than a month (Private Uni), while mine took a whooping and very frustrating 6 months (Thanks to NASU + Public Uni inefficiencies).

While waiting for ECA, we buried our heads in full research of the application proper with Nairaland being our main source from part 1...still following it till now part 6 sef. (stalking it almost on a daily basis). I'm a strong advocate for learning from people's experiences...hence this was and still is a strong source of info for me.

We did our medicals 1st week January (Major mistake cheesy), as this has now caused the overwhelming feeling to wrap every up within one month. At the time, NASU just called off the strike, and I assumed ECA would be ready before January ended...Coupled with our CRS Score, ITA would have been a given immediately, but the school had other ideas, didn't reply WES until February, hence ECA got ready February 28, 2018.

The medicals decision set the tone for what was coming next...As at end of February, we had "wasted" 2 precious months. Hence, had just 10 more months to PPR (yet we never even get ITA). As such, we intended to submit the same day we receive ITA. The previous draw date was February 21, 2018, so, we believed there'd be a draw on 7th March 2018 (A week after ECA). Cos of our CRS, ITA was gonna be gotten surely based on the trend in score, we quickly went to do our PCC on 7th March, got our POF letter(used Stanbic mutual funds letter alone, no statement of account. Will share my view on this much later. Hope I remember o), got every single document scanned, labeled, and saved in their respective folders... But the unpredictable CIC had other ideas and decided to wait 1 more week (making it 3 weeks before the draws), thus enabling more powerful guys to dive into the pool, hence very painfully missed the cutoff by few points for the 14th March 2018 draws.

Alas, CIC decided to do 26th March 2018 draws (Monday, as against Wednesday). We quickly completed filling and attaching already prepared docs...then met a 48-hour delay in submitting. Card issues... chai...All these led to a lot of tension in the home front too o (Medicalsssssss oversabi decision). Let's leave it at that... We finally submitted on March 28th... and the wait begun...in the early days, if cic server wasn't having 200TB RAM, i may have contributed in crashing the server cos I(and a lot of you guys too...yes you "fill in your name"wink checked my app status multiple times every day (as if one can get PPR in just a few days, lol). Anyways, I just wanted to see "activities".

Anyways, 1st activity noticed was medical passed on 12th April 2018.
I strongly believed (and hoped) cic will pity us small considering the 6 months ECA wait and give us PPR after like say 6 weeks, but shortly after medical passed, got how to find a job in Canada or so letter... and based on previous sightings, 7/8 out of 10 of people who see this na London o (na hypothesis sha). I was weak after seeing that... I ordered GCMS notes April ending, got it a month later and it confirmed my fears...London (Just did a mental calculation of 6 Months which would be September 24th or so).

Afterward, cic site rested from me a bit(Timetable changed to twice a week Mondays and Fridays), but still followed nairaland fam in anonymity. Several months later (Sometime in September 2018 I think), I started reading about several members of London Gang dumping London and jumping to the Kyiv train (Since Ukraine weather be like Canada own). So, I directly mailed Kyiv to know my app status (as though I knew my app was there), got a response a few hours later about my app being transferred to them and other generic stuff.

So, ordered for another GCMS notes mid-September (was hoping app was near completion). Was surprised/ shocked as per the activities noticed.... Virtually no change from what was received in April/ May...only change was file transferred to Kyiv. So, the thing just packed dust until the transfer...Thankfully it didn't start packing Snow, as background check started a Month later (October 25). Then i thought just a matter of hours...turned to days...then weeks... Mailed Hon Ralph mid-November to use my lifeline cheesy.... got a response that Eligibility passed, Criminality and Security passed October 25. App awaiting final review and decision. Earlier this week, I come comot mind that they have to extend my medicals o or at worst ask for re-medical or something...That I won't mind doing IOM even if it's pricey, would have lil choice considering QLife won't have a slot until February.

We went to Studio24 earlier in the week and took our PPR Pics (Oversabi as some may call it...That you never learn your lesson from Medicals still?). This now came in handy...thankfully.

Finally, around 10 am Friday morning, got a request mail, I was like "what now?" (as if they had been in constant contact prior to now). Opened the request and voila... stared at it for a few secs/ minutes. Lay down (fortunately I was home on Friday), and tried to let it sink in...but I just wasn't feeling it...I guess the timing and the overwhelmed feeling swallowed up the excitement. After gathering my thoughts and clearing my head, I sprung into action. Panic come start (Medicals caused too. Cos I have to get stamped passport back, book flight, PTA if we get, book Airbnb, resign, pack, prepare, see and spend time with fam, friends, and a lot more in 30days). And most of these can't be set in motion until passport is gotten back.
All the information I had extracted now turned to greek, the saving grace was TEECAN(Thank You), who drafted a summary of what is needed for VFS... So, quickly followed the breakdown and added Newmum's input too. Rushed down to VFS for submission (now 17790 per person).

In conclusion, there's a wealth of valuable information on this thread. Reading cannot be overemphasized. Prepare yourself professionally and mentally too...use the wait time wisely (Not to spend it all on nairaland and cic).
I didn't realize this write up was this lengthy o. And i even had to cut off several points..apologies. Will try to share some pointers in Part 3/4 of this series. lol.

On a side note, I envy those with quickly concluded applications though...You wouldn't understand what AVO, LVO, and some Ottawa pips go through...But as TEECAN would say, it will end in praise (Thankful it has ended in praise)

Thanks to all contributors. Benefitted immensely...Best wishes now and always guys... Just to mention a few...
Kontagious, Happytbaby, cochtrane, joo2018, dumprep n luffyhaki(been quiet these days...effect of seastone?) - Manga pips too, Newmum0615, GlitteringStar 1 n 2, Ifeoma, Mcstan, smslive, canadianfly (you guys succeeded in chasing her), einsteino (left for the sister thread), Elfman/ Elfmanisback/ Ontariossauga, Hephgirl n Owlette, Prof raphrulz, smslive2, Topsmamen (Super bro), Dontee07, Ramj, Tojued, Stonecoldcafe (Shekere mama), Feygbe, 40manlappy, Mummyjaygirls, Zandora, et al

Going back to hibernation, but actively and aggressively trying to get things set while waiting for the passports to set other things in motion. Hoping not to get too overwhelmed as I really am...

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sting007: 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2018
Sting007:
Ok...on a more serious note...

Silent Reader/ Observer...
Abridged post...

IELTS - Oct 2017
ECA - Mar 2018
ITA - 26 Mar 2018
AOR - 28 Mar 2018
IP1 - 12 Apr 2018
LVO - London
IP2 - 25 OCT, 2018
No ADR
PPR - 30 NOV, 2018

Before Prof Raph comes for me, please see next post (if interested cos it's quite long o. This one na summary)

Pointers

IELTS -
My opinion: It may be stale as we did ours 14 months ago o...
Reading and Listening (You're better of with Cambridge materials for these)
For reading, you can mix things up by doing academic too when practising. This seems to be much harder than the General one.
For listening, you can watch Youtube videos too and change speed to 1.5 or 2x to improve how well you hear words if you have difficulty in doing that.

As has been argued extensively, for Writing, pick one source to avoid confusing yourself... I used IELTS Advantage for this then.

Speaking was a mixture of every...Liz, Talkwithemma, youtube videos....not one specific.

ECA
We used WES, But now with WAEC, wouldn't suggest it due to the extra expenses and the stress I went through with validation. Don't have any personal experience with other bodies though, so, can't share for them...But like I said earlier, my opinion though. Used One and the same Affidavit too as some names were interchanged.

Work Experience
I used a 9 years ago work cos I did it for about 5 years, got reference letter in CIC format, and it qualifies for FSW.
My current work for about 5 years now just issues a generic letter. Hence added it to personal history as it may be a hassle getting an oga to draft letter showing duties (I wouldn't have minded if I had no choice of course).
Although I still wrote a LOE explaining this and added the current job's employment letter and current reference letter too. To show salary basically and validate I'm working currently too.

POF
Used Stanbic Mutual Funds Letter only (Added 25% Pension as a buffer just in case rate changes).
My GCMS notes read review required for POF. Perhaps cos it was a generic letter not in CIC format.
The review was passed without any ADR probably cos of the salaries quoted in my reference letters (Hence the reason I added current employment letter).
So, for POF, 1st page - breakdown; 2nd page - Stanbic Mutual FUnds Letter; 3rd Page - Pension FUnds

VISA REFUSAL
Had a UK Visa Refusal in 2006 (Wanted to go Industrial Training in a school there). But was refused all the same as VO didn't believe I'd come back. I declared this in the app and attached refusal letter too. GCMS notes read "review required pending stat question".

Best wishes guys!!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2018
I have an informed feeling that more PPRs will be dropping on Wednesday/Thursday (5th/6th December) this week (Same signs that I saw when mine dropped are up again)

I pray that more e-famz here partake of these in-coming "golden mails" than ever before!

It will end in praise IJN!

39 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.