Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (818955 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2018
flosk:
Qlife said they no longer allow swaps
Even for those who want to go clubbing instead? grin
Ifeoma77

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adiepena: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
Do i even know?
Last time i checked was admissibility

Getting through to them is so tedious.
You try and it only gets hanged up that there is overload of calls so cannot be connected to an agent.
So frustrating

mmaryam:

Have you also passed all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mmaryam(f): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Hell no..

Loaded 500 on mtn and sent IDB500 to 131 to get 40minutes

You could load 1k to get 80minutes cos you would call more than once and would be placed on hold eventually after getting through

Best times to call 1:30pm and 8:00 naija time

13 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kemkem30(f): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
fmsimple:

Should be enough depending on your CRS score.
Visiting page1 will do you a lot of good including how to calculate your CRS points.

This question is not just about calculating CRS points. I already claimed points for the experience but i read somewhere that you cant claim points for work experience while studying full time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by timmiezone: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
Are you the tall light skinned guy who breezed in around 10am?

Swansy10:
Hello people,

So here is my experience today, just in case it might be of help to someone.

I did my medicals today at q life. Had an appointment and I didn't want to reschedule since I heard they were fully booked till March. In my opinion, it was pretty straight forward. I got there some minutes to 10am and I wasn't called till about 12ish. Those that cane in very early were done around 10 - 11ish. They follow a first come first served process so it was orderly. Again I would advise ya'll to read page 1, the entire process has been outlined in details, so you know exactly what to expect.

Finished medicals about 2ish headed straight to Alagbon for PCC. Was stopped by some guys in police uniforms at the entrance and I told then what I came for, they asked the country I was travelling to and if I was doing for someone. Then we went to d main thing, price. I told them I was referred from NL and I was told it was 4k. The guy told me bring 5k but I told him that's all I had. I went further to tell him how I was told to call Inspector Moshood and how I have hidden number. He sha consulted his partner first then asked me to follow him. He kept on saying hope I've not called Inspector Moshood, I reassured him I haven't and took me to fill the form and do my fingerprint. Currently waiting for the PCC as I was told it would be ready by 4pm.

After this we wait for North Cyprus PCC next week and IELTS result on the 13th, it shall all end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
mmaryam:

Loaded 500 on mtn and sent IDB500 to 131 to get 40minutes

You could load 1k to get 80minutes cos you would call more than once and would be placed on hold eventually after getting through

Best times to call 1:30pm and 8:00 naija time

For mtn 1500 gives you 150 mins valid for 30days (IDB1500)

For Glo 1000 gives you 139 mins valid for 30days. Dial *777#

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
DrMrsCK:

Hidden number?

I am not understanding �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
timmiezone:
Are you the tall light skinned guy who breezed in around 10am?

Nope, I came in before the guy. I was seated at the back. Short sleeves and a blue pants
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mmaryam(f): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
Godisincontrol:

For mtn 1500 give you 150 mins valid for 30days (IDB1500)

For Glo 1000 gives you 139 mins valid for 30days. Dial *777#

This is even cooler

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lakesidesan: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2018
Hi wonderful people, I have been trying to submit my wife's Saskatchewan application but once I get to step 14 of part 1 ,the page goes back to step 1 of page 1 rather than go to page 1 of part 2..Pls what do I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bleuocean: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
zannie:

My exam date is 15th. It's making me so agitated since it's already here and I have no confirmed speaking date. My sister has sent them numerous emails and has called them like a hundred times. This afternoon they just switched off their two lines. So frustrating

IDP MOD has said it in their conformation email when you registered that your speaking date will be sent to you 0ne week before that date so why are you guys just worried nah? Mine was sent 7 days before my speaking date.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2018
adapcee:

Thanks for the response.Yes,the visa refusal is for visitor/tourist and do you mean a No to question 1 and a YES to question 2 is in order?
Please clarify as the first snapshot also include the clause “or any other country”.
Please clarify

Yes, that's the confusing aspect of the 1st question.... "or any other country"

But your are safe to answer the 1st ques as NO and answer the 2nd question that has "refusal for visitor/tourist visa to Canada or any other country" as YES.

These questions are similar to what is in the Schedule A federal immigration form. So if you elect to fill and upload Schedule A, just repeat your NO/YES options as in your e-APR.

I answered these questions just as explained above.

MODIFIED: I think you'll be fine with a YES/YES option too. The idea is to declare that you have had a refusal(s) in the past and give apt details for these refusal(s)

It will end in praise IJN!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nasachuky(f): 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
Bleuocean:

IDP MOD has said it in their conformation email when you registered that your speaking date will be sent to you 0ne week before that date so why are you guys just worried nah? Mine was sent 7 days before my speaking date.
Please I just got a mail from MOD for my speaking test on sunday. Time 17.00
Venue: PH
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
Is it possible to do medicals ahead of time before ITA? Do the medical centres ask whether you got ITA or whether you have an Express Entry profile? (I have neither of them). I don't want to waste anytime after I get ITA. I have not yet gotten my ECA now but my CRS will be above 460 after ECA; so I am sure of ITA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Even for those who want to go clubbing instead? grin
Ifeo.ma77
Chai! grin grin you are not nice grin grin grin
tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by snoop4dem: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2018
I submitted my evaluated document by document transcript from WES to EGBC and I was told to submit a syllabus/Course description:

Document Request: Syllabus/Course description [Lagos]
· Document Request: Syllabus/Course description [Lagos]

Hi Guys is there anyone living in BC or any province who has submitted their transcripts to the local Engineering body for evaluation and been told to submit a syllabus/Course description. If yes, how were you able to go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2018
nanaghano:

Paid with my GTB debit card.

Please, how did you go about this payment because my page as attached only gave me the Credit Card Page, but I have a Debit Card?

Will appreciate quick response from anyone who has gone through this payment successfully.

Thank you

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2018
snoop4dem:

I submitted my evaluated document by document transcript from WES to EGBC and I was told to submit a syllabus/Course description:

Document Request: Syllabus/Course description [Lagos]
· Document Request: Syllabus/Course description [Lagos]

Hi Guys is there anyone living in BC or any province who has submitted their transcripts to the local Engineering body for evaluation and been told to submit a syllabus/Course description. If yes, how were you able to go about it?

You contact WES and tell them to prepare a new ECA for you, this time; course by course.
You'll pay for it (about $100)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fizzile(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
Adiepena:
Do i even know?
Last time i checked was admissibility

Getting through to them is so tedious.
You try and it only gets hanged up that there is overload of calls so cannot be connected to an agent.
So frustrating

Use skype to call them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
Bleuocean:

Well they didn't tell me that. They told me it will be communicated in due course. Which might be next year. Besides my test is already next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2018
btbello:

Please, how did you go about this payment because my page as attached only gave me the Credit Card Page, but I have a Debit Card?

Will appreciate quick response from anyone who has gone through this payment successfully.

Thank you
Enter you debit card details. It'll work regardless of the 'credit' there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2018
kemkem30:

This question is not just about calculating CRS points. I already claimed points for the experience but i read somewhere that you cant claim points for work experience while studying full time.

Better context to your question now.
Hoping someone could provide a perspective on it.
Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
brainy4oli:
Is it possible to do medicals ahead of time before ITA? Do the medical centres ask whether you got ITA or whether you have an Express Entry profile? (I have neither of them). I don't want to waste anytime after I get ITA. I have not yet gotten my ECA now but my CRS will be above 460 after ECA; so I am sure of ITA.

If you are that sure ITA then I would advice you to book the next available date for medicals. But remember, if you get PPR you have to land before your medicals expire and it’s valid for a year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by amobola: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
House, how can one go about the waec verification process without the certificate. Trying to get it done for someone that has lost her waec certificate & doesn't have the waec number to check online. Am told she might have to go back to her secondary school to look for her file but is there any other way apart from this pls. Help a sis.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
brainy4oli:
Is it possible to do medicals ahead of time before ITA? YES Do the medical centres ask whether you got ITA or whether you have an Express Entry profile? NO (I have neither of them). I don't want to waste anytime after I get ITA (good thinking). I have not yet gotten my ECA now (Nothing spoil) but my CRS will be above 460 after ECA (isok); so I am sure of ITA (possibly a false assumption).

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
Yes very possible. Qlife call it "Upfront Medical" wch is what I did.
brainy4oli:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
Chill zannie. Ur test date will surely be communicated next wk for sure. Just seize the opportunity to prepare harder and be ready for whatever date they fix. Best wishes
zannie:

Well they didn't tell me that. They told me it will be communicated in due course. Which might be next year. Besides my test is already next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
btbello:

Thank you

Thank you all, my payment has finally been made.

Really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2018
Haba fmsimple. If u say 460 CRS isn't guaranteed,
then I bet u wan put our people at 440-459 for hypertension be dt(lol).
@brainy: I believe ur tot is perfectly on point while u've received a perfect ans from our guru in d house. All the best! [quote author=fmsimple post=73614939][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tippex(f): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2018
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten PPR especially my team June AOR. Go and flourish guys!

I am still waiting for AVO, will clock 6 months on the 14th. Not stressing over the delay anymore, PPR will come in God's time, He will make all things beautiful in his time. If you are team AVO here or you are experiencing any delay, don't lose faith! It will come at God's appointed time. Thanks to everyone who checked on me, God bless you guys!

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dubajek: 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2018
please can i use my ECA for my admission
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2018
wasseynewest:
Haba fmsimple. If u say 460 CRS isn't guaranteed,
then I bet u wan put our people at 440-459 for hypertension be dt(lol).
@brainy: I believe ur tot is perfectly on point while u've received a perfect ans from our guru in d house. All the best!

grin grin grin
I'm just pulling his/her legs.
The possibility of in ITA with 460 is very high, but really the assurance (sure without fail) is of Baba God.
May our Canny desires be fulfilled.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.