Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (817845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by blaqroy: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2019
Plz I need help,I got a job in Canada, to be taking care of sick,the person contacted me and complained of too much paperwork and all that,plz how best can I go about it, any idea plz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2019
[Big congrats
quote author=smslive2 post=74437988]Brethren, gather together.... The Lord of host has done it!. He did it at His appointed time.
IT ISSA PPR... Please click here for the abridged version of the journey so far

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2019
@smslive2 our very own chief linker and prophet.
Massive congratulations to you.
I love how you laced your story with Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Queenette111: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
smslive2:
The Abridged story is Here! grin grin grin grin grin
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS BRO

smslive2:
Brethren, gather together.... The Lord of host has done it!. He did it at His appointed time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2019
smslive2:
Brethren, gather together.... The Lord of host has done it!. He did it at His appointed time.

congratulations bro, God bless your new endeavors

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Licious07(f): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2019
Congratulations Smslive2 The Lord is good!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fatiah(f): 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2019
Greetings Fam, now that I've gotten a more acceptable PPR letter, here is my PPR STORY and Time line as promised. It's a long one, I hope I get a good score @Ralph cos e no easy, Lol! ‎

MY PPR STORY[center][/center]
Decision to migrate was made exactly a year ago after my brother, a PR holder and I had a discussion on the way forward regarding a better future. Thankfully hubby also agreed even though he had his reservations about the whole journey
I ultimately had to be the primary applicants because of age and being more invested in the journey than my spouse.
[b]IELTS (1st February 2018)  F[/b]irst attempt - 8.5, 8, 7, 7 LWRS
So, I travelled down to Lagos for my ielts in January. Stayed at my folks place. I practiced more of the writing then a bit of the listening. I didn't  practice speaking much cos my brother had assured me there's no big deal as long as I speak fluently and don't make grammatical errors. In hindsight, I would have done better in speaking if I had practiced especially knowing that I've never really been the verbally expressive type, particularly in a formal setting.‎ As for writing, let me just say I was lucky cos even with my practice, after I was through with the exam I realised I didn't my opinion with specific examples and I even used the infamous "This essay would discuss.." phrase. Though, I know I may have done better in task achievement and also tried to make as little errors as planned but nevertheless, I was so worried that I would get 6.5. I had even continued practicing before the result was out but thankfully I got just what I required. 
ECA  
My ECA - March 2018
Spouse's ECA - May 2018
Not much to tell here. It was a smooth process thanks to MCC and my school.
POF
100% Gift deed from my Dad for Family of 3. Just added my last 6 months statement of my savings account highlighting the transfers along with my dad's SOA and a LOE
PCC
This was also straight forward. Didn't use inspector moshood at the time. Though I probably should have cos I was charged 13k for hubby and I 
ITA - 23rd May  2018
CRS Score was 443. 
Claimed sibling point. 
Work Experience  : I claimed just 1 year experience cos I had only 2 year post graduation work experience at the time and thankfully 2 years and one year had the same points. Work reference letter was from my employer during  internship/ housejob
AOR - 19th June 2018
It is worthy of note that even though I tried my best to be involved in this process since it's obviously my life and that of my family, my brother is the one who practically processed and paid for my application. In fact ‎I had successful applied for TRV courtesy of my brother  about 2 years ago in order to birth my baby in Canada. Unfortunately, the application was approved after I had already put to bed. I can actually relate with @dumprep story when it comes to having a brother who is always looking out for you in the best possible way. I truly am blessed to have such a brother .
I remember after submission, I checked my mail  several times a day and my profile daily. 
MEP / IP1 - 4th July 2018
After IP1 there was a long silence. After, the first few weeks I had to reduce the rate at which I checked my account and concentrate on other things for sanity sake.
IP2 - 24th October
[/b]When I finally got to IP2 I was really hopeful PPR Will come in few weeks time but CIC had other plans. I subsequently got my Ghost update 6th of November but no PPR. I started to get really anxious towards the end of November when there was still no PPR. 
[b]Post-approval Pre-PPR phase :‎

Now, as you can see my journey had been somewhat smooth so far. This phase was where things started to get a bit more interesting.
I stumbled on Canadavisa forum for June AOR Applicants and saw that it wasn't an isolated case. Hmm, it wasn't easy seeing those whose AOR and IP2 were after mine getting PPR Mail in no time. Raised CSE around 5months post AOR found out file was at CIO, Sydney. Mid December, mailed CIO, CPC ottawa,raised another CSE and found out final decision has been made already still no PPR. Then a trend was noticed , people who had their file approved but awaiting PPR were subsequently being issued PPR within few days after mailing NDVO but these were majorly Indian applicant. So few of us Nigerian applicant tried mailing Accra VO, no response. Then a fellow Nigerian  who was inland applicant mailed NDVO and got a favourable response that his application is in queue for landing interview. Hmm, that was how I also mailed NDVO on 24th of December.
First PPR mail - 31st December 2018
 Lo and behold, got a PPR mail from NDVO asking me to submit passport in India ! Since I had seen recent similar cases of people who requested for change in VO for Passport submisison and subsequently got a new PPR Letter from Ottawa, I immediately sent a mail requesting for the same. When I told my brother, he was saying there was no need,
Second PPR mail - 4th January 2019
The mail came in at 12:08am from cpc Ottawa but saw it when I checked my mail around 7:30am this morning. 
Funny thing, I remember that I'd stayed up till 11pm thinking of how I can send my documents to VFS India / Nepal. I was so relieved and elated to see it. Even hubby's disposition has changed.

Alhamdulillah! I give all praises to God for making this decision to be actualised. I realise it isn't by my power but by His mercy. I can't stop thanking Him for his favours upon me, especially in regards to my family. I'm also glad for the initiative to do my own research which caused me to stumble in this thread and that if canadavisa forum. I probably would have still been waiting for my PPR Mail.
I seek for His continuous favour and mercy as I embark on this new phase of life. May our aspirations be met and may we all find favour in Canny Land.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Pegzzyg(f): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
Awwww, Congratulations to you. So Happy for you & the Family! Thank you for all the work you do here.
smslive2:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
fatiah:
Greetings Fam, now that I've gotten a more acceptable PPR letter, here is my PPR STORY and Time line as promised. It's a long one, I hope I get a good score @Ralph cos e no easy, Lol! ‎

MY PPR STORY[center][/center]
Decision to migrate was made exactly a year ago after my brother, a PR holder and I had a discussion on the way forward regarding a better future. Thankfully hubby also agreed even though he had his reservations about the whole journey
I ultimately had to be the primary applicants because of age and being more invested in the journey than my spouse.
[b]IELTS (1st February 2018)  F[/b]irst attempt - 8.5, 8, 7, 7 LWRS
So, I travelled down to Lagos for my ielts in January. Stayed at my folks place. I practiced more of the writing then a bit of the listening. I didn't  practice speaking much cos my brother had assured me there's no big deal as long as I speak fluently and don't make grammatical errors. In hindsight, I would have done better in speaking if I had practiced especially knowing that I've never really been the verbally expressive type, particularly in a formal setting.‎ As for writing, let me just say I was lucky cos even with my practice, after I was through with the exam I realised I didn't my opinion with specific examples and I even used the infamous "This essay would discuss.." phrase. Though, I know I may have done better in task achievement and also tried to make as little errors as planned but nevertheless, I was so worried that I would get 6.5. I had even continued practicing before the result was out but thankfully I got just what I required. 
ECA  
My ECA - March 2018
Spouse's ECA - May 2018
Not much to tell here. It was a smooth process thanks to MCC and my school.
POF
100% Gift deed from my Dad for Family of 3. Just added my last 6 months statement of my savings account highlighting the transfers along with my dad's SOA and a LOE
PCC
This was also straight forward. Didn't use inspector moshood at the time. Though I probably should have cos I was charged 13k for hubby and I 
ITA - 23rd May  2018
CRS Score was 443. 
Claimed sibling point. 
Work Experience  : I claimed just 1 year experience cos I had only 2 year post graduation work experience at the time and thankfully 2 years and one year had the same points. Work reference letter was from my employer during  internship/ housejob
AOR - 19th June 2018
It is worthy of note that even though I tried my best to be involved in this process since it's obviously my life and that of my family, my brother is the one who practically processed and paid for my application. In fact ‎I had successful applied for TRV courtesy of my brother  about 2 years ago in order to birth my baby in Canada. Unfortunately, the application was approved after I had already put to bed. I can actually relate with @dumprep story when it comes to having a brother who is always looking out for you in the best possible way. I truly am blessed to have such a brother .
I remember after submission, I checked my mail  several times a day and my profile daily. 
MEP / IP1 - 4th July 2018
After IP1 there was a long silence. After, the first few weeks I had to reduce the rate at which I checked my account and concentrate on other things for sanity sake.
IP2 - 24th October
[/b]When I finally got to IP2 I was really hopeful PPR Will come in few weeks time but CIC had other plans. I subsequently got my Ghost update 6th of November but no PPR. I started to get really anxious towards the end of November when there was still no PPR. 
[b]Post-approval Pre-PPR phase :‎

Now, as you can see my journey had been somewhat smooth so far. This phase was where things started to get a bit more interesting.
I stumbled on Canadavisa forum for June AOR Applicants and saw that it wasn't an isolated case. Hmm, it wasn't easy seeing those whose AOR and IP2 were after mine getting PPR Mail in no time. Raised CSE around 5months post AOR found out file was at CIO, Sydney. Mid December, mailed CIO, CPC ottawa,raised another CSE and found out final decision has been made already still no PPR. Then a trend was noticed , people who had their file approved but awaiting PPR were subsequently being issued PPR within few days after mailing NDVO but these were majorly Indian applicant. So few of us Nigerian applicant tried mailing Accra VO, no response. Then a fellow Nigerian  who was inland applicant mailed NDVO and got a favourable response that his application is in queue for landing interview. Hmm, that was how I also mailed NDVO on 24th of December.
First PPR mail - 31st December 2018
 Lo and behold, got a PPR mail from NDVO asking me to submit passport in India ! Since I had seen recent similar cases of people who requested for change in VO for Passport submisison and subsequently got a new PPR Letter from Ottawa, I immediately sent a mail requesting for the same. When I told my brother, he was saying there was no need,
Second PPR mail - 4th January 2019
The mail came in at 12:08am from cpc Ottawa but saw it when I checked my mail around 7:30am this morning. 
Funny thing, I remember that I'd stayed up till 11pm thinking of how I can send my documents to VFS India / Nepal. I was so relieved and elated to see it. Even hubby's disposition has changed.

Alhamdulillah! I give all praises to God for making this decision to be actualised. I realise it isn't by my power but by His mercy. I can't stop thanking Him for his favours upon me, especially in regards to my family. I'm also glad for the initiative to do my own research which caused me to stumble in this thread and that if canadavisa forum. I probably would have still been waiting for my PPR Mail.
I seek for His continuous favour and mercy as I embark on this new phase of life. May our aspirations be met and may we all find favour in Canny Land.
I am the first to say congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2019
Congratulations bossssssss...May the new land favour you and your family..it has really ended in praise and oluwa ti complete irin ajo odun maarun di PPR....adupe fun Olorun!!!!!!
smslive2:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 234ng44uk(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ramj:
For those still struglling with evaluation, which body to use and all

For Evaluation of Degrees - ECA for immigration is what you need
PLEASE READ
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed.html

The main idea is to get the right body to correctly evaluate your degree to give a Canadian Educational Equivalence.

Apart from Doctors (MCC Pharmacist (PEBC).

Any of the other Bodies Accepted by CIC
WES, ICES,IQAS, ICAS, CEC can evaluate all other degrees however wisdom is profitable to direct
NB: Only WES evaluates Professional Certifications like ACCA, CIPM, ATS AAT...

ICAN itself is not equivalent to Any Canadian Educational degree for now so don't bother

That being said experience has helped to build knowledge base that not all these bodies evaluate degrees the same way.

Also considering speed and required documentations these are the recommendations.

Lawyers - use IQAS ( they would clearly state your LLB is equivalent to a professional degree which is same as Masters)

Nurses - RN and RPN, RM, and other post basic degree - use IQAS or ICAS to get 2 or more Certificates) IQAS faster

According to CIC you only need to evaluate your highest degree

PhD and MSC and Bsc - Only PHd

If you have BSC and MSC - only MSC

This rule does not apply if PGD is your highest qualification.

If you have Bsc and PGD evaluate both to get 2 or More Certificates.

ND and HND or NCE and HND - evaluate both

For all other degree you can use either of the ICES, WES, ICAS, IQAS or CEC...

If you are evaluating only foreign degrees - WES is your go to body.

Once a Nigerian degree is involved WAEC is a must (WAEC processes is pretty simple so nothing to worry about ensure to send a new scratch card)

ICES is fastest for now 4-6 - they don't need WAEC, your school can send transcript to them by official email and they don't reverify with your school like WES.

ICES evaluates each degree at $200 CAD unlike WES nonetheless[b] I recommend[/b] them even if you have 2 degrees to evaluate (cheaper on the long run I tell you)

NB: ICES do not send soft copy ECA - so i advice you use a US, UK or Canada address for delivery and get it scanned to you. NIPOSt are trying but docs still get missing in transit - or request for courier delivery

What else further read

ICES - https://icesonline.bcit.ca/ices/register/register

WES - https://www.wes.org/ca/

IQAS - https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

ICAS - https://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx

CES - http://www.learn.utoronto.ca/ces

MCC - https://mcc.ca/ and http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/

PEBC -https://www.pebc.ca/ and https://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3374/la_id/1.htm

MUST READS -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29
https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Je m'appelle ECA

This question is asked million times. Please add to FAQ to minimize land use.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MyCheta: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Still waiting for a response.

MyCheta:
Hello all.

I have been an unregistered reader for long now. Finally I have made up my mind to immigrate to Canada. I just got married last August. No child yet, based in UAE.

I have string of experiences ranging from managing a business to teaching. My major experience is teaching. I have over 6 years of experience in teaching Psychology, economics and World history. I'm currently a teacher in UAE. I hold a BSc in psychology and a PGDE from NTI/NOUN. I'm currently an MBA student in health management which will be ending by March 2020. I also have skills in data analysis, Monitoring and evaluation and Human capital strategy.

My wife holds an NCE and has been teaching in an elementary school for the last 2 years, she's about starting her degree.

I need an advise on how to proceed as I'm lost. Seems my skill set is not appearing in this year program cos I have checked my eligibility and it's saying I do not meet the requirements. I have ielts band 7 but it's academic, I'm hoping to redo it within the next few months once my wife arrives UAE.

I would appreciate all the help and advise that could help. I have read alot from the many threads before. However, I'm contemplating on which path to take. Still saving up the money for POF, hopefully before December I may get up to that God's wiling.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akohwo: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
canadiandamsel:
Journey so far:
ITA: Aug 8
AOR: Sept 26
MED/BIL: Oct 25
BIL COMPLETED: Oct 29
ADR(RPRF): Dec 4
RPRF PAID: Dec 4
PPR: Soon

While I await ppr, i want to start another journey for a sis. Please which evaluation body gives bsc nursing as 2 or more certificates. I'm considering IQAS for her. Is it a good option?

Congratulations dear, please which VO is yours? How do i know my VO? I am Aug29th AOR and till now only Biometrics completed on my status, no ghost update.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
congratulations baba linker @smslive. may all your dreams be fulfilled in the new land. congrats again @fatiah go n prosper

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
@fatiah, congrats again.

Those NDVO seem like cool dudes. CIO and AVO, y r u laidis na?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbelieve: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2019
raphrulz:
Yes I am!

Good to know....am an eagle too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adedayolola: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
ICES now requires WAEC ooo
michaeladesiyan:

You right man. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Matilda2609: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
smslive2:

Congratulations Sir!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ramj:

For those still struglling with evaluation, which body to use and all

ICES is fastest for now 4-6 - they don't need WAEC, your school can send transcript to them by official email and they don't reverify with your school like WES.

ICES evaluates each degree at $200 CAD

Je m'appelle ECA

Edakun. What of predegree, Bsc and PGD... Does that mean $600?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by emergency2: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
thanks sis for your response
i only verify my MBBS certificate with efcmg
i am a little confused, which document must i source verify with mcc, transcript or mbbs certificate or both
pls whats the benefit of doing both or one of them.
thanks

ceyrahtlk:

I think I replied you on the other thread but I will repeat the answer here.

Yes, you have to apply, pay and submit your documents to MCC. If MCC is satisfied with the submitted documents, they send to ECFMG. The progress report will be on your physiciansapply page.

At this point, you can contact ECFMG. You will pay all the fees required, the only difference is that it will be faster at ECFMG end considering your credentials have been verified before.

After your verification has been approved, you can then pay MCC to obtain your ECA.

BTW, it also depends on the document you verified via ECFMG, if it is academic transcript, they might have to verify your certificate from your school. Not sure of this last point though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Congratulations Link master!
Go and prosper.

smslive2:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by clock89: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
smslive2:

Congratulations Alagba Sir! All the best in Canada! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by PrincessM(f): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
smslive2:

Congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2019
When? How? undecided Please share link.

Adedayolola:
ICES now requires WAEC ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akohwo: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
Please can someone help me out. How do I order GCM Notes I am 4 months+ Post AOR.

Which number do I call to know my Visa Office?

Please someone should add me on any august 29th AOR group. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Inloveforever: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
please i want to use ICES to evaluate 2 masters degrees. will they charge $220 per degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Congratulations @smslive2.

You're appreciated.

Go and prosper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
Inloveforever:
please i want to use ICES to evaluate 2 masters degrees. will they charge $220 per degree?

Is there a particular reason why you want to evaluate two Masters degrees?

If its to boost your score, there's no need because Masters is your highest degree no matter the number you have. It's the same score.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.