Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819504 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2018
Zeiya:
Men this PPR rain reach my side ooooooooo.

Long post alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will give the type of testimony that I benefited from in the past.

It has ended in praise for me. Yours is loading

Amen oo its loading indeed.

Congrats Zeiya

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TeeONE1: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2018
NeneSisi:
Please who has done the computer-based IELTS with BC or know anyone who has?

I will appreciate if people can be kind enough to answer @NeneSisi question.
The pro and cons of computer-base IELTS?
I just noticed BC has started offering computer based IELTS in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Wow! Jehovah God opened up the floodgates.
Congratulations to @Zeiya @ oluphillip2018 and to all our silent readers and others who received PPR. Issa awesome something. Go ye and flourish.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:09am On Dec 08, 2018
How is your abj movement?

Hope Ifeoma77 and Tojued have given you the necessary attention and have performed? I saw some others proposing to host you on the thread too... U have indeed touched some lives, so some people wanna return the benevolence.

Well me sha... i dey wait for your grilled chicken for canny.. when you go host us grin grin grin

Newmum0615:
Wow! Jehovah God opened up the floodgates.
Congratulations to @Zeiya @ oluphillip2018 and to all our silent readers and others who received PPR. Issa awesome something. Go ye and flourish.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2018
raphrulz:
I want to request that you share the PEBC assessment process and timelines so that it can be included in page 1. I actually believe the PEBC and MCC process should feature as separate posts on page 1. @ drcynthia... can you also help with MCC.

So that newbies wont come asking for it again.

@smslive.. what do you think??

Cheers.

@raphrulz sure I can....were do I post it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Homguy(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2018
raphrulz:
I want to request that you share the PEBC assessment process and timelines so that it can be included in page 1. I actually believe the PEBC and MCC process should feature as separate posts on page 1. @ drcynthia... can you also help with MCC.

Cheers.

All right. Although I didn't use PEBC, I have put colleagues new to the PR process through. So I will do a comprehensive test of the process to best of my knowledge. If that's ok.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2018
raphrulz:
Yes it is... although some one recently stated that he/she sent a mail to find out if that would suffice and they replied no..

But its acceptable per their website and should be acceptable when you send to them.

Thank u so much sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Greatkhad: 9:20am On Dec 08, 2018
Guys my transcript was delivered to WES on 20th november, i have been refreshing the page for an update.

I just got an update that the evaluation will be due on 1st feb 2019.

Pls is it meant to take that long, this thing is really stressful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2018
Just state it like a normal post on the thread...

drcynthia:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2018
Which evaluation body did you use?

Homguy:
All right. Although I didn't use PEBC, I have put colleagues new to the PR process through. So I will do a comprehensive test of the process to best of my knowledge. If that's ok.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 9:38am On Dec 08, 2018
dalutin:
Can u pls help us with the hospital website, so as to book for the next available date. Thank you.

The booking is not via the website. Kindly digest page 1, you will thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by meelola007(f): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2018
Lol 8.8 ke... This is the most interesting PPR story j have read.
raphrulz:
Wow!

A big congratulations to you. The wait has finally paid off. I remember seeing some of your posts and a few clrifications.

May God favour you in the new land. You have indeed met our PPR script expectations. You wrote absolutely on every section of your application except medicals and PCC. However, you have done a good job.

I will rate you 8.8/10.. very good job indeed.

God bless and favour you in your new land... and may joy and congratulatory messages never cease in your household.

Go and prosper!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 9:44am On Dec 08, 2018
All correct Prof
raphrulz:

Cheers.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2018
Wawu, that's a long time.

Must be the because of holidays or they are being overwhelmed.
Greatkhad:
Guys my transcript was delivered to WES on 20th november, i have been refreshing the page for an update.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Temas: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2018
Swansy10:

The booking is not via the website. Kindly digest page 1, you will thank me later.

How is your TRNC PCC going?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2018
Please post it here and yours truly would update page 1
drcynthia:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2018
I do think you may be safe after passing the R10 stage and that it may be requested for if it is required, but in this journey it is better to be safe than sorry. I think the key is the current address you used when you submitted your application.

1. If you used the foreign address, I think you should get the PCC asap an upload with an LOE.
2. If you used Nigerian address, still get the PCC, raise a CSE for a change of address and upload the PCC.

All the best.
nuelnuel:

Yes I have passed the medical assessment and I have already given my biometrics

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2018
meelola007:
Lol 8.8 ke... This is the most interesting PPR story j have read.
Really the best PPR news...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 10:07am On Dec 08, 2018
smslive2:
Please post it here and yours truly would update page 1

This is just a guide for doctors. It is subject to change and contributions....(copied n modified alil bit)

For medical doctors, verification of your certificate is done through MCC (Medical Council of Canada). Check out their site for info. www.mcc.ca.

Verification of MBBS certificate for ECA is outlined below.

1) Open an account on www.physiciansapply.ca. About $290 CAD non-refundable fee is charged.

2) Request for a source verification (svr) of your qualification on the physicians apply site (this is done through ECFMG). It costs about $170CAD.
NB payments can be done with MasterCard. I used first bank of Nigeria MasterCard.

3)Send your Documents to MCC
a) notarized copy of your mbbs degree certificate,
international passport.
b) Four downloaded docs
i) certified identity confirmation page (The notary
lawyer fills this form also, and he also certifies
the upper passport photograph.
You will need just two
passport photographs (50mmX70mm) for this
page.
ii) Cover letter for your medical certificate.
iii) Cover letter for your international passport.
iv) Consent Release form.

All 4 docs above (i-iv) are downloaded from your physicians apply account after paying and filling the page for SVR.

Package and send (a) and (b) via courier (I used UPS) to

Medical Council of Canada
1021 Thomas Spratt Place
Ottawa, ON Canada K1G 5L5.

NB for females who are married and have different names on their medical certificate and International passports, you will need to add evidence of change of name (marriage certificate, affidavit for change of name) to the documents being sent to MCC.

4) 7-14 days days after receiving no. 3, MCC forwards your degree certificate to ECFMG who inturn sends a request for a source verification of your degree to your school via regular mail which takes an average of 6-8 weeks to get to your school (with a copy of your degree, a form to be filled and a pre-addressed envelope).

NB at this point, you will get in touch with your medical school to be on a look out for your documents. So they can inform you when it arrives and u pay the necessary fee for your school to send it back to ECFMG Philadelphia

If the school does not respond within 60 days, they will send another request to the school. At this point you can opt for a courier delivery to your school. They will only repeat this step 4 up to a maximum of 3 times.

5)ECFMG responds to your school and processes your verification within 20 working days and then you can proceed to step 6.

6)Request for an ECA from MCC. this would cost about $106 and would take 21 working days to process. ECA certificate appears in your physicians apply account afterwards. But this certificate is without the official stamp. Some say you can't use this (upload) for EE, as it doesn't have the official stamp.

7)Pay a courier fee for delivery of your ECA to Nigeria (about $146). This is your official ECA document.
NB some people opt to request that ECA is sent to friends or family residing in Canada to save cost.
These friends/family inturn scan and send the scanned ECA to you via email. This you can use for your EE process (Upload Post ITA).

Note that this process may take as long as 100 days because of Step 4 as most Nigerian schools claim not to receive this mail. To speed up your process, you will have to keep tabs on your school right after ecfmg requests for a source verification and ensure they check their mail and then you pay for a courier delivery back to ECFMG.

I hope this helps... Like I said it's just a guide from experience....the Payments (CAD) are subject to change/upgrade. So please confirm the current amount from their site. God bless us all as we forge ahead in this journey. Amen
Thank you.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 10:18am On Dec 08, 2018
shege45:
ok i see. Cus i intend to use the gift deed straight away

He can use both gift deed and transfer slip plus one month statement of account ot show source of funds while the TB certificate shows POF itself. Do you get?

PoF: TB certificate
Vo: Ogbeni, where did you get this from?
Him: Please refer to my LOE showing gift deed and how the money entered my account (transfer slip and SOA)

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2018
Josefuadjr:

He can use both gift deed and transfer slip plus one month statement of account ot show source of funds while the TB certificate shows POF itself. Do you get?

PoF: TB certificate
Vo: Ogbeni, where did you get this from?
Him: Please refer to my LOE showing gift deed and how the money entered my account (transfer slip and SOA)
thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2018
Zeiya:

After being visited by two "ghost updates", I said that if I miss out on the next PPR rain, then there may be trouble cooking in my application .

My two greatest days on this journey was the day I passed my IELTS and PPR. The feeling was like being a born again for Christians. Let me quickly give my timeline before my long story starts.

Desicion to travel was at the peak when I read on the news late last year that Canada will take over a million immigrants between 2018/2020. Then I said to myself, it is time to try through FSW, as I have been looking for admission with schorlarhip all these while.

IELTS (1): 24th march
IELTS (2): 24th May passed on 6th June( My happiest day on this journey).
ECA: 20th June
EE profile: 22 June
Hubby IELTS : updated 13th July
CRS:448
ITA: 25th July
AOR: 5th Sept
MED: 27th Sept
BIL: 28th Sept
ADR: 17th November
Ghost Update 1: 27th November
Ghost Update 2: 4th December
PPR : 7th December dated 6th December
Family size : 4
VO: Ottawa
Travel experience: Nil
Province picked: Sask and Alberta
AOR-PPR: 93 days

I got the Indian visa location stuff too, but I have submitted at VFS LEKKI. They didn't say anything, I will give you guys feedback on the outcome. Paid #71710 for family of 4

This journey taught me to be positive, patient and the power of research. I turned Nairaland into a pocket Bible. I got 100% information that I used in packaging my application on this forum. I screen shot any important information I read anywhere whether I have reached the stage or not. I read all my saved items at my spare time because i don't know what will be my own case

IELTS: passing ielts was a major breakthrough for me. I knew my journey has begun with or without POF complete.

ECA: University of IBADAN PG school I hail ohhh!!!!!!
they were so fast and efficient in sending and verifying my MSc. transcript( Nairaland saved me from doing my Bsc. too and MOUAU would have showed me pepper as they toasting my younger brother now)
POF: this looked like it was going to be a huge challenge but my siblings kept encouraging me to get to the stage first then we will know if it will stop the process. When the time came O my God !!!!!!!!!, my siblings, hubby siblings and even parents SUPRISED us, everybody wanted to give us money, at a point I was confused on how to merge everything. Our POF was in excess by 30%. 100% dash ooooo. I never knew they had that kind of money, when abroad matter came up, everyone wanted to sow a seed in our life. Nothing FASTING AND PRAYING cannot do. Don't be discouraged about money, keep praying and allow God to do the rest.

POST AOR: After submitting BIL, the waiting torture continues, I attended planning for Canada and researched other pre arrival programs. When the craze of e-mailing Ralph came, I did on 6th November and got the information that my file was at Ottawa, Eligibility in progress, Criminalty started 15th Oct, security not started.
ADR: I got an ADR for Hubby's Schedule A . At the point of submission I noticed that the file name to be submitted in the profile has my name and in my section, I said it won't hurt to fill the form too and let them pick the one the wanted. Next day my profile changed to reviewing document till date.
NOTE: I copied out all the information I filled before and after ITA for myself and my dependents on a book. It became handy when filling the Schedule A.

GHOST UPDATE: After being visited by 'two ghost updates' grin I was scared, until I researched and saw people that got even three without PPR on canadavisa forum. I believe "ghost update" means that your file was reviewed but the outcome is what we should pray for. From people that ordered for their notes on the forum, I understand that they noted 'next review date Dec' on their files ( August/September thread). I gained a lot from people's GCMS notes, it kept me going and reduced the urge to order mine till I mark 100days.

God bless Seun for this Forum, No matter the stage you are don't give up or you will miss u PPR date. GOOGLE is there for everything. Newcomers please go back to part 3, 4, 5 and read, it will take your time and MB, but you will get genuine information from people's personal experience.

From here I got the importance of online presence, I created a LinkedIn profile this year, updated it and filled it with people. I cleared all my side business from my Facebook account and did the same for my hubby. I was lucky my company has a very strong online presence.

POF: I used two gift deeds, from my elder brother and sister. I submitted notarized gift deed for my brother, my sister is in UK so she wrote her own letter in her own style ( refused to use my naija sample), she gave me the evidence of her transfer, marriage certificate and payslip. I didn't use her payslip because I didn't put mine. My money was in 5 Treasury bills from Firstbank (joint account) and Gtbank ( Personal) . I used 6months bank statement from Firstbank ( i had 100% POF there), generic reference letters from both banks and Tbills certificates. I explained in details how all the money came in and stressed that they can be liquidated at any time.

WORK EXPERIENCE: I submitted a very detailed reference letter ( I was lucky I worked with my boss on this), appointment, confirmation, promotion, and salary raise letters only.

CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY is real and you must be interested and determined to get there. I have told some of my friends and
some gave up after few attempts of IELTS while some are waiting to see the result if my own. READ and READ, there are a lot of pre-arrival programs people miss out because of lack of information.

I appreciate hundreds of people here but I will mention few to save space.

@Newmum you are good.
@Mcstan I pray for you always, you inspire me, we will celebrate you here on your appointed day
@dumprep, I met you at the PFC session, you have a nice soul, waiting for your Landing gist soon.

Finally all Glory be to GOD ALMIGHTY and Honour to our Blessed Mother Mary. That WOMAN is loaded. If you are a Catholic, near her and you will never regret it. SHE can't stand our tears and worries.

It has ended in praise for me. Yours is loading

CONGRATULATIONS dear. I remember how you patiently answered a question I asked. May God bless and favour you in this new land

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2018
Thanks dear.

This is definitely very detailed.

God bless.

drcynthia:

This is just a guide for doctors. It is subject to change and contributions....

I hope this helps... Like I said it's just a guide from experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2018
raphrulz:
Thanks dear.

This is definitely very detailed.

God bless.

Uwc sir. Learning from the Prof himself. Pls is there a writeup like this for ICES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prettysussie: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Greatkhad:

That is unusual. It should be completed within 20 working days. Even if they are closing for the year, it shouldn't take that long.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prettysussie: 11:02am On Dec 08, 2018
Wes evaluation for masters completed. I updated my profile immediately , crs score at 451. Patiently waiting for ITA!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 11:06am On Dec 08, 2018
jrapheal:
COPR thank you for the kind response, kindly shed more light on the FAX method. i haven't done it before

Google Hellofax and follow the online instructions. Go to WES website and get their fax number.

Alternatively, you can give your school a copy of your degree cert to send together with your transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2018
Waaawuuuu!!!!!

Didn't I say it at the beginning of this week that the PPR rain cloud is gathering and that it will rain after Wednesday? grin grin

This God is just too much... grin grin

BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all the PPR grabbers in the house.

This phase has indeed ended in a beautiful praise giving.

To all the families so blessed, go and flourish in Cannyland.

To the reminder of our compatriots still awaiting their PPRs, one thing that I am very certain of is that: Though it may tarry, it will surely show when you least expects it!

It will all definitely end in praise IJN!

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Zeiya:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 11:45am On Dec 08, 2018
congratulations zeiya. may the land be richly blessed for you and yours. @ prof [snape] sorry Ralph why naa, I was expecting like 12/10 lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.